Rimworld General - /rwg/

Priorities Edition

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)

Please leave any suggestions for th eOP pastebin as replies to this post.

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lcR35Mh6VAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CyEBXTL1Y3U
mega.nz/#!nF4gURQJ!RI1NpHokc2TfhX0THVmTEogugnQYsFagNSgvOx6RXoE
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=733476806
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for assigned workbenches when

Second for thrumbo memery

Third for psychopath OP

thanks for reminding me of that pure maiden

You had one job....

Is it possible to use Glittertech with tribal star or will I get wrecked by any factions spawned by the mod?

fuck wrong link but I guess thurmbos are pure too

Helpful advice and my favourite kind of boobs? Is it my birthday already?

Thanks man. I'm building in hills, but if not for the resources, I'd flee to the plains. I guess my settlement will just have to look like a mess for a while. Pity we can't get some verticality going, as walkways in ramshackle space-colonies are the best.

I take it that separate bedrooms, around a communal kitchen and rec are is the way to go? I made the mistake of initially thinking, "Oh, I'll make sure they have individual houses!" Dumb, dumb move...

>TFW still no Thrumbo GF to majestically vomit for you

>have speshul snowflake russian character
>refugee from injuns comes, its his dad
>dad dude also has russian first name

does the game know

Phi multiplayer server when? I'd set it up myself but I really have no idea how.

that feel when you open an ancient chamber full of mechs

>they have individual houses
I actually quite like this idea, but besides taking loads of resources it would be labor intensive as fuck. Unfortunately, getting more labor means more settlers which means more houses, so I just don't see it ever being an option.

Hey guys check out my bunker complex inside of a valley that will never ever be threatened by an attack and my colonists that I spent 2 hours rolling for. What's that? 2 flame artist with 15 skill and no hauling. Looks like another organ donor XDD I'm so good at this game

>2 hours rolling for
That's not how you spell prepare carefully user

>playing on easy
>very first raid has molotov cocktails
>kills everybody and burns half my buildings

>tfw a fucking Ostrich breaks down a mechanoid wall to escape your base

Has it been updated to alpha 14 yet?

>Unexplained moisture

when someone takes the time to setup server...
thinking if there isn't a need to start out new colony, then we're chill
it should be someone with who has the ability and resource to set it up....
eg: someone with spare server that can be left on and doesn't mind anons knowing its ip

Rimworld story time

>On random character gen, find large artistic man who can't do social and has the pessimism trait. Reminds me of my friend, so I name him Lamb.
>Load game, play game, shit happens, Lamb gets a minigun.
>Lamb has no social, but still wants a woman's caress. Unfortunately, he's picked Ash, who's engaged. Gets constantly rejected but deals.
>large raid with mortars happens, draft everyone and send in the army.
>most pirates are killed, 4/7 colonists injured
>have 3 bed hospital, Ash and 2 others go in there as the worst injured. 4th, Cookie, is mild so he goes to his bed.
>Lamb carries Ash back to the hospial.
>canlovebloomonabattlefield.jpg
>No. No it can't. After placing Ash in the hospital and being freed, Lamb gets food. Eats in the freezer, goes back to kitchen, thinks about it, decides that getting rejected AGAIN by his bleeding crush is too much, decides to murder anyone he sees.
>fuck, he's still got the minigun.
>this actually proves lucky, as the minigun takes so long to set up a shot that everyone who sees him flees.
>he wanders back and forth, chasing people and dogs, finally ends up in the dining room.
>you have to go through the dining room to get to the hospital.
>everyone trying to feed or doctor a patient screams and drops their shit every time they come in. Fucking yakity sax all over the place. No one has gotten shot yet, though, because Lamb is a shitty Heavy.
>Suddenly, Ash, bleeding from six still unbandaged wounds, jumps out of her hospital bed, crosses the dorms, and FUCKING BEATS LAMB UNCONCIOUS WITH HER FISTS
>sickofyourshit.jpg itsoverlethergo.gif
>He ends up in the hospital bed right beside her, no longer insane.
>later set Lamb up on an sculpture table, making art. useyourpain.jpg thisgonbegud.jpg
>he makes this abomination.
>install it at the foot of his bed
>Ash carries it and installs it.

TLDR socially inept artist invents NTR on rimworld
-It's shit.

It's everything I wanted out of dwarf fortress 2.0

again:
what is this colonist bar mod?

I'll see if the computer I used for untg still works in a couple hours

For now everyone in the thread figure out what mods were gonna put on it

You mean Dwarf Fortress .5, right?

>hundreds of tiny donkeys
Oh lawdy.

Give me some mods to play with.

Got 20 hours into vanilla and want to change it up a bit.

