GLK 350/250 BlueTEC vs GMC Canyon Duramax

I've finally narrowed down my choice of cars between these two.

I need a super comfy, practical, and reliable vehicle. Both the GLK and Canyon are highly rated, and both are extremely comfy. The GLK is cheaper, fully-loaded, with the BlueTEC turbodiesel and 5k miles for $31k. The Canyon comes in around $35k for the configuration I want.

If I buy either, each month I'm setting aside the equivalent of a car payment into an account to help pay off any expenses not covered under warranty. The GLK will cost more in the long run, but I can afford it. The Canyon will be cheaper, but is nearly $5k more upfront, is larger, and is less practical for my daily use.

What should I do? I've test driven a good 30 cars in the past 2 weeks and narrowed it down to these two. I also am still considering a Tacoma, but it doesn't come in a Diesel, and it is slightly less comfy than both of these... but is nearly $10k cheaper.

Something will inevitably break. Get the one with the cheaper parts and labor.

Glk for sure.

I'm setting aside $600/month for that though.

get the GLK . i'd never pay 35k for a polished GM crossover turd.
Diesel mercedes are goat, my ML CDI is at 128K now, and only major issues were the steering rack, and the drivers window, both under the CPO warranty. The gas mileage is also a great selling point. GLK wasn't my cup of tea in how it drove, but if you shop around for dealers, you can easily find one near you that does the Service A for $200ish and Service B for $390. Theres a $370 transmission flush that has to be done every 40k but other than that they're pretty good cars.

The Canyon is their midsized truck, based on the Chebby Colorado.

But that's pretty much what leddit and mercedes owners in general have been saying about the GLK. It's also supposedly one of the cheaper models to own, and having the BlueTEC is a huge plus.

The only vehicles that have been nearly as comfy were a Lexus GX, NX, and a fully-loaded F-150 King Ranch. All of which are way out of budget. My main thing I need is comfort, a soft ride, ride height to get in and out with minimal effort, and fully-adjustable seats. I'm barely an adult and my body is breaking down on me like an old fart.

I will add, while for daily driving the Canyon won't be nearly as practical, but I will be able to haul with it, go hunting with it, etc. Those are some things I won't be able to do with the Mercedes. I'll be able to haul some shit with the GLK, but not a boat, and I certainly wouldn't want to bring bloodied animal carcasses into the vehicle either.

Bump

I can probably haggle the GLK down a couple thousand more because it's a 2015 model, and it's been up for sale for over a year now. What would be a reasonable price to shoot for? As low as they can go? Just a couple thousand less?

see what cargurus says. sub 30k isnt a bad price but as a rule of thumb, i aim for 20% off the original listing price

I'm confused as to why you're cross-shopping SUVs with trucks, but the GLK sounds like a better choice.

My goal was to find THE COMFIEST car that'll accommodate my medical needs. I drove a good... 30 cars and narrowed it down to these two.

So that's what... about $26k I should aim for? That seems quite low to be honest.

Fuck

I really am not looking forward to future repair costs, but I'm debating heading to the Mercedes dealership now. My goal is to try to haggle them down as low as humanly possible, because the car is pre-leased, listing has been up for a year and a half, and the 2017 model year is just around the corner.

Do you think $26k is a reasonable price to shoot for? Be a jew and go lower?

>Diesel

Why? I guess you're from US where fuel is cheap and economy is about the only reason to get diesel. You'll never make it even with higher maintenance costs, reliability is lower than gasser and there's stink, rattle, no heating in the winter and so on.

In last 10 to 12 years diesel on higher cars are very refined and eoconomy is much better if you are driving a lot. I do around 50k kms every year and diesel with same power is significantly better

>MUH TORKS
>Reliability
>Fuel economy
Modern diesels are extremely advanced and tend to last longer (in my experience) than gas engines.

Fucking buy a Citroën with hydraulic suspension if you want comfy cars you nigger.

You think a fagget like OP that tested as he says 30 cars has any idea of what he wants or what the different cars have so different about them?

That nigger will run any car to the ground in 5 to 10 years.

lel

retarded americans that still think all diesel engines are like 2 stroke detroits

You're talking to me, dumb nigger.

I've taken care of my 92 Corolla since I got it at 16. I put nearly 300k miles on it, and it's finally starting to wear away.

Yes, I do know what I want you dumb cunt.

> test drives 30 cars
>knows what he wants

No you don't.

buying a used mercedes
stepping up from a corolla

Yeah, sure smells noveau riche in here.

thats more money than i spend on upkeep and i have a 2005 1500 chev with 300,000km, get the canyon diesel its a sweet truck but i highly doubt itll cost you that much a month, unless you mean 600 a month for a limited amount of time.

