/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #29 - Link getting with Zelda edition

Previous thread: >Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h3x3EaEA3nI
youtube.com/watch?v=g75HDyL2BGc
poal.me/u657vo
youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE
youtu.be/tVumJ-z1F9E
zeldainformer.com/news/aliens-in-majoras-mask-were-included-due-to-a-ufo-boom-in-japan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I WANT TO FUCK FI

youtube.com/watch?v=h3x3EaEA3nI

>4:38 - 4:50

youtube.com/watch?v=g75HDyL2BGc

>0:20 - 0:32

After Breath of the Wild do you think the totally open world will stay, or will the games return to the smaller and plot-accessed maps?

>Eleventh match is Lana VS Farore
poal.me/u657vo

Usual disclaimer:
>I am just a normal guy making a poll on an anonymous imageboard. You can imagine I can't decide if a poll is rigged or if someone is cheating by posting the poll link in other threads/sites. I can't check such crazy variables. My borderline legal suggestion is: support your favourite girl and do it with all your strenght. Don't expect your adversaries to be 100% fair. That's it. And yes, we have already seen some cheats by this point.

Now, vote my friends, the poll closes in approximately 14 hours.

What in the name of fuck did I just read

Bruh I don't even

(reposting from previous thread)
>Midna's theme in BotW
>BULLSHIT

Not bullshitting. You can clearly hear it between 1:27-1:36 of the trailer. The three major notes at least (which is basically the three main notes of Zelda's lullaby in reverse.)

youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE

Reminder that Sheik is MALE

>The three major notes at least (which is basically the three main notes of Zelda's lullaby in reverse.)
You mean the ballad of the goddess then?

Sheik has no deik but is a stud regardless.

Since we are speaking about music:
youtu.be/tVumJ-z1F9E

Have a wonderful day

NOA did everything right

Jesus, FDS was shit. I really want to hear that Game over theme from the prototype on the NES though.

I actually prefer the FDS more.

Same. NES sounds weaker.

I WANT TO IMPREGNATE TETRA

Stay away

I WANT TO TIE UP CHIBI LINK AND MAKE HIM WATCH

>CHIBI LINK
I'll murder you

I ALSO WANT TO TOUCH HIS PROSTATE AND MAKE HIM SQUEAL

Do you want Legend of Zelda games where the big villain isn't Ganondorf, demise, or Vaati?
I thought Zant and Ghirahim were great as standalone villains

Honestly I want a straight-up Lovecraftian villain for the Zelda series.

Only one who really comes closest to that is Majora, maaaybe Dethl or Bellum if you stretch it. Vaati's monster form gives me Lovecraftian vibes but that's about it.

You know, I really don't mind. I mean, I'd love for Vaati to get more spotlight. On the other hand, I am so used to Ganon(dorf), I'd miss him if he wasn't there, especially for a game as revolutionary for the series like BotW.
But as long the final battle is challenging and with good music, I don't care about who's the bad guy.

Some kind of evil general invading hyrule with an army of monsters would be cool, I want to feel like i'm saving the country a little more every time I kill a mob, not just invading some dirty dungeon and murdering something that wasn't even doing anything.

>Some kind of evil general invading hyrule with an army of monsters would be cool,

Literally Ganondorf and most variations of Ganon, the problem is that Nintendo utilizes his threat as the main villain rather poorly. This could be solved if we actually occasionally fought him with his armies during several key events throughout the game, and if towns could actually be periodically raided by said armies - but nope. Too much work for Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda: W

>Romani is brown

But he isn't really invading hyrule during any of the main games though, alttp and WW you are invading his area to beat him before he gets powerful enough to invade, Oot and TP he has already taken control by the climax of the game and you invade his castle to kill him.

>Romani
>with tits
>and with a reference to Link being out of commission for seven years

Alright, so how does it work for all realms and dimensions to be the same dimension at different periods of time? The Sacred Realm is the beginning of time? The Twilight Realm is the impending heat death of the universe? How do split timelines factor in?

Stop pushing this retarded theory

This reminds me that tomorrow there will be Malon vs Midna. It will be a bloodbath.

To the user that was helping me edit and go through the Sheikah Lore, I send you the documents I have finished if you're here that is. It's not perfect by any means and I may have left some stuff out, but it's sent and done as of right now.

Why can't it be a milkbath instead? Surely that would be much more enjoyable.

