I'm in a bind right now Veeky Forums

I'm in a bind right now Veeky Forums
Need advice.

Currently own two cars, both are not running.
My main car is currently down for an engine rebuild, and a ton of other upgrades. I am hoping to get it finished before fall, but its doubtful. The car is stripped to bare metal ready for paint. My paint buddy isn't available anytime soon, and I cant afford to paint it elsewhere at this point, so its not getting done anytime soon.

My second car is a winter beater that blew its headgasket. At bare minimum it needs a new headgasket, but I have reasons to suspect that I have a warped head, and there is metal in the oil.

My roommate is nice enough to let me borrow his car for work. I just pay for his insurance, and maintenance. Its been like this for 5 months or so, he hasn't asked for it back, but I cant keep borrowing it.

Main car probably wont get done this year, and I cant drive it in the winter anyway.
Winter beater is a pos that I don't want to fix. I feel like I should sell it as is.

What should I do? Spent about $1,000 on a new engine in the winter beater, or buy some new beater for around $1,500-$2,000?
I need two vehicles.

My project car needs another $3,000 or so to finish, any money I spend on a new car, or take time to fix the beater is only going to delay work on my main vehicle.

Pic unrelated.

The girl on the right doesn't shave.

you are living way beyond your means

you cant afford your shit beater car

you cant afford your shit performance car

you need to fucking take the bus and realize you are only holding yourself back

Left has some rockin boobs

what cars?

what money can you expect if you part out the dead beater?
might be better off fixing it seeing as it's not an emergency.
open the engine up and see what you find
it doesn't cost anything

I took a big risk starting work on my main car without a reliable backup.

Its not that I cant afford it, I dont have the time to work on both cars.
My garage is cramped.

I drive 60 miles per day to and from work, cant take the bus.

MK3 Supra, getting a 2JZ, coils, paint, new bushings, etc.
and a 6th gen Civic DX.

considering I paid like $1,200 for the civic, and its in shit condition, $400? I think I might come out on top if I buy a new D13 for $600, fix some body work, and sell it for $2k
cant open anything up. literally no room in the garage. I have one car completely apart taking up almost all the space. I had to park the civic inside, and store all my supras interior and panels on top. cant street park it cause it will get flagged and towed.

ever looked into getting a lift to work?

A friend of a friend is selling a 1998 Sentra for $1,500, but its auto. and fuck if I ever buy, or drive a shitty 90's slushbox

Not for 60 mile round trip.
Cheapest rental is $19 a day before insurance, and taxes.
I already spend like $6 on gas, and tolls.

and if by lift you mean carpool, no one from work lives near me that works my hours. I'm 2nd shift, last person to leave the building by an hour.

that's padding moron. bet you think every pair of tits is huge as well because you've never seen a womans underwear.

fix the civic. if all it needs is the head gasket it's better to do that than buy an unknown car that might shit the bed.

Those things don't come with D13s

Now you're just letting your pride get the best of you. You've got an easy sooution. Yea it's an auto and probably junk but for $1500 it'll do what you need and be a good temp car. Can resell it for close to what you pay

there is metal in the oil, and I think it has a wrapped head.

An engine swap is easier, and faster. I dont have the time, or room for a rebuild.

my bad, 5th gen civic
D15 then

I drove my parents 1999 corolla with an auto. it was the worst thing in the world. I swear to god, I am never owning an automatic transmission car in my life.
my choice is this:
A. Spend time, and money fixing the Civic
B. Spend a more money and buy a new beater

A. Takes time, and some money away from my main build
B. Takes more money away from my main build + potential issues with the beater

Note: The Civic is in complete shit condition. saggy headliner, two out of 4 door handles are broken, rear bumper falling off, rust everywhere, shifter looser than a $2 whore, cracked windshield, blown suspension, hood wont latch half the time, half the exhaust is missing.
new brakes tho

Why do people blow head gaskets? How hard is it to keep antifreeze in your car?

