Seriously, how can a premium brand like Mercedes green lit such a garbage ass cockpit...

Seriously, how can a premium brand like Mercedes green lit such a garbage ass cockpit? You pay 2000 - 3000 bucks for a navigation system and it looks like someone placed a Tom Tom for 150 in there.

Audi did the same with the new A4

>modern mercedes
>not complete shit
If only

they want you to buy the more expensive ones

>pay 2000 - 3000 bucks for a navigation system

I've never understood why people do this when 99% of those systems can't into traffic info and thus are fucking useless in big cities.

Why would anyone buy that disgusting shit

Bus rider detected

People pay for the badge.

Looks pretty comfy to me.

I absolutely hate high-gloss plastic in car interiors, but at least this looks like an expensive car.

This is just generic as fuck. And wouldn't that display catch glare like crazy?

I wish car manufacturers would just put phone/tablet holders (or empty space where you can rig your own) on the dash.

2 cars and a bike. 20yo volvos are more comfortable than new mercedes. And they dont have light coloured interior that looks so awful

>20 year old Volvos are more comfortable than a new Mercedes

Lel you've never sat in a new S Class

>going up that high of a trim level of a "premium" brand just to outclass an old beater in comfort
Topkek

>he actually thinks that
Stay poor

Kill yourself eurocuck. Modern Mercedes is garbage for top price and only a badge to brag about. Theyre not even as good as the pre 2000 bulletproof mercedes

Keep telling yourself that, if you dream hard enough it might come true

With moderate mechanical knowledge, anyone looking under the hood of a new mercedes can make a number of observations of poor design quality

Ah yes the smug anime face, the argument to refute all arguments

desu i thought that was an frs interior with ricer shit on the dash

>CLA
That's barely a Mercedes m8. New C-class and new A4 interior quality is really good. I agree about the tablet design though.

Everything looks incredible to me except for that damn high gloss black plastic or whatever it is. I get what they're going for with the lines but WHY when you can just get a nice colored wood instead??

Such as? Considering buying a E class or S class but am interested in these so called poor design decisions that you seem to know so much about

Imagine the fingerprints!

>I absolutely hate high-gloss plastic

It's a lacquer, not "plastic."

Though poor people such as yourself are excused for not knowing the difference.

I don't understand this shitty mouse control thing MB is doing for the digital controls. It's not just MB, its a good portion of the luxury brands. But I just don't get it. How the hell does that have any benefit over touch screen?

The goys will take what is given to them.

>How the hell does that have any benefit over touch screen?

Have you ever had a touchscreen-based system?
You'll learn pretty quick why sticking your arm up and having to focus on pressing a tiny 3mm spot on a tiny 7" screen is shit compared to a central controller in the center console.

Their command wheel is easy as fuck to use

>Not buying based minimalist BMW

please kill yourself that hasn't even seen minimalism

i would literally rather have pic related than any of the gross overloaded gay plastic modern shit in this thread fuck you guys and your shitty taste

Compared that to W204. You know you fucked up bad when you're out classed in every way by an entry level model from a generation ago.

toppest keks m8

I would use this over any Idrive or command shit desu senpai
Super intuitive.

>volvo fanboy that never used any of these systems

Agreed. Volvo makes the best infotainment in-car system now.

>muh sub-menus
I've used most generations of idrive (pre-LCI e60-) and previous generation of command

>using an ipad while driving is sooo much better than turning a small wheel and pressing a button

sure you have

Those dashes are so massive looking.

The only Audi I like.

Screen position on top doesn't look good in most of the cars.

But there's few who does look good.

Nothing beats the Honda s2000 interior. Simple yet effective.

Thank god ! Toyota give us a radio.

This looks great compared to OP.

What. The s2k also has a radio, right infront of the shifter under that s2k thing

This thread only reaffirms my hate for massive touchscreen displays in cars.
They clash so much with the classic interior and are completely unnecessary for so many casual drivers. Plus they're distracting af.

>shit taste: the thread

S13 has one of my favourite interiors ever.

Even for GM that is ugly

>people pay for navigation systems
>google maps is free, has live traffic, no surprise map update costs, user contributed updates on road changes and works for pedestrian, bicycle, public transport, car or mixed modes so you can park outside the city and commute 5 minutes by train or find an appropriate shortcut.

>its lacquer not plastic
>charges more money for plastic

I really like the S13, S14 and R32 interiors

better
im digging the speakers in the Merc though

Why do all new cars have those weird automatic dildo shifters?

how about this?

>someone out there specced an F10 M5 with a manual
Pretty based desu

New Mercedes interiors are so busy what the fuck. Why are there so many buttons?