I just noticed I called her Romani instead of Malon. I really need to stop forgetting and confusing their names.

MODS

Just remember that one is an alien conspiracy nut and the other is a "horse lover".

>Implying wind waker link and tetra are together

Goodnight

What were those creatures anyway?

>horse lover

NOT MY PURE FARM GIRL.

>kill a boar
>get a steak

>thinks a steak is only one type of meat
MATE.
COME ON NOW.
JUST FUCKING SEE YOURSELF OUT.

>kill a squirrel
>get an accorn

Apparently aliens were just popular in Japan around the time the game was being developed, so they are actually aliens. They look a bit like Emo Poes.

meat from a porcine is pork.

Rude.

Some bacon would be nice. Maybe some pork chops. A good roast ham is always good.

I belive the flatwoods monster from usa is what they were based on.

You do know what a steak is, yes?

Many Hylean villages have too few citizens, but wild boars roam the countryside. And that's where bokoblins come from.

steak
noun
high-quality beef taken from the hindquarters of the animal, typically cut into thick slices that are cooked by grilling or frying.
Beef=cow
not pig

Holy fucking shit.

It matches up too well.

Though I would think that Clocktown would be right underneath Skyloft in terms of geographical location. SS's map isn't entirely accurate, it's more like it's looking at fragmented areas from a bird's eye view.

>from a porcine
>a porcine
Christ alive. Don't try and sound smart.

zeldainformer.com/news/aliens-in-majoras-mask-were-included-due-to-a-ufo-boom-in-japan

You're not honestly telling me that you think steak is exclusive to cows. You can't be telling me this.
What about Fish steak, Lamb steak, Pork steak, Vegetarian steak. There's more than just fucking beef in the world.

It's "porcupine", you dumb nut.

They're based off of the Flatwoods Monster, an actual alien entity that was sighted in the early 50's.

The item isn't called a pork steak, though, it's just called a steak, which means it is from a cow.

Hope the localisation team fixes this kind of stuff before release, i don't want malon to give me epona and tell me ''This is the best cat in my entire stable!''

>Vegetarian steak
Not that guy, but this kinda supports his view more than it does yours. Marketing names are notoriously dishonest.

Well Skyloft came from the Sealed Grounds, it's why there is a hole there and the Statue of Hylia ends up there as well. It's a weird trick based on how you jump off Skyloft to Hyrule below that you don't actually see the proper perspective on the areas.

Either way it is, it matches up perfectly. Then you factor in the fact that there is a connecting path to Termina (not a warp) and that things become distorted and twisted when entering it, how the Ocarina of Time can't actually make a timeline from these events, only reset the world (since it already exists).

It's a highly possible theory.

I thought I was done laughing for tonight.

No. Fucking, no. Steak is a cut of meat. Beef Steak comes from a cow. As for localisation, it's hardly important, because like I said Steak is just a cut of meat.

>Vegetarian steak
Yeah I know, it's horseshit, but it was just an example of the word that came to mind.

I like the whole idea, but I have to play devil's advocate for a moment and point out that there is potentially a warp. Link falls into a stump, and the world goes psychedelic. It could be a warp, or it could be a side effect of becoming a Deku Scrub, but the walking distance to Clock Town is very very short from where he started in the woods.

>an actual alien entity

Hell I'll play devils advocate myself, I always saw it as a 'down the rabbit hole' type situation.

I was always curious about this specific room, it's clearly the Triforce, but Power is off on it's own.

Alien cyrptid, whatever you prefer to call it. It's based off of something IRL.

Flatwoods Monster from West Virginia.

Would you a seagull?

I've been playing Phantom Hourglass for the first time recently after putting it off for nearly a decade (got it when it came out but had only played it a few hours back in the days).

I must say I found the controls to be a bit awkward at first but now that I've gotten used to it it's been pretty fun so far. Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda so getting back into the same world/setting is quite nice and nostalgic. The combat system isn't the best but it's far from being terrible either. While the sword doesn't always do what you want it to using the items with the stylus is smooth and enjoyable. The 3D is rather cute too, given it's a DS game.

If like me if you had put off Phantom Hourglass because of the stylus centered kind of gameplay do yourself a favor and push through it a bit, I'm sure you'll find yourself having fun after a while too.

I would a Marin.

I'd a lot of things in Zelda to be fair.

