/owg/ - Overwatch General

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7lUGDwPv56g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder

Tracer needs a buff

I want to be that ice droid

What's the best menu background and why is it D.Va on Hanamura?

Post Reaper

Soldier 76 is like a mixture of Captain America and the Winter Soldier.

Why isn't there a ginger hero?

Bastion is cute

I want to ram my dick into Mercy's vagina

Just a little more range or damage. Pls blizzard.

buff all defense heroes

Just my theory on the subject, but the colors of the game would make it so that you're really easy to get headshot'd in most areas of most maps.

Give her the quake lg.

D.va LM should do more damage

So the times Buckey was Captain America?

If you have something to say then say it instead of greentexting like everyone will magically understand what you're implying.

I know Reaper's death blossom reaches above him even though the animation doesn't look like it, but does it go below him? If I'm jumping down on people should I be hitting q in the air and get damage in or when I hit the ground so I don't waste time

make his head big and make him immune to headshots. he can be a new tank absorbing damage with his head

Praise fucking Kek

Mercy!

How do I post a topic on the official forums?
I made an account and a battletag but it keeps telling me I can't start a new topic without a battletag, even after I made one.

>solo q for comp
>5man group + me
>think this is promising
>a minute into the match one of them quits
>they all slowly quit leaving just me
>lose half a rank
>"Okay whatever, just got unlucky"
>solo q again
>make picks
>someone picked Mercy
>only tank is D.va, so go Zarya
>Mercy switches to DPS before the round starts
>switch to Lucio so we have a healer
>Mercy switches back to Mercy
>switch back to Zarya
>round starts
>Mercy switches to DPS again
>go back and swap to Mercy myself
>proceed to get picked off for the entire rest of the match by the enemy teams Reaper that people let pass by every fucking time
>lose half a rank
>mfw

Protect Mei

>when this game's rankings are not based on skill

OK, let's stop this pushing off responsibility bullshit right now, because it's rampant in this community.

First and foremost, you can group up, doing away with all of your "lottery" complaints

Second, people that are ranked near you are not infinitely shittier than you. This fiction seriously needs to stop. I have yet to meet a person over rank 60 that is total crap at the game.

So the rankings DO correlate with skill, though they're not exact. I challenge you to find somebody who is sitting 75+ right now that doesn't deserve whatever shitty reward blizzard has cooked up. It's just not you, sucks, but hey, Michael Jordan lost games too. Or maybe JUST MAYBE, you're not fucking Michael Jordan.

That being said, the highest variance in skill happens between 65 and 70 imo (and in 45-53ish, but we won't get into that). If you are 70 or higher, and get placed in a team of high 50s/low 60s against a team of mid-low 60s, the game is ENTIRELY winnable. The rest of your team is likely has comparable skill to the other.

And stop blaming coin flips. If you are that high in rank, you play a shitton, and they will even out over time.

>Going Whole Hog while nano boosted

>Always main support/reinhardt because I think i'm a baby bitch who can't aim.
>Realize I'm just gambling away my wins because no matter how many 4 man rezzes I give a shit team they still won't be able to push the enemy off the point.

>Decide to main genji for a week
>A few of the matches are completely abysmal, but I'm getting better at aim and picking fights
>The gamesense I learned from playing mercy and reinhardt so much pays off and I'm able to constantly score kills
>Get complimented left and right for being a good genji. People notice me more in three days of playing an offense hero than an entire month of playing support/tank
>Start winning games noticeably more than I used to

After friday I'm gonna take it to comp. It feels good, /owg/.

>>solo q for comp
Should have stopped right there. You only got yourself to blame

Go away, Kaplan.

The best highlight intro is random

>tfw King's Row is broken for me

Got it twice in a row and loaded into black twice with no penalty.

How fucked am I?

People are getting angry as fuck and recognizing my name now. I checked the forums and no one knows a good fix.

>gif

get with the times grampa

I want to rape Mercy

And old Clint Eastwood

Nice cropping skills

>get placed at 57

thats not bad is it?

Am I a shitty person for running Torbjörn on attack in 60+ skill ranking competitive matches?

I'm on PC.

I play in a pre-made, and we usually win.

>cannot crop
>censors names but not the chat
>botnet like skype and chrome
>full height taskbar with large icons only, no text
>ie and wmp pinned
>antivirus

typical tripfag.

You missed the hell that is 50 and below so yeah

Post YFW you get a useless Widow or Hanzo main on your team in every ranked match that refuses to switch

Torb is shit

The hero itself isn't that bad but the turret is so worthless

You could just play roadhog and do the same kind of thing except way better

>Play Genji on quick play
>30 seconds until we Attack
>A player asks me to show off my Genji butt
>At that point everyone on my team was staring at me
>gets awkward
>A Mercy even started teabagging me when I started to run away from my team

Should I feel violated?

>play Genji and pretend to be a Jap
>absolutely wreck the enemy team
>they start raging at me tell me to stay in my own servers

It's gold gun per skin or per hero?

>game has auto balancing built in
>if you solo queue and are not on blizzard white list of streamers and mlg players
>your damage get reduced and your damage received is increased

It's LoL/Smite all over again.

Gotta make sure the games fair guys!

>still no summer skins

You fucking deserved it, Genji shitter

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING DEFENSE HEROES ARE BAD?

EXPLAIN YOUR BALANCE OVERTARDS

Hero.
They'll come out Soon™

I have literally never lost a game in comp or quick play when I pick torb on payload attack.

The second you put the turret on the cart everyone turns into some kind of blithering retard and dies to it. It's hilarious.

>been away for a few days
>come back to a patch
>download it and go into the game
>fire up practice range first to test to see if everything is okay
>practice range itself takes forever to load
>pick a hero
>black screen for a long time before loading into no hud
>this is what I look like

So how did Blizzard break the game this time?

