Hey Im buying my first car with a budget of ca $35k

Hey Im buying my first car with a budget of ca $35k
Ive narrowed my choice down to BMW 220i coupe, BMW Z3 or a smaller engined newer 3-series
because im probably ending up buying a 2015 model i cant have a big engine because of budget
so
220i (2015) vs 320i vs Z4 (2012)

Other urls found in this thread:

m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=190111
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

220i if it was me.

trip dubs, feels good man
wondering which of these cars would be the biggest chick magnet

z4 would be 2,0 liter 186? bhp and 220i would be 180-ish too and both do 0-100kmh in 7 sec

Get an E46 M3.
You have no reason not to (besides age and m-msubframe).

i want to get an older m3 but theyre probaly very expensive to upkeep in the long run, who knows how hard they have been driven

>x20i
Sucks to be a yuropoor

im not even working yet, im just a student
my dad is buying me a car for finishing my bachelors degree

So shut up and get an old twingo.

Significant other has an E46, yeah its a bit more expensive but not much more than your average 3 series especially if you get one in good condition.If you get one with a rear subframe issue however, which you wont unless youre too retarded not to check the shock towers of the car before buying, youll end up like pic related.

Worst advice ever
>probaly very expensive to upkeep
Try insanely expensive. Hope you like doing repairs every second weekend.
320i is awful, people will laugh at you for driving one. Z4 is good but if you're getting a 2012, just get a 2013. 2013 has the LCI update. LED rings and tail lights motherfucker. Huge pussy magnet. But you only have room in the car for one girl.

220i is literally pointless. The 2 series is the only driver's car left in the lineup, don't get one with a weak ass engine.

>checked

>first car
>european
>no job
Gonnahaveabadtime.jpg

Shut up misleading poorfag. The maintainance is really, really not as bad as youre making it out to be, and the only maintainance you'll have to do is only possible the rear subframe, water pump if you get a bad one and tyres.

no ill be starting work by the time i get it
i posted earlier its a gift for finishing my studies

For 35k you can get a very good low mileage M3. You can even get a decent one for 25k and leave 10k for mods and repairs

But as it's your first car your insurance will probably be expensive

>the only maintainance you'll have to do is only possible the rear subframe, water pump if you get a bad one and tyres
Not sure how avoiding moneypits makes me a poorfag but nice simpleton logic. Have you even owned an E46 M3? Literally any owner will tell you they take a lot of work. Delusional people like you, on the other hand... think the older bimmers are indestructible and literally the best cars on earth. Parroting the same thing like "meh its just a water pump, cooling system and subframe thing. after that nothing can possibly ever go wrong on a 150k mile 15 year old german car"

Implying a subframe "fix" and water pump are a simple cheap fix found in aisle 4 at crappy tire. Your the one that is misleading, im assuming you doint do your own work on it or you dont foot the bill for the matience. Its like me saying my s4 is reliable and simple to matain, you just need to do the timing chains and steering rack on it. (With each repair going north of $3000 each just parts alone)

Here's the recommended e46 m3 maintenance, decide yourself op. m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=190111

Most of the M3's have the subframe done by now
It's quite rare to find one with a fucked subframe nowadays
It's a different story with Audi S4's, especially the B6 generation, one of the most expensive to upkeep german cars you can buy

>s54 water pump
>not simple

Out of those two: the z4.
But I think you should buy the first generation z4 3.0 265 HP.
I will probably buy it next summer. Also, it comes in both coupe or cabrio.

>rewarded a 35k car for just finishing his bachelor
am jealous

>tfw dad bought my car too
>with his life insurance policy

:(

Oh i know the matience on them...i own one but also of the more uncommon ones in canada so as much as i hate owning it i know i cant let it go (there are actually more lambo Gallardos registered here than s4 avants lol) even more so with this being 6mt and the noargo blue Alcantara interior. Back to the m3's tho you will be surprised that quite a few are still out there with the rear cracks not fixed (ive seen 3 sofar in Ontario when i was looking at them as a weekend warrior with the cracks clear as day and the owners looking at me like i was bulllshitting them.

Lol fuck i can fill a library off all the shit ive had to fix/update in that wagon. Ive replaced the the more prone bits with heaver duty bits i.e all the drive train and motor mounts and clutch bits (pressure plate from the b7 rs4's for clamp load) (the oem snub mount is a absolute joke its literary a peice of foam on a small finger coming from the block that crumbles within 2 years of installation (replaced it with a urathane block and custom bracket)

what is it with people and their urge to spend right up to the ragged edge of what they could ever actually afford

the insurance will be as much if not more than the monthlys provided you get a three year loan

For my s4 it was quite the opposite. I had a 1996 honda accord before with the minimum coverage and was paying about 170$ a month. When i got the s4 avant with full coverage + glass and some other perks for 90$ a month. I think it was because my company based the auto risks at statistics on how many times they get dinged with x model the rates go up for that car. luck for me as there were less than 20 (it could be less than 15 but i forget the exact number) registered 2004 b6 manual s4 avants in ontario, the numbers were in my favor.

First off, don't get a base BMW. The engines are really anemic.

Secondly, don't get the new 3 series. Drove one last week and the memes are real. The steering feel is literally non-existent (I'm not exaggerating).

Get an M235i at the least if you're getting a newer car, otherwise get an older 335i or M3.

Looks really good though. Best audi colour imho.
The S4 timing chain failures sound too scary though
Used to have an A4 wagon, 2.5 turbo diesel, also dark blue, pic related

Thanks, im currently experiencing the "flake" tho, i.e where the paint is lifting away from the body in spots, as a temp fix till i get around to doing a paint job (i.e till i find a shop around Toronto with a good rep to get a quote, for some reason the biggest shop paff autosport wouldn't give me a clear number ballpark/the lady was reluctant to let me book a date to drop off the auto) as a temp i have been sanding the areas and using a zink primer/black gloss to protect the metal from corrosion. I never had any major timing chain issues as of yet (270000 km's on the clock) but when it does ill probably either finally let it go at a bargain, swap a lower miles v8 or swap a ttv6 from a b5 s4. I would do a 20v 5cyl in a heartbeat (for the sake of why not) but the engine bay is too cramped to shoe horn one on without cutting the sub firewall or stretching/ cutting the front rad and bumper mounts (out of my budget/current tooling).

>wondering which of these cars would be the biggest chick magnet
Well, you're fucked kid. Chicks don't care unless its actually pretty expensive.