/dbdg/ Dead by Daylight general

Handsome Jake Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
Saved game with everything unlocked or whatever: mediafire.com/download/3qmzt3ok3p47xqw/TakeTHATsociety.profje

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.0.3b)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/365172547953783669/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

>Report bugs
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/7/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/359543951733734322/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Real Latest Patch Notes (v1.0.4)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/359543951733734322/

Praise Kek.

>tfw

Dead by new thread

>dev stream in 3 minutes
wew

Survivor Tip

Put a twitch url as your name if you want people to take a bullet for you.

Maybe, but killers will be obsessed with killing you.

No my favorite griefing method. :(

>want to play survivor
>get into lobby
>first person in lobby
>3 dwights join at the same time
>"k, what could go wrong"
>2 switch to Meg and Jake
>game goes to loading screen
>game still in loading screen
>game finally loads
>pic related
>trapper
>lose hard
>derank
I shoulda just left when I saw it was a party

Are the devs french?
Was the game based on their daily experience of being culturally enriched?

canadian I think

it explains why they suck

nothing good ever came out of canada

If they fix rapid dinging will they also fix teabagging?

But then that would remove some impromptu survivor communication. Universal "thank you" is two dips for instance.

Montreal

They have gestures now, if I can't taunt why should they be allowed to teabag?

They have two gestures neither of which meet that requirement. You can taunt by spinning in circles or bm smacking already, just grow some thicker skin.

Stat time

You know, for a bunch of badass murderous killers you lot really are just a bunch of whiny little pussies.

>win ratio changed minimally, only 1-2%

Why shouldn't they? What's wrong with teabagging? As if thats any better than spamming 1 & 2 gestures. Stop being a bitch

Niggers

>Nerfed fov for Shadowborn

What the fuck?

So i have a level 37 trapper, been only playing trapper since I got the game. I decided to try to play wraith, which I heard is a lot of fun. I play one game, goes very well, 3 sacs, one escaped through the hatch which I never even found (wasn't in any of it's normal locations, probably just out in the fucking corn field somewhere). I go for a second wraith game, and everything is going good. I just got some addons that make the bell take less time to do shit, and I am doing even better than the last game. I down someone in the hallway-like thing in the pic, then when I go to pick them up, we both get stuck mid-way through picking him up. The other survivors don't realize this at first, and just keep going, getting all of the generators while me and this sorry soul are stuck in a wall(?). eventually at least one or 2 of them pick up on what has happened, and they just run circles around me, taunting me. I assume if the person I was holding had disconnected, or someone had been kind enough to shine a flashlight in my face, that I might have escaped the wall and been able to keep my pip. But no. They all eventually after a very long time, escape, leaving me and my conjoined twin stuck in neutral. I eventually disconnect, knowing either way I would lose my pip, and I was right. Does anyone have any experience with a bug like this with the wraith as well, as I have never had anything like this happen to me in the past using the trapper. I will post more pics, too

more pics

meg running around me like a fucking mongoloid

I would have been close to rank 4 if this bullshit didn't happen

Change the quality settings from low to high and it will fix it.

I wish I took a picture of this one game. I will admit that I've mostly been survivor and spent most of my time playing with friends, so I never leveled until recently.

So, played as Trapper, seems I'm good as him against friends and seemed good at it against players that just joined.

Then one day literally 4 Jake Parks appeared, thought nothing of it. Spent the entire match not seeing one of them at all, but they weren't going for generators. 10 minutes into the game, they started to quickly hit each generator. Finally, FINALLY spot one, downed him, picked him up......

......Not one hook...NOT ONE...except the basement hooks, were available. I should have recorded that or took a picture, just to show everyone that, or show my reaction when I saw that.

I'm guessing they broke all your traps as well.

Kind of. By like....the 5 minute mark I heard a trap and one guy got caught, only to reach it and nobody there. Guy was healed up soon after so I could tell they were either running in pairs or they were fairly close by. But they didn't break any of my traps though

My opinion on the killer perks.

>12121212 in lobby seems okay
>in game I can't even repair shit, when I press m1 nothing happens
>killer comes
>trying to drop pallet on him
>animation happens, pallet drops after 1 second and this happens
>after another second I get points for stun and ESCAPED
What kind of lagswitch is this? I wasn't tracering around like you usually do with chinese killers.
This time I didn't lose pip, but when you do because of fucking lags then it's fucking worst. WHY NO PING INDICATOR

I'd move Whispers to shit tier until they fix it and Bloodhound to medium.

Yay!

Useful bug: if you slav squat at stairs in the basement, Billy can't chainsaw you, he will miss the hit. Not sure about regular hits.

i got that level 1

I almost feel sorry for you.
Almost.

