/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

>Current Game Jam (Space)
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam

>Next Demo Day (X)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta, as if that's an excuse)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/groups/agdg-audiofriends

>Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

>Previous Jams
pastebin.com/hVhvNWLw

>Chats
discord.gg/chquY2e
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

>Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

>Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/bGLAQ
store.steampowered.com/app/495890/
soundcloud.com/jasozz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for good op

I'm making this. Should I stop now?

>steamchat in OP
fucked up

2nd for Fuck Motivation

character gives me another world vibes, nice

THIS TIME OF THE YEAR #3
let's make an event

I dunno, are you having fun?

That is one erect background nipple.

Who can make a game which allow me to be corrupt?

Fuck motivation, but how to discipline? That's the question I never see asked.

>spent literal days trying to get my third person character controller just right
>try charactercontroller component, a rigidbody controller, and root motion
>it all still feels like shit

How long do I keep this up until it's acceptable to give in and just buy shit from the Unity asset store?

cut your balls and your penis, no more whore distraction.

Already exists. It's called Tropico.

I want to be Frank Underwood incarnate. Seconding this. I can't do it because I'm an uneducated fuck on politics.

make the iceberg-outta-nowhere-turns-into-oasis event

Don't focus on little tweaks until you have your framework down. You'll be drowned in feature creep.
Make an entire game of "it just works" and then go and tinker your input until it feels smooth. Carefully plan your sounds to assist in reaching orgasm. And graphics maybe too, I guess. Who cares about graphics.

What specifically is wrong with what you have?

Can fucking and first-hand murder be involved in my rise to power in Tropico?

I like that idea too much to rush it like that

Love the mountain mate, bet you get some cold nips that high up though.

Dude I JUST finished fapping. Don't do this to me.

Everything's real jerky and I can't figure out why.

I couldn't figure out how to get my character to turn and move relative to the camera's position on my own. So I just took Unity's shitty stock controller and tweaked it. I think the problem's gotta be with how my animator is setup.

Oh well, might as well do what said and move on for now.

You can't post that in a blue board m9.

Are you doing the start/stopping or is that a bug?
Maybe your issue is the misleading animation, do you have a walk to blend between?

Also are you using root motion for normal walking? I've personally never been a fan of doing that.

I'm making it to sell it.

what engine would you guys suggest if i'm planning to make an interface-heavy game (like papers pls and valhalla)?

A game about hitting tits

I'm not distracted by women, I'm distracted by the internet which I need access to for dev. I'm also distracted by anxiety and depression but that's less of a real issue.

A-artist?

You need a waifu.

Nudge stray titties without arousing too much attention to yourself. One point per instant contact, five points per second of prolonged exposure, multipliers for quick combos. Between each round, the main character has dreams of extended consensual groping, something he will never experience.

I'm pretty sure a dedicated cartoon to masturbate towards would only help solidify my internet distractions. Unless you mean a garufriendo, in which case, tried that, it was also a distraction.

Sorry bro, you know the rule though.
dude, do you not see the black censor bar over her nips? Jesus.

>That doesn't explain shit. How much funding do you think you need? I hope you aren't trying to make a triple-A game with no professional dev history and no personal investment, because the world doesn't work that way.
I think I'll need 80k for me, two guys, office space and other costs for a year. I'm not trying to make a triple A game, nor am I inexperienced. I want to make something good enough for early access with that money, and go from there. I have modding and QA experience, and I'm OK at 3D, design and I am a business development student in a non-IT field. I have about 20k I can put in myself.

>No one to show progress to or get feedback from
>Don't want to post on /agdg/ because it's a hostile environment full of shitposting that can steer you in the wrong direction

>needing an office for programming

>Not inflicting your game on your steam friends list

Stop being a baby and post your progress.

>he wants his friends to leak his game

not gonna happen kiddo

cease being a fucklord and actually post your game
notice that shitposters rarely diss actual progress posts

>office space for 3 people and one product
Wat r u doin m9

>80k to get to early access for a 3-man job, not to 1.0
WAT R U DOIN M9

HNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Is there a rule against Steam friends reviewing your game?

I've always been confused how games end up with a negative average after like 6 reviews, can't they just fix it?

Doubt it.

