300,000 Yankees is stiff in Southern Dust

>300,000 Yankees is stiff in Southern Dust

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YAfHigPsC_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We got 300,000 before they conquered us.

You lost. We won.

>lol only took X of you to get me!

that's a lot of boners...

>southcucks lost the war

How will they ever recover

>They died of southern fever and southern shot and shell
>I wish it'd been three million more, goddamn their souls to hell!

youtube.com/watch?v=YAfHigPsC_s
Thank you Veeky Forums my sides are in orbit.

>and when the war was over, I joined the Ku Klux Klan
>and for this glorious Union, I still don't give a damn
>I love to see a darkie a-hangin' from a tree
>but if it were a yankee, it's all the same to me

>tfw you can't take up your musket and fight 'em now no more

850,000 Americans died. There was no need for any of it.

>southerners
>you guys are americans just like us :^)
take your imperialism and blow it out your ass unionist

The confederates were the ones who tried to secede, all those guys dying was on them, faggot.

The Yankees were the ones who invaded, user.

The blood is on Lincoln's hands.

Nah it was war that is rather justified from geopolitical perspective. It's no one's "fault" a weaker part of a country try to secede and was unable to find strong international backers and thus failed.

how was it justified?

A region of a nation attempted to remove itself from central government this action can pretty much only lead to conflict it has been true throughout the whole history of humanity. So only extremly naive people could expect to secede and not face conflict. Certainly the southerners of the time expected and prepared for war even if they would much rather not fight it.

The North didnt secede, the North didnt fire on confederate soldiers first

No one in the North even gave a shit about Secession until after Sumter desu.

You can't call it an invasion if you fire on a sovereign nation and they bitch slap your ass. Even if you argue the South was independent you can't argue that the North didn't have a right to invade after the South savagely attacked them.

Talk shit get hit.

The fuck were they supposed to do, let the US keep an armed fort on Southern soil?

South Carolina had no choice, and the Northern states were never going to allow the South to free itself from the Union without a fight. It's only a historical convenience that the South Carolinians fired the first shots.

Honestly i agree with you but you act like niggers

I hate southern apologists and i am a southerner.

The civil war was about the right for states to own slaves, Lincoln was infringing on it and we had every right to defend it.

The original idea of the United States was for each state to be it's own vision and ours included slaves. I believe that escaped slaves in northern states should've retained their freedom but Lincoln had no right to free the slaves in the south.

Yeah. Southerners as a distinct cultural or ethnic group are going to get nowhere until we clean our act up and start having serious conversations about these things.

Did Lincoln actually want to take away the southern states slaves? Admittedly I'm not particularly well versed on the civil war but I was under the impression that it was due to Lincoln attempting to ban slavery in New states from the expansion westward

It was less Lincoln himself and more the Republicans in general.

The Southern fear at the time was "The northerners have more population than us and more money than us. Lincoln was elected without winning any Southern states. Now they can destroy our economy, culture, and way of life without needing our votes to do it"

Lincoln didnt declare southern slaves free until the war had already started

USA is the embodiment of hypocrisy

didn't they betray their homeland England for "muh freedom" but others are not allowed their freedom? classic backstabber logic

t. yuro confedaboo who only gives a shit about muh folk songs and muh stars n bars

you're the same thing as those bostonites demanding that britain end irish oppression desu

>we got some good hits in though!

The whiny yelp of a sore loser.

>start the war
>complain about being invaded

justify this

its true and im not even ashamed
free the south and let them re enact slavery fucking yankee

'no'

Justify being a Yankee butthurt faggot

>t. Ivan Vodkakovich

Northener Opponion
First off the civil war wasn't a war oveterans the rights of slavery it was a war over the right of a state to leave the union. Yes the south left because of the perceived threats to the instruction of slavery.

Anyone who advocates for the Confederacy advocates for the secession that most Southerners despised until the late 1850s radical secessionists came to power, and they also advocate for the founding a country based on slavery because of the fear, and fear alone, that slavery might have maybe one day possibly been abolished. The Civil War set the already backwards Southern economy back by a century or two, spawned the racial tensions still with us today (and being abused too t b h), and killed or wounded millions of Americans.

Secession was a mistake.

t. butthurt Virginian

I think if they knew sentiment would last this long the Radical Republicans would have tried harder to bypass Andrew Johnson and force dixie to be even more civilized and like the north.

Hello Veeky Forums, I've got a problem and I reckon you all could help me.

I'm trying to make my way to the sea for a nice afternoon on the beach, but some rednecks left the entire state of Georgia blocking my way.

What should I do?

Burn it down uncle billy.

Burn it all down.

>300,000 Yankees is stiff in Southern cunt

Fixed that for ya Reb.

kek

>The fuck were they supposed to do, let the US keep an armed fort on Southern soil?
It's not southern soil, for the last fucking time, and it hadn't been since 1836, when the Congress of the State of South Carolina handed over the land for Fort Sumter to the United States Federal Government.
> "Resolved, That this state do cede to the United States, all the right, title and claim of South Carolina to the site of Fort Sumter and the requisite quantity of adjacent territory,
> "Also resolved: That the State shall extinguish the claim, if any valid claim there be, of any individuals under the authority of this State, to the land hereby ceded.

