Mfw my electric powered car blows your gas guzzler the fuck out

>mfw my electric powered car blows your gas guzzler the fuck out

Other urls found in this thread:

popsci.com/tesla-model-s-70-owners-can-pay-more-to-unlock-their-full-battery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he only cares about straight line speed
Enjoy your overpriced brick on rollerskates pal

drove one of these from 1999 to 2002

coming home from a movie and first gen Merc SLK goes by on the expressway. So I floor it and blow by it. we both end up stopped next to each other at a stop light. SLK driver was "what the hell is that?"

BTFO!!!!

you had an EV1?

tell me more about it please

how was it to drive?

what did GM say to you when they took the car away to crush it?

why dey crush it?

>comparing these 2 cars

GM took away all EV1's and crushed them for an unkown reason.

the EV1 was supposed to be an "experiment" or something.

rumors said that it did too well for its own good, and some shady deal by oil companies and mobil were done to GM so they would shut it down.

atleast thats what i saw in the documentary "who killed the electric car" years ago.

Google. They only leased them out, none were available for purchase. After a few years they decided electric cars were a niche market and that they didn't want to service them or deal with any liability so after the leases ended they destroyed them all, except for a few which were given to museums with no drivetrain.

>So I floor it and SLOWLY blow by it.
FTFY

I drove one that my company leased. 0 to 60 was forever and top speed was 80. Not a slouch for early EV I guess, but a Tesla it was not.

It's not an unknown reason they explained why lol. See

I had it as a company car when I worked at Georgia Power. Also got to drive the prototype car, the Impact.

Lead batteries gave a solid 80 mile range. Later nickle batteries went for 120 miles. The induction charger was neat, but too expensive to make it into a real production car. It was comfy to drive. Except in the winter because the resistance type air heater sucked and sucked the battery. Though it did have heated seats. Turned surprisingly well, but I wouldn't call it sporty. Trunk big enough for two golf bags and a little storage behind the two seats. number pad codes to unlock the car and to start the car. you needed a solid 12 hours for a full charge.

GM could have never sold them for real. the battery pack cost more than the rest of the car. the car was full of expensive for then composites and other light weight materials. The seat frames were made from magnesium for fuck's sake. They shouldn't have taken them and crushed them. They should have just sold them to the lease holders as used cars and "as is, and under no circumstances are we responsible for anything". the cars that survived the crusher had their drivetrain and batteries taken. Though one college that had one managed to restore it for a short period. GM also made EV S-10s for a while. They used the same EV parts and batteries as the EV1. So they took the parts from the s-10 ev and put it in their EV1. GM sicked the lawyers on them and told them to undo it.

EVs of that time period were horribly expensive. They also only existed because of California mandating them. They were huge money losers and this was when the SUV/Truck trend was starting. So GM and other car makers battled California to get the mandated abolished.

They took them back because some lawyer said they would be too much of a liability.

>this assmad

see you in Perth in a fortnight

Not comparing the P85D to the Mustang, but this image shows how much the torque curve of electric motors drops at 80-100mph. They're fast as shit getting to 60, but after that power drops off. That's why you see Tesla only boasting 0-60 times and not top speeds or 0-100 times. Reviews say that the P85D should be able to get to 210mph, but I doubt it could get over 160 in 5 miles of straight road.

0-60 in ~3 seconds in a 5000 pound car is still super impressive though

>I drive on the track

>I only drive at speeds up to 80mph
Tesla is shit tier.

probably the only good thing GM has ever made

and they blew it

>charging car
>suddenly black out

Where's your God now?

popsci.com/tesla-model-s-70-owners-can-pay-more-to-unlock-their-full-battery

lmoa @ ur life atm famola