Because a CLA is as much of a Mercedes as a Cayenne is a Porsche

Don't project your poorness on me. You or Mercedes can call it whatever you want, doesn't change the fact that it looks cheap.

God the ng 9-5 is a marvelous machine

Jesus Christ

Ford is doing nicer interiors even these days

When did Mercedes turn to shit? 1995?

>looks cheap af tbqhf

Don't buy a low end nigger-tier Mercedes if you want a quality interior... It's a car designed for fucking idiots, What do you expect?

if you have an absolutely terrible taste, sure. looks like complete crap compared to the merc.

>weeaboo faggot thinks he got a better mechanical knowledge than mercedes engineers
the delusion on this board is astounding

A E S T H E T I C

To be honest 90% cars after 2005 look like shit
BMW ended after E46, E39 and E38
Audi/VW ended with FSI engines

You call that nice?

God these doujins are the shit, dick is literally diamonds

Don't like it much, but i like pic related, just without the carbon. Looks much better.

Fucking this

Ah, that's much better

I hate that ugly as fuck gauge design

>doesn't work offline
>tracks you

stfu google

>tomtom
shit

>displays
shit

>sandwich central panel
meh

>blocks
shit

>burried display
>glossy plastic decor
>key
shit

>almost no real buttons
shit

this is nice (if it wasn't for the omnipresent grating)

I'm OK with this

>burried display
>only digital speedo
>that seat/person thing
shit

>literally nothing
>except for what looks like an aftermarket CC
shit

mexican

ruined

>that around the steering wheel
bretty nice otherwise

>display sticking out like a sore thumb
>still the sandwich layout
>poorly placed vent control
shit

>chubby design
I'm OK with this

>consistent design language
>buttons
>90's glasses
This is great

snowflake

>tunnel to central console shapes look bent?
>display gauges?
I'd like to say I hate this FCA product, but I don't

>buried display
>glossy plastic or "carbon"
>seat controls in the middle
shit

old mercedes kicked ass
now they just kinda...
....suck

>minimalism means having nothing

Kill your're self

Better buy american "luxury"

>burried display
There's reason for that. But how is that a problem for you?
I'm also not a fan of digital clusters but that Volvo (V60) still is one of the best looking new cars. Also it was the only one you disliked from those which I posted.

Agreed. That modern glamourish luxury isn't for me.

No, thank you.

>Hating on new styles because you can only afford 80s and 90s shitbox grey block interiors
Lol, you have shit taste, that's why you don't like it

That's not true. I can afford a TomTom.

At first I thought this pic was in black and white.

You have to pay extra for colors.

80s to 90s are so comfy and inviting
modern stuff is very harsh and stale
even a morris 8 feels better to be in

Rear seat visibility, burried display generally isn't a touch display, it just looks bad imho

there are people who think leather is a luxury and not standard fare

thats the thing with degeneracy, people who are straight in the head and not fucking nuts enjoy clear lines and a thought over design, like this here complete degenerates have a complete clusterfuck-mess in their head, and just like that, they also like their interiour, like this retarded crap here since people in gerneral get more and more fucking retarded, the cars also get uglier and uglier by year.

pic related, a real fucking car.

Pontiac says I don't.

This was a factory option on the Pontiac Sunfire. It's a shit interior, but it's better to look at than OP's black and white photo

Have you noticed that clusters also are buried? Stuff that is supposed to be visible for eye and is placed on top has to be protected by shadow. Flat screens usually are placed lower on the panel. Yes, the flat ones will look better but it will be a bigger eye movement distance from the road and Volvos are supposed to be cars for practical people.

Harsh but it makes sense. I'm respecting the fact that people have different tastes and I'm not attacking stuff only because I dislike it. But when someone calls me a sad tasteless poor only because I'm saying that I don't find most of these modern designs appealing, man, you know that you aren't dealing with a wise person.

The paying extra for colors was meant as a joke.

This is how its done.

reminder if you don't like this you're a faggot cuck

>actually wanting tons of gay shit mounted on your dash

wow

Clearly you have a shit taste.
Messy designs, glossy and leathery (just like my gucci purse) interiors and bright colors all the way!

Looks awesome but it's honestly a little too baroque and overly laid out. I much prefer how BMW is heading. The interior on the new 7er is still austere but pops out at you at the same time. I don't think BMW is up with materials quality with Mercedes but I enjoy the overall look of their interiors more.

MUH GADGITS

Gow does Veeky Forums like the Giulia QV cockpit?

Not my style but it's definitely not the worst in this thread.

it's okay, that red button on the steering wheel looks horrible though, sticks out like a pimple

Reliable Sources: "The Industry standard for interiors has always been Audi"............Veeky Forums posts every other type of car including a Pontiac Sunrise.