/rlg/ - Roguelike General

All news are old news edition

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous thread:

1st for we need named pyromancer, aeromancers, and summoners in crawl.

2nd for Demon

third for demon

Oh shit nigga those needles.
>no vigorous though
For why?

gotta stack dem status effects
Also bloodlust gives 5 SP if she hits, vigorous gives a bonus 2.5 SP per turn.
Ferret said somewhere that base accuracy is 85% for most attacks, and her high agility gives like a +20% accuracy bonus against same level targets, so she should be hitting much more often than not with her shots, giving her >2.5 SP each turn on average, which is better than vigorous

How much SP is poison needle?

20 SP
So 5 SP from bloodlust + 5 SP from regen gives an effective cost of 10 SP per turn, or roughly 10 shots before she's empty. Needle shot is only 15 SP and would have an effective cost of 5 SP per turn or 20 shots, but muh 50% poison chance

>get dropped from dlevel 7 all the way to 10
>dcssfags will defend this
Some perma invis thing with hyperspeed that can climb up stairs kept following me all the way to my death.

Thats unseen horror

We kill aeromancer and summoner in wizlabs.

wizlabs are cool as fuck. They should be a proper branch with like 3 floors accessed from vaults or something. The wizard would be random each game.

I won't defend it. It can be exciting to fight your way back up after getting shafted, but I don't think it's necessary to have shafts when shit tons of very difficult out of depth monsters spawn constantly

But they don't have proper names or spells named after them. All the other schools of magic have at least 1 spell named after a famous wizard but those 3 don't.

The only time DCSS is remotely fun is when you don't have an escape path to the up stairs. That was the last challenging thing that would have happened to your character, and it's merciful that it was ended there (where you proved that you don't have the skill to win) rather than being forced to continue playing the game for another 5 hours.

Wucad Mu has a staff named after him

DCSS is a shit game, a product of insane developers and their pet top players circlejerking over retarded bullshit and memes while drinking "muh design philosophy" koolaid.

He's a monk, not a wizard and he still doesn't have any spells named after him.

>tfw i only ever found two wizlabs
>The first closed because autoexplore a shit
>The second i splatted in
>Will never know the joy of phat loot

He's a summoner.

Lol'd.

Was he a summoner or is his statue just have summon shadow creatures because of some great and terrible tragedy that befell him and the monastery?

>Turn 209
>Xom gifts me 930 gold
CK is truly best start

Perhaps the greatest wizards of summoning and aeromancy are so great since modern spellcasters know not even a shadow of their name.

How is /dcssg/ today? Because god knows that we never talk about anything else here.

I had a run where i gotten a potion of experience like 5 steps into the game

>D:4
>xom summons a sun demon on me
>you are now xom's teddy bear
>-1/63 HP

Maybe bitching about that when the OP image is one from PCB is a dumb idea, especially when you have done nothing to start conversation about a not-DCSS roguelike.

The only relevant roguelikes are dcss, nethack and dorf fort anyway, and dcss is the more accessible of the bunch. Of course we're mostly going to talk about dcss.

(you)

Let's do our best this thread, anonymous!

>Xom thinks this is hilarious

>When using a QWERTY keyboard layout, the name "Xom" is simply "Zin," but with all letters mistyped one key to the right.

Deepest lore.

relly maeks u thnk huh

>when using a latin alphabet, the name "HAL" is simply "IBM" with a letter shift toward A

wtf I hate dcss now

how viable is it to do a 3 run escape as a xom fuckboy since the begining ? i hate when he just warps me around the map for shit a giggles and leaves me inside a mob, are formicids inmune to that efect ?

No, Xom's translocations pierce stasis. Usually.

Its doable, depends lot on which race youre playing and bit on how lucky you are, obviously.. But it is doable non the less, there have been people doing 15-rune runs as Ck

>discover that invis enemy is faster than you
>keep running away until it kills you instead of fighting in corridor

you really are a mibe aren't you

Oh and no, god forced movement pierces all sort of immunities

i lost a super cool Hill orc of the storm god to a ghost moth man, those fuckers are scary

>try to fight it
>he gets in, hits me, and gets out of range before I can even try to hit it once
At least try to play the game instead of spouting bullshit all the time.

YOU HAVE FLAME CLOUDS

JUST WALK AWAY FROM IT UNTIL IT DIES

I GOT SURROUNDED BY EVEN MORE GHOST MOTHS AND EMPEROR SCORPIONS MAN I GOT SUPER COCKY BECAUSE THE LAIR WAS A JOKE

WELL DON'T FUCKING DO THAT AGAIN YOU POOR MAN'S MIBE

I DONT WANT TO USE A MI EVER, WHAT IF I WANT TO CAST MEPHITIC CLOUD TO HAVE EVEN MORE CLOUDS TO REANIMATE

how much armor skill do you need to have to cast on a plate amor ?

A lot. Like 15 or something and that's with pretty good spellcasting skill. Armored mages are baller though.

right ? i feel im playing the game wrong as a fighter with semi good rods and getting carried by a gods pasive skill

>how viable is it to do a 3 run escape as a xom
Xom is better than no god for races that can quaff potions.

Xom is also worse than probably every other god except Ru.

Generally the only reason to play CK is for fun, and it is lots of fun.

