/aog/ - Attorney Online General

End times Edition

>What is Attorney Online?
It's an virtual chatroom/courtroom mix we use to perform improv AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Logic Battles and more!
Come join us on our server, Attorney Online Vidya!

>The Main Reference Doc (contains downloads, rules, faqs and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

>Role Guides
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Last case:

Other urls found in this thread:

aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Mia_Fey
i.imgur.com/SshagZU.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DEBESTE

How'd you know it was me?

Daily reminder the game is still F U N

Just C A S E

Hang in there /aog/

Oh wait, I see, now. You're making fun of my surname and saying that you're the best.

Remember the old times, this game is still precious and dear to you!

Don't feel bad, debesteman.

It's just that Ema is best.

All good things die. I'm sorry.

Sure, AO will obviously die.

But not today.

Not this week.

Not this year!

The game is fine, people are just extreme funposting and falseflagging.

That last thread was possibly the fastest one we had in a long time.

Tell me that when the community isn't imploding on itself. None of these dumb things people are arguing about matter, but it's what's hurting us in the first place; the fact that we think it matters.

I assure you a lot of people last thread were serious, but the game's still alive.

Look how nice that OP is. Why the fuck did we have to turn it into the worst thread in a while?

And now this one is just heralding bad things

TRICK! FROZEN! GATO! RAI! RUMIA!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Baddstealingaloli'sloli.jpg

fuck off trina
i'm sick of your shit

Can we stop talking about how the drama is or isn't killing the game

And talk about fun things

Such as

GREGORY IS LITERALLY THE FATHER OF MIA AND MAYA AND I HAVE REASONABLE PROOF OF THIS

For all intensive purposes I think you are ALL wrong.

In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

So when do we add Sans the Skeleton?

Where do you get sprites that have already been customised for attorney online? (Without me making them myself)

I know this is pasta but this is the written equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard

Go to bed Sundown, you've been drinking again.

How about we all just relax and watch a stream of a nice wrestling case in Area 4?
twitch tv/lawfuldickish

Amazing Ninetails theme when?

You don't have any proof.

Also, I'm going to post an edit of that image, just because.

I have!

Frozen literally driving Trick from the community because of his "muh theatrics"

Then present it.

need the story/logs

Story was posted in the last thread.

Consider the DL-6 incident!

The police decided to seek the help of spirit mediums to solve the case...

Well, isn't this strange? It was very open and shut. Consider this.

>an elevator case (meaning the culprit was very likely someone from inside the elevator)
>suspects are an unstable bailiff man and a 11-year old kid that was also the child of the victim
>gee I wonder who is the killer

There have been cases much more difficult than this, why did the police seek help of spirit mediums in this specific one?

It is quite a mystery, have you ever wondered this?

I believe we can find the answer when we remember two details:

a) Grossberg has confessed to having been involved with DL-6
b) Mia worked under Grossberg at this time

Therefore, Mia was involved with DL-6!

But still, why would she call spirit mediums on such an easy case?

Consider this.

a) Mia's father dies
b) She naturally channels his spirit to talk with him about what happened
c) As we know, Greg thought Miles had killed him, so he explains that to her
d) Both get scared about the possibility the police will find that during their investigation, so they decide to make an elaborated plot to throw their investigation off

And thus Mia convinces Grossberg to convince the lead prosecutor in the case to seek help from spirit mediums. Mia's mother does as planned and lies to protect Miles.

I've always wondered why Miles' mother and Maya's father seem to have disappeared at the same moment...

Why, the answer is obvious. The Kurain village is a place for females. Gregory took Miles with him to the big cities so the females could stay at Kurain and train her spiritual powers.

My theory explains everything, it is open and shut!

>have you ever wondered this?
Yes, because I remembering reading this before!

[penalty noises]

NAN DESU KA?

>Mia worked under grossberg at the time
Stopped reading right there, she was still a kid around that point. She didn't leave the village to become a lawyer untill years later.

Excuse me, but that's wrong! We don't know when she left the village to stay under Grossberg's wings...

Hello?

Hey!

I see that Rise did not get in like I said she wouldn't, has the waifu fags given up on her yet?

Sorry Edgeworth but you do not have any ground to stand on. Unlike you, the perfection of Manfred Von Karma has evidence to back up his statements.

From the offical wiki I present to the court a quote:
>"Years later, Mia left the village and forsook her position as heir in order to become a lawyer and find out what had really happened during that incident."

