Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

What skills do I need as a based-mace in-your-face hornbro?

Anybody used save edit to make legitimate charms?

NOT Horn Maestro

I want to BE Meowstress!

Link previous threads, please and thank you.

i want to swim with lagiacrus!!!!!!

Same as hammer, but with Maestro added in. Just go for big raw damage.

Well you can't!

You'll never be this cute!

No, people here are not cheating scum.

/mhg/ does not edit save files
/mhg/ does not hack in charms
/mhg/ does not move into the next rank without completely finishing the one they're in and getting the checkmark
/mhg/ does not minmax 100% but rather tries to find a way to make good fashion usable
/mhg/ knows moga guild sweetheart is the one true girl but the meowstress is kinda cute too

>no keywords
>not linking previous thread

C'mon user, you had ONE JOB.

pedo

1 spot

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Wanting to be a cute little girl means I want to fuck a child?
user please

>tfw no armored gauntlet fist weapon
>tfw can't punch monsters in the face to KO them
>tfw no flurry of punches style HA to ATATATATATA or ORAORAORAORA with
>tfw no kenshiro or star platinum dlc costume

>not editing your charms

>Wanting to be a cute little girl means I want to fuck a child?
>user please

you know you're bullshitting pedo

Haven't seen an OP and starting thread this shit in awhile.

give a retard proof guide how charm runs work?
why no eating?

How many here replaced their c-nub with a psp stick?

>tfw no cancerous jojo references

All I want to do is be cute, and meowstress is cute. Is that a problem?

I can't wear dresses and look cute with this current body ;-;

read the OP

how to do that? is there a guide?

I can turn you into the meowstress, I possess the power to make it come true

The "downside" if you will.. is you would then have to be my gf forever

Get ready for some big, wet, adult kisses, user.

reminder you are a shitter if you use any of the following skills/styles:
ADEPT
evasion + anything
defense up
KO king
blunt
defense up
eating for moxie
speed sharpening
mycology

>reading OP
>ever

i dont see any info on charm runs in faq

yea.
get a9lh master race
google mhgen/x talisman editor
open save file
edit talisman
profit

There's a guide in the pastebin about how it works. As to why no eating... this new method you make 12 different deliveries of coal, that triggers the maximum amounts of rewards at the final screen.

The old method involved eating for Felyne Explorer and mining the blue nodes for Timeworn Charms, but that takes about 1 minute extra to do. If everything goes right in the new method, you can do it in about 1 minute, so doubling the time to deliver the coals just to get 1~3 extra charms from the secret area isn't optimal (and this run is all about minmaxing time).

where is this meme from?
I'm new

LR room up, let's clear all the shitty quests nobody likes.
23-4505-9787-5259

>FAQ

It's in the pastebin though.

You don't need a9lh to edit save. Hell you don't even need CFW. You can run JKSM with only homebrew.

b-but im an a9lh warrior. yea that works too. whoever that guy is just go to /hbg/ to get homebrew. 11.0 3ds can get menuhax now. do it fast before shitendo make a patch

>Have to use my Mizutsune Plate for either upgrading Mizutsune LBG or Cirrus Blaster (HBG)

Help

Is the LBG the only/primary one used for Water Pierce S2? If so do that one. The HBG has plenty of other choices.

You don't actually want Frontier, trust me.

I played frontier but never got far enough for tonfa
Sad

>HR6 urgents are a Mizu and Gammoth

Kinda lame to be honest, at this point you fought them so often that everything else would've been more fun

>b-but im an a9lh warrior
Does it trigger you if I say I'm still using rxtools+mset.

>rxtools
>mset
get out of your cave

Variants monsters are ok. But hyper ones are absolute garbage.

I followed the /hbg/ copypasta oothax, I was surprised how easy it was.

I mean I had to get a custom battery and follow like 30 steps to mod my PSP, at some risk of bricking.

why are jojo fans such cancerous faggots

The quest design in this game is lazy as shit. They very clearly put little thought into what you need to fight and how.

>Does it trigger you if I say I'm still using rxtools+mset.
Not him but I do too.
The day Nintendo forces me to stop using this combo is the day I'll switch to something else, this underpowered Monster Hunter-machine isn't worth screwing around with for even a second more than necessary.

editing legit talismans is fine for me. but never ever edit mats. 20+ hours for farming a fast charge +5 is making me salty

OFFICIAL BIG WET ADULT KISS LIST v0.4c

Meowstress
Moga Sweetheart
Yukumo Chief
Little Miss Forge
Tanzia Sweetheart
Purr-priestress
Blanche
All the moofahs
Gourmew Chef
Chameleos
Jam
Lagiacrus
Gigginox
Khezu

Mainly using LS this time around. I assume that the deviant or flagship weapons are the preferred end game weapons for each element, yeah? And I'm assuming that mixed sets are still superior, but in terms of full sets does LS benefit more from Hellblade or Dreadking armor?

Yeah but unfortunately Capcom are fucking braindamaged so you can't even work towards the best HBGs until you reach HR7, and Mizutsune can shoot Pierce 2 without needing Recoil Reduction.

