/owg/ - Overwatch General

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tQa3nVqsMo8
youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fun fact: McCree's VA plays a lot of Overwatch.

He likes to say "It's High Noon..." into team chat at random times to fuck with his team mates

That's fantastic

Where's the /owg/ discord?

That's fucking awesome. Imagine saying that in the team speak and seeing people run thinking an enemy mcree is ulting

Damn it's fun to piss off retards on the overwatch subreddit

What are they like? What pisses them off?

Amassed 27 downvotes for saying someone was bad for having trouble with Torb on PC. Which is, yknow, true

Fucking hell, I think someone is bad if they even play torbjorn on pc. What a bunch of faggots

I play offense torb
I hope I trigger you as I murder tanks and make sure we aren't flanked as we push

Nurse Mercy
Judge Dredd Soldier
Underarmor Tracer
Hitman McCree
Cosmic Zenyatta

pls Blizzard

youtube.com/watch?v=tQa3nVqsMo8

Fucking disgusting never post here again

awful

>just ranked up to 69
>accused of aimbotting when they saw my PotM as Dva

I didn't know you could get the same fucking skin in the same fucking crate...

>trying to hit a Lucio bunnyjumping around as McCree

Hitting people who are jumping or when you are falling is janky as fuck

feels good

WHO /DAD/ HERE

Does anyone else have the legion spray unlocked? I never purchased it. Hell I'm not even on pc. It's a nice spray though. If i use it will i be an unpaid shill?

I'VE GOT YOU IN MY SIGHTS

[muffled IT AINT ME in the distance]

Saw some guy get the Cybergoth Zarya twice in the same crate

This reminds me of a dude I knew back in the army. He would whistle IDF sounds during training and fuck with everyone. You see people screaming IDF and hitting the dirt every time.

>cosmic
>not sportsyatta throwing baseballs
grate shame

Widowmaker is my girlfriend.

I will protect her from all of you shitters.

fuck off!!!!

but will you protect her from the memes?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT REMOVE MEI.

I WANT TO BEAT UP WIDOWMAKER
I WANT TO KIDNAP WIDOWMAKER AND BEAT HER UP AND ABUSE HER
I WANT TO BRAINWASH HER TO KILL HER HUSBAND!!!

I've been stuck between 72 and 73 for weeks now

Once I get to 72 I start getting massive gains for winning and nothing for losing, but once I get 73 I start getting piss for winning and giant penalties for losing.

Do I legit need to party up for this stupid fucking shit?

what's the ETA on genji nerfs?

that art physically hurts me to look at
not because she's beaten up but due to the sheer awfulness of the drawing

never because he takes """""skill"""" and is a #playmaker

i feel absolutely terrible because that's what probably happened to my girlfriend (widowmaker) when she was kidnapped :(

Deal, but first remove all the shitters from the game.

It seems to be hard as fuck to level up once you're in the 70s, just because the game has trouble finding people of similar level to match you with, so you end up being the "overdog" all the time. I'm amazed that there are people at 80+, just because that represents such an obscene number of wins.

you'd have like 12 players left

So we remove you AND Mei? Done deal.

There already are Genji nerfs, they're called Zarya, D.Va, and Winston.

Why not git gud and remove her yourself? I pride myself on making life hell for anybody that picks that fat cunt.

I WANT TO FORCE FEED WIDOWMAKER BAGUETTES AND MAKE HER ASS BIGGER

the entire underdog system is just fucking retarded. an average mmr of 1 less doesn't make any fucking difference, yet they gain more on a win

t. genji mains

you could just say "i don't know"

nerfs are coming, bnet forums are a pretty good indicator

thanks for the reminder to never look up the widowmaker tag on tumblr/deviantart. God knows why I would be on those sights beforehand, but now I have even more reason not to

>visiting Brazil
>Brazilians are easily the worst overwatch players on the planet
>realize I can exploit this and get my rank up easy
>tfw laptop and internet connection are too shitty for me to play effectively

>bnet forums are a pretty good indicator

She's fine. What I don't understand is why when I try to use her it takes forever to freeze and enemy, but when she's being used on me I can barely move from the instant she points her gun at me

made a new meme webm for you girls

Canonically, it's implied they attached a bunch of cables to her head and brainwashed her, nothing more.
Realistically, she probably was, and might still be, the Talon communal cumdump.

I thought my eyes were melting.

Jesus that quality is terrible

>genji nerfs
sub rank 30 please go

I totally agree. I'm OK with the system in theory, but they need to make it more than 1MMR (more like 5+, like some of the fucked up matchups I've seen here), and I think they should make underdog gains individual instead of team average, eg. a 45 who stacks with a 60 avg. and does well should gain more, and 65 who stacks with 5 45s and ends up playing against 50s should get less.