Of course a link to the statement will be provided to the record as well. It can be found in the final paragraph of the section titled "Early Life"
aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Mia_Fey

And before you question the source I had the baliff take a photo of the source's edit page to claim that the evidence was not "tampered" with in any way, shape or form
i.imgur.com/SshagZU.png

Face it Edgeworth, your "theories" cannot help but fall flat when it come to the evidence. Your honor I motion for a verdict at once!

>Nagito players

So much for that perfect record.

I replied to the wrong lawyer. A simple mistake as my wife had forgotten to pack my contacts along with my lunch. However this matter will be settled in a seperate trial on a seperate day. Regardless it does not change the facts of this trial at hand nor tarnish my perfect record boy.

Trick, you could start by not demanding that everyone ask your permission to play a character. That would help with the image a bit.

IF THEY GONNA BAN THE CHARACTER SANS THEN THEY GOTS TO BAN THE CHARACTER L AND INFERNO COP BECAUSE L AND INFERNO COP IS DISRESPECTFUL AND DEGRADING TO ALL OUR PLAYERS, AND LAST I CHECKED, THERE'S A HELL OF A LOT MORE DEATH NOTE/INFERNO COP REPRESENTATION OUT THERE THAN THERE ARE UNDERTALE, YOU MEMELOVER' KEK!

Sans lost the poll, nobody has to ban him.

My sides.

Why are we still going in Area 4? Why do we continue to suffer in this damned courtroom?

The "mistrials are bad" meme

I am trying to hurry the judge, but Athena keeps trying.

>nor tarnish my perfect record boy.
You missed a comma, too. You're getting less perfect with every post.

Mistrial literally means that the trial has failed.

I'm new to AO and all 3 cases I've seen have fallen apart at witness 2 some way or another. Am I unlucky, or is this just the norm?

Witness 2 is where a lot of cases fall apart. Usually results from the defense hitting a wall, the witness fudging something up in the testimony, people getting tired after hours of casing, or some combination thereof.

Man, I remember times when we had 3 witnesses. Now we can't even get to second one.

Fuck Badrock

Witness 2 is make or break time.

There's too many witnesses out there who think complexity = quality in their testimonies.

Or Valants and Nagito.

Area 2, desperately need steno.

Cases should not last 9 hours. I hate how most detective CEs take an hour to and hour and half because defense take their time asking all these questions.

30 mins is all you should need for det, hour for 1st wit, hour for 2nd wit, and if there's a third wit, hour for them, then factor in another hour for final boss if there is a final boss testimony.

This user has the right of it.

With witnesses, think back to the actual games. Testimonies are 5-6 lines long. These lines are all brief, and can each be said in a single breath. The contradiction directly contradicts the evidence or a prior testimony, and if you remember the evidence and testimony it should only take about half an hour at a real stretch to find a contradiction. In the games, you ask witnesses to repeat their (relatively) short testimonies over and over, while rereading evidence and thinking about the witness before and the case in its entirety.

Cases were much closer to the games' flow when we first started, this is just a fucking disaster. Evidence is usually fine, but witness creep is happening. People are trying to be too clever, and inflating their original testimonies. You start with a short testimony, the defence asks questions, and THEN it becomes larger. Not large, the defence asks questions, and you suddenly have a three page fuck hueg testimony monster that nobody can quote exactly word for word off of the top of their head without looking at the doc.

Only once you're on your last testimony - your final boss testimony, not the preliminary, should you start with the subtle shit. Not with first, and most of the time, not on second. Only when you're on your last legs and in "Oh, but take a look at this bullshit! Can you survive the horror?" final boss mode.

In short, don't overthink testimonies, make sure you actually have a contradiction (don't just wing it), and keep it short to start with - it will become inflated with questions. Your testimony should be written so that you can preempt the questions, be they joke, pointless or serious, and add it later to your testimony.

I think that because the witness guides were written during the 5-6 hour hayday, they encourage that behaviour subliminally.

This desu

Based. Finally someone moving the focus on our main problem.

This, my nigga

Pardon my language, it's really late.

Anyway, I'll give an example. Here's my example testimony. Q and A stand for question and answer. I might write up an actual example testimony tomorrow, maybe.

