/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

HABBENING edition

Previous Thread: →

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: with Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without hardware modifications or system transferring hacked DSiWare from a CFW'd 3DS. See the downgrade guide for info on these options. Better options aren't expected anytime soon.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Possiblity for IOSu to released, unconfirmed besides pic related

>Vita
-Homebrew on latest firmware releasing soon
(yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/)

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)#section-ii---injecting-fbi
strawpoll.me/10859318
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oops, previous thread here:

So now that the 3ds has essentially been fully hacked and there's a new entry point for vita available to everyone, will people finally start switching over to the vita?

Monster Hunter Generations legit cia when?

Soon.

Why do you need one?

Only 5 more hours for Henkaku

How exactly do I back up everything so I don't lose my emunand when trying for a9lh tryhard mode?

11.0 and no cfw ;_;
Go ahead and laugh at me. I deserve it.

Have any of you downgraded with DSi games installed and Ambassador status? I'd really rather not format. How big of a risk would it be to just go for it?

Probably so, even though both theme have somewhat lackluster game libraries. Both have potential to become complements to each other if it goes to the point of PSP-tier modding.

this might be what you're looking for
(gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

What do you mean "legit" .cia? Does it matter?

>vita got hacked recently
>might get patched soon

Should I get a Vita now?

How long until I can play Vita games for free

can't install legit cias on 11.0, and im pretty sure the mhg bundle didn't come with the game so there isn't a legit cia for it

>and im pretty sure the mhg bundle didn't come with the game
It did in Europe.

The devs behind it are really hands-off on piracy but don't seem to be taking the same moral highground as the 3DS scene.

They don't seem to be actively stopping it but also won't be having a hand in it.

Even then, why pirate?

Henkaku?

that's just asking for a soft brick right there, backup your saves and stuff and format
of course

I only have an 8 gig card for my Vita. If I start doing to Henkaku hack, will I be able to easily switch to a larger card later?

I am poor and the 16gb card killed me and waiting for sales sucks

>why pirate

Why the fuck are you on /hbg/

>Why the fuck are you on /hbg/
It's my destiny

But still, there's very little reason to pirate on Vita. Wololo, the figure head of the PSP and Vita scene communities, cites PS+, great sales, and decent availability.

I'm not stopping you, just saying.

I would give it six months for the first proper exploit to grant access into loading backups. Devs aren't exactly for or against piracy so it broadens the horizons on the pace on the Vita scene.

How long until free Vita game goodness thanks to this Henkaku hack thing

I asked this in the last thread, but it died.

I installed the DLC pack for Fire Emblem: Fates on CIAngel. When I went into the game, I noticed that a lot of the DLC listed was called "reserved", does anyone know what this DLC is?

I had downgraded my 3DS a couple months ago and haven't used it since then, but I had to install a new SD card and now I'm stuck because the 3DS will turn off as soon as I turn it on. I used the arm9loaderhax.bin test payload on github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting and the A button press test proved successful, but I have no idea what else I should have in my root folder in order to get my 3DS functioning properly again. Is there something like a premade root filepack for those who had already gone through the downgrading steps before but have to use a new SD card?

i got a vita that i dont really use but i still bought shitload of digital games for it. so i dont want to be careless.

what cool shit is there for vita homebrew? since it seems you wont be able to play psp iso's or anything similar.

>since it seems you wont be able to play psp iso's or anything similar.
Wrong, if anything it'll be easier than before once the right people hop on board.

all you do is drag and drop the stuff from your other sd

Alright faggots, I want you to shut up and rate my game collection. Now.

What all will I lose by formatting at this point? I guess I'll have to redownload my DLC and shit since all the stuff on my SD card will be invalid. Speaking of which, why does that happen? It seems really dumb to me that if I have to reformat I can't back up my saves without homebrew.

Also, JKSM just crashes when I try to use it so I guess I'll give SVDT a try.

I totally would if I hadn't lost that SD

FROGGER-KUN WILL YOU EVER JUST stop being so admirable and come over my home so we can play vidya games until the thunderstorm goes away?

the image is still there at the end of the guide anyway

>They don't seem to be actively stopping it
"We carefully designed HENkaku to be as permissive as possible for developers to write homebrew supporting private APIs and the option to bypass sandboxes. However, we also made sure to make it as difficult as possible to repurpose our tools to enable piracy. While piracy is always inevitable, we will not make it easy."

>Actively

I report this image every time, kill yourself/10

everything pretty much but you can just redownload everything for free once you hack it anyway so it doesn't matter

>WE MADE SURE TO MAKE IT AS DIFFICULT AS POSSIBLE
>WE WILL NOT MAKE IT EASY

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
Just follow section 1 (minus copying emergency files from the SD card), section 3 and section 6. If you need to re-inject FBI, use Decrypt9 from a9lh and do it like github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)#section-ii---injecting-fbi (skip step 1 & do step 2 by holding X when you turn your 3DS on instead).

It's one and done on release, once people get to work on it those barriers will be meaningless.

Unlike the 3DS scene where you have everybody and their mom on a vow of silence and (previously) big figures like Roxas75 internally debating how and when to enable signature patching.

>he actually believes this

Too busy preparing to hang myself for when I finally take the plunge to try and get a9lh, only for it to succeed at the cost of thousands of more hours of saves being purged.

I don't think I'll ever play Monster Hunter on the 3DS again if I lose the saves a third time.

>/hbg/ peer pressures me into buying 3ds and using the plailect guide
>do it
>yay
>play games
>most games require use of touch screen for menus and other shit
>can just use the d-pad instead

Wow fucking annoying what the fuck. Cant play Bravely Default and equip shit and what not without having to touch my screen. Gay

How can I avoid this?

