/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 29th:
238 – The Praetorian Guard storm the palace and capture Pupienus and Balbinus. They are dragged through the streets of Rome and executed. On the same day, Gordian III, age 13, is proclaimed emperor.
1014 – Byzantine–Bulgarian wars: Battle of Kleidion: Byzantine emperor Basil II inflicts a decisive defeat on the Bulgarian army, and his subsequent treatment of 15,000 prisoners reportedly causes Tsar Samuil of Bulgaria to die of a heart attack less than three months later, on October 6. BTFO.
1148 – The Siege of Damascus ends in a decisive crusader defeat and leads to the disintegration of the Second Crusade.
1848 – Irish Potato Famine: Tipperary Revolt: In Tipperary, Ireland, then in the United Kingdom, an unsuccessful nationalist revolt against British rule is put down brutally by police.

>News
CK2 DD 16: Man's inhumanity to man
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-16-mans-inhumanity-to-man.956080/

HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.4 - 25/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

spiegel.de/international/world/spiegel-interview-with-libyan-leader-moammar-gadhafi-switzerland-should-be-dissolved-as-a-state-a-692626.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to ignore and report shitposting.

There is nothing wrong here

>Darkest Hour in the OP
>but no memes, no hidden waggle link and with the warning
Like it should be.

yes but my general who died was named johann, the general who replaced him is called johann, my heir is johann, my advisor is johann, there aren't this many johanns, i would know

Does anyone play EU4 anymore?

His seed is strong.

this meme is very good

holy shit, i used the "find a guru" decision and got a 28 learning courtier
are they usually this good

Shouldn't there be a "for" in between economics and real.

Also get a better font like holy shit

>playing on the meme bloat map
lad I . . .

Well fuck. I annexed Brandenburg along with the rest of the HRE, but even though Russia was in a PU under it and they had my dynasty, Russia not only went independent but it also got rid of my dynasty and put some putz on the throne. Thanks Johan.

is brandenburg any good for a beginner? i'm assuming they have a good foundation laid out to claim the >hre

in EU4?

>all these eu4 posts
we're being raided by memeth's lackeys again aren't we

Can someone post a link to the Vic2 to Hoi4 converter that isn't on Paracucks Plaza?

What's wrong with EU4?

wew

eu4 yeah

>filename
Yes.

If you're an absolute beginner to the game it might be a bit tricky, but it's certainly one of the easier ones (Austria is easiest).

>all these posts mentioning memeth
We're being raided by BIG_BENIS_IN_MY_ANUS again aren't we

Does someone have that South Africa minimod that made it so SA could get immigrants like America and Australia?

I need it for Grossboeriums.

I'm back to /gsg/ after like 2 years, I see EU4's map is still shit, what's a good mod to make it not-shit.

Also is HOI4 any good yet? I heard it had a botched release.

t. meneth

TBARW Extra: Transparent Political Mapmode

Its release was better than Stellaris'. They fixed some of the more glaring issues right away but went on holidays. It's a pretty good game for the most part, but single-player often fucks up because the AI isn't aggressive enough and sometimes vacates one front to fight on another.

Thanks user

I installed all the DLCs from the archive, there's lots of new stuff. What are federations? Do parliamentary debates matter (I'm England)

I have no idea about those things because I stopped playing two DLC ago. Favours ruined it for me, so much sitting around and waiting.

we used to raid /r/paradoxplaza all the time before BIG_BENIS_IN_MY_ANUS went on his autistic crusade to convert reddit to /gsg/ and drove everyone away from it

One time meneth got so mad he came back to tell us to stop

i got a lot of free claims but for some reason austria demanded that i return them after victory (on two separate occasions)? i approved the first time and denied the second, wonder if i'm fucked now, its been a year and he hasn't done anything about it.

They demand it back if you own uncored territory within the Empire. You should be fine if you ignore them, so long as you core them ASAP and don't expect them to ally you. If you conquer too much territory (even with claims) they might coalition you.

