Music List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmusic
Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed) (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed) (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

>Old Thread
(Cross-thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/school-life/beau-abela-faces-court-for-theft-after-he-successfully-sued-the-victorian-government/news-story/963fc12a2a84e18a1dc598ad3e2d02a0
gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1110136212
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/black-forest/cars-vans-utes/2002-ford-falcon-sedan/1112149224
carsguide.com.au/car-news/toyota-86-shooting-brake-concept-revealed-41229
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/duncraig/cars-vans-utes/bmw-e30-sr20det-310hp-engineered/1110355378
youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo
youtube.com/watch?v=DmOpboyrEaQ
google.com.au/maps/place/Wilfred tTaylor Reserve
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw I started a /dat/ thread

I can die happy now tbqh

news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/school-life/beau-abela-faces-court-for-theft-after-he-successfully-sued-the-victorian-government/news-story/963fc12a2a84e18a1dc598ad3e2d02a0

>I am a retard and didn't want to learn so now I is the stupids and carnt reads or writes
GIBS ME DATS

fucking cuctorians, cucking themselves constantly. How many more retards are gonna sue now this precedent has been set.

Maybe the the retarded parents should take sone responsibility, oh wait they are retarded too and cant into alphabet and numerals. Its the gubbermints job.

Fuck this world.

>early for Aussie """"muscle""""" can't compete

I came on your mums face, fagget!

Yep. Worlds fucked desu. That's why I stay away from all social media and keep away from people.

>tfw you live in Melbourne
I'm finishing tafe and then doing a justice course afterwards, where is the best place to move to after I finish all of that?

QLD.

SA with all the other /dat/ cucks

Will jimmy blow his 8roper loads on my face too?

Imagine if he had a kid, how stupid it would be

probably tasmania, very white and didnt seem to have much melbourneness
gl with a job though

Lived in launceston as a kid, parents moved me up to Melbourne because there weren't any "high paying" jobs avaliable for them.

>have a friend of a friend who has an e36
>not a 328, a 1.8L e36
>things it's all fast and driftspec brooo

>mate asks me to give this guy a lift since it's on the way to mates house
>>ye alright
>starts irl shitpost
>"haha nice boat haha"
>"i prefer handling over power because it matters more on the downhill"
>"whats the point of power if there's cops everywhere"
>"haha nice auto i drive a real driver's car, mine wasnt even available in auto haha nah traffic is easy"
>get mad because he's talking pure shit and his car is a meme turd
>do a slide coming out of a side street, keeping speed down by feathering brakes but keeping em spinning
>he looks back, everything is white
>stays quiet
i don't understand how people can tolerate having significantly less power than a misfiring v6 commodore running on e10

why didn't you tell the cunt to get the fuck out and walk then?

I can handle less power in cars, I just don't try and hoon them because it would be embarassing.

This.

If you're gonna do nothing but shitpost IRL about my car then you can bloody well fuck off and walk.

to the north shore faggots ITT
I've been seeing actual stancefags irl
saw some green-p plater in a bimmer with stretched tyres, stanced at turramurra station.
it seems so rare around nicer bits of sydney but its becoming more common.
everytime i go to lakemba to help a friend with his car i see heaps of stanced cars.
>why

What car will last the most km?
AU falcon with 3million km or a dunnydore?
I want shitbox status with max km

Why?

Buy an ex-taxi vehicle, they'd all have a millon billion kays on them.

Just get something cheap, that you can buy engines for with slabs of beer

BA falcon
complete engines with 150-250k kms on them are only $300

zf 6 speed swap.

Out of curiosity. Anybody here from Queensland? I just got a small package mailed to me here in New Jersey from Kingsthorpe.

it's not new m8
when I went to turramurra high these was a guy with some stanced nissan
all the shitcunts from barker college get new 86s or imprezas from their parents and ruin them with cheap coilovers

E30 is being repaired. I'm going to do it right, full cage, wilwood pedal box, respray, it's going to be legit.

I'm also hopefully going to buy this to drive while I'm doing that

gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1110136212

No shit dude, they're around here.

>gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1110136212
nah mate, pick up this beast
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/black-forest/cars-vans-utes/2002-ford-falcon-sedan/1112149224

seriously though r32's are fucking gorgeous please buy it and post skid vid

You could honestly lowball that asian since he has to leave kek. I'd get the falcon and sell it for more to someone else and buy a r32

was considering it but who knows what
>i have small problem
means, knowing gooks theres probably a conrod sticking halfway out the block
>front hwentea dents,(little)
i can't even decipher this

Probably got crashed into and repaired.

just want something that will last a long time

Just to catch up from last night-
>Is the torque difference that much? There's a sedan I'm looking at with a RB20 and a 3076 on it, do you rekcon that'd be super aids to live with? I'm ok with giving things revs, the E30 only moves if you give it revs, but if you think it'll be a pig then I won't bother with it

The difference is quite a lot
On a stock RB25DET you're looking at about 300Nm at about 4500rpm, the RB20's stock are around 260nm at around 62-6400rpm... which for a 6 is pretty peaky considering they rev out around 7500rpm.
Biggest shit with them is that they're just fucking old and there's a lot of upkeep on the old 20 to keep her running nicely, after a while you just sort of have to wonder if you're throwing good money into a fairly old, shit mill!