I fucking hate this ongoing trend of not even being able to work towards the best weapons until endgame. Why the fuck not just make the Daora HBG for example start the upgrade tree on fucking Low Rank? There's a fucking Daora on low rank after all.

>They very clearly put little thought into what you need to fight and how.

They put little thought into most things in this entire franchise.
Probably a mixture of being terrified of ruining their cash cow with the wrong changes and part simply having no idea what they are doing.

>speed sharpening
>mycology
There's literally nothing wrong with these two 5 slot skills.

>that one guy you always seem to end up hunting with

How the fuck do I get Narja horn to show up on my crafting list. I have nearly all the mats required for it I think?

40-6004-0228-8876
Anything (MHGen)

>LS
>Element

What the fuck do you mean "this time around"? Element has always been shit on LS, you just use either some fucking raw shit or Hellblade Glavenus which is literally the best shit for every weapon type except... except... Gunner weapons anyways.

Three... fingers?

>Meowstress 1st
Trash list. Try again later.

Same time zones. Probably.

I was always told to use the best LS I have with the appropriate element for each monster I hunt. Guess I've been doing it wrong for the past several games.

I'm also curious about whether I should pursue Dreadking or Hellblade though.

Hellblade weapon with the same Silver Sol mixed set as everyone else.

26-7706-0758-5434

High Rank Turns

2 slots

>Blanche
>Jam

dropped

>twice or thrice
>often

Well whoever told you that told you what they thought was right, and if series made any fucking sense whatsoever he would be right and it would be best to bring the best element to the fight against a monster but capcom is full of shit so element and basically 90% of weapons are useless

monhun needs more cool moderately-sized dinosaurs
like, a great jaggi-sized monster that's as dangerous as a dragon or brute wyvern without just being a great jaggi with 10x the HP and damage would be cool

Is that the piercing and Silver Sol with the Viking belt? I'll keep it in mind, but I'd still like to upgrade either Hellblade or Dreadking, and I don't know which is preferred.

i feel like we're walking a tightrope with capcom

was the mh formula just a happy accident?

each game there's some new ridiculous motion value or abusable mechanic, more character action gameplay, the same few weapon series are viable

00-2835-4428-3065

Let's clear High Rank 6

All key quests in a row

what the fuck IS she bros

shitter detected. on the blacklist you go

Can we start this meme again?
Post monster hunter in real life done with paint

>you will never kiss Little Miss Forge's sweaty loli belly.
why live

>was MH formula just a happy accident?

Look at how the elemental weapons formula has (not) changed over the course of 10+ games and you should know the answer

I'm really just hoping for a straight up Monster Hunter rip off with actual thought put into balance and damage types.

And no Toukiden is not that game. Toukiden blows fucking dick and has that stupid float midair combo shit. It's more DMC than anything else

>key rushers

please kill yourself kys

QUICK MHG I NEED YOUR HELP

how do I play this game with maximum EXPLOSIONS

FUN optional but encouraged

so far I've just been using swords and bows and shit but why do that when I could be blowing monsters the FUCK UP

I've never touched a gunlance or bowgun in my life and BARELY understand how they work but so far my thoughts were

a Gunlance with one of those shottypes that enables constant Shell spam. That's a thing right? Or that "Full Burst" thing Ive heard about

or a bowgun that rapid fires/siege fires those explosive rounds

if worst comes to worse I'll just make a plesioth SNS and carry ingredients for like 30 LBB+ on every hunt

How do I most effectively and FUN-ly do I blow monsters up in Generations /mhg/

RIP in pieces, dude.

HR room / 2 slots

23-5193-1731-9685

Anyone feel like helping far a few HR Hermitaurs?

blast element? make a dios sns

If you want actual explosions that are meaningful (aka not just blast element) then you want either rapid LBG with crag and clust or using a gunlance. Note that explosions are frowned upon in online if used improperly.

honestly, gunlance if you can enjoy it

i like wide shot for these meaty bursts

>kys

I've seen that a few time now, is someone trying to force a new meme? What the heck does it even mean

You say it like "kiss" like at the end of a letter

Is it impossible to get rare scarabs in 4* quests?

1 slot

Wide gunlance is for charged shell spam
Full burst is for normal gunlances

Crag and clust shots both explode but they have a lot of recoil on hbgs (which can be reduced) and lbgs have long wait times on them (which can't be reduced)

Japanese games have excellent core gameplay and a sense of style rarely found elsewhere in the industry, only for the developers to ruin them with some of the most idiotic decisions you'll ever see.

In Monster Hunter's case we need some kind of competition that can force Capcom to try for once

he wants to give your corpse a big, wet adult kiss

>Najarala Sounder
This piece of shit dies too fast for me to break its tail.
Fuck.

If Megaman's any indicator, actual competition with Ticket Hunter would just result in them dropping the franchise.

It's what friends say to one another, to show there's no hard feelings.

kys

How the fuck do I get Danger Call(horn)? I have all of the mats but that shit isn't showing up on my crafting list at all.

Loving term of endearment in /mhg/
You say it like 'kees'

adrenaline+2
maestro
evade+(or adept)
whatever other damage you can squeeze in
absolute readiness art (unless Steve horn)