Hell if I know. Guess it's something I'm getting though!

Turns out he was an ass man, what can I say.

>Embrasures
>More Trade Ships
>Hospitality
>Less Crippling Moods
>Firearm Names
>Expanded Prosthetics

Standard for a14?

that feel when my Mt weather base is coming along nicely.

youtube.com/watch?v=lcR35Mh6VAQ

going to mine into the southern mountain to create the prison/harvesting compound.

how tame thrumbo?

>A giant pack of Terriers has joined the colony

What should I do with them?

HOW DO I GET RID OF GRASS

THIS IS IMPORTANT HOLY SHIT EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE

Burn it out.

Use the 'cut plants' order. If there's resources, it'll harvest them too. It might be too late though.

Architect > Orders > Cut Plants

Make a fire break. Seriously, if you aren't doing this right off the bat, you've got brain problems.

if you have a lot of animals, set them to graze where you want the grass removed

I do that with wild hogs and bodies

youtube.com/watch?v=CyEBXTL1Y3U

>starting new colony
>game gives me mother, father, daughter for colonists
>all three incapable of "dumb labor, violence"

Welp, here goes.

You can have this Thrumbo if you want

>install pegleg
>remove pegleg

hehe

>captured pirate
>nice skills
>finally will get someone to make statues for me
>caravan child
Into the trash it goes.

this is a cheap copy, not df - moods and personalities dont influence crafts - only skill level and rng do, so there is no need for that.

just set the min max skill levels in details of bill at workshop, max 5 for say making rock blocks and whatever your highest craft lvl is as minimum for weapons armor and whatever else can have quality modifiers.

and use a mod to disable the fucking skill decay, its utterly moronic - i had a base with max pop, constant hunting via manager and 15 was my highest lvl shooter after six years. same shit with no decay - couple twenties in three years.

>It's similar so it's a ripoff
>People actually believe this

I don't give a shit about the mechanics, I want my workers to use the benches I make for them to use.

What's the mods that let you customize your settlers?

Prepare carefully?

I'm a fag and didn't even know this game existed until recently. I never played dorf fort, tho always meant to but i'm lazy and stupid. Would I have a rough time getting into this without that background?
It looks incredible, gonna get it on steam now either way.

Thanks, another question.
Should I install mods from steam or forums?
I'm guessing forums are the first to update right?

fuck off with yer shitposting, the game offers naught that df doesnt gameplay wise, and every feature is simplified when compared to df, not for ease of access but for tynan being a lesser mind than toady.
the game has obvious merits like ui, art, audio, modability, theme and probably most of all ease of access. but it IS a very simplified df clone that would not have come to be on its own.

again, not df, the maps are nowhere near large enough to warrant multiple workshops. unless you are in super late game you will have your proficient crafter or two and the rest. just restrict the tasks on your supercrafter workbench to min skill x while capping the common folk bench tasks at y.

Yes, because anyone who does a game that's been touched on at all by other games means it's a clone.

Piss off, you ugly cunt.

Finally started out game....
With looner adventure guy seemed pretty fun to go with...
Randy storyteller

Randy doesn't seem random at all, getting wreked, one raid after the other
My guy developed an infection after a bunch of wild insane rats....
no one the heal him.... now he is downed....
What are the chances?
And just when

>anyone who does a game that's been touched on at all by other games means it's a clone

>anyone who copies another game while adding a different ui, audio and removing depth

kill yourself you fucking retard.

Cool, go play DF then if it's so much better. Why bother with the inferior clone?

Ah, yes, because this game is Dwarf Fortress.

I mean, ignoring the fact that you're humans in a scifi setting, the codebase is entirely different, it's design process is different, and in short, kill yourself nigger.

I regret messing with the starting parameters.

hello juvenile maximalism, oh how i have not missed you.

ignoring the coat of paint and pattern on a generally identical shape comes easy to me. autism much?

>would not have come to be on its own.
What did he mean by this? I've never played DF before and I love RW

So are you also under the delusion that Battlefield ripped off Call of Duty and Mortal Kombat ripped off Street Fighter?

He meant "Please give me attention I play DF so that means I'm better than all of you."

Why would you make something like this?

battlefield brought scale and vehicles, classes too iirc. and cod ripped off moh, only they did better scripted scenes and introduced iron sights which did a lot for immersion at the time.
fighting games are unique because of characters, movesets and their interactions, plus there is that juggling and combo shit with the breakouts. and at the very least mc brought gore to the table, but i dont know much about fighting games.

now what the fuck did rimworld bring? are the superficial things we both mentioned enough to call it a derivative and not a clone? i say no.

df does all things rimworld only on a much larger scale with much deeper interactions, a good bit of fun is to just read the combat log or item descriptions. whether you like it depends on your tolerance for a poor learning curve, but there is a lot of fun to be had defending against sieges and building self sufficient bases over multiple z levels and making deadly traps which actually work.

it didn't have to end like this...

