80.201.25.162 (vanilla)

>the server is running fine
>the starter world is matrix tier but elsewhere its alright
>everyone is having fun socializing and building together
>fall asleep to the sound of a downpour outside
and then someone decides to bring in their mech mods
thanks guys

>He's a filthy fleshling

Insincere. Maybe some day you will amount to something.

ERP server when

Damn some of these NPC homes look comfy

So why is the nanostove not a thing anymore? It's kind of retarded to be using a campfire when I have a high-tech 3d printer right next to it. Nanostoves fit a lot better with the late-game aesthetic imho.

Also, what in the actual fuck is with the lack of crafting queues now? If I have the ore for 2.5k copper bars and 800 silver bars and 300 durasteel bars, I shouldn't have to wait and basically watch paint dry for every stack. The refinery still keeps the old functionality, i.e. you can make multiple and put stacks in each one - why doesn't the smelter? I mean ffs we can't even instantly make large stacks anymore.

>tfw don't want to use any mods because the vanilla game is already comfy and don't wish to start over just because FU would break everything on an existing character

If i find a way to host 2 servers at the same time I'll host it.

xth for /egg/men pride boardwide.
Also fish people are retarded when it comes to engineering.
From the depths hue of old thread:
It's an airlock that does the full cycle of pressure equalization.
That's because weeb fish literally has outer hatch wired to a button, draining all water that made it in the "airlock", and a liquid detector wired to NOT and then to inner hatch that opens when the water is drained.
It's not simple, it's retarded.

Is the mission "Visit the Outpost" broken?

I have scanned all of the stores. What more do I have to scan?

>He's a literal junk
Sorry to dissapoint you but Apes are superior in every possible way, including no emotions.

yeah I'm guessing servers won't last until this is fixed, shame.

>only moveable lightsource is an EPP augment
why

Best kind of weapons?

Guns or melee?

Magic isn't in this because it was and will never be viable, and mechs are mod only now.

Because fuck quality of life. If you want to slow fall, you'll do it in the dark, faggot.

t. Chucklefuck

Go underground at the penguin bit

I wish you success.

i run around with double axes one shotting everything. do whatever the fuck you want man

I just use guns and a flamethrower as backup
>fire a couple of shots at mob
>it charges
>*blinks behind you*
>*unzips flamethrower*
>pshhnothinpersonnel

I'll stay intune for this.

nth for gay Novakids
That pink fella is pretty cute.

This isn't terraria where there are classes or anything. Guns will always win because range however melee is stronger in one hit kind of damage vs dps

You disappoint me. If you need me, I'll be on my train

>no energy regen
>guns win
ebin

Why is the firearm variety so shit now? There used to be lightning guns, poison sprayers and all kinds of cool gadget guns but now it's pistol/AR/shotgun/sniper/rocket launcher and flamethrower and that's it.

Why did I spend 2 hours on this

I still need to get some more Lab equipment so that way my colony deed spawns a cute scientist rather than a butch prison guard

I've put the server back up, but judging from the last two runs we've had I'll be monitoring and acting harshly on anyone who crashes the thing again.

This is just absurd.

>That pink fella is pretty cute.
i am here

You don't need energy regen when you have way too much energy with the ranged Solarium set, or more damage with the mage set to the point that things die before your energy runs out. It's not like endgame has any bosses for you to fight, either

Implying the most powerful melee weapons don't use energy

Implying energy even matters after a few planets and upgrades

Not even gonna greentext

Where'd you get that door in your basement?

I found a Tesla cannon on an irradiated planet yesterday, it's pretty good

Tesla cannon or tesla staff? I ain't fuckin' wit no gay wizard staves.

does anyone have some coordinates for a planet with a wizard hat?

ive been searching glitch villages and castles for days

hm i'm too dumb for that.
Convert Vanilla server to ERP server?

anyone know if a.v.i.a.n is updated? I hate the blank personality of the regular ship ai

>Convert Vanilla server to ERP server?

Sure why not, fuck Vanilla.

If it makes you feel any better, the bone dragon's pistol involves fireballs. Evil Eye still fires eyeballs. That's really it for unique weapons, though. Firearms were gutted and they really wanted to gut the viability of buying from Avian airships, too

No, a straight up cannon, though it's classified as a sniper rifle. Zaps lightning in a straight shot and has multishot mode as secondary

the loot isn't the same for everyone, the locations for loot are though

I want a lewd mod that involves pure love, no fetish shit

Seriously it doesn't need quality animations, just me and an npc or another player being able to lay down in one bed together with hearts all over the place instead of little red healing crosses

the process will also heal with great speed

Someone please make it happen.

When there's actual lewd mods.
No point hosting a whole server just for people to type stuff.

What mods should the ERP server need (I will not put in Mechas)

Yea why not.

I have to get myself one of those. You don't happen to have the coordinates for the planet you found it in?

Play the castle again. I got mine there.

The Glitch Mission has a full set, in static locations every time. You can get the magic scroll from a crate at the start, one piece from the chest right at the teleporter and the other piece from the hillside

This if it werks on a serb.

Have been playing Starbound since EA in every large update but haven't really reached too far every time, I have some quick questions about 1.0:

So what did they decide to do with monster generation? I remember there was this update which made 'every monster visually unique' instead of randomly generating them(which I preferred more desu).

Have they added randomly generated quests anywhere? I keep seeing people mention that you can get crew by doing villagers' quests.

Did they rework the pokeball system? I remember it being rather underdeveloped with monsters dissappearing as soon as you summon it once.

