Alright Veeky Forums what do you all have for classic muscle cars?

Alright Veeky Forums what do you all have for classic muscle cars?
What would you want for a classic muscle car?
None of this old Japanese shit
I'm talking true American muscle.

Muscle cars are garbage

How/why?

this
dont have many redeemable traits

I still like the smaller V8 cars tho

As you can already tell, Veeky Forums considers traditional muscle cars to be overblown pigfat boomer trash because we can't afford them. We have "pony cars" instead like pic related. There's probably little distinction in your mind at this point but you'll soon learn the difference.

3rd gen Camaro, late 60s/early 70s Charger or Mustang. Those are the best-looking, so that's what I'd want for a proper muscle car.
I'd go for a modern Mustang if they did it in european trim levels, because they've got it handling like a car and not a brick on a rollerskate.
But a muscle car is MEANT to be too big and stupid and inefficient and handle badly. Isn't it?
What's the point of them if they aren't awful?
I mean, I wouldn't DD them. That's just stupid. I have a proper car for that.

>classic muscle cars are pigfat
Nice meme

>1970 Challenger
>3,800 lbs

stay salty

>4000lbs
Just because your mother-in-law weighs 500 pounds doesn't make your 300 pound wife skinny.

I'm a bit of an oddball. I love American cars, but I also like high revving engines, so I generally happen to like the smaller engines or the destrokers.

If I went GM, I'd probably pick a second gen F-body. Engine would be a 302 destroker (ala 67-69 Z28. 350 block with a 283 crank) for the high revving special snowflake points. suspension would be all pro-touring including a Heidts IRS, and a 6 speed manual swap.

If I went Mopar, it would probably be a 340 powered Plymouth Duster/Demon/Barracuda with pro touring suspension and a 6 speed manual.

If I went Ford, it'd be a mid-60's Falcon with a built 302, pro touring Mustang suspension, and a 6 speed stick.

I haven't decided what I'd do for an AMC yet. Haven't looked into their aftermarket support for this kinda stuff

>leaf springs, sometimes not even multileaf
>recirculating ball steering
>body on frame/semi-monocoque
>solid rear axles
>FRONT drum brakes, not always with power assist either
>pigfat
>no modern safety features like crumple zones, ABS, tempered safety glass, or reinforced pillars
They're literally ancient.

>swapping a four speed for a six speed
kys, four speed is the master race

>40 year old cars designed to be cheap don't have modern safety features
I know I'm responding to bait. I'll give you a 7/10

also
>most of them have 2 or 3 speed automatics

I'm not saying they should have them, I'm saying them not having them is a reason why I don't want one.

This is exactly why the Pro Touring scene exists. To bring these cars up to modern standard while preserving what's great about them.

>69 GTO actually finished
>71 Cuda stored in a trailer waiting for resto
>68 firebird conv sitting outside waiting for resto
>68 camro conv completely rotted out

i'll fix them some day

>66 chevelle
>3200 pounds
Ayyyyy lmao

Pro Touring Thread? Pro Touring Thread.

Defenitally a 65-69 Shelby

Don't feed the troll.

>have 79 Cordoba

Just want a better engine really

>leaf suspension
A body's had coils lmao
>pig fat
60s A body's are around 3200 to 3600
>safety and crumple zones
Nigga it's the 60s make the other car your crumple zone

Don't feed the troll.

>being this much of a soccer mom

>that fucking suspension setting
tubbing is bad enough but ughhhhh

12.65 @ 105

>wanting to die a painful glassy death when a teenage girl texts and drives in her Tahoe, and blows through a red light tboning you
That happened to the delivery driver at my dealership a few weeks ago. She was in an 05 Toyota Tundra, got tboned at about 45mph and it fucked her up bad, even in a car that new. Had to get surgery on her arms to put in metal plates for multiple fractures, and her torso cut open for internal bleeding.

Also, I didn't specify A-bodies, just muscle cars in general. 67 Camaros had monoleaf rear suspension, for example. 68/69 was upgraded to multileaf.

>not wanting to die shiny and chrome
confirmed soccer mom

My God you are fat.

Going to buy a Volvo 164 with a 350 /w TH350 box attached this coming weekend, how much of a faggot am i ?. (Non american)

I guess I should sell my bike too. Having fun is too dangerous.

Four door or two door?

Lose some weight Porkins and you might be able to cut your time by a few seconds. Also, ask your dad's permission before posting his car again

4 door. Cant remember if the 164 ever came as a 2 door.