I needed something comfy and easily accessible for my bad back and butt. Having towing capacity is nice for my boat or off-road vehicles as well as any bagged game.

No, I don't care about showing off money or wealth. I'm just happily middle class, nothing more. I needed something with an extremely soft ride, comfy supportive seats, and ride height that I could easily slip in and out of.

I tested out everything from $15k shitboxes to $60k trucks and SUVs. Both the Canyon and GLK are just about perfect in terms of ride quality, seats, ride height, etc.

I don't care about appearances, if I did I wouldn't be buying a crossover.

A GLK is far from a comfortable car. If you call it comfortable, you've never ridden comfortable cars.

Pro tip, I've owned Citroens and Mercedes, my wife used to have a GLK, and not even an older E class I had with airmatic got to the levels of a C5 not to mention the C6.

And no, a guy that test drives 30 cars has no idea what he wants. Plus, I hardly doubt this is even anywhere remotely true. Why would you be asking questions like these on 4chinz.

God damn you're fucking dense.

kys

> no arguments
> proceeds to insult

I'm the dense.

In the past two weeks I've had 3 threads up. Each of them detailed my problems, and what I want out of a car. I shouldn't have to explain myself so many times just to get it through some people's heads. I've just test driven so many models because I only have experience with my own Corolla, and my dad's Camry. Neither of which are comfortable, and both are unbearable to drive for lomg periods of time. Testing all these cars was to see how each car accommodated to me in ride height, seat comfort, ride quality, etc. Because I'm a special fucking snowflake with special snowflake medical issues, what may be comfortable for 99% of people may not be comfortable for me. So I tested a bunch of various models, but mostly leaned towards SUVS, Crossovers, and trucks.

I've asked this question on several websites, and get mixed answers. I don't know why I expected any differently from here. How is the GLK not comfortable? I've test driven two (both 2015 models, 1 250, 1 350) and both were extremely comfortable. While not the most comfortable car especially compared to $70k SUVs and $50k trucks I tested, it and the Canyon are the closest to fitting the criteria I set out. Most vehicles that do fit my criteria and are more comfy are also $10k-$20k out of budget.

What year GLK did your wife own? Why exactly isn't it comfortable to you?

I really don't care about Citroen, given they haven't existed in this country since 1991.

Tries 30 cars.
Owns a Corolla.
Wants a Mercedes.

> no 4chinz in no care about looks

Because compared with other cars it isn't a comfortable car. A mild car? Sure. Comfortable. No. There are other miles aways from it. For better.

You know jack shit about cars clearly and you're more impressed and interested in status and looks.

I don't care about status of looks, if I did I wouldn't be looking at a sub-$30k car. If I were so impressed with status, why did I spend most of my time at Kia, Toyota, Hyundai, Buick, and Ford dealerships? Sure, having a luxury car would be nice, but parts and labor certainly aren't.

No, I don't know jack shit about cars. Veeky Forums isn't my primary board, and I've lurked here for a couple years mainly in bike threads. How is it not comfortable? It was one of the softest-riding cars I tested, especially in the price range. While the ES350 and Lexus NX rode better, they're also a lot more expensive. The GS is also extemely difficult to get in and out of... the same issue I have with any sedan, including my Corolla and dad's Camry.

The only reason I'm looking for a car is because I'm in unbearable amounts of pain when driving my current car especially on horrible roads in my area.

I've been looking more into the GLK, and while it looks good, I'm just paranoid from Scotty Kilmer's hatred of Mercedes.

I'll take a look back into the Lexus NX, as well as some of the cars I've looked at in the past such as the Toyota Tacoma, Rav4, Ford Escape, etc.

Not ruling the car out, I'm just gonna keep bothering the local dealerships to let me test drive, crunch the numbers, and see how much I can afford. Right now budget it as $40k, but I'd like to lower that so I can buy guns.

>taking advice from Scotty Kilmer

Not really him, but general information surrounding BMWs and specific pricing/repairs for the GLK model specifically.

I meant Mercedes

Fuck it's late

Isn't GLK literally built on W204 platform? C250 and C350 in my family, both extremely reliable but then again we're on point with the preventative maintenance.

You'r buying a used car that easily cost more than 30K when new. That's putting looks into the equation if you ask me.

And if you're in such levels of pain, you shouldn't be driving all together. It's a danger to yourself and you're a danger to others around you.