>rest to heal
>YOU BORE ME, TO THE ABYSS WITH YOU

indeed

Bear in mind, there are ways to manipulate Xom interest to avoid some of his most dangerous effects.

This isn't really relevant on any combo except MuCK, though.

What is the most AOE damage i can do in a single spell (at max power of course) or ability in DCSS?
If it isn't resisted it would be awesome, but i'd like to know the spell/god-ability closest to "Use this to kill everything in LOS with 2-3 uses"

Shatter hits everything in LoS and would probably do the most total damage if conditions are right. Not sure how it compares against god abilities like Apocalypse or Qazcuck

I agree, however 1/3rd of the monsters in the game fly one way or another (and another chunk are incorporeal), so i guess it's what i'm looking for, but not in every situation.
Apocalypse does a shitton of damage (can almost 1-shot pan-lord if it doesn't affect them with statuses), but you can't use it more than once until Exhaustion expires.
Qazlel seems too fucking random with the elements (and the damage too), or does it reliably two-shots things?

The best "everything dead spells" are Tornado, Apocalypse, Disaster Area, and Shatter.
Tornado is over time and Apocalypse can apply debuffs instead. So you are probably looking for Shatter or 27 Invo Disaster area.

>Apocalypse or Qazcuck
Ru is literally the god of SJWcucks, mutilating themselves in a mentally ill race to see who can be the least privileged.
Quazloud is the alpha motherfucker who throws open the dungeon doors and murders the entire floor in a no-holds-barred slaughterfest.

By the time wizlabs show up you should have some mapping scrolls. This is what they're for.

>autoexploring on a timed vault floor
you're such a fucking noob, anonymous

The latter. If you have the piety for it you can clear rooms full of pan lords within 3-4 presses.

Fffffuuuck wand acquirement.

into the lava they go

>You miss.

>You die...

>It breathes
>You breathe
>You are both alive. That is natural

>killing hyders with bees
Okay, user. This is pretty good.

at what skill level is it worth to use a executioner axe over a broad axe?

>Enlightenment is worse than worshiping AIDS: The God
>Ru being worse than AIDS

you don't know what you're talking about shitter

>doing math that involves fractions

Depends.

/rlg/ is a master of combitronometry.

>too dumb to step back and forward in a corridor to kill anything with bat AI

literally peak mibe

>I have never played the game but I still shitpost about it
/rlg/ in a nutshell

>baiting this hard

Wew

>no tele id'd beyond D5
>complaining about shafts, one of the most irrelevant """"traps"""" in the game

you double minotaur

He fell down a shaft, lad. He had no way of knowing where a corridor would be, and he liked had to continue running from other threats he wasn't yet prepared to face.

so demolitions depots will eventually explode right

Turns out Statue Form is pretty good. Between this and Shadow Creatures I can take on pretty much anything

You want an amulet of harm for that sweet +30% damage.

Why're you quoting yourself?

>be Statue of Chei
>move 1 tile
>get rekt by 4 torments from 2 tormentors
>get destroyed by 4 damnations from a single hellion
>get rekt by 2 Brimstone fiends casting 4 damnations
>Dispater casts LCS 10(ten) times
>An awoo managed to land a howl debuff
>a spooky skeleton answers the summons
>-1000000/291hp
>Chei takes off his mask and reveals the face of a grinning Xom
>+15 stats and dat Slouch™ amirite lads
>Xom finds this hilarious

4 torments would only deal 40% health to me though

that's not too bad

user

Yes user please continue posting garbage hypotheticals which will never happen.
The only time you can get 1-shot as a statue lad is walking into LOS of aware Hellion Island into LOS of multiple hellions (>=3) on the same turn AND for some reason having statue up while travelling.
I dislike playing chei but you're retarded.

>getting this defensive over a joke post
don't do this lads

Should I pick up "Undeadhunter" or ice dragon armor?

>XL 12
>dat club
wtf I love dcss now

Trog is a beneficent and merciful god.
Sprints tend to make piety generate at a higher rate.

The mace because it's fun

I just read that shit on the wiki? Why is an anti undead mace evil?

>opening doors as qazlal

he is the god of staircases user
qazlal would never associate with a door

yes user, unseen horrors are unavoidable unfightable instakills to characters without sinv, and somehow you are the only one who realizes this

all those other crawl players who claim to be able to actually kill invisible enemies are probably just cuck shills for the devil's team
after all, tab doesn't attack invisible units so it's impossible to fight them

not sure if retarded or just pretending.

if you're a tablord combo you literally just stand in a corridor and mash control+direction until it dies

I see, so you're not pretending then.

>I see

No you don't since you don't have Sinv.

>Xom polymorphs something in D:7 into a dire elephant
>Xom plays tele roulette with me in the minotaur's labyrinth
>Xom teleports me away from the staircase I was going to use to escape from a pack of death yaks on the turn I was going to press

i'm too busy sucking dev cock to admit the truth:
that the game is completely unwinnable or at least way too hard, so the crawldevs should just remove enemies until you can win without any keys other than tab and o

How much do you get paid to defend dungeon crawl stone soup on an anonymous image board, and where do I apply?

>>Xom teleports me away from the staircase I was going to use to escape from a pack of death yaks on the turn I was going to press

i already explained this user

i'm not doing it for money, i just want devil's team cummies in my tummy