Why do young Asian people like working on cheap old 90's hondas even though they are from rich families?

Why do young Asian people like working on cheap old 90's hondas even though they are from rich families?

Pic related.. a young asian working on a cheap old integra next to the family's BMW.

Because he knows he will have to drive a much worse car otherwise..... A bmw

You don't get rich/stay rich by spending money

Drive old shitty car has expensive house

Spend so much on old honda that they could have bought an evo.

>Hurr I have more pride in this fwd than an evo because I built it myself...

>Asians

They're fun and easy to work on.

maybe because they take pride in owning something, anything, as a first car. Why look down on someone for being proud of it?

Does the bmw offer any additional utility over the honda, most likely not. Value for the money is an important aspect of financial management and keeping yourself at a maintainable level.

If i were given money right now to buy a 3 series, or a Civic. I'd get the civic, its more economical, and pretty nice.

Because they want to hide their privilege and seem useful

>buys cars for economical
Fuck off, give fwd a bad name

Even though its a fwd shitbox theres absolutely nothing wrong with having a car you work on and take pride in. I'd respect him more than some fag who knows nothing about cars and was handed a new bmw. I know hondafaga get a bad rep, but more than a handful I know all work on their cars and take pride in them.

Theyre all jealous of my LS1 though

fwd has less friction and drivetrain loss on average than a rwd contender. Physics kinda works out in favor fwds compact placement of parts and lower rotational mass. Not my fault its more efficient.

I don't race cars, I don't rally cars, I use a car to have fun, while getting from a-b. I can have fun in a 400hp corvette, and I can have fun in a 60hp Dato 210, Even the Versa i rented was a fun car. Drive wheels don't contribute to the over all experience of the car, unless you just NEED to drift everywhere.

Because asian parents are stingy as fuck about money. You grow up driving shitboxes cause no help from parents and then do the same with your kids when you start working. I drive a IS350 and my kids drive mid 90s hondas. Keeping up tradition!

get off Veeky Forums you don't belong here

I think I'm okay here. I understand if you are not mature enough to understand those concepts. It took me a long time to accept that my RWD cars and trucks did not make me a race car driver and a God.

RWD has been pretty much eliminated from the WRC and even a lot of enduro rally events that they dominated in the 60's to the 80's.

Each platform has its purposes, and its reasons for existing. Grow up man.

>had fun in a Versa

I rented one of these for a week. It was the most gutless & boring car I think I've ever driven. Even the 90s corolla I had in high school was more fun.

>bringing up rwd
Holy shit go back to jalopnik or reddit
>hurt much performance car it's rwd

I largely agree but drive wheels typically affect the weight distribution of the car.

>FWD can't be sports cars
When will the b8 and memes end?

i don't know what to tell you other than maybe you were doing it wrong? i always find it fun to drive shitty cars fast.

Yes you look stupid to everyone else that can see you, but does that matter when your tiny i4 is screaming along at 7k, the tires screeching a folding under, all while only doing 40mph on a country road? Its a different fun than taking a sports car and never ever being able to come close to its potential.

no one educated says they cant be. Volvo has had some amazing fwd race cars, the mazda 6 TC was pretty successful in its class. The issue is you have to work exceedingly hard to make it work out right for more than a few hotlaps. The average consumer is not going to be able to go out and get that level of car. The Focus RT and fiesta ST are working pretty hard to change that idea, but in general : fwd cars have lots of handling quirks and often bad weight balance that hurt them performance wise. I would consider most any FWD modern car to be significantly sportier and faster than my 80's "sports" (read GT) cars.

wrong.
you think even a tuned ep3 can beat your car? get some self respect
fwd is worthless

Because it's fun
Why would they do anything else?
If he had a Maserati you'd just be crying about tfw no parents to spoil me

>why are these not poor people spending money doing something they enjoy?
>why aren't they doing the same thing in a slightly different way so it becomes too expensive to be fun any more?

...As a hobby?

I drive RWD manual American V8s and I'm fully a fanboy of American cars but if I suddenly found myself absolutely destitute and wanted to grab a total shitbox I could still have fun with it would probably be an SHO. It's good for what it is.

corey pls go

I'll leave when alphonse and I graduate

How can anybody be jealous of an ls1? Has an ls1 ever been put into a car that's not a bit shit?

do a degree in being a faggot and you can graduate tomorrow

>>Hurr I have more pride in this fwd than an evo because I built it myself...
You... You don't understand the satisfaction of having built something instead of just buying it as-is?
Jesus fuck you're stupid.

Easy to work on, plenty of parts available, and they like working on cars. And if you fuck up, it's only a 90s Civic. You can just buy another one cheap.

asian kids arnt allowed to spend their rich parents money

i know i dont work my ass off to give my money away