/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Team Marie has won the 16th and final Splatfest!
- As of the newest update, you will now receive 1000 bonus points for winning a Turf War match, up from 300! In addition, after 30 wins, Judd will give you a Super Sea Snail if you talk to him!
- Watch the Squid Sisters' latest live performance at Japan Expo here! youtube.com/watch?v=rt5cnCywVrI
- The Squid Sisters' new album, Live in Makuhari, has been released! See the tracklist here: nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-live-in-makuhari-cd-full-tracklist/

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UV6PQmSddcI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw best squid sister in op never
stay salty calliefags

wemmy

This is a Marie thread

you're the one who's always complaining

Friends with Octolings!

Nobody likes Octolings except you

this tbqfh

>60's kids book style woomy
That's qt as fuck

this

I want to licky licky Callie's sticky!

Holy shit this. My neck is sore from agreeing so much.

Why the hell didn't they switch Octoshot to Wasabi's loadout when first Sheldon's Picks rolled out? It's pretty much exactly what Octarians use, splat bombs and inkstrikes.

>once all of /ink/ was on hands and knees hoping for playable octolings
>now everybody hates them
what happened
how is neo-/ink/ so gay

nobody who isn't a transwhale pretending to be a dolphin wanted playable octolings you illiterate nigger

>you will never taste callie's funhole
why even live
nope, it was still just about 2 guys back then

>going against based woomies and Squid Sisters
I think we know who the real shitter here is.

Threadly reminder to always stay on topic and actually talk about the game and not just about soulless waifus you love so much

They realised that simply adding playable octolings is shallow. Octos have that kind of mysterious aura about them, and if they add them just as a third gender option, it'll demystify them by making them common (because let's face it, they'll quickly outpopulate male inklings). Adding them as a PVE element is even worse. An octoling singleplayer may be fun if they dig deeper into lore, though.

Son, they're even less iconic than the standard Octotrooper. There is little to no reason for them to do anything with them.

Which of her funholes though?

it's not that deep senpai
people liked octolings but started to hate them once octofags started spamming shit every single thread

Nobody ""liked"" Octolings, they just liked their midriffs. Everything else about them, from their hair to their eyes to their teeth, is completely trash.

just like how people liked squid sisters and then hated them once the thread became only about them.

>751st post
nice one

Wow, this artist is almost as good as robysnake!

Thanks

good one

Is anybody from /ink/ attending North America's most prestigious Splatoon LAN, SQUIDSTORM?

>implying you could ever get me to visit the shithole that is Chicago.

i have to go down to chicago this december
is it really that shitty

I want to be able to wear a Slosher as a hat.

>young spaghetti claiming the nearby area in the name of the fuhror, the untermensch children terrified of the immense arsenal he's carrying to cleanse the area of inferiority

Aww.

Marie's a bad liar, she always wanted to win, and there is no ice cream for losers

Where the fuck are their noses?

Poor thing. Nevermind the wins, knowing that as a matter of census that you're not as popular despite your best efforts, even if by only a small margin, can't be a very nice feeling.

cute, but where'd you get this from?
first time it's been posted on Veeky Forums according to fireden
user, the squid sisters love each other
i don't think callie would care too much, honestly
if she's anything like other nice people i know, her goal isn't popularity, but simply to bring a smile to people's faces
and if she did for 46% of people, well, i'm sure she'd be ecstatic
i'm happy to cause even one

So with the SquidSisters broken up, do you think Marie would keep Callie around as a punching bag? maybe loan her out during splatfests as a carnival attraction? like 1000 coin dunk tank, or a moving target for a inkturret minigame?

mariefags are fucked up
>inb4 muh gloating

how can calliefags still be so butt blasted about canon?

It still wouldn't leave you very motivated to know that even though you try your best to stay optimistic and make people happy, you aren't as liked as your cousin. Especially since she doesn't even try to make people like her. Whether that bothers you or not.

I'd like to be Marie's punching bag...

I used to main it, but it got boring. it sucks that most other weapons aren't as versatile. the game kind of punishes you for trying to use any other weapon... until you git gud with that weapon, I guess.

>So with the SquidSisters broken up
You fags don't even play the game do you?

But it's canon that they're the best of besties.

artist is sallymon, @Enecoobot on twitter, enecoo on tumblr.

Assuming you mean the Tentatek.
Versatility just means it's strong in a lot of situations, but not that it's overpowered. If I'm honest I'd rather it have something other than Suction Bombs, such as Beakons or Point Sensors. Suction Bombs just eat up too much ink.
If anything a much more versatile, and much more overpowered weapon would be the Carbon Roller. Literally lethal at any distance.

callie is always a cheerful girl. i doubt her mood would be extensively hampered by the fact that she's slightly less popular than her cousin loves her very much.
besides, it's not as if results mean total love. all of that 46% could have an undying adulation for callie, while the rest are all just fans who are "meh" on the squid sisters and chose marie because they thought she told a few funny jokes.
not saying that's the case, but there are a lot of possibilities. i don't think callie would lose motivation when it's something so minor and so unknown, especially when she's got her cousin and grandpa to support her the whole way through.

being strong in most situations is kind of an issue when the game revolves around a stage rotation, which is put in place to prevent people from using the same weapons over and over...

