Why do car manufacturers keep making these pieces of shit crossovers? why do people puy them?

why do car manufacturers keep making these pieces of shit crossovers? why do people puy them?

also "kicks" is the dumbest name ever for a car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/onbh5nMmSTY
youtu.be/vmLglOlDaAo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>women have more buying power
>like to sit up "high"
>keeping up with the jones's
>more profit margin than sedans and hatches.
>fuel economy standards vary based on segment or weight or something so they're allowed to be less efficient

Woman. I've asked a few woman why they buy such cars as they don't seem to really excel at anything. They aint fast, nobody buys them to tow/move shit. They all say its because they feel safe in them.

Basically what it comes down to is crossover owners are pussies and woman.

Direct answer:
>people buy them
>people are retarded

Women buy shit based on emotion instead of logical reasoning. I'm not saying guys are exempt, but women are FAR more likely to do this. In their minds, a minivan is not "cool" and they think lift+big=safe:))))) and there you go. Despite all the facts that SUV's and crossovers are nothing but meme barges that are not safe, not cheap to insure, not spacious, poor fuel economy, not good on or off roads, aren't really comfortable, and don't have a lot of luxary options available, they still want SUV's because it's fashionable:))))))))))).

I'm about to buy a crossover because of medical reasons. Trucks sit too high to get in and out of comfortably, and getting in and out of most sedans makes me feel like I'm being stabbed.

everything that isn't 100% utilitarian has some element of emotion based reasoning.
even performance, above a bare safe minimum.

how JUST are you from a scale from 1 to ALIMONY?

Why not this? Sedan but it's lifted up so the h-point is similar to a crossover

I'm bi, but only been in 1 relationship with a woman. The only thing that's cucking me right now is my chronic asspain and back pain.

I was looking at the XC70, but the used market is absolutely horrid and I can only find ancient models with 100k+ miles on them. I can get a nearly fully-loaded Lexus NX or Mercedes GLK 250 BlueTEC/350 that is only a year old with 10k or less miles for the price of a new Ford Fusion. The only good deal I've found on a Volvo was a 2014 S80 for $20k with 23k miles.

Of all the vehicles I've driven, the Lexus NX and Mercedes GLK 350 are extremely soft riding and easy to get into. The only other vehicles that I've test driven with as nice ride quality are the XC90 (which is $60k) and several full-sized pickups (which range from $45k-$65k).

>I'm about to buy a retarded pre-lifted amerifat car instead of just lifting my current one

I like how these actually have more ground clearance than the normal sedan version, or most crossovers for that matter.

>lifting a 1992 Corolla with a broken transmission and 459k miles
The ride is bad enough normally, I can't imagine that lifting the thing will make all my problems magically disappear.

I can afford a new car, and was already in the market for one anyways.

Ok, fair point. After all, that's the whole basis of sports cars.

But sports cars are at least good at something: speed and/or handling. SUV's really aren't good at anything special. Towing? Easily outclassed by most pickup trucks. Off-road? The Jeep Wrangler is really the only SUV (for domestics at least) that can be trail-capable without intense modifications. Luxary? Lots of high-class sedans can easily eclipse the "luxary" SUV market. Space? Excluding an actual full-size van, many minivans are very good at utilizing it's size for internal space for passanger and cargo, or just pure cargo. Fuel economy? Without strict standards the fuel economey for a vehicle of its size can be matched by a truck and bettered by a minivan. Owning costs? Insurance costs for SUV's may not be the highest, but they're still pretty high. Safety? For a vehicle of its size, it's pretty much the same, but if you're lookin for safety of the chillens, minivans still reign supreme.

the mazda cx-5 gets 26/35 mpg which is great for such a big vehicle

Me and my wife shopped around for a long time looking at SUVs, sedans, wagons, for the price point you cant beat a crossover in utility/space/fuel economy. The ford escape gets 23/30 mpg and has 270 ft-lbs of torque and 231hp out of a little 2 liter inline 4.

And when you figure you can fit 4.5 ameriburgers inside and tow 2,000 lbs of their shit and know you can get where you're going cuz its got awd and nearly 8" of ground clearance it's p much a no-brainer to get one if you've got a family.

What's wrong with this one? I am thinking of getting it as first car out of college.

>fca
Not even once.

Its rated pretty good tho? Was looking at the Wrangler but its like 6K to get same level of interior. What would you recommend.

I was considering getting one over the current vehicles I'm looking at... but general quality research says to not even touch one.

They're rated 46/100 from Consumer Reports. In comparison, the Rav4 and similar offerings are all 80+.

They are made to kill snow.

youtu.be/onbh5nMmSTY

No. If you have a family you buy a minivan. The escape is small as fuck if you're trying to fit two car seats in it. Older kids wouldn't be as bad though. It also doesn't get great mpg in 2.0 form.

Does ground clearance matter unless you actually intend to offroad?