And I know that civic just doesn't blow a head gasket because it's old either

100% my fault.

I had an unchecked coolant leak, and overheated once.
I then had my electric fan fail, and over heated at another time.

I then had my water pump fail, and leak out the of seep hole, I just kept 2 gallons of water in the car during the summer, and topped off before driving until I had the time to replace the pump. 110% my fault, was super lazy. I brought this on myself.

>hose bursts
>drive it up a long steep hill
>what is cel or temp guage
>obviously its a conspiracy by the car companies to make me to back to the dealership!

but also, fuck cars that turn the CEL on every 10 000km just because "its time for a service"

That's not why women have pads in their panties lol

Son I am disappoint

You don't pay attention to your gauges?
When I'm driving I glance down at all gauges literally every 2 or so minutes please tell me I'm not the only one that does this?

I wish I had more gauges so i could watch them instead of looking at the road.

half of my life is watching loading bars.

I look at the gauges all the fucking time. especially the oil pressure one.

I was just not so concerned about the temp. it only went up in traffic, as soon as I was moving it went down again. But as soon as it peaked, I would pull over and turn off the engine.

srsly, my supra. i look at the oil gauge like every 5 minutes.

you've got a cooling problem then. maybe the fans dont work or your water pump is dying. need that forced airflow to cool the water.

I had like 3 separate issues.

civics dont have oil pressure gauges...
only goes up in traffic? thermostat issue to me then again the previous issues you described with your car over heating it sounded like that thing needed new everythng

>civics dont have oil pressure gauges...
I was referring to the supra

lets not dwell on the overheating, its done for. it needs a new engine.

see the third part of

Just get rid of the fucked temp car, buy a lancer/mirage/colt whatever they're called where you live. Pretty gutless, but the 5 speed in them are pretty strong so you get get the engine up in the power, engine seems to be just as strong. My favourite thing is that I haven't lost traction in them, even with nearly bald tires. Don't know how they go in snow

Maintenance required light is not the cel.

>lefties pierced nips

>itt
>op being a bitch and not taking obviously smart advice

you're right. a scared little wimp couldn't handle a real woman's puss. best leave it for the big boys

>there is metal in the oil, and I think it has a wrapped head.
Then just change the gasket and the head. Getting the timing belt back again is a pain in the balls but changing the gasket and whatever you think its wrong shouldn't be too hard. Besides, you need it working ASAP, right? drop all the oil, take head off, rebuild (if you dont see anything else wrong with the engine), place same head again if it does work, refill oil and coolant, and make sure there are no leaks and there is no leak between the coolant and the oil.

shes probably wearing a bathing suit/panty hybrid, since shes about to be hoe'ing it up in a foam party which leaves you freaking soaked from the waist down

They only answer is sell winter car and buy a Buick LeSabre

>shit car
>cheap
>run forever
>cheap to repair
>nobody gets mad if you treat like the shit it is

Degenerate women -10/10 would not bang

is this better?

virgin detected

.if it's got metal in the oil it's beyond fucked. If it's rusty and the door handles are broken, it's fucked. OP needs to pull his finger out his ass and get himself a tidy daily. I have no idea why he keeps referring to his project car as his main car because it's not. It's a project, if you can't afford a decent daily then you shouldn't be starting projects.

its my main car because its where all my time, and money goes.

I got the civic because I wanted reliability. there are a ton of things wrong with it that are quick easy fixes, like broken handles, but I dont have the time, nor do I really want to fuck with it.

if I wasnt working 50+ hours per week, and spending 2 hours in traffic going to and from work, I would have more time to work on the civic and maintain it.
I'm gone 13 hours per day, what little time I have left I spend on the supra.

took me 2 months to strip it, sand it, clean it, etc.
i'll start looking for a cheapo beater on CL. see what comes up.

sauce?

holy shit that's a beautifully cringeworthy post

Get a junkyard head off a wreck and do a head gasket. Maybe resurface it as well.

Shes not padding you can see her nipple piercings.