>Line 1: I posted on Veeky Forums all night last night.
Q: Do you really etc
A: yeah sure senpai, etc
Everybody laughs and has a good time. It doesn't take longer than 15 seconds.
>Line 2: It's usually really fun.
QA, They're going to ask why it's really fun, probably. More flavour text if you do get pressed. If they skip, good on them for knowing it's not essential. If they do press, you have a chance to do some witness acting, and everyone can have a good time. Again, it won't take longer than 15 seconds.
>Line 3: But last night, people were talking about eyesockets, so I couldn't sleep!
QA, rinse, repeat. Add more flavour text, or link back to evidence to make yourself seem credible - but if you're not the guilty party, make sure it makes sense with the evidence. Don't be wrong about evidence just because, unless you and the other witness know what you're trying to do. You shouldn't pull useless stunts, even if you're the guilty party. If you're Ron, you can be wrong once or twice, sure, but you do need a proper version of your testimony written up alongside it.
>Line 4: On my way to bed I saw the defendant carrying a bloodied document with lots of dirty writing on it!
Here's where you've incriminated the defendant. If they ask what it was, you point to the [bloodied document] and stick it on the witness. Either this or 5 is your contradiction in this example.Don't do two, unless one's minor.
>Line 5: I'm pretty sure it was the defendant.
QA, Say why you're pretty.Your statement begs the question. But you could be wrong. Perhaps the defendant wasn't as they were detained, or something else was off about how you saw them, and that's your contradiction.

They might repeat the testimony, but that's the game. Be like the blue emperor scorpion - to the point.

Let me give you an example of how this would go in a case, fampai.

>I posted on Veeky Forums all night last night
Def: HOLD IT! Why did you do that?
Pros: OBJECTION! Relevance?
Def: Trust me, it will all become clear.
Jud: [2 minutes of back and forth later] Alright witness just answer the question

>It's usually really fun
Def: HOLD IT! Fun? What do you mean?
Pro: Can we move on?
Wit: [LORE]

>But last night, people were talking about eyesockets, so I couldn't sleep!
Def: So you had no alibi?
Pro: OBJECTION! [Explains everything the witness could have done instead of just letting the witness speak]

>On my way to bed I saw the defendant carrying a bloodied document with lots of dirty writing on it!
Def: HOLD IT! Are you sure you saw this?
Wit: Yes
Def: Are you sure that you're sure?
Wit: Fucking yes.
Def: OBJECTION! The detective never said the writing was dirty!
Pro: OBJECTION! You never asked!
[4 hours of back and forth]

>I'm pretty sure it was the defendant.
[Never gets pressed]

By the end of it all, your testimony will have 10-12 lines of text TOTAL - 5-6 to begin with, and 5-6 more IF they press on all of them, and only three or four will be important, along with some gleaned facts of the case. No 20 line question and answer electric boogaloo, where everything has fragments of events and case knowledge in it. It will fit on half a side of A4. I've done it, trust me.

You can also ad lib, so long as it's inconsequential. By no means treat it as a script. Only your contradictions and facts are scripted.

Lastly, please remember that witnesses are not bonus detectives. You give very little facts of the crime, you change them in subtle ways that can have big effects.

You may be skeptical, but I've read three 3-4 hour cases that had witnesses writing in the same way, as well as my experiences witnessing all ending the same way. Now, the people witnessing after and before me might have taken hours and been really unsatisfying to listen to drone on in those cases , but that can't be helped.

And that counter example is trite.
>Jud: [2 minutes of back and forth later]
The first witness would be half an hour, worst case scenario. If the prosecution blocks things, what should take a fraction of a minute will take two, but it's really not of any consequence when we regularly have 8 hour cases.

But yeah, I'm not getting into an argument in the thread, I'm going to bed. Take my 5000+ chara walls of text advice or leave them and suffer increasingly long cases.

>[Never gets pressed]
Oh you, everything even remotely prompting gets pressed.

Anyway, good night.

Bear in mind that you can modify your predetermined line to say it anyway. It's kind of a common sense trick, but some witnesses like to waste time by waiting until they're asked specifically about things. Remember that hold it is a press to speak more about something. If you wait forever for a specific question, it may never show up. The defence is not going to make a case based on what you say, but the conclusions drawn from it.

At the end of a case, they should be saying
>assertion
>the witness and the evidence combine to show this chain of events
not
>point x
>regurgitate line
>this shows my client is innocent! Ayy, just like Phoenix Wright!