The... stylus?

just use your nose

They just say that because they dont want to be responsible for shit like this.
They're leaving the keys for the backdoor right at the entrance for any half decent programmer to grab and unlock.
Better it be some low to mid level mook that enables this stuff then them.

Yo guys, now that the vita is pirated, should i buy one for cheap off of ebay?

I'll believe the free vidya when i'll get it. The Vita scene is (was?) a drama filled shithole, and the few good devs aka the ones who are making HENkaku will not work on backup loading.

use your dick

If it crashes it means it can't do the game in question, .cia save managers are more reliable but obviously you can't use one before downgrading
The reason is unknown but the chance is described as "very high" with dsiware present and high enough in general to disqualify other causes and warrant a warning in the first place.

that's why you keep a copy of a working sd folder on your pc along with the nand backups
you did save the nand backups, right?

buy your damn games

I found a PS VITA online for $106, should i pull the trigger?

Wait for the release to see what you actually get

How do i install DS roms on N3DS?

Sorry if it's a really dumb question, would really like if someone would spoon feed me.

>moralfaggotry in piracy general

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTT

you don't

You dont. Buy an R4i Gold Card for 3DS at nds-cards.com for $15 without sdcard since your stock 4gb in the 3DS is big enough for most NDS games.

I assume you upgraded your 4gb card to a larger one for Luma/A9LH right?

>admitting it

holy shit just back up your saves and restore them after you supreme retard.

Gotta Protectors CIA/QR Code when??

>tfw when sold my new 3ds xl with luma/a9lh for $230
feels good

SVDT is shit and doesn't work however many times I use it.

Have a good alternative?

That, and I'm working on getting homebrew loader access on 11.0. Menuhax works JUST ENOUGH to launch my CFW, but beyond that cannot be used. Homebrew Loader CIA's haven't worked in months, so I gave up and was glad to have the vidya. Until I solve that, no backups at all for me.

You made like a 30$ profit
You can do a lot better

Hell I charge 75$ to install luma/a9lh on people's 3ds
And I charge 60$ for the Wii U

$75? holy shit that's a steal, user. But i guess that's ok since most people don't even know how to turn on a computer.

>$60 for just clicking a link
ebin

strawpoll.me/10859318
strawpoll.me/10859318
strawpoll.me/10859318

Can I install a custom theme with menuhax 3.0 on 11.0? I'm trying to but in menuhax_manager it says
>The theme menu options are only available when the cfg file exists on SD with an exploit installed which requires separate theme-data files.
I'm retarded though so I don't know what any of that means. Can anyone here explain it to me?

But I'll still lose stuff like my friends list and Mii Plaza forever, yeah?

I can understand it not working with Wario Land 4 but it didn't work with Mighty Switch Force 2? Guess I have to give that up. At least I saved my AA5 data.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

>Hacked new 3DS back in January
>Everything was working fine but I have not touched it since early march
>Emunand (Cakes) now doesn't load and I have no idea why.
>I can still get to the homebrew menu though.

What do I do?

How do you upgrade your menuhax from 2.5 beta to 3.0?

Despite all of my best efforts, this shit will never ever change from 2.5

CUSTOM VITA THEMES?

Yeah it's some easy money and I've done it so many times that I can have it done in an hour or 2.

People are fucking retard, might as well exploit it

Replacing the awful main screen music sounds like too good to be true.

I would pay you $100 to install luma / a9lh.

This shit is too fucking complex. I am literally lost as to

>How you get Homebrew entry points working on your CFW

>How to keep tidy filesystems and overall what robpins fucking are, since if I remove one EVERYTHING GOES TO SHIT, but if I keep what I have, I can't exactly fucking use menuhax as an entry point, only an auto-boot

>And more!

100 bucks to get that shit out of my hair FOREVER would be easy fucking living. I'd -love- to pay 100, but poorfag who's paid his bills.

This Nintendo N3DSXL has only become more of a headache since I went down the road of homebrew

What is the benefit of announcing henkaku and releasing it later rather than just releasing it?

You can already do that with normal themes though.

>BUT MONEY
The Dangitronpaul theme for Ultra Despair Girls was free on release and has the main series theme, for example.

Can anyone tell me what's the most recent ps vita firmware, please?

Everyone has time to update to the firmware before it gets patched.

I took the time to download and backup my list of digital games so I can still play them while not having to update my software.

N-no, I'm too shy user-chan...

If I buy any new model of the N3DS they'll all have firmware that's downgradable right?

Thanks.

My MHG was 10.7 so maybe

all are 10.7 and under

I won't be getting a bundle, probably just a plain N3DS. Is 10.7 not downgradable?

Can I play online with an emunand?

read the op
yes

Among the things lost in formatting:

>The link to a Nintendo Network ID and any associated Nintendo eShop licenses and funds

Will I be able to link it back up afterwards or is it locked from my 3DS or something?

I would not have been able to control my laughter even without your permission, user.

>the $7 card killed me

yes you can relink and redownload eshop stuff that doesn't go away

Yes. Infinitely customizable vita themes. Full filesystem access.

Hopefully someone finds a way around the shitty compression on red wallpapers

Well, since we can now put in arbitrary files for our backgrounds, we don't have to let it recompress it, and just use the original file.

Hurry up and register vitathem.es and then fight a losing war against adblockers.

>16gb vita card for $7

Sure in 10 years when prices drop

/gbh/-chan, daisuki~