Reminder that Qadafi (pbuh) was redpilled as fuck and knew what was up:

spiegel.de/international/world/spiegel-interview-with-libyan-leader-moammar-gadhafi-switzerland-should-be-dissolved-as-a-state-a-692626.html

based af

i cored them to fix my unrest, good thing it also ceased austria's hostilities, shouldn't have given him the first one

unfortunately for me, bohemia ate up silesia just before i had the necessary resources to take the land

Don't worry, you've got plenty of room to expand in the north and east of Germany. Get yourself a strong position by the 1500s and wait for everyone to go apeshit when the wars of religion come around. Grab territory whenever someone nearby is weak.

Read the wiki lad. The whole thing

He also wanted to flood Europe with black people though

>being a lying kike
What he actually said was a warning that "If I die, millions of blacks will flood into Europe through Libya," because he was the only one actually policing the border. He predicted the future to a t.

i'm planning to pick a fight with poland but he seems mighty strong, denmark is in a web of alliances so probably can't conquer them for a while

am i supposed to just sit and wait for my mana to regenerate so i can get new tech and structures?

Brought to you by Hillary Clinton

RIP Gaddafi, first-world Arab countries aren't allowed in the globalist order lest they stand up to Israel

I can't tell if I should play this Burgundy game in ironman or not. It's only my second game...

Is it possible to make a nation like Tibet or Luxembourg a major power in Hearts of Iron 3?
Basically talking about any nation that is small, weak, and is close to a major power that is most probably going out for them.

If the answer is yes, HOI3 is a meme game

>Playing Byzantines

Is there actually any reason to have the Kingdom of Greece title other than the prestige? It fucks with the Imperial succession and passing down all my titles to whichever idiot's going to become the next Basileus.

this should be fun

latin federation soon

>HPM added back in the bonus Mexican cores he removed from refuting Manifest Destiny
So my bitching about the nonsensical decision paid off, thanks Alex. Really should have mentioned it in the changelog though.

It's possible in goy4 which really should tell you a lot about it

There was an user that conquered most of Europe with Luxembourg, but I have no idea about Tibet

>latin federation
Isn't that called France?

>Franks
>Latin

>Romanized Celts
>Not Latin

Luxembourg was only ever done with a manpower exploit that they've probably patched out by now. You can annex Belgium by outsmarting the retarded AI but the non-cored manpower penalty is so severe you can't really do much else. Maybe if you are severely autistic but it would take a very long time and not be at all fun. The only reason to even try is to prove some kind of point.

I don't really get the "you can do well as small nations = HOIIV is shit casul lol xD" meme anyways to be honest, you could conquer the world as Albania in HOI3 and I never saw anyone bitch about that.

off to a good start

yeah I'd say they are
if you go full purist with what's true roman heritage or not you just get greeks maybe. europe and western civilization includes northern europe
doesn't stop me from making a sort of southwest european blob anyway

>not creating the Latin Union as the Papal States

>EU4
>England
>want to play comfy colonization game, don't care about Continent
>try to sell French provinces to France
>can't, France is a rival
>declare war, sue for peace, give them everything except Calais (they don't want it and throw a fit when I try to give them it)
>try to give Calais to Burgundy
>can't, Burgundy is rival
>try to give it to Flanders, Brabant or Holland, since they have claims
>can't, Burgundy is their overlord
>Burgundy declares war for Calais
>try to give them it on day 1
>can't, they want more (release of Wales and Irish minors)

FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET RID OF A FUCKING PROVINCE

people say sardina has a language/dialect of italian that's closest to actual latin alive today
how true is that?

There should be a button to abandon a province if it's someone else core

They don't have cores, just claims

Sardinia has a lot of pre-Indo European genetics, though I don't know about the linguistic side. I do know that Romanian is pretty close to Latin, Slavic influences notwithstanding.

hmmmmmmm
i really wish there was a button on the province menu that let you give it away
it'd be great if it was really obvious and had a big red x over it
... really makes you think

I can't abandon it because I'm the only one with a core, retard

That's what I tried to tell him

Sardinia has the purest "True" European genes as they were more or less ignored by the Indo-European invasions.

sorry lad
turns out you cant abandon any of the other provinces either because they're held by estates

you could always release normandy and gascony as vassals i suppose

Normandy and Gascony are already France's, I gave them up in a short war. Suppose I should count my blessings that France even said yes.

