What is Veeky Forums opinion on mk3 Supras?

Other urls found in this thread:

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5499397074.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lolheadgaskets

I like the way they look, and nearly bought one years ago.

why didnt you? I'm about to buy one despite everyone telling me it's horrible

When I got to the car I found out it was an auto with a bad fuel pump.

not good for much of anything

wouldnt buy unless I wanted a drag Poopra and wanted to be speshul snowflake and not use a MK4

its also that awful 80s bland look I hate

how did you not know it was auto

guy i know had one, he had so many fucking problems with it, it wasn't funny. it basically sent him broke, he was using his entire pay cheque paying for every broken thing on the car. as soon as he would fix it, something else would break. huge fucking money pit.

This was before craigslist. It was a newspaper add with only the address.

I love the look of them, inside and out. The only real bad bat is the 7mge under the hood. It can make some decent power, but you could swap other motors in for a quarter of the cost.

yeah and then you can fully enjoy the garbage chassis and suspension

I only want to make 300 - 500 hp max, is it worth buying one or looking for a 1jz swapped

chassis isn't garbage other than the weight which can be easily reduced by buying aftermarket seats, wheels, and stripping all the unnecessary 'touring car' extras

dark times, whats stopping you from getting one now?

the chassis is actually a limp shit and the entire suspension setup is garbage from the factory

turning it into a hollowed out dumpster doesnt make it better

You'd be fine with a healthy 7mgte to make around 400 max. As long as the head gaskets were done at some point and preferably upgraded

ok, looks kinda like a melted bar of soap, engines are failure prone and not amazing.

For that 80s sportscar look, the FC RX-7 and Porsche 944 are far superior.

certainly better than a POS AE86 or dog-slow 80s celica.

I have one, its pretty good, although definitely more of a GT car instead of a pure sports car.

owned one along with a Porsche 928.

It was night and day. The Toyota seemed like a Lexus with massively stiff springs and completely shot dampers - and subframes that didn't know up from down.

The worn-out Porsche was worlds better.

I agree but I cannot be fucked dealing with rotaries and german cars are financial suicide in australia

I already have a car I like and the only other thing I'd pick up is a truck.

here, also forgot to mention that the community is actually very helpful and supportive

I'd rather buy a fc turbo ii rx7

Have you considered buying a FC with a shot engine and swapping a Chevy v8 into it? You would need a second car initially, but it could be really really sick

Don't buy one if:
>you don't have money to burn
>you cannot into serious wrenching
>you don't have a reliable second car
>you only want it because you can't afford a MK4

You should definitely have someone check the headgasket and the cylinder head, BHG's aren't just an Veeky Forums meme. It's quick enough no matter what model, even an automatic non turbo will have more than enough power to get around town. If it looks thrashed, has any issues overheating or has a laundry list of cooling system parts installed, be wary!

If you're wanting a tuner car that won't break the bank, go get a Civic hatch

not a fan of v8s only because they are gas guzzlers and petrol in australia is fkn expensive

> quick
> enough power to get around town
i see you're not deluding yourself

The 3rd-gen Supra was a heavy car for it's time, and still wouldn't be considered light today. Much of the appeal of an '80s sports car is they were lightweight and simple; the Supra was nether.

The RX-7 was over 500lbs lighter, and a better all-round sports cars. I'd hesitate to even call the Supra a sports car, it was more of a grand tourer.

loltheyfixedthataftertheyincreasedthetorquespecsfortheheadbolts

Get a mk2 supra instead. Lotus tuned suspension and it weighs like 3k lbs loaded.

6m or 7m swaps are stupidly easy.

you can get the mk3 to 3000lb just by putting in aftermarket seats and wheels

> getting a shitty old piston-engined car that will need as much maintenance as a lighter, faster, more maneuverable rx-7

Silly troll shouldn't you be changing apex seals instead of shitposting?

>shitty piston
>recommends rotary

a MK3 supra will be much less reliable than an FC on top of having worse handling, looks, weight, performance.

Not even trolling, I'm simply saying you might as well get the car with the more entertaining engine.

At that point, 20+ years on, they're all maintenance whores.

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5499397074.html

Oh fuck
Oh fuck
Oh fuck
Do I do it?

>getting a rotary
>not wanting to kill yourself

I would KILL for one that clean near me. However $9000 sounds like quite alot

Yeah
I'm not gonna get it
I really want something made within the last 10 to 20 years with under 100,000 miles

9k definitely is too much
in central europe they go for 5-6k but with about 200k km

I'd really like one, but I need something at least a little more practical.

>swapping out the glorious power bucket seat
It's like you don't want comfort