People talk about how they need a crossover to drive around in the snow, but I don't see how they'd be any better at that than an AWD wagon.

Shut up and buy a civic. You probably don't need awd. Just get a cheap dd and a TJ for 10k

Moving through super fluffy snow like that doesn't take much, but the XC70 is perhaps one of the most versatile wagons out there

You have never driven the XC70 or Audi Allroad.

Or a citroen with pneumatic suspension.

youtu.be/vmLglOlDaAo

>2 kids
>minivan
nigga wat

oh and I fit 2 car seats in mine just fine ;^)

more ground clearance is always a good thing unless you're driving a fucking race car

>tfw hydropneumatics are kill

Makes sense I suppose. Would prefer a Malibu or Focus I guess. Want to buy American, or American adjacent.

I would much rather get a truck or a wagon. Crossovers are the worst of both.

I wish Subaru still made an Outback SUS/Outback sedan.

And a Legacy wagon, for that matter.

But normie American cars are usually inferior to their "Japanese" counterparts

is their anything worse than the porche and ferrari crossovers? i get them wanting market share but they could have least come up with a new brand to sell them under

I don't know what memes to listen to or not listen to anymore. I was memed recently that Am. cars in this segment for most purposes are equivalent in quality now. I just want a little Jeep, why is that so hard nigga.

>more ground clearance is always a good thing
U fooken wot? How? Unless you like rolling like a barrel this is the stupidest thing I've heard.

The little Jeep is a Fiat with a bodykit.
Honestly, buying American because it's American doesn't make sense in this day and age, most "American" cars aren't built in the USA anyway.

Just get a YJ/TJ with a hardtop. It'll be much cheaper, more fun and much better off road. Replace any worn parts and it'll be more reliable too.

There aren't any crossovers that sit high enough to roll over dumbass, and it's good because it means you can drive over/through shit in the road you normally wouldn't be able to. Plus there's the convenience of changing the oil without having to jack it up and put it on stands

I don't have to raise my Legacy GT to change the oil comfortably. You must be fat.

Fucking this.
My mum bought one because she loves feeling "high" and "safe".

Soccermoms in Porsche crossovers are my trigger user.

Drive a rogue. Wasn't bad if I'm honest. Might get something similar when my wife decides to shit out some kids?

Rogue is shit. Worst in segment.

I liked it. Was comfy, plenty of leg and head room. Something about the cavernous interior while not having to be in a minivan was nice.

But it is Nissan and had no third row so yeah I can see how it could be pointless and shitty in comparison. Still like the segment though. Will probably own a 3 row Volvo or Mazda one day.

I would recommend getting a real jeep, not a overblown fiat 500

>tractor noises
oh the good old days of diesel shitboxes

The new brand is fuck you we're porsche

Fucking no. It's a pseudo-Jeep and all around shit. It's secretly a Fiat 500 that even has a fucking Fiat engine and transmission.

This post literally proves the point of

Your wife has your balls in her purse and made you get a crossover.

The worst thing about crossovers (other than everything) is the stupid huge wheels. It's like a deformed bar of soap with 19" wheels.

>Wagons aren't cool
>Lifted wagons marketed as "crossovers" are cool

I don't fucking get it, Veeky Forums. Wouldn't a lower, sleeker car appeal to people shopping based on looks, at least more so than a bulbous toad of a crossover? They're not even big in the cool landyacht way, they're just fat.

its the spork of the car industry, Its neither a good SUV or a good...I guess High MPG sedan?

If you offer my old lady a Full size built like a tank SUV or a Slim Frilled out crossover, She'll take the tank

Because she ain't a little bitch

I hate Crossovers

I totally see where you getting out that the minivan solves what you would need a SUV for, more efficiently with more room. However in my experience, I do feel like my handling and my vehicles general ability to tackle things such as having to go somewhere on a snow day and having to drive down old shitty roads has been better in the two SUVs i drove over the Minivans.

shit, talking about AWD wagons, whats the name of that subaru wagon? I've seen that thing traverse the worst mountains and inclines in snow. That motherfucker is a beast

The Outback? It's not a wagon anymore, it's a crossover

would not buy the crossover, would totally vintage the shit out of the wagon in that forest green i always see it in

XV crosstrek? It's slow as piss. I'd recommend am Impreza but that's pretty slow too

Get it with the H6. It's quick and smooth. It's almost effortless compared to the H4.

Bonus: it sounds a bit like a 911.

>the mazda cx-5 gets 26/35 mpg
No, it does not.
Mazda have been taken for lying about the CX-5 and CX-7s fuel economy in australia and had to settle out of court. They don't get anywhere NEAR 25mpg in the real world.

>buying an cuck cube

>me and my wife shopping

lol whos paying for it though you bitch

crossovers are going to be the minivans of this decade in a few years they will be the ultimate symbol of burger fat

Clearly the Lexus will be more reliable.

We have one, it's pretty comfy, usual nissan ShitVT, but it's ok. Still would take my coupe over it.