I'm just blockading Burgundy and her allies in the hope that they'll get bored of war exhaustion and just take Calais and not the rest of my Irish empire.

the turks are white

>enemy is retreating into place where i have soldiers
>they run past them unharmed
what is this shit

Shattered retreat, one of the most retarded mechanics ever introduced by parajews

This is true desu turks invading Anatolia didn't really change the genetic makeup there

It's nice to be playing a european country for a change, I usually go for uncivs and other shitholes. this feels like I'm actually having an industrial revolution, capitalists are building things for me, I'm making money off my factories and have low taxes and tariffs, whereas usually I feel like I have to force things along heavily.

>kicking your enemy while it's down
That would be dishonourable though

>I usually go for uncivs and other shitholes
I on the other hand have fallen for the "comfy unciv" meme for the last time

Japan is probably the only unciv where you can feel like you actually have an industrial revolution like you described. It's super easy to get your industry score to number 1 as japan

Yeah and if you get to somewhere actually respectable the rest of the world has already eclipsed you and its hard to get to SP sometimes

India or China is better at that

China westernizing fucks the whole economy though, never seen how a westernized India would impact the economy though.

>tfw waiting for a joke to be over but it takes forever

What does revanchism do besides make people Jingoist and Fascist?

The same way. Also westernized China "breaking" the economy is pretty much a meme, what makes you think/what evidence do you have that the economy gets any more broken with China westernized than not?

Why can't I move this army directly into the province with the battle in it? I can't make it go any way other than via the ships, what the fuck

Ghost armies can only perform amphibious invasions.

image, shit

so far indebting myself massively to fight people with superior armies is working out well, however it really goes to shit if the war drags on for longer than necessary, i'm having a really hard time sieging castles

Are you at war with brabant?

get some boats (light ships) for trade monies

if they have enough prestige it makes it impossible for lots of countries with less prestige to get the goods they need and china becomes this all absorbing black hole of goods and money.

Armies and navies stop being able to be built, people starve, people go unemployed.

By attacking allied Vietnam, Burma can be brought into a war without having a wargoal on it. Once sufficient warscore is obtained, a wargoal can be added to Burma and then peace requested with the war leader Vietnam, allowing Burmese conquest without the UK intervening. I wonder if I can conquer Burma before the UK gets that free wargoal on it.

Yeah most of the low countries .. I really don't get why my army is blocked, the province is right there, with a land connection.

There's a fort in the province south of breda that's blocking your troops

That's not really Voltaires nightmare since that looks pretty imperial, and a goodly chunk roman too

What the fuck, that's ridiculous, when did they add that

Idk. But I always liked the thought of angry little faggots festering in their tiny shithole country getting more and more angry

That's not true though, that's actually the opposite of what happens. It sounds like you're just repeating what you've meme'd over and over here on gsg. At the start of the game Qing imports huge amounts of the food trade goods (and wool if available), and exports huge amounts of tea and small amounts of other RGO goods and artisan-produced simple goods. By the end of the game westernized China is a net exporter of almost everything because RGO techs make the enormous RGOs extremely productive and the massive population and number of regions allows for an incredibly large industry.

Also you're basing the market rank on prestige... do you even play victoria 2?

Speaking of Voltaire's nightmare I was thinking of playing this mod.

Which country should I play and what goals?

I think it was with the art of war patch

Still ruled by a Salian, though

Ew those borders are gistuding lbmao :^)
Haha border gore

Why do uncivs pay the same infamy to conquer each other as civilized nations would?

>Liquor gets just that extra bit of encouragement

because we're all equal user :)

How would I make pops migrate to neighboring countries?