Nevada br/o/ here

Nevada br/o/ here

So I had a project car towed off my apartment complex...the car was covered but was registered non operational

Tow guy lifted cover and flagged it for no tags

I told my apartment manager the situation he said no further action would be taken

Next day car gets towed and they want $380 plus 100 to tow my non running car back to me

Its a 1985 celica supra and is worth maybe 600 in its current condition....what do?

They also want 200 of I choose to surrender the title

>gubment takes you're possessions if you don't pay for a sticker
>gubment fines you for taking your possessions without your permission
>gubment fines you more for having to return your possessions they took without permission.
Land of the free

Why didn't you talk to the tow guy?

I wasn't there the day it got taken

Sounds like you need to go have a friendly chat with your apartment manager and then the tow guy. If nobody cooperates you are basically fucked and have to pay the fees.

So what exactly is the fucking use of not only registering non-operational cars, but actually even having the possibility of purposely registering them AS non-operational?

I have another meeting with the apt manager in 1 hour...

Why would they tow a non-op car for no plates...I turned those in to register non-op

Also car was covered and kept clean

I called tow guy he's a "big" help just basically threatened me that fees go up daily and that I need to pay ASAP to reduce charges

Insurance I believe.

OP, does your location have any postings for vehicles being towed? Sounds like your manager is a faggot regardless. Call police otherwise because to me it sounds like you're on the shit end of this deal for no good reason. Tow guys are massive cunts

Often the local manager/HOA/etc. has very little say about how the tow company conducts its business short of canceling the contract.

See the story about the guy who dollied a booted car into his garage, and the tow company responded by booting almost every car in the complex.

Yes there are signs for unregistered or abandoned cars to be towed.

Mine was neither...just didn't have plates

It even looked well kept new car cover just bought this February and dusted every 2 weeks

sounds like they're a predatory towing company, and you're the prey

Literally tell it to the judge

OP Here: Update

Management told me they were goin to reduce my rent by 500 to compensate the error ...

They said the tow company is hard to deal with and would not budge on their side.

>Win?

Its pretty much the best win you are going to get in this kind of situation.

Ehhh well it's probably a relief to you buy I doubt the worry and paperwork is worth the $20 you're making on the deal. I'm glad they acknowledged what happened (they gave tacit permission for the tow company to tow your car from their private property) but they should really switch companies.Tow companies are notoriously aggressive though because it's such a sweet racket basically like a license to steal.

Not american, but I feel that, on a technicality, your car got stolen by a tow company, call the police / council?

> See the story about the guy who dollied a booted car into his garage, and the tow company responded by booting almost every car in the complex.

link?

desu i would do something illegal to the towing companies property after some kind of bullshit like this.

they are bullies that need to be punished

This happened to me in MD.

I'll never go back to that state.

Fellow Nevadan here, I bet it was those faggots at A-action towing. Faggots tried to tow my Supra back in the day until I jumped into the car, grabbed my pistol out of the console and refused to leave the seat. They can't take it if you're inside, it's kidnapping, and they can't legally touch you or they'll get their asses shot.

They dropped it eventually, and I ended up getting a storage unit until I sold it

Land of the free.

A towing company literally steals your shit for ransom money and theres nothing you can do about it.

That's why towing companies around here are limited to pick up cars that got in collisions or that have some sort of malfunction at request of the owner and or police.

Anything else HAS to go through the police/courts.