Because they have an overall lower performance then most other heroes or have very niche uses, meanwhile most other heroes are pretty utilitarian.

They just are. They have less damage and less mobility than offensive heros and offer nothing in return. Plus lack of mobility works very poorly in some game types specifically koth.

>>your damage get reduced and your damage received is increased
No. However you do get kicked out of a group if you win after the match

Yeah but the thing about Widow is she got a GREAT ASS

True

At what temps should I worry about my graphics card?

is it true that changing your reticle can affect gameplay?
my friend swore that changing his reticle to green + made him much better at playing Genji and Zenyatta

>nobody on my team picks support
>pick mercy
>do pretty good
>we should easily be able to beat them
>on attack my team can't get it into their head if they all flank different directions there's no way to res them so far apart
>they keep doing it despite everyone using "group up"

maybe if i charge in 1v6 over and over it will work once xD

Summer skins is the 4th worst OW meme.

Is it wrong that I camp with Widows and stare at their ass? Meanwhile, the point is getting captured.

>Buff Winston's shield

>Let Blueberry quickscope

>Make Junkrat's tire sanic fast and deploy quicker, increase speed on his projectiles

>Make Tobjorn's turret less awful

>Make bastion less awful (He's going to have to have some mobility while firing in order to do this)

>Rework Symmetra so she isn't Teleporter: The Character

>Make Mei walls transparent so your team can shoot through them but still keep enemies from passing through them

Literally just you.
Get a new T1000, dude.

People always look at what the pros play and use that to determine what's good and what's bad. I still see every defense used pretty regularly in quickplay and ~50 comp matches and they do just fine.

10 degrees Celsius. If it's that low your computer is probably off

maybe you should have picked a different support that works better with a team that is spread out and flanking.

50-60 is the real hell. Players are so garbage sub 50 it's hilariously easy to carry teams. I carry all my casual friends to 55+ easy. 50-60 people are sometimes decent at combat so you can't always mop the floor with them solo but everyone is retarded at compositions and tactics.

Mei doesn't do any damage
Hanzo and Widow can't contest a point
Bastion is far too easily countered and will always be the first target to get shot at
Torb's turret isn't worth much outside his ult, although his alt fire and the armour packs are decent
Junkrat is actually okay because he can deal strong damage and has neat abilities

I disagree with this.
He's not good in every situation, I'll admit that. But his turret is definitely not useless. If you place it in a decent spot it can really help support your team.

Yea, I like having a Reinhardt use his shield to cover it on the payload and watch as it just racks up the kills and damage. it just frees me up to do shit like kill flankers or put out more forward damage.

>when you round a corner and see a Genji for a split second before he fucking instakills you with all 3 shurikens into your head

Do you seriously believe changing the color of your reticle will make you better you dumb fuck?

the turret's only good if your team is also good. molten core is a decent cockblock for flankers

Quick google search says 110-120 but that probably depends on your card.

I just don't understand wtf could have possibly changed to make Overwatch have issues like this. Every other game and whatnot is working as usual and is absolutely peachy.

somebody post lucios solo killing offense heroes

Good old average anas eh?

Speaking of consoles, outside of the very rare ragemail, is it just me or do consoles have less saltier players than PC?

>Went into ranked solo queue and ended up starting with rank 50

>cant get above rank 57 no matter how hard I try

Anyone want to join me? My name is KriegerZero and I want friends.

>You could play Roadhog and deprive your team a tank
>You could play Roadhog and give enemies free ults

The point of playing Torb is to cut off key points and be a nuisance. Roadpig has other uses.

team??

team???

team???

fuck you

>playing pre-patch Zenyatta
>dying as Tracer

I can tell from your reply that you've never experienced the hell that is the low 40s in comp.

i got one, bad quality because shitty pc
youtube.com/watch?v=7lUGDwPv56g

seriously what's the point of Symmetra? her entire kit looks like it was made to annoy people and kill literal newbies and retards
ult is fucking garbage, might as well ressurect people instantly rather than making a massive towering teleporter that can be abused by the other team

i cringe whenever i see someone pick her, might as well get a widow waifufag because her ult is actually decent

>Mei doesn't do any damage
>Hanzo and Widow can't contest a point

Well the turret the way I see it, is there to supplement torb, if you put it in a good spot it will force at least one enemy to divert to take care of it, because you don't stick it with your team, then you can jump in and help your team with torbs nice attack kit and armor drops.
Most Torbs seem to want to run him as a Turret the character though.

Why is Junkrat not Irish?

Region?

I don't get how this is the only game that makes me rage so much it just feels like if you solo que you just get fucked no matter what and are never put into a decent team

I figured it'd be implied enough that if a genji landed 3 shurikens into your head he'll immediately follow up with melee+dash which kills 200 health characters

NA

Lucio needs a buff to be honest. To weak at the moment. Needs 50 more health imo.

>our team - all level 70 or above
>enemy team - 4 130+, 1 200+

thanks for the balanced matchmaking blizz :^)

>>Make Mei walls transparent so your team can shoot through them but still keep enemies from passing through them
No, that'd be retarded. If anything the wall needs to be wider.

Once you stop being a rank 20 shiteater with less than ten hours of total gametime, you'll know.

>implying level matters
I've seen 400+ nigs with a MMR of 40-
Git gud

I think Lucio is fine the way he is. He already is surprisingly sturdy as he is.

She's already extremely good for competent players that dedicate themselves to making mercy's life a living hell

>tfw someone solo ults you but you still kill them

>Literally the best support in the game
>A good one is hard to hit, using Amped Speed + Infinite Wallride when in danger
>Too weak