Do you get any useful tools using a stockbroker like scotttrade or ameritrade?

Currently using robinhood, was wondering if there's more benefits to using a more established broker. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

tdameritrade.com/tools-and-platforms/trade-architect/features.page
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love Robinhood. The only benefit other brokers offer, from my experience, is they provide research and tools. The only reason I switched to TD Ameritrade was due to the ability to set a trailing stop so I'm not having to constantly reset my stops.

Robinhood is literally shit tier

Use td ameritrade or interactive broker

How so?

If I set a stop limit order and a limit order and one fills will it cancel the other out with robinhood?

>broker crashing during market hours

>can't short

>no candlestick charts

If you have over 3k and are under 25 you can start an interactive broker account. They have $1 commissions

Nothing in Robinhood automatically cancels. Everything must be done manually. Once you put in an order, it allocates the funds needed to fill that order until it is filled or cancelled. Any broker you use will have it's advantages and disadvantages.

Why do you have to be under 25?

You have to allocate funds or shares to your orders and they won't be available for other orders if you do.

I use Trade Architect with TD Ameritrade. It's completely free, even if you have 0 balance in your account. Live stock quotes and market updates every second.

Literally the closest thing to Bloomberg, for free, that I've seen.

does TD have a free level 2? im currently looking for a broker that offers a level 2. i think etrade you need 25k in it just to get a level 2

It has access to level 2 quotes

tdameritrade.com/tools-and-platforms/trade-architect/features.page

thanks

Create an account with TD Ameritrade. Choose to deposit funds later. You now have ThinkOrSwim with free real time data.

>How so?

>No margin, so you can't multiply your profit at all
>No After Hours, so if your stock crashes you have no access
>No real time quotes, so you're guessing at whatever prices you buy/sell
>Oh, and their servers tend to crash randomly.

Do you need more reasons?
I would run from them, unless you're just gambling with pennies.

If you trading common stock on a cash account there is 0 reason to not use Robinhood.

TD Ameritrade and Fidelity have tools for free. Fidelity is a cluster fuck though. I'm sure other places other tools too.

How many levels / how much depth in the orderbook do they show?
I've heard Ameritrade filters their data so the volume studies like volume profile are not accurate. Is this true in practice?
Does TDAmeritrade have a good volume study which shows the volume delta at the bid and offer?

With instant I think they have margin trading and you can get your money from selling stock instantly.

The prices update constantly I'm not sure what you mean?

Haven't had it crash on me yet. Sometimes I buy only 3 stocks at a time, I don't have huge amounts of money. But fuck if I'm not learning and making money.

Options.

We pay for a number of additional features, all of them secondary to more accurate bid/ask info. That is primarily where the expense comes from. It is worth the commission.

>inb4 robinhood displays accurate prices
ours are more accurate.