Toyota Corolla AE86

Nothing Initial D related please, i just want to know if this cart has any worth...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RNb6srcp1S4
youtube.com/watch?v=Fym6X-JvEOs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>lightweight
>rear wheel drive
>nice looks
>good engine

its fantastic for what it is, but people love to hate it because of its pop culture status.

personally I wouldnt own one because of all the memes.

Maybe if added some bumpers, and new vinyls, it would cover up the memetic potential?

don't u fucking dare

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH

Why not?

yeah it would bro go for it

Of course it does, probably intrinsic aside from Tofutax, but I agree with it's a great platform except for the SRA, and you can put just about any high strung 4cyl in there from 4AGE to 3SGTE

keep the body stock u heathen.

Well here we go

they look great with kits

Yes. Love watching racing videos with 86s on youtube.
Anybody know a place where I can find more of those?

DEJA-VU
I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS THREAD BEFORE

BUT YOU'RE KILLING MY LOVE
AND IT WILL DESTROY ME
youtu.be/RNb6srcp1S4

Used to own a 85 GTS hatch from 2004-2008. Was a really fun and basic car. Would get looks but no where near as many as it would probably today. I bought it for $2500 from a Mexican field worker. Sold It for $5k to dumb teenager Honda owner with a suped up civic autotragic. I wish I knew what happened to that car, probably wrapped around a pole a month after new ownership. If I had the space I would kept it for a weekend driver. They are VERY rare to come across these days, I only ever saw 1 other hatch in my city.

I started this thread because one of my neighbours has an 86 for sale right now, and it´s probably the last chance i will get my hands on one. So from all the feedback i´m getting, i will probably go for it. So anyway, how was the interior feel for the 85?

BACK ON THE ROCKS
BACK ON THE ROCKS
YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND TOGETHER

Was it silver, two tone? California?

motherfucker buy it

Buy it, faggot. Buy it and decide later if it's not actually for you. It's an appreciating item anyways, so you can't lose on the deal.

Well i just said that i´m going to, so fucking chill. I already called him, it´s a deal...

I'd buy one if they weren't so overpriced

Interior is basic as hell, the GTS seats are fucking sweet though.. completely adjustable. If you can find a corolla without a cracked dash consider yourself a lucky man.

Silver yeah, two tone no. Cali yes.

5k isn't that of deal considering people are asking $7-9k for ones in good shape

So let OP flip it, such a bizarre idea that's never been conceived

9500euro Is the cheapest one I can find in the Netherlands ffs

I bought mines from NJ for $1000. That was when I was 19. I'm still working on getting her running.

I felt that I was lucky on my end. The chassis had no rust and was pretty mint. Only issue was that it wasn't running because of some electrical issue. Also, a bunch of hoonigans spray painted the car.

Buy it, don't look back. If you regret it find me I will buy it

I think k the question is why would anyone want one of these over an AW11? The MR-2 is vastly superior in every way
>lighter than an AE86
>IRS
>better handling
>better acceleration
>better looking
Other than the fact that weeb scum love the AE86 because MUH TOFU DERIVERY, there is objectively no reason to own one over an AW11

Less rusty, better reliability, especially cooling system parts for AW11, crazy expensive.
Also, working on the AW11 is a bitch cause rear engine, where it's very doable on the AE86.

AW11 is a great budget Ferrari tho.

>$5k in 2008
We're in 2016.

>AW11

Weeb scum detected

I owned an aw11 before. Its a bitch to work on. Everything about it sucked. The tranny pops out of 5th, the vents for the engine bay are prone to leak water onto the alternator on a rainy day, >muh oversteer

>hard to work on
Maybe you fatties need to put down the fork and pick up some weights, I've never had issues working on it, sure it's a bit more complicated, but nothing someone who doesn't sit around all day and eat Doritos can't handle

Said literally no one, ever.

Ae86 < Celica Poopra

They're just so small. Even for a chink like me

>image.jpg
Gooby pls

Instead of being faithul for mr. 2, i had to divorce him for a miyaya

Sorry mate. They only picks of me mr2 i have are on the internet now.

>thinking its necessary to cover a licence plate
pls kill self

>dumping a true God machine for a fagmobile

I'm not going to pretend and be a better person. Mr2s are ass. Miatas drive nicely, and AE86's are meme ass money pits

Wouldn't you cover yours too? Don't pretend and be a better person. You're on the internet. No one cares, love.

no, I have posted pics of my licence plate uncovered for years now and nobody has came and killed me.

Then i'm glad, hubby. It shows you don't fear anything~

Kudos, boo

From what I gather there is 1.5 85 hp and 1.6 130 hp. I guess Itsuki bought the former.

I WANNA DANCE

youtube.com/watch?v=Fym6X-JvEOs

Itsuki bought the AE85, which is a Japan-only variant with an anemic boat anchor of an engine (3A-U).

The 86 uses the 1.6 4A series engine throughout the world, with the top trim having the 4A-GE everyone loves or the 4A-GEC if you're in the US which makes slightly less power but who cares because even the Japan one is making 120hp on a good day.

I WANNA DANCE

sides = gone