Not that they're an inordinately bad engine and they've got a nice linear power output that's very smooth, almost rotary-like in some ways. But if I'm throwing money into an engine, it may as well have some meat and the RB25 has a lot of meat! Plus you can beat on a 25 all day like the cunt owes you money and it just seems to keep on trucking.

Yeah, I totally get what you're saying. Kinda deciding not to go with that sedan, just cause it seems like it'd be rather peaky.
The black coupe seems nice though. Really I just need to drive it until my car is fixed and built, and then I can flog it for more money with some nice wheels on.

Realistically any of the RBs, probably even a RB20e, will go faster than my car lol
Though I did beat a R34 n/a auto sedan once...

Any car will last a long time if you service it properly. Change oil every 5000km or 6 months, air filter, oil filter. spark plugs once a year or 20000 kmi think, run injector cleaner every 6 months. pretty easy to maintain a car, if it's a shitbox just change the oil every 5000km and vacuum the air filter

Find an old Toyota owned by an old person then.

>low kays
>old Toyota reliability
>you know it most likely hasn't been thrashed to fuck

>Though I did beat a R34 n/a auto sedan once...
must've been using 10% throttle, letting it shift at 3k

>Buy R32 coupe and drive it with RB20
>Buy/Build RB25
>Swap engines
>Use RB20 as a boat anchor

Win Win, or you could find one that's already been swapped.

>Buying from old people

I don't trust buying from oldies unless it has a service history with it. My nan drove a toyota corolla for 20 years and never serviced it, the thing still drives around locally idk how it hasn't died yet.

carsguide.com.au/car-news/toyota-86-shooting-brake-concept-revealed-41229

Nah he was properly going it

There's one that's already been swapped but it's a bit thrashed. I don't think I'd spend much money on one, just keep it nice and easy, and dump money into e30 to fix it

Didn't that thing get written off? Buy another e30.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/duncraig/cars-vans-utes/bmw-e30-sr20det-310hp-engineered/1110355378

Topkek, sr20det swapped e30

Oh god that's ugly as fuck. Why would someone do that

Insurance wise it is, but it's not on written off vehicle record so can be repaired.
Spoke to the panel beater today, he can do it fairly easily, however I'm thinking that since heaps of it needs to be stripped out to repair and it needs a respray anyway, I may as well do it all and do it properly.
I'm talking cage gussetted to all the pillars and roof to make it safe, full respray, semi stripped interior, Wilwood pedal box, etc. Do it how I want it done

Very good swap, I considered it for a bit

Yeah if it's your dream vehicle you might as well build up the car to a street legal track car, sr20 swap it, make it fast etc

The stock R32 platform is still a very nice car, there's not a heap of stuff that goes wrong with them in terms of electronics, strong suspension, good driveline, great diff's and provided its been loved- unlikely to have much rust either. Paint tended to get beat up pretty bad like most early 90's cars so they'll often get flakey clearcoat and its kinda uggo cosmetically.
But hey, its fucken old! So stuff will eventually pop up on most examples like any 25y/o car.

If you had to, the RB20 is something you can live with and yes, it will beat up your BMW... maybe enough to swear you off euro cars for good! :D

No SRs for me boss. Keeping it in the family

I'm not familiar with BMW engines, what would you swap into it and what power does the original engine make compared to what you're thinking of?

>decide to beat the neet life
>try and organise a forklift license for basic jobs
>every place close to me seems to have shut down
Just kill my shit up fampai

I got ya mate-
youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo

Where does it teach me how to rip a cone while loading crates? And the way to win at forklift drags?

I don't think anything can swear me off a 318is, I just like it too much. Something about it just keeps me coming back for more

I'll either continue through with my plans for a boosted M42, 1.8 twin cam, probably will have close to 300hp
Or, I'll fuck that off, keep it n/a, with ITBs or even a pair of webers because why not
Orrrr, I find a S14 from an E30 M3 :)

Somewhere towards the end where Klaus rides off into the sunset with the chainsaw

You're fucked now that you've seen it once. They're everywhere.

Go hard or go home.

A MISSFIREING SYSTEM!?!?!

Anyone had a timesert/helicoil/whatever done? How much was it for one hole?

I keep seeing the same skyline with initial D stickers on it driving near my house every morning

I see the same black 350z every day on my way home from work. I feel like this is the start of a beautiful relationship

wtf

do you give him the nod of approval?