>friend invited me to some Serious RP server he plays on
>after a day I got banned because I did nothing but sit at the outpost playing shit like the insane parts of Hungarian rhapsody no. 2 using a Flute

The race mods for sure.

OK but did they really need to wipe everything I had before the vanilla ?

thanks bros

They reworked the monster system by replacing it partially with unique monsters you will find in every few planet.
Yes to the others.
But don't get your hopes up.

Well although the main course is going to be ERP typefucking right now due to lack of mods, people will probably still want variety. So race mods like the /sbg/ pack is a good start, and I suppose that H-animation furniture from earlier.

Since i know people will want to scope horizons, best include Frackin' universe while you're at it. Most play with it anyway, and it'll prevent mismatch spam.

>So what did they decide to do with monster generation?
monsters seem to be unique, I regularly see the same ones

>Have they added randomly generated quests anywhere?
yes, like you said villagers give you quests randomly

>Did they rework the pokeball system?
it's still not really in-depth but now you can keep them, when they die you have to revive them with a machine

See I don't think it would matter much, but whatever

Y -576406100
Planet is Omniculpa Rim IVa

As many race mods as you can find and fit into the game without breaking shit
Maybe a few lewd mods as well if there are any since that would help with the ERP'ing

>armour values are the same across all six upper tiers in the files
wait what the fuck

Why can't I move EPP upgrades from one pack to another?

Apparently they're single use, and you can only overwrite them. It's bullshit, I know.

I'm planning to make a lewder armors mod, currently unpacking the files, I'll start with hylotl.
I never modded before but I figured replacing a few sprites shouldn't be too bad.
RIGHT?

What, this strange ruin?

Now that you mention it, it does look quite menacing

ERP server
ip: 80.201.25.162
Mods needed:
community.playstarbound.com/resources/improved-containers.3729/
mega.nz/#!61EHWYRR!EKVnYt-8g7rBgL_uInmcrZJZY2kSUMY20AKFPOrhq8A
community.playstarbound.com/resources/frackinuniverse.2920/
community.playstarbound.com/resources/kawas-xbawks-mode-character-creator.81/
community.playstarbound.com/resources/super-sbg-race-mod.2858/
community.playstarbound.com/resources/assorted-crafting-things.2389/

Will add more mods if need be but this is a good enough start i guess.

Where did you get it

I'm gonna assume that I also need multiple separate EPPs for frozen and molten planets?

>server only has global chat
>pretty much 1:1 mods as sue's
how is this an ERP server

Because lazy code. I kinda wish the EPP wasn't upgradable, or at least the upgrades were modules that you need to switch out depending on the planet. Got a volcanic planet with no breathable air and hot temperature? Get the breathing and heat insulation mod. If you go to an ice planet with freezing temperatures and radiation you need to change to those two again.

Are sergals too much to ask?

y e s

Yup, FU has some cool armors that withstand several conditions at the same time though.

Do you see dem shiny gems? You can grab it.

It's from the Assorted Crafting Things mod.

community.playstarbound.com/resources/assorted-crafting-things.2389/

Uh no. You need one good EPP and that's the Frozen EPP.

This this this a million times

Wait so they took out things like heat and cold, but left hunger in and made it really really lame in how fast it goes down?

And mechs are never coming back either?

Chuckleshit really just never cared about the people who backed the game and never will huh

Thanks.
>But don't get your hopes up.
Well I can see why people are mad in steam reviews, I too wish the devs would put as much enthusiasm in the random generation and exploration part of the game as they've put into a bland and artificially challenging 'main story' dungeons.
But there's still enough place to create/build/roleplay(in terms of playstyle) whatever you like without being bound by the downsides of the game.

give suggestions for mods desu what mod has non global chat

i approve.

Should I buy it?

which interspecies couple is best couple

IIRC that was the case in beta. You just had to switch it on some screen. Shit and I was just getting used to how awesome the Light II upgrade is

No. Chucklefish doesn't deserve your money.

Considering the hardcoded limitations of animation in Starbound, the result would be some sims1 style woohoo without any animation other than heart particles blocking the view so you can imagine they fug. The only thing necessary to be accomplished is having two characters seated onto a single bed, which might already be hard to do knowing chucklefuck's retarded coding.

I actually like the EPP mechanic, but only insofar as it feels like I should also be able to buy consumables to temporarily alleviate other protections

Novakid x Glitch. Male homosexuals.

Not him, I have the solarium set and I still drain energy with a few seconds of continuous special use, especially when humanoid enemies are the motherfucking damage sponges that they are

Melee makes mincemeat out of them regardless.

The only way to have truly unlimited energy is with a staff energy zone, but that takes a few seconds and limits your mobility

How does one get specific NPCs to join your crew? Any tips?

I don't even get halfway in the time it takes an assault rifle to kill any enemy on a given planet. Even less energy used in the time a machine pistol does it while dual wielding them.

people have made a vore mod
so someone can make this mod

so is there a "Best Weapon In The Game" or is it up for debate?

i found pic related and it seems like a good contender for the last sword

is there a Veeky Forums server?

Unfortunately the special doesn't seem very good, protectors broadsword has it beat.

Hylotl x Floran

>starbound wiki says you get the recipe for the slime grapple hand after picking up slime balls
>find slime balls
>don't have recipe

WHY THE FUCK YOU GOTTA LIE TO ME WIKI, I NEED A GRAPPLING HOOK

also I keep wanting to roleplay as an actual semi serious space robot knight but the game keeps giving me goofy shit that tempts me otherwise.

I think the drinking helmet is gonna stay