I'd feed her bread off the hotel balcony.

What do people dislike so much about the stylus gameplay? I've played both PH and ST and I never had a single problem with it, besides some difficulty in getting the different sword moves on the first try.

Glad you're enjoying it user, the only real complaint I ever had with PH was the Temple of the Ocean King, and I think one stylus puzzle to draw a Triforce symbol maybe? That was wonky. But I enjoyed it regardless, same with ST.

SHEik

The Temple was the worst part of the game, especially because they hadn't really gotten stealth right yet.

Agreed, it had it's moments where it was good, the first 1-2 times were fine, after getting the mid-way point was fine since you could warp, and the ultimate end of it was great.

I actually personally loved the ending to PH, but I won't say anymore for that user's sake.

PH made me learn how to draw a triforce in one stroke

same, in 2 different ways

The last half hour or so of PH is fucking brilliant. I wish I could skip past the rest of the game just to fight those bosses again.

Ez

ST's whole on-rails Demon Train was a huge disappointment by comparison. That annoyed me so much I didn't even bother finishing ST sadly. They should have just had the final be bombing bunnies.

I think it's because it breaks off from the standard gameplay people have had their whole life before the DS came out. Truth be told a couple of DS games were also a bit of a pain to play because of unnecessary uses of the stylus.

Thanks. I just got the 3 faries so I'm not too far in yet. I assume you mean the fact of being forced to redo the temple multiple times? Hasn't bothered me too much yet I'd say. If this isn't what you meant well don't correct me, I'll see by myself.

It's rather funny that I ended up having maxed out rupees rather early in the game too (9999) simply because I had a bunch of treasures and extra ship parts I could sell for 50 / 800 rupees each, it was absurd. Even after buying all the expensive items I could find in different shops so far I'm still at 7000+ rupees right now, I doubt I'll ever be in need of money ever again.

W- wh- what.. Is this how normal people draw a Triforce?

Nah that's definitely what I mean. It's just a chore having to go back through the same parts constantly, even with new items making certain parts more simple and easier.

Weird how the votes tend to jump in huge leaps.

I'm haven't gotten to that part in my replay of ST. I don't remember quite how I feel about it since it's been years, but it definitely didn't compare to PH. The final final boss fight was pretty cool iirc, and it has some of my favorite music in the entire series. Fuck the train though

You can get through most of the redone parts in a minute or two if you know where to go, so the Temple of the Ocean King never bothered me. Just make sure to mark stuff on your map if you have to so you don't have to wander around the dungeon a second/third+ time.

On a cellphone with their finger in one stroke, yes

>You can get through most of the redone parts in a minute or two [...]
It's been my experience so far as well, I haven't been bothered either. As for writing stuff on the map, I do that from time to time yeah, it's a fun addition to the game.

There's that one time where I had to check a walkthrough though, when they expect you to know you need to close your DS to print the seal on your map... I doubt I was the only one, or maybe I'm dumb I don't know.

It just wants you to draw a triforce in one stroke without intersecting the lines. There are a few ways to do it.
The train is the absolute worst, I loved bombing the little yellow bunnies constantly and ST Ghost Zelda though.

I'll get around to play PH and ST again throughout my Zelda replays, unfortunately I've been putting Great Bay off. Finished up the Sea Snakes/Eggs and got a couple heart pieces yesterday only for the emulator to freeze up on me and lose all that progress so I haven't bothered with it today, annoyed me greatly for an already annoying area.

They expected that puzzle to stump you to the point where you close the console and go do something else for a while and come back to realize that was what you needed to do

I'd highly recommend using that map for the final lower portions of the game. I think it's B7-B10? It's arguably the most complicated part of the temple and can be done relatively quickly, but it's easy to forget where you're supposed to go.

I thought the map was a pretty cool addition to the game in PH and ST. I liked being able to mark hidden areas I couldn't access yet so I'd remember to check back later. Otherwise I probably would have needed a guide. It definitely wasn't required but it made the game way easier.

>tfw Marin was just a representation of the Wind Fish's subconscious desire to wake up

>Level 5
>Have to kill three bomb eaters plus a roomful of blue darknuts to finish the level
>basically without getting hurt
GOD
DAMNIT

Nah you got this user, LoZ is easy. I believe in you.

>using guides
Reminder that if you did that you didn't beat the game

I can live with that for this game