Best "SHTF" Vehicle?

The apocalypse is happening. People turning on each other. You need to get out of the city.

What vehicle do you want in your garage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6_M_TzGBZaE
youtube.com/watch?v=694t2WDGKLE
youtube.com/watch?v=8T6_bpLwTrc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dual sport bike with large fuel tank and spare gas cans

something like a beetle or C2V with body parts removed to make it lighter

nothing american

Japanese dual sport bike or Volvo 240 on 6" lift with 34s

honda cub

OUTTA MY WAY

easy

Suburban with a Cummins and 1 tons.

Too many people think of one aspect and then focus on that single aspect while ignoring every other aspect.

What exactly do you plan on using this for? Scenic vacations?

Why?

Not enough storage.

>needing a radiator
just another thing to break
plus, the C2V was designed to move french farmers around their fields
it would be perfect for where I live

>The apocalypse is happening.
The type of apocalypse determines the type of vehicle or even non-vehicle. Zombie? Biblical? Plague? Alien Invader? Ragnarok? Or did another Bush become president again?

>You need to get out of the city.
I want an Autobot. But since those are not available, you basically forced me to get some sort of offroad sport bike with multipurpose tires good for both street and off-road. There's no way a car will make it thru all the blockades. It will need the ability to carry extra fuel containers. The bike needs an extra quiet muffler and a switch to turn off its running lights and lit displays.

I WILL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME

WITNESS ME BROTHERS

This with a built 351 Windsor and the 4x4 drive train from an F150

Could also get a 3" lift kit on it since the duallies add stability

A sail boat.

I am one step away from piracy so I should fare pretty well.

>tfw you and your crew mates boarded a boat from.a neighboring island and threatened them with cutlasses because they were being dicks.

Fuck Martinique.

Enjoy never being able to approach land again

small timers. the lot of you

What about long term matanance? Import parts will probably be harder to get a year into the apocalypse.

>Fit in your garage

U sir buggered up.

Motorcycle would be the best option to get through the inevitable gridlock of everybody trying to get out. Don't need a car for storage since I got a place to bug out already.

Fierro with body kit

well, that is a valid point. then again, the Kirov actually has a "garage" on it. for helicopters

Deuce and a half and a posse of nuggets

You can not survive on your own.

i live on the biggest set of lakes in the world i would get a houseboat

Better to need a radiator and have one than need one and not have one.

Nothing. Bug in.

>drives over land and water
>can be repaired with a box of scraps
>you can actually drive it in prone position to avoid gunfire
>everybody will be too confused to fire at you anyway

lel you people putting 40'' tires on stock production vehicles. What are you going to do when you snap a axle? It's not like you can go to a mechanic or order shit online during a SHTF scenario. You're going to need something purpose built to survive rough conditions. A Wrangler with 40's is not.

I'd turn one of these into a motorhome.

Not a good idea, Dakar trucks are tough, but they are built for performance rather than long-term reliability.

>best shtf vehicle
>open door jeep
Pick one and only one.

Toyota Hilux 4wd with mechanical pump turbo diesel. 100 liters of extra fuel and spare tires in the back, possible exoskeleton roll cage and sufficient lights.

Heh if shit hits the fan and i need to get away from people a vehicle is the last thing i want they make too much noise and they break down, I'd just need to go some where, where they can easily get to

If people are dead and people aren't really around a crown vic would be the best option parts are literally every where and they can go over curbs without a problem and just keep going

Idunno. I guess I was just thinking you can drive anywhere. Don't have to stick to paved roads. Dirtbike is probably better though.

>Toyota Hilux that transforms into an exoskeleton

You're better off making a hardcore off road Samurai or Amigo, much smaller and can hit trails like no other.

WITNESS HIM

Dual-sport motorcycles are great for running away into the forest but also still going fast on the open road.

With a dual-sport on the back for when arrived at safe destination.

And terrible at:
>transporting large amounts of food, fuel, water, or materials
>protecting you from the elements
>protecting you from animals
>protecting you from pedestrians
>protecting you from small arms fire
>performing well in inclement weather
>camping in/on/with

What exactly are you planning on doing once you get into the forest other than being eaten up by mosquitoes, attacked by a bear, and then freezing to death?