Fact checked, Volvo 162C prototype built in sweden came as a 2 door

Brief jewgling turned up apparent two doors, but I could be utterly misinformed. Might be cool, has a halfass second gen Camaro front end look. Screw a blower to the damn thing to scare the coppers.

I fucking wish the laws would allow me to supercharge the fuck out of it without a major hassle, but i recon a 350 with some intake and cam change will make it go a bit better.

Laaaame. Eh, whatever. Keep your eyes peeled to see if any sets of Vortec heads made it across the pond, pretty much the best budget cylinder head for the SBC. Iffin' you buy it that is.

Yeah, i will pick some up along with the intake, they are pretty damn cheap here if you can find them, swapping out the rear axle for a volvo 1031 to handle the torque along with different suspension.

>what is restomodding?

>wheelie bar with those shitty meme tires

Why is it so fucking BEEFY? Is any of that space actually used?

my muscle car isnt very muscle car, but

1960 Falcon Ranchero 302 swap, c4 trans, lots of little bits making a whopping 15.0-15.2 in the 1/4 mile at 118mph. Fun and consistant, needs a real rear end the 2.79 ford 8inch isnt cutting it for me.

Have: nil
Want: pic related

HERE COMES DE JUDGE

>wheelie bar

yeah with a 6 cylinder

youre looking at 3400 with a SBC and 3600 with a BBC

the 396 running a blistering 14 second 1/4

nice niggerfied one you posted too

Da fuck is wrong with you?

Made me kek

>have an old challenger
>rusty as fuck
>tfw no mig welder

>hurrr durrr, stock they're pigfat and they suck
Ok, here's one that is not stock and can perform just fine
>hurrr durrr it's niggerfied and it sucks
Just no winning with closed minded, uneducated, weeb kiddies on the internet I guess.
>now comes the part where I'm called a boomer, because no auto enthusiast could ever be interested in a musclecar unless they are an "ebil boomer" amirite?

Then do it the old fashioned way with an oxy-acetylene torch.

>hurr if you throw 10s of thousands into it can be decent while looking like Jamal's car
>all that adhominem

salty af

muscle is objectively shit

lol why haven't I seen you before? That's great. Definitely swap your rear end though.

>Opinions =facts
YOU think it's ugly.
YOU think it sucks
Good for you, but if you seriously believe this, why did you come in to a thread dedicated to musclecars? Just to bitch? Just to troll?
>whatever faggot, I guess I'm the one being salty too huh?

stop replying to the stancecuck

I dont think they suck I know they do

thats a fact not an opinion

looks are subjective but liking that car gives you shit taste

K den. Believe whatever you want.

I had respect for you until you showed us you were a fatass who's probably destroying your driver seat just by sitting in it

Ahem faggot

>complaining about it stock
>complaining about it modified
Pick one and only one

I will gladly believe my facts while you delude yourself

ok

thanks for proving nothing?

tastelessly modifed vs garbage when stock

wew

>his driver seat
DAD'S CAR LMAO

>proving nothing even though I posted the exact weights for you
>saying all moded chevelles are garbage because you don't like one
WEW LAD
I get it if you don't like that particular one but DUDE LMAO

I've posted about this a few days ago but I'm super excited, I test driving this 79 camaro coupe on Monday. It's a "z28" replica, the owner swapped in a newly built and cammed 350 with edelbrock parts, z28 front rear and side panels, leather interior, new exhaust system and new suspension components. He wants ~6000 but is flexible because he needs the money to buy a 55 chevy. Vin check turned out to be useless because 13 digit vin.

If test drive goes well I'm buying this motherfucker and selling my 84 firebird with a 305 in it and all new 2.5 inch exhaust and flowmaster

The dream car is a chevelle though

>tastelessly modified = all

no

those arent exact weights either those are less than what they actually weigh

And this is what I have now but it's definitely not muscle

Nigga they are estimated of how they rolled off the factory there not going to be exact to the pound but that is how much they weigh like it or not it's the truth
define tasteless modification for me

here have some exact weights

>Chevy Chevelle 1966 LS3 T-56 3545
>Chevy Chevelle SS 1969 396 400 Turbo 3854
>Chevy Chevelle 1964 327 200R4 3698
>Chevy Chevelle SS 1969 396 400 Turbo 3854

tasteless = lacking of taste obviously

>cherry picking 2 heavy years
Used the same site to verify and they are not far off try again
>not defining
LMAO

its the same generation you posted
why are musclefags the most retarded?