I know I know, I'm not saying she'd be upset about it. It would just be a demotivational thought to dwell on. Nobody likes being second best.

>much more overpowered weapon would be the Carbon Roller

They're our long lost drawanon!

I wish they'd come back ;_;

>The Carbon Roller isn't overpowered
eat a cock, bum

so it was really him, I asked but he never answered.

always wanted to try onigiri
oh, i always wondered where they'd gone!
well, that's one vanishing drawfriend down

Callie can't function on her own, the squidsisters was the only thing she was good at, now that she fucked up, learned she wasn't even popular in squidsisters and got herself kicked out, there is nothing for her, the splatfest revealed she can't continue as an idol because she lost the few fans she did have, she's too clumsy to work anywhere as revealed by Marie's comment on her breaking everything she touches

she's better off face down in a ditch

>she lost the few fans she did have
I WILL NEVER LEAVE CALLIE

he's kinda right, though. anyone can do well with that weapon. you're really good at the game? use carbon and win! really bad? use carbon! it's piss fucking easy, but it isn't limited by anything (jr is limited by it accuracy for example)

I hear a bunch of them made their own discord headed by babthud

Nah that's just a myth.

that's just an urban myth
babthud stopped coming to Veeky Forums over a year ago

fancy vs costume was a lovely splatfest. so much good art made, especially of fancy dress callie.
imagine being so hateful you feel the need to write things like this out
that guy's just a shitposter user
i don't think anyone actually ever believed in that discord nonsense

>muh fun ;__;

kill yon self

This is what the average Splatoon player looks like

i dont like octolings

i LOVE octolings!

what the fuck
this manly ass big ass sexy mother fucker draws the most pleasant, cute shit you'll ever see. he's living the dream.

I'm doing it wrong
we're all doing it WRONG

what terrible taste in heroes, glad he's gone

not much to say here, other than
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

but above all else, besides wins or losses, just remember...
squid sisters forever!

They're easily my favorite Nintendo characters, no question.

the same for me. from all the design documents, it's obvious that the splatoon team put so much time and thought into the design of these two cousins.
i think it paid off.

the fucking noses

Noses are overrated.

who cares

The fact that we're able to argue and gossip for so long about every little aspect of them proves how effective they are as characters, and symbols of the game.
Everything about them is perfect; their designs, their contrasting personalities, their songs, their lore, their backstories; it all adds up. The sole icing on the cake for me is that it's revealed not only are they your average pretty pop stars, but are also dedicated warriors behind the scenes. That serves to make them so much stronger and interesting.
If Nintendo does make a new game and decides to sideline or replace them, they'd have to be out of their fucking minds.

>but are also dedicated warriors behind the scenes.
what?
am I missing something?

Oh, didn't you know? Callie and Marie are secretly Agent -1 and Agent 2 and a half.

he's making shit up again. it's just his (objectively SHIT and WRONG) headcannon

haha epbik funny joke haha MEEM xD!!

little mrie

I want to have cute with Marie

either those markers are gigantic or this artist is DAMN FINE at coloring

>those microscopic white dots
how
how
how

youtube.com/watch?v=UV6PQmSddcI
>Years late meme
>More than a dozen pieces of stolen uncredited artwork
>Description is instead filled with shameless advertising
Hum.

>87 posts
>14 unique posters

What a pleasant pile of cancer.

So there are twice as many people in this thread as the discord? Shocking

>and they aren't even talking about the game

sad to see /ink/ fall so far

What kind of relationship do the Squid Sisters have with their grandfather?
On one hand, they seem very worried for him when he gets kidnapped. They do everything in their power to get him back, and seem very concerned for him.
>Don't you ever worry your granddaughters like that again!
>Agent 3! Take care of Gramps for us, 'kay?
On the other hand, they don't seem to prioritize him over their celebrity lives. When you replay against Octavio, they don't seem very sorry about missing Squidmas, which may or may not be an extremely significant cultural holiday in the squid universe.
>Hey, um, Gramps? I don't think I can make Squidmas this year.
>Yeah, we're filming our holiday special on Squidmas morning!
They also don't seem to maintain deep contact with him...
>I think he's just lonely. We should probably give him a call soon.
>But Gramps doesn't have a phone. We'll have to send a telegraph.
...Or feel above belittling him, even if it's at his appreciation.
>Cuttlefish: Turn it up! It's the SQUID SISTERS!!
>So embarrassing...
>Do we have to take away your crabby cakes, Gramps?
I feel bad for the guy. He really tries his hardest with his two granddaughters but they don't show a lot of affection for him.
Maybe it's more toned down in the JP/EU versions? Any EU players care to give testimony? Or any players period their thoughts on the whole thing?

this is some advanced shitposting

hey that's my phrase
just seems like a normal teenager/father relation. I was the same way

Not shitposting, I just love the idea that the Squid Sisters are still very affectionate and loving towards their grandfather.

I guess. They don't seem to be exactly teenagers, though - by now, they should have reached the emotional maturity to realize how much they owe their grandpappy.

>hey this is a fun rotation
>endless perfect e-litres stop every advance in under a second

holy lord! a post about the game! that may be the 1st out of 97!

Holy lord! A post completely unrelated to the game! That may be the 96th out of 97!