I would head to a small, isolated town with access to fresh water and shit, and sell them my skills as a mechanic and town guard in exchange for shelter.

>look bob, another guy claiming he can work on stuff
>we can work on our own stuff, let's just kill him, take whatever he's got, and feed him to the dogs
>sounds good to me bob

I got something perfect for that

>putting a Roadmaster Wagon on a Suburban frame

Why not just stick with the Suburban?

You said society was just collapsing, not that everything was completely fucked already. Something that can avoid the inevitable traffic jams and cut through the woods is ideal.

so much want

>thinks society will stay mid-collapse forever
>SHTF = traffic jams for a day or two

If society were working the way you seem to be thinking it would, then it would not be collapsing.

Technicals are more for /k/, but I have a shithuge folder so fuck it.

This will take a while.

Not posting all of them, but there are many that I think are top of the food chain as far as shitty technicals go.

He;s not wrong

fpbp

500 mile range, 50mpg
Can run on 85 octane
Can go places a Jeep can't
Can repair flats on side of road
Carbs, two plugs, no EFI or computer shit

But yeah a Jeep if you need to carry passengers or carry a ton of shit.

time to get comfy

Proven SHTF vehickle right here

>shit only the military has access to

How about a dirt bike and Jerry cans

definitely not that piece of shit.

I'd be pretty confident with my Nissan Xterra PRO-4X. Nothing crazy, but pretty damn capable.

American but its gotten me through alot of shit including -40c in 4ft of snow

ive worked on a few Delica, i love them but christ you feel like youre gonna tip over on a sharp turn lol

even a gasoline one, i took the entire drivetrain out of this thing and swapped it out in a few hours with less than a dozen tools

diesel 4x4 truck probably. So probably opting for a diesel hilux or l200 or both.
You have more chances of brewing diesel at home than refining petrol.

>internal combustion powered vehicles
>SHTF

enjoy running out of gas and alerting everyone of your pressence

Can't carry gun, ammo, food or water. Enjoy getting ass raped and then eaten

>carry
where are you going to carry them?

the best idea is to live inside a fortified basement, why would you ever want to take all your supplies with you

yeah, fantastic idea to go through a town with all your supplies and letting everyone now you are passing through bro, enjoy getting robbed or killed

lets say you have all your ammo, food, and water with you and your car runs out of gas or leaves you stranded in the middle of a suburb, everyone will go after you

if you instead just carry a rifle, some bottles of water and a couple of magazines you can cover a lot of distance without being noticed, specially at night

you can easily carry the animal you just hunted in a stroller like pic related

>Delica
ma nigga

Nigger, what?

lol @ all the people saying "diesel this" or "diesel for sure"

diesel fuel is uncommon compared to gasoline, and most gas stations will have a much smaller supply of it compared to gasoline

by the time you've started your roaming about in your SHTF vehicle, 90% of the diesel will be spoiled from environmental factors or used up by people driving giant war rigs

get a small 4 cylinder SUV like a RAV4 or a CRV, it's got AWD, storage, relatively quick, good on gas, is very reliable, and can be lightly modified and upgraded as needed

it's a bad idea to go with something really old because "it's simple and easy", largely because parts for old cars are gonna be rare

you're better off with something simple and modern, you can easily yank a MAF sensor out of a common vehicle like a RAV4, but good luck finding a new distributor cap for your 40 year old truck

Time to get fucking tipped over and rolled down a hill nigga.

what is biodiesel for 500 alex?

Something that will be even harder to find/make than regular diesel when SHTF

Two schools of thought in a SHTF situation: you bug in (which you're talking about; this is a legit strategy if you CAN stay put) or you bug out. We're talking about vehicles, which implies bugging out. A capable offroader is going to take you further and faster than a bike. That said, I'm taking my bike with me in my pickup if the dookie should ever find its2 way to the proberbial fan

So you'll have electricity and a refinery to create biodiesel? Because biodiesel is susceptible to spoilage in a number of ways. Unless someone has the foresight to stockpile the fuel and add stabilizers to maintain it, anything you come across in 6-12 months time will be partially/fully shit.

