Eve Online General - /eog/

Best Militia Edition

old thread permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/ser9Acpg (embed)

>Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: drilling platforms
>Oct 28: Eve Vegas
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Fall: industrial arrays, barge visuals, AOE BOOST/LINK REWORK, Rorqual rework
>Summer: citadel iterations (contracts!)

Past:
>Jul 26: AT prizes: covops cruor and covops armor logi ashimmu
>Jul 23: Goons moving to Delve, SMA alliance closes
>Jul 19: Broski enters QFC, Rote super salty
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT 14 rule changes: 10 players, no cap-transfer, no jumpdessies, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event begins (shittiest one of the 3 so far), serpentis capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, tactical overlay vectors, new implants, legalized drugs, mild NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion give ECM immunity, mass fitting tool
>Jun 23: RIP sp dailies
>May 31: RIP old camera, new multi-use analyzers introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 12: Name ships automatically with a saved fit name
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Apr 21: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/
>Mar 09: Massive mod tiercides that broke a lot of fits.
>Feb 09: SP trading
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM
youtube.com/watch?v=i_wm9ZOCa-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

blops are shit 2 be h

psa: 15% plex deals are live through the weekend, go to account managment to see them
what a surprise, just as PLEX passed 1b

stop shifting the goalposts op

>actually I can neut with the heavies for up to 5
Confirmed for never having used a jump drive in his life
Don't talk about ships you can't fly or afford

What did they mean by this?

no u

x hard tackle

>average amarr tackle frigate
>2066m/s

how they ship minmatar slaves

goalposts-kun are we done?

shield sin

please post Scythe fits

is that a meme ship

post Sabre fits as well

>star citizen

also post Merlin fits please

are Hornets good drones?

ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

We know Eve will never looks this good. or have multi-crew ships.

is star citizen a real game

This the only way to do a real sin

It tanks so.much harder and let's your lows be drone damage amps for massive dps

Gulnar does great shield sins

If your favorite ship from Eve Online was a cute girl, what would she look like?

you tell me

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

>broadcast for armour if you get shot
>it's ok I have a shield booster :^)

Why would a sin broadcast for reps?

so it doesn't die

Which is

Came back from a break.
I don't remember training this skill? I never trained into capitals...

>aoe target painter doomsday

>362'039/2'048'000

>'

I'm a newfag to this game, I bought three months, is that enough to PLEX?

if you want to have no fun for 3 months sure

It's a blops Battleship you don't usually bring remote reps to a blops drop

>dude they're kneeling it MUST be muslims
>definitely not their logo

true in my case as well, but if you fit active meme tanks then you just can't. if you do master race buffer tank then you have the option to

tfw still no capless neuting sin lossmails

>not all muslims

caw

>still no /eog/ cruise raven roam

Corax buffs when?

>Corax

>Want to brawl up close? Use a Talwar or literally any other destroyer apart from Caldari

>Want to kite with lml? Use a Talwar.

>flying Caldari destroyers
>flying Caldari at all

>talwar
>brawl up close

nice joke m8

>>Caldari destroyers

>literally and unironically talking shit about the cormorant

>tfw Eve has one of the best lores out of any MMO out there
>tfw devs don't take advantage of this and make content with way that you can read about lore
>everything is just a fucking grind fest of AFK these rats or AFK this rock god damn I can't take this game anymore

A rocket Talwar is better than rocket Corax and a Thrasher smashes both of them

I'm sure your 25 dps Cormorant sitting at 80km really scares off the kiters

>unironic brawling talwar
>cormorant 25 dps at 80km

>this faggot is allowed to post on this sub

>dude how dare he insult the corm it does 30dps not 25!

154 dps at 95km

n1 m8 you made me open eft

>154dps here please don't warp off before i get your shields down please i spent a lot of time efting this fit pls im useful i swer

>154 dps? that's nothing, my 200 dps rocket talwar is far superior

>literal caldari defenders on this very forum

for what purpose? is it like stockholm syndrome?

>ratting
>mining

fw is better isk than both for less effort tbqhwyf

>fw is better isk than both for less effort tbqhwyf

I don't give a fuck if it's better isk I want content that doesn't fucking revolve around AFKing HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK I DON'T WANT TO PLAY A FUCKING GAME JUST TO AFK AROUND SOME GOD DAMNED FUCKING BULLSHIT. CCP CANNOT FUCKING KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH MAKING TERRIBLE MECHANICS THAT ENCOURAGE AFKABILITY

pic related im just about done

o7 dror m8

ps pls stop posting

but its less afk (unless you want to die) and better lore you even get to roleplay being caldari!

getting smashed and having nobody want to fly your ships just like the rest of the game

oh my god i fucking hate this game all i can do is afk mine or kill rats holy shit why do people even play this game wooooooooooow unsubbing right fucking now

stop trying to satarize my argument faggot. I dare anyone of you to say that content is good in this game. At best it's fucking mediocre. Everything boils down to afking like a fucking cuck because you had a shred of hope this game will get better and you don't want it to die by unsubbing.

no you're a cuck

>I only do the most mind numbing activities possible because despite there being more active ways to make money and have fun I choose to do them instead and this is definitely the fault of the devs

holy fuck ive been sitting on this belt for 2 hours and no rats have spawned holy fuck why is ccp so bad at designing gaems? just yesterday i was sitting on a gate and no one came through for me to camp, why the fuck is this game dying? why is no one coming for me to kill. jessu christie is ccp even trying

>despite there being more active ways
name them faggot

yeah I thought so.

