TESLA

Why does noone here talk about this fucking car?

It's faster than a porsche and most other supercars short of the bugatti and that needs 1k horsepower to even match it.All while retaining a luxurious interior and technological finesse.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/5/5/11597508/tesla-model-s-70-battery-upgrade-pay-unlock-battery
youtu.be/1Z0_dLVsq9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty good bait.

b-b-but what sound does it make?

> tesla
> 5000 pounds
> 80 grand

They're expensive. They still have their issues. The fanbase is cancer as you have demonstrated. They can't really be corner carvers.

oatmeal pls go

>Literally shit mileage
No, thanks.

If you dont mind the shitty range and charging, sure now is great kit, would daily/10
But its a laptop on four wheels.. who will want a 10 year old computer? and a computer usually doesnt cost 70k

Faster for about 100 yards in a straight line for one pull. The thing is about as fast as a Golf GTI around the burgerking because the steering is apparently numb as hell and everything that can overheat does at about 1/3 of the way through. I want them to bring back the Roadster with all the neat shit they've come up with since they stopped making it.

I'm just biting the bait, but;

> """""Luxurious interior"""""

And it isn't a car that enthusiasts will care. It's just a tech demo.

a tesla is not faster than a porsche it is quicker tho

Sure they're nice cars, but
>heavy, can't run akina without spilling water
>expensive, nobody here can afford one
>no engine = less fun
>no manual, or shifting at all = less fun

Truly the macbook of cars

Complete with on-disc DLC.

theverge.com/2016/5/5/11597508/tesla-model-s-70-battery-upgrade-pay-unlock-battery

>But its a laptop on four wheels
That's what every future car will be. Wake up, dad, it's no longer the 1980s.

>a tesla is quicker than a porsche
Except it literally isn't.
youtu.be/1Z0_dLVsq9k

>ITS SO FUCKING FA...
>wait i need to recharge

>also need to let the thing heat up for top speed
>wait shit the hellfat is already gone fuck

Because its shit...

>hey bro you sure you don't want to buy the DLC on your car?

>Tesla keeps up pace for about 2 seconds
>gone

Combustion engines are very reliable nowadays, and you can always fix and rebuild it.
Electric cars are disposable, just like computers and smartphones, if its broken or outdated, just buy a new one.
>green
That's not very green, and electric power comes from oil anyway
Batteries will lose capacity and power over time, and they are not cheap or "green" to manufacture.
But i'm happy that these people are making oil price crash, that helps, and maybe one day they might be a viable option..

The reason why Tesla's are so fast is because of instantaneous torque. But the faster they go the less power they make. That's why they get raped by their ICE counterparts (after 60 or from a roll race).

I bet the guy in the Tesla was smug as shit for the first 5 seconds and then realised he's just embarrassing himself

>luxurious interior
multiple people have complained about the interior falling apart after a year

what the fuck

>luxurious interior
looks like something GM shat out desu
>technological finesse
The fuck huge tablet in the center looks like shit and it's 100% unrepairable by the owner.

Dub quads

for less than 80k you can get a
Faster car
More luxurious shit
More technological finesse
Less weight
Even if its V12 the gas will never come close to the 80k or more you have to pay for a tesla

Still a pretty expensive overhyped niche car.

Musk is bringing gaming industry tier business practices to the auto industry.

>pre order to find out what kind of car you're going to get!
>unlock your batteries full potential for $4000!

TOO SOON JUNIOR

I've seen videos of model S's beating hellcats pretty easily, why is it losing here?

Because I can buy this for less money will do a 1/4 mile is less time, can go father, can be filled at any gas station.

Whatever car sound effects you play on the stereo.
There was a troll video with some teslafag that got a cop very confused.

They really need to put a two, maybe 3 speed transmission in that's tailored to the power curve.
Well, if they make an all electric supercar. Unless there is a motor that doesn't need it. No idea now that I think about it. Fuck me

>muh 0-60
All it has going at the moment. Still limited in top speed and at a point overtaken by the straight line gods.

It's a step in the right direction for EVs that aren't slow, dull appliances. Looks alright, too.

it is but another step towards Elon's goal of self driving cars. Someday soon, you will no longer be allowed to drive, or because you choose to drive yourself, your insurance will be so stupid expensive you simply can't afford it. it represents everything Veeky Forums is not.

yet is heavy as shit and can't turn and based on an outdated concept. Granted the 8 speed is nice

Ironically it turns marginally better then the Tesla, at least according to that one magazine's tests.

Tesla 3 is my next.

God I hope they add Waze to the navigation so I can report police and accidents and shit.

Tesla is the future and with it and Android Auto we will finally have non shitty LCD screens in our cars.

>Why does noone here talk about this fucking car?
Bruh. I was thinking the exact same thing just now.
Tesla cars are the only cars I care about lol

>And it isn't a car that enthusiasts will care. It's just a tech demo.
Let's see what happens with the model 3.

just look at it, it's terribly ugly

(you)

>They're expensive.
So is a Porsche. Veeky Forums still talks about Porsche
>They still have their issues.
GM ignition recall. Takata airbag recall. Half of Veeky Forums favorite cars have had major recalls.
>The fanbase is cancer as you have demonstrated.
The GT-R's fanbase is cancerous bench-racers who have never driven the car, as Veeky Forums regularly demonstrates.
>They can't really be corner carvers.
Neither can trucks, older American muscle cars, and big plush sedans, all of which get threads on Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums hates Tesla because of what it represents, not because of the actual cars.