DF is awsome, but to manage certain things is a pain in the ass. IS not the learning curve is the interface, thats why we need the therapist and the dfhack.

I have to play it again with a very low pop limit. I like to know who my people is.

>fighting games are unique because of characters, movesets and their interactions
MK bringing gore is like Rimworld bringing fancier graphics, if we're going to play the "it's similar so it's a clone" game.

This again begs the question of why you care about RW if DF is, in your eyes, so inherently superior.

or did it..?

I don't like the trap mazes that people build

I like going in tactical, last siege I was outgunned and outnumbered but still won. I rushed in with my sniper to get their attention while they were building, secretly I sent in the rest of my men to their backs and caught them by surprise. 2 melee cunts with shields that were building there noticed us and charged at us, so I unleashed my boar minions to deal with them while the rest of the men fired on them. I sent my grenadier so he can love grenades at their snipers that are behind cover. He hits one of them and they break but by this time the men that were fighting their melees had dealt with them and rushed in to cut their retreat. Everyone is gunned down as they try to run and I claim all their loot. I leave the boddies of the dead to feed my pig minions.

its like a mini xcom.

Grenades and Molotovs are extremely overpowered.

server soon™

discuss mods wanted on it

Mods are allegedly not mandatory but to trade mod only items to people both participnats must share the mod that adds them

gore was not about the graphics - it was something new in fighting games where you directly interact with another player, somewhat "forbidden".
and while df looks much messier with its tileset visuals and nonlinear movement the liquid physics and blood / vomit smearing all over everything are quite the sight.

df doesnt have a proper fast forward button, fastdwarf in dfhack is just a cheat, so these days every time i start a new run i just end up going fastdwarf 1 because of the snail pace and then its an impregnable fort couple hours later.

i for one love building 30 z levels deep chasms under my entrance draw bridges and then checking out which body parts end up where after a caravan wants to leave.

i too had a couple of fun gunfights ALEPPO KOTEL style, but its a shame those are not all too viable considering encounter rate and how much effort the positioning takes. in the end there is nothing better than m24s from behind a sandwall-wall-sandwall line.

I keep getting groups of puppers joining me.

Thanks, Randy!

I usually just pave a huge field with outdoor lights like a big parking lot, while keeping my people safe in the dark behind sandbags and walls along with turrets to just watch them try to charge through the killing field.

>buy 100 fertilized cassowary eggs
>they all hatch
>attack one
>MADDENED : MANHUNTER on all 100

I can't make it cold in my base, for some reason.

I mean warm, but I figured it out. Trying to use the Cooler wasn't a good idea.

>mechanoid raid
>kill them with some trouble
>manhuter muffalo
>more injuries
>mechanoid raid

Can I not get a break ffs

Server is confirmed working

putting together a modpack for all you filthy drm free buyers

If I can't afford to feed my pets, should I just slaughter them?

Anybody know when Hardcore SK or any of those other bigtime overhauls will be updated?

Or sell them.

ok nogs, servers up
first download this if pirate or drm free
mega.nz/#!nF4gURQJ!RI1NpHokc2TfhX0THVmTEogugnQYsFagNSgvOx6RXoE
If steam, can subscribe to this:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=733476806

drm free and pirate extract into mods folder and run. For both pirate and steam, if you want to stay vanilla, enable only CCL and phi.
Pirate will find a textfile called phiserver in game directory, steam will find at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld
Open file and replace whatevers in it with 73.171.215.80.
Run game as normal, in game you should see a new tab near the right that says server.
mod loading list can be found on the workshop link

Too late, I needed more food.

Goddamn....
Was barely getting by as a looner, then this outsider joins out of nowhere, hotbody model... that can do absolutely nothing...... just prances around naked

Anyone gonna join?

not atm, sorry but too late for me

I would but after loading the mods my menu was completely devoid of buttons.

did you do it in the right order?
most are not important but CCL has to be first

Screenshot of mod folder in directory? And if you can mod load order?

>Escape pod
What do

extract the zip into the mod folder

Yeah, CCL is before Phi. I think it's because I'm using additional mods not in the pack.

BLACKED

Aftermath of a siege

Took a bullet to the leg and some bruises on the only guy that isn't even wearing a coat or vest. Also, lost 2 pigs in the fracas.

There were only 2 survivors, worth taking them for harvesting or should I just leave them to die in the snow?

I don't get it how does this work?

do you have steam version or pirate

sell them, really

they're kinda useless otherwise

>train all my animals to Rescue
>they never do