Getting veloster as a graduation gift in 3 weeks

Getting veloster as a graduation gift in 3 weeks
Looks nice but how does it perform?

shit

Terrible. It's a commuter appliance not sporty at all.

I shit you not, my wife's 86 year old grandmother has one. She loves it.

gets blown the fuck out in pretty much all ways by the competition. well except maybe the chevy thing lol

Shitty modern car design and boring to drive

It's a free car that costs more than all three of my vehicles combined and I'm 10 years older than you. Be thankful and shut the fuck up.

Why are poorfags so salty?

It's pretty "meh" in terms of performance, but it's a free car.

Push comes to shove, if you don't like it you can sell it.

its only saving grace is that it looks kinda cool and the coupe driver sedan passenger doors scheme is neat

its slow, handles like shit, feels numb to drive, is not reliable, and loses its value very fast

can you ask for something different..?

Any other alternatives that Veeky Forums would recommend for around the same price?

Not poor. Just not in debt. I could buy one tomorrow in cash if I felt like it. Salty at kids who can't appreciate a nice car even if it's given to them.

i have one (turbo). i like it, its faster than a lot of shit on the road not counting muscle cars if its the turbo, it has a great sound system and takes corners well, and its pretty good on gas

is it a barebones base model? 18k is pretty cheap and not much good new in that range

have you considered something used?

>I have $20k in liquid assets
Woah guys we've got a real high roller here.

I doubt they would consider used.

Dude, chill the fuck out. I'm 10 years older than you and know all about entitled fucks. OP just asked how it performs, he didn't whine about it

Shut the fuck up, Dave Ramsey

used focus/fiesta st. used brz/frs would be much better for 18k

A five year-old Honda or Toyota whatever and take the extra 10k to hold onto. Or a used WRX, 335i or whatever floats your boat.

The sad thing is that he is.

Fiesta ST if you like the roominess/hatchback.

BRZ/FR-S if you like the coupe.

Are your parents offering an alternative? Don't sperg at them.
Also
Hyundai reliability meme ended 8 years ago m8
Also 10-year 100k mile drivetrain warranty should oust any worries for a long time.
inb4 "they don't do that anymore" because I've been hearing that lately. They do still do it.
>other complaints
It's an econobox that looks decent. If it had any other badge people wouldn't be crying. It handles no better or worse than a comparable Honda or Nissan.

I got a new one last November.

Mine's not a turbo though.
It's a decent commuter car. Definitely more interesting than a used Corolla or Civic. It's slow af but so small that I'm weaving past niggas in no time anyway.

I get asked about it everywhere I go, but mainly because I'm in a small town. There are two others I see around town, both owned by girls....

The speakers are complete shit btw. I would highly suggest upgrading at least the door speakers. Hyundai gets hundreds of complaints of them blowing.

>if you don't like it you can sell it
>you

if op's parents are buying it then op's name will be no where near the title.

>not reliable
Consumer Reports says otherwise.

It isn't 2006 anymore. Hyundai is more reliable than most brands on the market.

>It's slow af but so small that I'm weaving past niggas in no time anyway.
>I get asked about it everywhere I go, but mainly because I'm in a small town. There are two others I see around town, both owned by girls....

You sound like you have a pretty exciting life.

My parents are about to buy me a grad gift car as well, and my name is going to be on the title.

Mazda 3 with a manual trans would be a good option that's new and around the base price of a Veloster.

You sound bitter about it.

OP, listen to this guy. If it's a present from your folks, just man up and say thank you because free car. I had to take the fucking bus to school because poorfag. Count your blessings.

Yuppp.

It's gonna be the typical, "We want you to have a new car so you'll be safe and so that we won't have to worry about paying for maintenance."

I am. Trust me.

>not wanting to get the most value possible out of your free gift
He's not complaining about the car. He just wants to know if it was worth the money being so graciously spent on him

M A Z D A 3
A
Z
D
A

these are good suggestions
the mazda 3 hatch would serve you extreme well since you can
>put a lot of stuff in the back
>have fun no matter how you're driving (because stick shift)
>drive at 9/10s everywhere under the speed limit

fiesta ST you could get lightly used for your budget, like a year old with some miles on it and it's practical as well and more fun

When I get it any aftermarket mods I should do first? Or just leave it stock?

get a bill of sale to hand to the new owner

>>put a lot of stuff in the back
>>have fun no matter how you're driving (because stick shift)
>>drive at 9/10s everywhere under the speed limit

Two out of 3 of these also apply to the VT. The other one solely depends on OP's needs.

Fiesta is a horrible choice if his parents remotely care about reliability.

>DAD I WANT MY NAME ON THE TITLE
>np son
>title's owner shows as "user AND DAD"

kek. truth.

I have a Mazdaspeed 3, but I vouch for this. Get a gen 2 or gen 3 Mazda 3 in the manual. It's a fun FWD econobox with Mazda's sporty feel. Throw on some cheap suspension parts and it'll handle even better op

A veloster? leave that shit alone. bolt ons for an NA motor are all noise making wastes of money. If you have to do something to it, stick to suspension (excluding lowering springs on stock struts) and braking improvements. Careful not to delve into hella flush territory and make a already meh handling car into a fucking crash magnet.

Fucking garbage.

When I was in high school this girl who pretended to be a guy had a veloster

Is this your first car OP? Either way, a free car is a free car. Don't worry what other people think about what you drive. If you still own it after a few years you'll know exactly what it can and cannot do. At that point you'll be yearning for a 'sporty' car which you'll really appreciate since it's not a hatchback that's pretending to be something it's not.
You'll have fun with the Veloster, but every drive will be a blast when you get that next car.

That's assuming you don't become normie status and are still into driving after owning the veloster for a few years.

I went from owning a '97 camry for 3 years to owning a 335i e92. Getting a 'sporty' car changed every drive for me, but it wouldn't be nearly as sweet if I didn't drive a boring car before. For most people, though, moving up means getting a comfortable crossover or efficient sedan.

Velosters are only worth modding if you're getting the turbo. Otherwise, leave it stock.

>my wife's 86 year old grandmother has one
>my wife's 86 year old grandmother
>my wife's grandmother
>86 year old
>86