Would buy the GT86 shooting brake, if it ever went into production

classic nicko

pick where you want to live for the rest of your life. you'll need to pass the bar in each state to practice there. tasmania you're automatically a barister just by having a law degree there though because they have too few lawyers. but also, it's about connections in law. so wherever you finalize your course you're pretty much trapped or else you need to start all over again in your career. also each state has different laws that you need to learn. like NSW has a completely different kind of judicial system to the rest of australia.

I gave him the knob of approval if you catch my dorifto

I hope that wasnt ur credit card number lmao

>implying I have money to steal
Just a nintendo friend code. Forgot to clear my name after posting on other boards

I see cars on the road every day

no you dont

>ordered shit off ebay
>they sent me a photo of the package being dropped in the postbox
Now this is service

why not get another e30 shell that hasn't been crashed then get that one caged, then swap everything in
the way I see it it saves you the doubt of wondering whether the roof will fall off and etc

>Nah he was properly going it
can't be that slow, an e30 318 is probably slower than an ae86 and miata

318is shells don't exist, and I only want a 318is. They're worth that much more than a 318i

guys, krautkunt uploaded the vid of his skid/crash and didn't even post it here

youtube.com/watch?v=DmOpboyrEaQ

can't keep up with the bbc (big block commo)

isn't an is just an i with a lip and better suspension?

also you should import an e30 wagon shell for maximum sikkunt points

>import an E30 wagon shell for maximum sikkunt points

This.

>half the price of local auto stores
>every part from local stores is dodgy
>ebay sellers buy directly from metro wholesaler every day so you know its fresh
>the part is always in perfect condition
>buy from auto store its greasy and has scratches, some dickhead tried to force it into their car already, broke it and returned i
>car part store argues its top kek quality
>local wreckers desperate to sell shit
>all their parts are shit quality, corroded, broken
>buy from massive wreckers in victoria over ebay
>part is in excellent condition
>no broken parts
>they inspect it before delivery
>part is like brand new

I have everything to make one to iS spec, but it still doesn't have that compliance plate and I'm not dodgy enough to swap plates

A friend has a touring that he'd sell to me but I don't actually like them that much. Too heavy and the tailgate is retarded

why don't you just stick all the is stuff onto it and register it as an i?
insurance will be a bit cheaper too

and m8, you can't have an ultrashortwheelbase car weighing pissall with a turbo, it'll be a fidgety thing that won't even slide without spinning out

You mean that german guy that posts on here?

yeah

Cause it's not worth as much, easier to repair in the event of an incident as I'll go with Shannons insurance agreed value of 5 figures
318i is like 3k agreed value or something

>Something about it just keeps me coming back for more
Yeah I know, but I'm allowed to stir :)

>it'll be a fidgety thing that won't even slide without spinning out
Mostly comes down to throttle control and maintaining inertia on the drift with the short wheelbase cars like the S13's, Beemers, RX7's and MR2's. Its not like the torque monsters where they just plant the foot into it and power-slide around the place until the rubber falls off.

Course, going round corners fast is fun too and it'll do that fairly well.

>and m8, you can't have an ultrashortwheelbase car weighing pissall with a turbo, it'll be a fidgety thing that won't even slide without spinning out
It's not ultrashortwheelbase, they're not bad when you set them up right. Not like MX5 bad.
Plenty of people run way more power without issues anyway
Ideally I'd go to a R/S rear end to make it less retarded anyway

>Yeah I know, but I'm allowed to stir :)
True. I haven't seen you at CnC for a while tho, what's been going on?

Nice /dead/ thread guys

getting drunk with family m8
have nothing to contribute, all I do is skids and dream of shitboxes

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Where can I get some mango juice at 9:30 at night? Need it for science

Coles or Woolies mate.

I think I either need to become a normie or go full cave mode

Bong science?

Closed cunt

Yeah, supposedly gets you higher

Servo might sell some, Usually coles is open until midnight on fridays

Woolies or Coles servo?

Was gonna say go to a 24hr K-Mart but I doubt a they'd have any.

Have to look around at servos then, everywhere shuts at 9pm and reopens at 6am.

86 GUY HERE

MFW GET CALL AND SAY THE ECU GAVE THEM LITERALLY GAVE THEM NO INFORMATION

IM SAVED

NOW THEY JUST HAVE TO OPEN IT UP TO SEARCH FOR THE PROBLEM PHYSICALLY

HUEHUEHUEU

You'd be lucky to get orange juice at some servos man, godspeed.

you own an automatic 86, you have nothing to be happy about

Saturday 14th may
SA /dat/ meet
1pm, same place as last time google.com.au/maps/place/Wilfred tTaylor Reserve
Shitpost then hit the hills?

>70km away
yeah nah

anyway, im too autistic to actually go to those meets, i wanna go but i dont

We actually doing this?
Next Saturday is good for me so let's do this.

I'll just fill up with 10L at each one so I don't look autistic

Suggest a better place

We are now

>70km is far
nigga i drive 50km to do shopping and at least 70km for other shit. dont be lazy.