I typically give a thumbs up to games I got for free too

>80k
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Maybe they have no friends

>>What are your plans assuming we grant you the $80k?
>Yeah me and my two buds are going to rent an office space so that we can be super focused and stuff.

anyone? i remember the papers please dev saying in hindsight he hates haxe

love2d is similar scope to haxe but has much more positive reception from what I've seen here.

I will never amount to anything

I'm at the 4th season now. The 3rd was a bore, but now it's getting intense again. I loved it more when it was more about how he controls everything from the shadows, tho. I couldn't imagine how it could be translated into a video game to make it really work.

thanks, hopefully the other guys here give their two cents too

Unity

Maybe... or perhaps you will.

Don't give up user. Just scale down, work within your means. Start small and simple. Set a deadline, create a project pipeline. Stick too it. Write a Concept design document, stick too that too. Don't feature creep and have fun.

if you're going interface heavy, just use unity.

valhalla was made in game maker and papers please was made with haxelflixel, although the dev who made that game has switched to unity as well.

>I can only beat my own demo levels maybe 5% of the time.
uh oh

Not actually half bad. Unity's inbuilt UI is stupidly powerful, and exposes everything from the projection matrix used to how you define your anchors.

Might be a bit overkill though. It could be helpful for being able to play and see what looks nice though.

Usually if you can't beat it yourself it's a sign that it's going to be nearly impossible for someone else to do it. In my experience it's best to aim for "easy, but not mindless" for yourself to give randoms a hard time.

never considered unity, is the pixel precision thing just a meme?

imgur.com/gallery/bGLAQ

a cautionary tale

You need to consider licensing if you're using unity

>not keeping in mind a lot of devs are simply awful at vidya for not playing anything but their own prototypes

post a demo m8

>Haxe

wot

Haxe is a language, not an engine

you may be thinking of HaxeFlixel, HaxePunk or others

You can render everything to a pixel perfect resolution if you want. Nothing stopping you, and it even has starter kits set up for that purpose.

What user says here is important though.
My #1 use of Unity is just to quickly get something on the screen while considering engines. The sooner you can have a small, mspaint shitty game the sooner you'll be inspired to actually finish it.

Yes. You can have pixel perfect rendering, but you have to fiddle with a bunch of settings for each project to get it right. It's tedious, but you have to do it only once.

I think that only applies to using 2D sprites outside of the UI system. It is solvable but is a pretty big pain in the ass. Half pixel offsets are fucking up my shit though.

ANOTHER PROJECT GOES INTO THE TRASH BIN

what am I doing with my life

Fail fast, fail often? Learning agile by accident is what you're doing, user

Are you going for the no survivors routine?

store.steampowered.com/app/495890/

oh you're right didn't know haxe was a different language altogether. I just used haxe because I forgot what the dev said never thought I was saying something totally different.

thanks, I totally forgot the licensing factor. thanks for the pixel perfect hint

>chickenlegs mech
>surprised it isn't popular

your job in my game will to be to be the /x/ tier space empire government.

It looks great, it's cheap, it has waifus.
What could go wrong?
/agdg/ should learn from him.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

>skirt flipping
HNNNGH

I've always dreamt of making a procedurally generated meme game

You need to be a picking up speed over time
After you go round the loop do loop you lose all gained speed

read this

imgur.com/gallery/bGLAQ

wat

>EA
Well, yeah. The problem is right there.

The game doesn't look very interesting though

literally just posted

Sorry, was meant for

CHICKEN
MECH

Cool art style.

Imma steal it for my cyberpunk dark souls

There was a really cool idea someone had where one of your squad members leaves camp to do something, but two of the same squad members return and you have to find out which one is the doppelganger.

Did any /agdg/ composers make free to use music? I don't think I'll have time to compose music by the end of the jam.

I've gotten free music here before

why is early access a problem?

What a tool.

How do I get aseprite for free

Jasozz here; I've been taking a bit of a break from Dungeon Break (hah) to work on music, so I could do some tracks if you need em. It'd be good to help out some space jam devs since I withdrew from the jam :/

Orchestral is my strong suit, but I can do electronic stuff too.

soundcloud.com/jasozz

compile it

ANAKIN, ARTISTS ARE EVIL

Compile it youself

Nope. Post here.

That's really depressing.