Lowball settlement - UPDATE

A few days ago I was complaining about how my insurance company low balled me to the tune of $4000 for my 05 G35 when it got totalled. I forwarded them receipts and the fair market value of the vehicle which was $8-9k

They said the value was simply too high, and renegotiated to the tune of 5k which is obviously below the threshold. Some anons gave me some helpful advice, to contact and attorney and file a complaint with the financial insurance ombudsman and I did just that --- well I mostly threatened them with legal action.

And today they called me back willing to settle on $8.5k. I'm happy but it still won't win my car back considering that I have over $4k in parts on the car, so I still lost money.

Thanks to everyone who helped and fuck all the wanna-be adjusters that said the car was only worth 4k, suck my dick bitches.

Happy for you OP, have some ass.

>muh aftermarket parts
>muh rice value
If you had any sense whatsoever you would've taken off your "valuable" parts before it was ever assessed by the insurance company in the first place.

In Canada if you have receipts/invoices the insurance company MUST factor that into the settlement offer. Anything that's not regular maintenance that is.

Thanks guy feels good to win

>whining to get more money
fucking millennials

So post the $4k of "receipts."

Lemme guess, you're a rich Chinese boyracer from Vancouver or Ontario?

squeaky wheel gets the grease nigger.

>gets what he personally arrived at as the fair market value of his lost car
>could buy a car essentially identical,
>could go with an entirely new and equal car >could buy another base model and build with the experience gained from previous project
>still not happy

bait
Nope I'm white but I am from Ontario

Bought the car on a trade + cash. If I was a rich chink would've went straight for an M3 or S2k

Consider yourself lucky. Aftermarket parts are normally not considered.

You can do the same in the US, OP should've put all of the stuff he bought in a spreadsheet and emailed them copies of the receipts.

Well I still lost my car in the process. I get insurance is only suppose to 'restore' what was lost. I feel like I could've fought them and gotten like 10k out of it but I've been out of a car for weeks at this point and taking an uber to work is shit.

Not to mention my rental was a fucking versa, they could've given me a charger or something.

As some one who worked customer service job

WEW LAD

At times they void coverage.

I'm going to do this in the future now I've been through this bullshit. There's even some receipts I didn't keep but now I'm digitally backing up everything.

The excel spreadsheet is a good idea especially for modified cars.

Yeah, it might not work in every state/province so you'll want to look it up before claiming parts lost. In Ontario, you could have a $50k in parts but they don't consider that to be worth anything if you don't bring it up and have some invoices to back it up.

>being a cuck and rolling over to the insurance fucking you over

>Thinking your piece of shit deserves a dime over 5k

Why the fuck do people get so angry when some one gets fair market value for their car? I've been here for 5 years and every time some one posts a thread like this you get shitposters angry as fuck that OP gets the pay out his car is worth. I'll never fucking understand it.

working at best buy doesn't qualify you to speak about customer service, jackass

>enter into a contract with somebody who says they will give you a lump sum of the value of your car in the event of a write-off in exchange for paying them a lump sum up front
>they try to jew you out of your hard earned
>your response would be to accept peanuts from a company worth millions

fucking cucks man

They are buttmad bus riders or complete shitbox owners who can only dream of ever owning something worth more than a couple thousand.

I'd rather be a whiny millennial then a bitch that loves to get rammed in the ass by corporations.

Why are you surprised a bunch of people who don't own cars are butthurt somebody got a fair amount for their car instead of being forced onto the bus like them?

>Not telling the insurance companies upfront about the performance parts you have so they can adequately price a premium for the insurance on those parts

>I have over $4k in parts on the car

$10 says you didn't tell them about said upgrades when purchasing the insurance, in which case they have no reason to cover your "$4k in parts.

ding ding ding.

OP was a cheap kike and got burned like he deserved. he made this claim against his own insurance too, top kek.
claim your mods shithead so they are insured next time. will only cost u a bit more per month

I claimed on my own insurance because the owner who drove the truck refused to give me her insurance, or her drivers license and then drove away. All I had was a picture of her license plate.

he claimed against his own insurance. what you say isnt true

>but I am from Ontario

DING DING DING

This is why you were getting fucked around. Onterrible is an insurance companies wet dream. They'll fuck anyone they can to save a single dollar

yeah i know, that is why u wont get a dollar for mods, because u didnt insure them. if the bitch who hit u didnt run her insurance would have paid for your mods. u however never insured them so you got what you paid for.

next time call the cops and dont be a cheap jew by cheaping out on insurance. you have no one to blame but yourself

You had the plate and didnt bother to call the cops? You know they can look up the registered owner from a plate number, right?

You dun goofed OP

>considering that I have over $4k in parts on the car

I had a good amount invested into my 2013 mustang. something like $2000.

I asked the insurance guy what he could do and said generally you get nothing for mods because they are just that, mods that adhere to your personal taste.

He did say that changing the gear ratio from 2.73 to 3.73 was one of the rare times that they actually consider to be a worthwhile upgrade since it was offered on the mustang from Ford and was an added option that improved value to a buyer.

I had to show a receipt for the gears and shop labor to install but I did get that money back.

I went to the police reporting center right after and gave them the license plate, they said they'd look into it, after a day I called and asked what's goin on, they said they gave her till wednesday to come in and report it (happened on a saturday). No hit and run charges, only negligence. I got cucked.

Well ya, if you add anything that is a factory option later on, its going to change the value. Adding a fart cannon isn't going to do shit because its not factory.

When the cars get shipped off for auction, the people buying them are generally looking for something that they can sell or take parts from. If a car with all kinds of ricer mod bullshit rolls through that has very little factory looks left nobody wants to buy that shit, thus the value goes down as it has to work its way through multiple auctions and sit outside and rust away until nothing is left.

So why isn't her insurance involved then? If she hit you it should have been her fault. Especially with a police report from a CRC. Unless they really cucked you and said equal fault. Hell, if it was fairly recent, which I doubt, I would have filed a formal complaint.

In canada if you're found not at fault which I was, all the liability was on her, they use their insurance, at least that's the way it was explained to me. So because she gave me zero info, my insurance company contacted her insurance company and they accepted blame. As far as where the money is coming from I have no idea. They didn't use my deductible because i was %0 liable for the accident.

You should've seen the response I got when an insurance company paid me twice market value and let me keep the vehicle so I wouldn't take them to court.

Ontario seems weird for it. My car got insanely undervalued when I was there. Not that I crashed it though.

Start using a camera.

Someone did this to me but this is a small place and I found out who it was. Already won medical against them (~$8000 a day over a 2-3 month period), the bit above from their insurance to leave them out of it and suing the guy for everything he has for leaving me to die.

What dash cam do you recommend buying?

I'd look into what information is required to use the footage where you live. Whether it needs timestamps, etc. That's the most important thing.

For example until a few (probably ten...) years ago, footage here could only be used in court if it was recorded to videocassette to avoid tampering.

I just use a GoPro now.

>implying

shit man gopro is $$$$$$

It's just an old Hero 3. My brother uses them for work and gave me one when he swapped to something that could do 1080p60.

>$200
>expensive
dude