Veeky Forums needs to drive the cars Veeky Forums talks about. Tesla stores are very accommodating of test drives, so drive one! I did... The acceleration really felt remarkable. The steering felt a bit numb, but wasn't as bad as an Audi A5. I didn't feel any body roll, and it gave a solid overall ride. It's no sports car, but for a large sedan it was really good, and I'd rank it above 95% of the cars Veeky Forums circle-jerks over.

It's a 4 door sedan with 707 hp. 4,575 lbs isn't bad. Hell a BMW M5 is only 150 lbs lighter and costs nearly nearly 30 grand more.

>Why does noone here talk about this fucking car?
We have several threads per week about teslas. Now fuck off back to whatever tesla fanboy hole you crawled out of

And Veeky Forums doesn't talk about the GTR because it invites shitposters.

Anyone, and I mean anyone you bench racing shit heads, that says the car is slow can suck a big fat one. I'm no fanboy, but i just drove a P90D from 0-80 a few times and there's not a slow thing about it.

Tell me about some other realistically obtainable cars that can accelerate and handle anywhere close to the Tesla. I'd like to hear it.

Why does weight matter if it had nice handling and acceleration exactly?

They don't shift.

Because they're fucking garbage and sound like a segway.

vroom vroom nigger

the model 3 is 35k tho

They really have bad range?

I can't kill myself in my garage by blocking the pipe and smoking the booth's interior
dropped

Cts-v

>Veeky Forums needs to drive the cars
This desu t b h

> world trade center
Why

lol

I don't think they do, it's 305 miles in the top trim in real world testing.

Better than my town car on a full tank. I think most cars are around 300 miles or so.

>t's faster than a porsche and most other supercars

Yeah, in a 0-60 run. That's about it.
I'm not even sure why this thing has such a fast 0-60. Whats the point when it's just going to be someones daily driver.

Reddit: The Car

After tax rebates goy

It's that fast because 4wd traction and max torque at 0rpm

And some people dd cars capable of sanic speeds but they don't use it. Some just want to brag. They're faggots for it tho

I'm talking about the torque feel of full throttle 0-80mph in ludicrous more. A CTS- V would be at stand still, spinning its tires with the same pedal treatment.

It only feels fast because of the weight and lack of noise, the 90:1 or whetever final drive helps a lot too, that's where the torque really comes from. On paper it isn't really pulling that many g's off the line.

yea... 2.7 to 60 ain't fast. It's just adequate.

Have a friend who had use of a P100D for a weekend since her sister works for Tesla. Amazing. Will buy when I need another car.

What's the point of this comparison, the Gigafactory does not stand upright.

maybe 300 miles in the first charge, and its a maybe!
and i bet you a fuel tank doesnt get smaller and smaller every time you refill
in just a few years it will do half as much. And you like Teslas because they are fast, am i right? everytime you step on the accelerator you just spent 50miles range, and everytime you discharge your batteries that fast they "wear" even faster.
As i said, not bad "cars", but they are not quite there yet

Ah yes, that one magazine, the source of every piece of information some 15 year old pulled out of their ass to hate on Tesla

See, the thing is that it has 5 shitloads of torque on the low end but not as much at the upper speeds. This means that it will beat pretty much any

A pathetic attempt to create something.

"The Boeing Everett Factory, in Everett, Washington, is an airplane assembly building owned by Boeing. Located on the northeast corner of Paine Field, it is the largest building in the world by volume at 13,385,378 m3 (472,370,319 cu ft) and covers 399,480 m2 (98.3 acres)."

It's so overkill, it isn't fun any more.

No aftermarket, no available mods etc.

Can electric cars do drifting gymkh-whatever? There is no max throttle and revving and shit.

>how come I cannot buy a 10 year old Tesla and mod it in my garage with my cousin who knows all about V8s and pipes

It would eat the battery way too fast. There'd be heat and range issues.

The battery tech is what's holding it back. It's coming there tho.

Tesla belongs in /toy/

>on disc dlc

>>>/reddit/

Link?

>Pay to unlock battery

Jailbreak when?

Such bullshit.

You also mentioned handling, which the tesla completely fails at compared to its competition. And if all you want to do is use the accelerator pedal like a drunken gorilla pressing a button than sure the tesla is for you, but some of us have developed this increasingly rare skill called throttle control and like to use it on occasion

HOLY FUCK
Stupid motherfucking telsa fanboys
>DURR HURRR LETS COMPARE THE FOOTPRINT OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR ELON'S (HALLOWED BE THY NAME) FACTORY TO THE HEIGHT OF SOME BUILDINGS!
>SO IMPRESSIVE OH WOW YUM YUM MUSK CUM

The car will snitch on you and your software will get reloaded.

>Jailbreak car
>Gets towed the next day

>YUM YUM MUSK CUM

I chuckled

Reminds me of my teen scooter years. I could beat Porsche, BMW, Audi on the first 5m easily, but as soon as we hit 30km/h they were gone.

question is would you suck musk's cum for a tesla?

I would suck musk's cock regardless of the prize if I was given the chance.

They go into limp mode if you drive them too hard, so no.

Veeky Forums doesn't like anything reliable.

>Veeky Forums doesn't like anything reliable.
kek

true

But teslas aren't reliable.

Over time the battery literally loses life. Especially with speed charging used.

I really don't care how well it performs. It's ugly as sin and I love manual gearboxes and ICEs.

They've made electric cars look cool and have gotten people into them which is ok

But they're the ultimate form of "out of sight, out of mind" since they think they're better for the environment since they don't see the pollution coming out of the car itself.

They don't think of the horrendous amount of pollution made by the battery manufacturing process or by the electric charging process plus all of the perfectly good gasoline powered cars that'll be thrown out by the ridiculous anti-gas laws they'll pass in urban areas thinking this is the future.