If ANYTHING, a car that runs on ethanol might be the best bet, because you don't really need modern refining equipment and facilities to create alcohol. Sure it'd take a fuckload of time to create a good enough batch to power your vehicles, but it'd be something.

Uh vegetable oil you retard? Clean cooking oil? This is shit you can do yourself.

One of these brush breaker trucks, just take it and drive straight through the woods.

youtube.com/watch?v=6_M_TzGBZaE

youtube.com/watch?v=694t2WDGKLE

oh god not this meme again

yes user stuff your gas tank with old fryer oil tell me how it runs

:^)

Yeah, and in the happening it's going to be in short fucking supply or did you not consider this?

So what exactly is that thing doing? Any vehicle like a truck or jeep is still gonna have its guts ripped out by all the shit that thing DOESN'T tear down, and that pathway is still too jumbled and fucked for people to traverse. If anything it's made it more difficult, because now people have to walk on top of these half-bent trees and shit, instead of just walking between them.

P.S. Napalm called, it says your truck is a bitch nigga.

youtube.com/watch?v=8T6_bpLwTrc

Having dark ass windows would be very helpful

>Nissan Xterra

You'll be dead in a week.

>steel armor
>Auxilarry lighting optimal for night driving
>jap reliability superior to that of a Jeep
>fully sealed unlike a Jeep

pls explain what is wrong with that

>live in iceland
this is considdered normal vehicle

more icefag

>Implying anybody with a brain doesn't immediately get of the d44/d30 on their wrangler

I wouldn't choose a wrangler though. I'd go with a pickup truck. I'm thinking 4.0 stick shift ranger. They're decent on gas 18-22 mpg although with a loaded bed, bigger tires, regear, and lift it'd be less. They're small, which means more places it can go, although with front IFS and the biggest suspension lift for 00-11 being 4 inches, maybe it would be smart to go with an OBS f150 or 250. Also, since it's a pickup you can keep a dual sport in the bed for when the truck can't get where you're headed.

Aside from them having glass transmissions, people who drive Xterras are universally known to be gigantic faggots. As such, my spotter and I will be targeting people in Xterras almost exclusively within the first few days of shit hitting the fan. One round from an M82 through the windshield and into your sternum will put an end to the faggotry which plagued the Old Times.

You will be cleansed you mallcrawling faggot fuck. There will be no redemption for those without PARTY MODE.

>live in Iceland
>civilized world comes to a screeching halt
>nothing changes in Iceland

you guys will be just fine, you already live like debased heathens

>having glass transmissions
>thinking it's an 05-08
>thinking it's even an auto

kek

>thinking any of that matters when you still lack PARTY MODE

The earth will be cleansed of your filth. We will usher in a new era of reliability and ruggedness. We WILL restore party mode.

But you will not live to see that day.

My ole XJ

Leave the city and Diesel reigns supreme. 1-3million people trying to leave your city and what are they going to try to fuel up with? Gas. Diesel is for truckers and farmers. I don't think 3 million truckers and farmers are going to run out of your city seeking shelter from whatever disaster there is.

>party mode

I have a party mode adjustable knob on mine

if it's not a diesel, you're doing it wrong. few have diesel in america so people won't be scavenging from transport trucks

get a diesel patrol or mitsubishi pajero. things are roomy as fuck and can off-road from the factory

you should look at us now. we've finally catched up with america and europe after being stagnant from 2008 and now we're passing everyone else because the lack of kebab and niggers in our country

>oh boy a farm full of diesel
>gets shot half a mile from the farm by some insane old coot who has spent his lifetime avoiding society and shooting things

Yeah OK faggot maybe you could offer to suck his dick for a thimble of diesel.

Yes, but your growth still depends on a globalized economy. If Europe and America fail too hard, you're fucked too. Everyone is. The only thing you guys really have going for you is the severe lack of social problems stemming from mudslimes and dindus, for which I am envious.

>tfw Canadian
>tfw we import filthy arabs by the boatload
>tfw we displace our military members to house these foreign lice
>tfw native indians do nothing but bitch and hate everyone
>tfw asians now refusing to assimilate at all
>tfw the french keep stirring up shit for no reason
>gays and trannies and shit all over the place
>dindus growing in numbers and influence