>play for the first time in a week
>stick the same survivor on a hook 3 times
>gets pulled off every time while I'm catching the other 2
Aren't they supposed to die instantly on the 3rd one?

>every survivor is at full hp at all times and can pick themselves up off the ground when I down them
When did this happen?

New gestures allow me to control my tame Wraith much more easily, thanks devs.

Explain

Wish the Killers had gestures to control us tamed survivors

The current method is extremely painful

He got the version that still lets you infinjuke.

Why did you hide your perks? We already know what you're packing.

>used an ebony mori
>going to snipe that angrypug twitch fag
>my game fucking crashes

Unless they have Adrenaline(3), they cannot pick themselves up without other survivor's help. Sounds like a cheatsy doodling faggot you were playing with.

Do you have a controller plugged in?

no

>Unnerving Presence and Whispers in Medium
>Agitation in Low

m8....

That one is Distressing
Still shit perk.

Agitation is like Iron Grasp but worse.

>already had my game crash, now this.
im just really fucking lucky they all lagged out before i did.

I hate that perk so much. It's really good counter to Deerstalker. I think I might just start hooking my Megs when there are one or two gens left.

How many horses did you fuck today Korbin?

and i still lose 3 fucking pips. im so glad that i won 13 games straight this morning, getting 13 pips, then i lose fucking 6 of them to MOTHER FUCKING DCs

i should be rank 3 now

Why in the fuck do you go on this website? You openly admit to going on reddit and writing MLP fanfics, why in the fuck do you still show your face around here? You could just pretend to be another user, but you just have to show your name every time you post in these. Just fucking stop, you are embarrassing.

pic FUCKING related

Reminder if you're a shitter who loops windows while Im hunting I'm leaving instantly, nobody gets points, you get to queue for another 40 minutes, and you have to hope the next hunter isn't one of those camping retards.

>tfw the killer has more perks than your whole team combined

My murder boner is SO HARD right now.
>Spawn as trapper near rape dungeon house
>start doing my thing trapping the shit out of the house and generators around it.
>first minute the game starts 2 generators at opposite ends of map
>"fuck here we fucking go again"
>find a Jake and eventually hook him
>out of fucking nowhere the entire team mobilizes and forms a tactical group to save him
>Still make some good hits on most of them hook a different Jake
>They keep uhooking people. This continues for all match
>by the time all generators are all up everybody's been hooked at least once
>"Fuck I just lost"
>Down a meg an leave her to try to salvage this mess
>Divine intervention strikes and I just keep running into people
>5 minutes after gates are open I have all 4 people down
Shit got super intense and, I was getting super fucking frustrated whenever they fucking went full force to save a guy. Didn't save the right screenshot cuz I was so tired/hyped but I fuckin won.

Distressing is the one that triggers skill checks and is someone clutching their face

I'd say it's still better than fucking Tinkerer

Tinkerer isn't even a bad perk, it makes billys chainsaw start up super fast with the add-ons and makes trappers traps harder to sabotage.

>common and uncommon offering for Coldwind farms
>Get Autohaven

>start up a lobby as Dr. Ding Dong
>burn an ebony momento mori
>as soon as the game starts ding dong constantly and run around looking for the poor bastards
>they think im trolling so they trust me
>lead the four of them to a genny
>grab two and put them on the ground
>hit the other two once
>they think im letting them get altruism points
>down all four of them
>BEGIN THE MURDER SPREE
>watch as the rest try to crawl away as i murder the first one

This is my new favorite thing to do in this game, if you can get them to trust you fast enough they dont even get to pip lmao

Upper lel. You're a fucking douche.

That's fucking psychotic, record it so I can watch.

You monster Nice

Dick.

Was thinking that would be the next reasonable step to counter all the farming bullshit... I dont even want to farm, I want my normal games... a wraith ding donging and just giving up because he wants his walfare pip on autohaven is just annoying.

Wouldn't they have stopped trusting you the moment you started smacking their ilk to the ground?

I once had something similar from the other end. The killer was Japanese and the lag was terrible. Eventually he got me down and picked me up, and then just froze. I never got the wiggle prompt and he never moved. Eventually the most helpful other player found us, ran off, came back, investigated us, ran off, got a flashlight out of a chest and burnt it out on the wraith's face to no effect.

sure i can try to record a game, ill post it to youtube or something for your pleasure

Konnichiwa, boku wa kira desu.

This game needs region locks. Playing with gooks is the worst.

Japs actually call him oni, because oni along with meaning demon is someone you call "it" during tag

Are you that guy that killed angrypug by any chance?