>that awful ass art
Lel what the fuck.

my webm maker is terrible

fuck I have a literal headache just from the shitty art

>t. genji mains

sure, keep telling yourself that

It's a shame because with better SFM and voice acting it could be worth a chuckle.
>THEY'RE
*pose*
>RIGHT
*pose*
>HEEEEERE!!!!
*super pose*

or something. But Mercy sound sleepy and drunk, and the other guys don't seem to care.

nth for improvement

>tfw getting good at McCree and Junkrat

43 posts too soon friendo. better luck next time

>its just walking there
>menacingly
It is like a scaly bear man

nth for bofa

>have to stall on watch point
>cant meme it up with my baby pharah anymore
>no idea who to lock because we already have a rein/lucio
>lock mei
>they cap 1 and 2 in overtime
>don't even nake it close to 3
>26-2
God damn mei is op. I didn't even get hit for the better half of the game because her cooldowns sync up so well. The other team was mad as fuck.

>friends keep telling me to download discord
>when the ` button works perfectly fine
Why would I download this if I won't need it

How do we fix defense heroes?

Hard mode: No removing them from the game.

Dante must die mode: An effective buff that doesn't draw tears from shitters who already complain about them.

That 1 second gap inbetween matches. How can you have sweet strats if you can't be talking the WHOLE match?

Post good songs to listen to when playing Overwatch?

youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ

by making them not single-faceted stall machines
its possible to create an area control character without making them completely incapable of anything else

Junkrat is my go to on Attack if someone's already taken Pharah and Lucio.

so, roadhog?

>Junkrat
-gun LMB projectile speed are faster to be similar to Pharah's rockets
-same direct hit dmg, lower splash dmg
-concussion mine cd lowered by 1-2 seconds if it hits junkrat so harambe/dva doesnt dick him so easily

>harambe/dva doesnt dick him so easily

The only way Junkrat should ever die to science ape is if he puts his shield right in front of you and you kill yourself with your own nade.

I almost feel like just giving him move horizontal momentum with the mine jump depending on his angle, like Demoman's sticky jump, would raise is viability a ton.

>That moment you realize you're just as garbage at this game as you are at everything else
Whelp, time to go find something else to fuel my denial for another 2 months.
Any suggestions?

>one of the most casual fps games
>half the characters in the game dont even require aim

???

Still get shit on by players who can aim in competitive.

My usual strategy is to get into a single-player RPG where the point is to get immersed in the world and it doesn't really matter how good you are at the gameplay part. It's impossible to lose at those games and you can make a shitty self-insert and pretend to have a better life somewhere else.
Overwatch only drew me in because I started seeing the waifus posted everywhere.

Maybe the reason you suck at games is because you always quit instead of gitting gud

>implying that isn't the story of my life

What sensitivity do you guys use for hitscan? I'm 800/6 and it feels a bit too high but seems good for Pharah

Speaking of aim, does anybody still feel like something's weird with the sensitivity in OW?

Even after over a month of playing and lots of tweaking settings and stuff, I still feel like my aim is nowhere close to what it was in CS. Something about Overwatch just feels "loose" in comparison to CS's "tight" and consistent aim.

> That thickness

shitty hitboxes and 20 tick

im almost 100% sure theres inherent smoothing/acceleration

It's mostly 20 tick, some of it is lag adjustment for potato connections as well.

this game brings out the best in people

>imbasil

Also, it's a 1 frame buffer game, so you need crazy high fps to maintain smooth mouse polling.

Do this and tell the results:

Go into training ground with these settings and move your mouse.

Set your render scale to 100% and cap your fps.

Next, set your render scale to 50% and cap your fps.

Those go without saying, but it's something beyond that, as says. I feel it before I even take a shot, like just moving my crosshair around doesn't feel as good as in other games.

I'm not garbage, but I always feel like I'm somewhere short of "good." My usual cycle is:
>pick up new game
>get "decent" pretty quickly (That'd be ~60 in OW or MG/MGE in CS)
>Play my ass off for months, and never get above that level
>Life gets in the way, don't play for a few months
>Come back and be constantly frustrated that my physical play can't keep up with my mental play anymore
>Eventually drop game and move on to something else

Thanks, I'll give that a try later. I can maintain >144hz 98% of the time, so I'm not sure if that'll be the issue, but I'll see if maybe trading max framerate for consistency might be worth it.

He means the hackers too, so maybe like 4-5.

Why the fuck do we have 2 threads open with under 100 posts each??

Yeah it feels a bit floaty to me as well

I have 3k hours as scout on tf2 and I am pretty damned good but in Overwatch my aim is much worse

>people using potato quality Discord
>ever

Stay strong, user.

>unlocked the same skin 3 times within the last 5 boxes

STOP BLIZZ. I DON'T EVEN LIKE BASTION, MUCH LESS DAWN BASTION.

Because somebody decided to create another one, like an idiot

>WARIHUM QUWITAK
>Nanoboosted DVA turns the corner
>immediately sleep dart her
>nobody on my team interrupts it
>her team abandons her and we kill her shortly after she wakes up

Ruining ults is somehow even more satisfying on Ana than it is on Roadhog.

>queue into comp, play Lucio
>Genji flanking enemy from behind keeps spamming for heals while I'm with the tank and rest of the group

Nigga will you just go find a fucking health pack? I'm not your pocket slut you Seagull wannabe.