>fw
>incursions
>exploration
>lowsec level 5s
>nullsec npc missions

are you a legit retard or is this how you think trolling is done?

>dror calling someone a cuck

>hurr durr AFK
How about not listening to the isk/hr retards who are minmaxing even their pissbottle change intervals. You can actively play fucking anything.

That's not an argument. How are those not active? Go AFK in any of them and you die or get left behind then die.

do we know if they ever have high res space backgrounds and shit, textures in the works for anytime in the future? oled and 4k is coming pretty fast, and eve is fucking perfect for this. but right now, you look at a lot of space on even a 1080 monitor, and it's covered in banding.

don't forget wormhole anoms, which require hole control at the very least, and good piloting / cap management as well for spooky stuff like t3ds running c3s or rattles running c5s.

>inb4 it's ratting, it's afk
want to know how i know you've never dualboxed rattles in c5 anoms? and you asked for "more active ways" and this is certainly more active than afk orbiting in an ishtar in null. it might not be interesting, but it's certainly less afk and more money.

or consider doing something LESS active, like skill farming, pi, or trading, so you make your money in the background while your attention is occupied with something MORE active like hunting niggers.

>oled

dude stop you're breaking his eve is all afk grinding narrative

what?

>going afk to take a shit while gas mining in busy hostile space

most exciting shit I ever took

so let me get this straight, the activities are so mind numbing that you'd have to be an idiot to seat there staring at a computer literally pressing F1 every minute or so.

BUT the fact that you are in hostile space means you cannot go AFK so you have to stay there and torture yourself AFKing infront of a screen or you risk destruction.

do you NOT realize the quagmire at hand here?

give an example of what you consider an engaging, non-afk activity from any non-eve game

(bonus points: do it without using the term "intrinsic")

because it sounds to me like your assement of "x is a bad mechanic because I wouldn't do it unless I was forced to in order to achieve some later goal in the game" can be applied to every video game activity ever, and is supremely subjective and dependent on what you find fun.

for instance, some people hate farming in dota and only want to teamfight, and other people would just sit and farm all day if they could (and even load up farming maps to do exactly this) - but every dota player farms to some extent because you have to in order to play the rest of the game. The people who don't like doing this play one of the many mods or they go play HotS or Smite.

fuck me for responding to bait

>still taking the bait
C'mon, user.

is it tho?

take aRPGs like Diablo and PoE. Objectively mind numbing mechanics because you are just spamming left click, yet they manage to make it entertaining.

they're only entertaining if you have aspergers

So what determines what key your weapons get assigned to when you group them? Mine are currently being assigned to F4 upon being grouped, while I'd rather it be F1, which has happened before, though I'm not sure how I did it.

probably stacks them on the same slot as the left-most one in the fitting screen

I don't think so. I currently have 8 of the same weapon on my destroyer and they're being grouped to F4.

Nigga you can drag the stacks around you faggot.

Wow, never knew that. Thanks.

So... To activate low and mid slot, did you click or use alt+F keys and stuff?

Alt+function keys. Just never occurred to me to try dragging them. Assumed they were just hard binded to whatever key they got auto-assigned to whenever you hit "Group all weapons."

i play on a laptop and need to use the Fn modifier for those hotkeys and that's too many buttons when you start adding in shift and alt modifiers, so i usually click them.

You can drag the low and mids into highs too, but yeah.

Yeah but user didn't know about dragging, was safe to assume he didn't know you could drag from low to high either.

>not having mods stacked into cool formations

>exploration drake

what the FUCK

>implying a drake has that dronebay

>drake
>drones
>rlml
>DDA
user pls

>2016
>drake

Corms can do like 125 at 90k.

Corm is so OP. The fuck is this range with frigates being stuck under 12k?

Not every criticism of the game comes from a single IP. Git gud?

>not fighting manticores with a venture
youtube.com/watch?v=i_wm9ZOCa-I

Yes, 90+ km is prefered engagement range with destroyers. Surely everyone will wait for you to kill him and warp away.

>Not every criticism of the game comes from a single IP. Git gud?

r u kevin? can u see a post's IP?

I was told 4choons is anonymoos what is this shit

Did anyone say Jamyl?

it actually is shitter, since they get absolutely facefucked by everything in the game

the only reason cormorants have this meme status is because there's some fleets they can outrange. if you bring a

To be fair, your holding your direction and turning your character in WoW while on a pretty specific "rotation" of priorities and proc'ing abilities. It's about positioning for some classes, CC'ing mobs, and all of this comes from multiple hotbars of abilities. EVE is a probably a grouped set of turrets on a single keybind, maybe with some drones. It's "inherently" less active because it's not a class based fantasy game where attacks are really any different from any other, except range. You're not phasing in and out of stealth like a Rogue. It's not managing resources up and down, utilizing combos.

Making a point?