If, as the South argued, the southern states were always sovereign states held under the compact of the constitution legally allowed to depart, then the treaty between South Carolina and the government of the United States remained valid, and Fort Sumter belonged to the Federal Government of the United States on December 20th, 1860, not South Carolina or the new Confederate States of America to which ti claimed to belong. As such, Fort Sumter was never Confederate soil, as it had not been part of South Carolina for well over two decades.

>Leave the Union
>Immediately call backsies and start shelling a fort built completely with federal funds on a piece of federal land your own legislature personally decided to hand over to the federal government
Talk shit, get hit. Even if South Carolina was justified in leaving the union, it was still unjustified in reneging on its own state law and then invading the territory of another sovereign nation.

>tfw born and raised in northern virginia
>not southern culturally and don't give a fuck about the confederacy
>also not really northern either
>can't really pick a side
Why couldn't I have been born 100 miles north or south?

I agree but it really was an excuse

either you agree with enslaving humans brought against their will from another continent, or you don't.

>the civil war was just about slavery
I side with the north, but you're retarded

gooooooooddddddd, I know it was more than just about slavery, I've studied much on the subject.

why do you jump to such conclusions?

You're right, it was about the Southerners right to secede because they wanted slaves.

Well, slavery was definitely the predominant cause. You can't argue with Mississippi's
>Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world.

There were a lot of other issues, but they all ultimately tie right back to slavery in some way.
>We want to exercise our right to leave the Union (Because slavery might be abolished)
>We may be outvoted in the House of Representatives (thus increasing the possibility slavery is abolished)
>Our economic system (which is dependent on slavery) is hurt by tarriff wars determined by federal policy.
>Our way of life (which is enabled by slave labor)
The only difference is that pro-Southerners today argue that the fight to preserve slavery is the symptom of (and thus secondary to) these underlying issues, while pro-Northerners argue that the seccessionist positions on these underlying issues were all defined by (and thus secondary to) its position regarding the institution of slavery.

It's not the Union's fault you rebs would rather secede and start a war than pay for labor.

Why do you need to pick a side in a war that ended 150 years ago?

good answer

Why would the Yankees be butthurt considering they won?

The past isn't dead. It isn't even past.

Because they won niggers

>We won.
There is no victory in brothers killing brothers, user.

There's victory in preserving the Union. The south would have felt the same way about gaining their independence had they won.

There is no victory in brothers killing brothers, for any reason, user.

Protecting and ensuring the freedom of brothers under enslavement?

There is no victory in brothers killing brothers, user. I can't make myself clear enough on this subject. There is a reason why the Civil War is seen as the most tragic event in American history.

muh brothers

The union will fall apart in our lifetime so I'm content.

Fucked up Wojack's neck there Jed.

Also,
>Not including the 3 states that held delegates in the confederate congress.

>They died of southern fever and southern shot and shell
>southern fever
>Southerners are actually proud of being disease ridden

>It's not southern soil, for the last fucking time, and it hadn't been since 1836, when the Congress of the State of South Carolina handed over the land for Fort Sumter to the United States Federal Government.
Additionally, the fort was LITERALLY on Massachusetts Clay.

>no bath pond water drinkers calling anyone else disease ridden
It's typhoid. You get it by drinking or bathing in swamp water. The simple fact that Southerners don't get typhoid is evidence that we aren't the disease ridden ones. Perhaps if you yankees knew better than to drink out of the swamps or practiced bathing you wouldn't have gotten the fever.

>refuse to vacate a new sovereign nation like a bunch of niggers
>get your illegal bases shot at
>"THOSE EVIL SOUTHERNERS ATTACKING AMERICA"

>Southerners still get mad at Based Sherman

If anything, they should laud his clemency.

A lesser man would have razed their fields; sown them with salt and thistle, and crucified their sons.

reconstruction was essentially aimed at culturally genociding southerners and disenfranchising them politically.

I also wondered why there wasn't a bigger pushback and maybe even a civil war II in response to reconstruction.

>what is the KKK
>what is the destruction of the Freedmen's bureau and their bank by Southerners
>what is the complete unrecognizable failure that was Reconstruction
Southerners did fight against it and fought very hard against it. The whole reason it was brought to an end, and admitted as a failure, was because Southerners were on the verge of taking up arms again in bigger numbers than some hooded rascals on horseback.

was actually due to certain mosquito types, southerners had been tempered by selection and immunity see source:

“An expeditionary force of 15,000 [Union troops] landed at Roanoke Island in early 1862 and spent much of the war enforcing a naval blockade from a fort on the coastline. The air at dusk shimmered with Anopheles quadrimaculatus. Between the summer of 1863 and the summer of 1864 the official annual infection rate for intermittent fevers [malaria] was 233 percent — the average soldier was felled two times or more.”

— From “1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created” by Charles C. Mann (2011)

Is that a Chi Rho?

I know of isolated, localized instances of violent pushback like the hamburg massacre, but overall Southerners did little to assert their collective power.

reconstruction was a failure, but the soft reconstruction that followed it has resulted in the near 100% yankeeization of the south

>you
>we

>I also wondered why there wasn't a bigger pushback and maybe even a civil war II in response to reconstruction.

most of the fighting men were dead or wounded

besides, that was the entire reason the KKK came into existence.