and no you didnt since I posted nearly every Chevelle on there lol

>considered to be lacking in aesthetic judgment or to offend against what is regarded as appropriate behavior.

there whiney fag

its exactly what you are if you like that car

Nice meme
You are fully entitled to have your judgements, it's none of my business and I can't change your mind

Third gens are better in every way though, tobehonestfam.

you're downgrading something fierce

You posted 2 separate generations
>every chevelle
66 with an ls3 and t56 that's some pretty sick factory shit right there if you go to that sight you can add in all the extra shit you want to increase the weight what I am going off of is curb weight
As is how the car left the factory and how every car manufacturer does

you are one dense fucktard

a LS car should be lighter than those quoted figures

it isnt

those cars arent 3200lbs lol

1969 Plymouth Barracuda

I will give you that one I could have sworn it was this thread I said 3200 to 3600 is what they tend to weigh
And an ls will be lighter but that t56 isn't helping that equation
>don't weigh 3200 pounds
But they do LMAO

yeah with as I said a 6 cylinder

>You are fully entitled to have your judgements, it's none of my business and I can't change your mind

D A D S
A
M
A
G
E
C A R
O
N
T
R
O
L

With a straight 6 you are looking at 3060 no water with water you are around 3100
Small block chevy you are looking around 3195 with water around 3220 and for both add about 150 pounds for a tank full of gas

i own a 6 cylinder boomer sedan

ive also driven a couple of v8 boomer sedans. I like them for the seemingly infinite torque, how comfy they are, aesthetics, ease of maintenance, engine accessibility and lack of bells and whistles.

But most people who buy these cars now buy them for the collect-ability and for investing, which i think is a shame

im going to white knight because i feel bad for you now, why can't you buy your own mid 70's landbarge? theres plenty of anons here who own malaise era luxobarges that people love and they are relatively cheap

You think so? My third gen just feels so clunky and shitty with a weak 305 in it and weighing overy 3000lbs. A small camaro with a built 350 would be way zippier right?

>feeling bad for someone who's only claim to fame is his dad's car

for that price you could stick a better engine in the Firebird which has a much better chassis

Unfiltered pic for reference

Trying to track down the guy who my dad sold his 67 GT350 to so I can get it back where it belongs.

>much better chassis
Nigger it's the same shit.

Well I'm a poor teenager so that's one thing, and I already have a truck that I don't want to get rid of because it was my grandpa's and it has an ungodly amount of miles as it was meticulously maintained since new. Believe me, there's a 1979 Pontiac Bonneville 2 wagon for sale that makes my dick diamonds that I would buy

I thought this thread was cool until...

>None of this old Japanese shit
I'm talking true American muscle.

I like all kinds of cars but, it is actually possile to like American muscle without being a dumb red neck?

>fame
Boi I'm just a chubby teenager who's browsing a Laotian Cave Painting website

yeah at the heart

if you think a 3rd gen is exactly the same as a 2nd youre wrong

t. never read Camaro: The Third Generation by Michael Lamm

They did a fuckton of chassis research and development for the thirdgen. The book shows all the differences and compares the second and third gen's performance with skidpad tests and a bunch of data. It was called the best handling car in America when it came out, and it damn sure deserved that title. Even if the engine is shit, an 82 Z28 will run circles around a foxbody handling wise.

That was the game plan originally but theirs a few impediments:
I live in California so it has to pass smog which means a lot of guess work and tinkering with building the exact right engine that'll give me performance but still pass inspection. The owner of the camaro took all the guesswork out by doing this for me already and it just smogged 4 weeks ago.

The price of a comparable 350 engine would be like 1500-2000 dollar in my area pre built. I don't have the tools or experience to build an engine myself

The cost of having someone put it in for me, or conversely the cost of buying a cherry picker and engine stand plus taking a week off work to do the swap myself and potentially fuck it up + the cost of a rental car if needed since the firebird is my DD

The fact that I got the fire birdepartment for 2500 with 84k original miles and all original from someone really desperate for the money. Im pretty sure I can haggle camaro guy down to like 4500 and then sell my firebird for 4k and basically end up paying 500 bucks for an engine swap when it's all said and done.

Do you think when someone takes their car to a race track..

That there isn't a class of race for all kinds of cars to make it fair?

Why even compare them to newer cars?
Just appreciate them for their old fashioned character.

No I thought you were comparing turd gen camaro to turd gen firebird, my bad.