What actually happens, is this, if you've ever witnessed properly, and not 8 hour styled it,
>Def: HOLD IT! Are you sure you saw this?
>[You wanted them to ask about the state of the document, which is a contradiction, but the defence's wording on their press is kind of shambolic. You could waste everyone's time, or you could just tell them what's behind the press like a normal person and how they do it in the games.]
>Wit: I saw the defendant go upstairs, holding the document.

The conclusion they derive from that is, which should be easily reached once they realise it's a contradiction, the document was found bloodied on the ground floor, but the defendant was seen carrying the note upstairs. In this case, it makes it doubtful the defendant is the true culprit, but because they're seen touching damning evidence, and as of the first witness, still the only damnable person on the scene, still pretty likely they did it, but it *will* be valuable later. Not forgotten a la 8 hour case. This is how they do it in the games. They'll press everything else they need information from, and you'll then be told to shoo.

Witness comes right after current lead def in terms of difficulty, it seems, because lots of people manage to engineer cases to take an eternity. Now I'm really going to bed, because I'm dead tired. RIP

dumbass

What's wrong with it?

Literally nothing. That was a doc for steno access.

Witnesses betta know

>Only your contradictions and facts are scripted.
Witness here.
This shouldn't always be the case. Yes, I believe your contradiction should be in your intial testimony.
But sometimes either:
a) The defense doesn't see it. or
b) The defense objects to something completely different in your testimony.
I think the best witnesses are those who can adjust quickly to both scenarios without spoonfeeding the defense or railroading the case into a certain direction.
So in a nutshell. Don't hide your contradictions behind specific questions or excessively hint towards your contradiction wink wink nudge nudge.

But the most important part is: EXPLAIN YOUR CONTRADICTION.
9/10 witnesses, if they even have one to begin with, either go "Well I don't know" or "Testimony B time!". Here it is important to note that you testify for the prosecution. So you should never talk over them, or do their job for them.

Here's an example.
The last time I witnessed (which was some time ago) I was Terry Fawles who desperately tried to be a 'hero'.
In my first testimony (which was roughly 5 lines) I said I saw the murder happen, but some details were off, which implied I basically stumbled across the scene either before or the murder happened. Or something else.
Now there happened to be a piece of evidence (a broken mirror) which I totally forgot about. And the defense pointed out that I never mentioned it, so they objected.
So on the spot, I explained how I ran into the mirror as I tried to apprehend the killer, breaking the mirror and causing me to lose consciousness in the process.
My "planned" contradiction had to do with abovementioned details that were off in my testimony.

This way you explain your contradiction and pave the way for the detective or a 2nd witness without forcing anything or making the defense 'throw out' the witness because they're going nowhere and the case is dragging on and on.

Bumping.

One of the worst feelings as a witness is when the defense whispers to themselves "do you see it?" "yes" and they're nowhere close to your planned contradiction.

Area 2? If so, sorry, I really shouldn't be defending at this state I am in.

No, I'm not in area 2 right now but that's just a testament to how common it happens.

It's so hard to witness without spoonfeeding due to the sheer amount of bad DAs

someone requested this, so just showing off a character I made a long time ago.

Don't worry, I have no intention of polling to add it unless people REALLY want it (which I doubt they would)

Please, I don't need even more arguments why Athena is a shit character mary sue.

Athena is amazing. The Mary Sue faktards can go dick themselves, Athena simply does not qualify.

Athena doesn't even have C-cup breasts. B-cups. MODEST b-cups, at best.

I don't know if that's meant to be a bad thing?

If not Athena, maybe Kirigiri

well, sure, but I've only thus far made 11 Kirigiri MM emotes

Bumping again.

I've been here for ages and trina is a literally who to me

If you mother fuckers don't read all of this then you're part of the problem.

Read nigga READ.

DAs on average aren't bad. They just aren't exceptionally good to be able to handle the current case meta.

E M A
M
A

hello is this the ema thread
why skyes are (fey+100)x10 better than feys?

the ema thread begins at this exact moment

>Skyes can't into grammar or punctuation.

Skyes don't even show their feet, there's no way they can be the best.

Grammar and punctiation are arbitrary concepts.

>not liking combat boots

Gotta have those combat boots to hide those skye hobbit feet.

Nor was the correct word i wanted to use in that statement. Also a comma is not needed as the sentence was not meant to pause at any moment. Stick to the class trials for now my child.