If I played the beta and was good but never bought the game, how friendly is the game to "new" players with no perks/items?

>Insidious buffs

Nice. Easy points as a survivor when you play the dumpster campers.

Wait wait wait. People type numbers in the chat to test the connection? I've been trying to figure that out.

if there is little to no delay between when you hit enter and the letters appearing, chances are it will be a lag free game.

If there is delay you should probably abandon that lobby.
You will notice that delay when its bad.

>Death is not an escape
What a load of malarkey, I feel fine!

>Don't have high enough level Deerstalker to justify using it yet
>Missed out on two opportunities to have all 4 on the basement hooks simultaneously

One of them would always die before I find the last one.

*unhooks thread*

I saw there is a new patch

Did they fix infinijuking or no?

To an extent. Windows get randomly boarded up, crap is randomly thrown around infinijuke spots to make it harder to loop around.

Is it having an effect, or does everybody still just infinijuke?

From what I've seen there's really only 2 maybe 3 spots where its feasible but not nearly as easily as before. Like you gotta be quick and even the tiniest of fuckup and you're toast. It's forced a lot of people to play stealthier which makes it actually feel like a horror game now and not killers at the mercy of infinijukers

FUCKING YES!

Something most survivors do not know is that when you are successful in hiding from the killer and actually juking normally and causing the killer to lose you...is ACTUALLY fun for the damn killer! Sure there will be the asshole who rage quits from time to time, but playing the game is much more fun than the ring around the rosie that most survivors have gotten used to

I'm fucking excited as shit

>They want to make a killer that's like the predator. A race of hyper violent monsters that are first encountered in the jungle.
>They make him an African.

F

What did I miss out on in the stream?

Yeah, I had two similar games last night, in that everyone went down on Farm maps.

>do my usual and chainsaw to roughly the opposite side of the map on match start
>pretty much instantly find a guy
>hook one guy find more and more tracks around
>three people seem to have spawned in this one corner
>one Dwight in particular just pissing me off by hopping back and forth over palettes
>finally finish off the three by hooking him
>thinking this last Survivor has been left so well alone they've probably found the hatch...
>about 5 mins go by and they're still in the game
>but haven't made any progress on gens
>suddenly noise alert from the basement
You can guess what happened. It's funny too, since the hatch was in that double decker farmhouse, right above the basement. Guess they thought they'd try grab an item to take with them out the basement, but judging by their low level I dunno if they were thinking at all.

>then get a match that goes really well
>lots of chasing and rehooking, so plenty of points
>almost fearing I'll get most of them escape though
>suddenly stumble into a couple of them, leave one on the floor as I chase another
>deerstalker.jpeg, see the one laying down change to bent over
>RRRRRRRRRVVVV
>get the third hooked as gates go online
>his hook is coincidentally right between the two close gates
>swing around to check one, scratches, scratches everywhere
>scratches lead me back to the hook
>RRRRRRRRRRVVVVVV
My chainsaw's never seen so much action.

Towards the end lots of actual changes mentioned for a variety of perks, probably worth a watch even, the last 30 min? Not sure of the length of the VOD, been watching it live...

GOD DAMN IT!

I played two games. The first was on the new map, and there were NO infinijukers! Two of them got away, but I got two so I was thinking "finally! this game will be a real game again!"

Then I got to fucking autohaven. And i managed to down two, but then the last two....one of them sat at the infinijuke literally all fucking game. I even tried to contain my autism, and leave him there to go hunt down the other survivor. And on my literally MAP WIDE loop, I came across the infinijuker literally crouching on a hill infront of the infinite. Litearly waiting, no where near a genny or an unsabo'd hook. Literally just sitting there at the infinijuke

I had NOED3 so I let them finish the last gens and just downed him as he tried to go for the gate. Then forced a DC

>they're giving No One Escapes Death a timer
>a
>fucking
>timer
Just cut my life into pieces, boys.

Sounds good to me.

Not the guy you're responding to, but I'm just as against it, because of what I said here
NOED is still the best answer to infinijukers other than quitting the game which is what I had done until I'd heard they "fixed" it

I've never seen a twitch username player survive, in most cases they're usually first down and I myself never even try to save them because the chance of the Killer watching through their eyes on their stream is just far too great.

Everyone will just hide until the timer is done. Then they can go back to farming free gens and hooks after the gate is open.

>I play killer, rank 9
>Nobody even remotely close to me in rank, they are all under rank 5.
>Play survivor, rank like, 17
>Rank 1 killer against nobody under 15

This is so fucking obnoxious.

That's fine. No One Escapes Death should be for wiping that last guy who is going to get away, not for letting you get 2 or 3 easy kills after failing miserably for 90% of the match.