/nsg/ - Nissan Sportscar General

Updated banner edition.

>Nissan discussion, news and shitposting.
>What are you working on?
>Where are you driving this weekend?

For your viewing pleasure:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ec8WKVEypkc

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

frsport.com/DIF-CNC-Machined-Aluminum-Power-Steering-Column-Bushing-Install-for-89---94-Nissan-240sx_t_89.html
forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-s13-alumnium-gto-steering-column-bushing-install-t229211.html
ebay.com/itm/Nissan-SENTRA-95-99-INFINITI-G20-91-96-alternator-FL75A-75A-75amp-fuse-BUY3-1-FR-/161488360258?hash=item259974d342:m:m9D0Gb0kyQz0nPwx4ICLyrA&vxp=mtr
youtube.com/watch?v=LZUbo_mNDZM
spirit-rei.com/index.php?180SX 雅 MIYABI
willway-usa.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Got it

BannerAnon here, who made that? It makes me wanna make some time to pick up the banner today

Also what I am driving this weekend

Got a solid steering bushing from gktech the other day, anyone done this job before? any sneaky tips to make it easier

Thanks for the (You)!

I had a bit of spare time last night. It's different, but it was they only way I could think of fitting all the S13s in while keeping each car a reasonable size.

Do you have any friends with small hands?
I might have to do this myself - let me know how you go!

yeha i can fit hands in its just a pain, will have to dedicate a full day to it this weekend hahah

Who has broken things?

>blow 2nd gear synchro
>okey
>buy new gear box
>install
>ye sweet az
>"why is there a puddle under your car user?"
>Fuck
>gearbox leaks from every orifice
>double check all bolts
>everything is tight
>leaks from bellhousing and tailshaft

Knew I should've bought new seals for it.

If you weren't across the pond I would have a tranny for you. Timing was off, pistons hit valves, decided not to put it back together and just rb swap.

Picked up a custom 04' Fairlady Z back in March. Lots of custom work to it. Currently in an upholstery shop getting seat fabric customized/recolored to match the he custom interior. Also the only 350z I've ever seen with an aftermarket sunroof.

Pretty much a show car for now. When I get the paint touch-up/reshot I'll start aiming at performance. What are the top picks to boost horsepower? Add a bit more kick to its acceleration? I already have some NISMO Air Intake, Suspension, Exhaust, and some akebono brake pads. What are other recommendations?

pain in the ass. have fun.
frsport.com/DIF-CNC-Machined-Aluminum-Power-Steering-Column-Bushing-Install-for-89---94-Nissan-240sx_t_89.html

forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-s13-alumnium-gto-steering-column-bushing-install-t229211.html

I already gots you mayne ;)

You're turning me on

Hey, pretty sure i saw you last sunday at the lookout, is your pulsar blue? Looked super clean.
Contemplated dropping a lil magic but diff has been single pegging a fair bit lately so i saved myself the embarrassment haha.

Did you custom fab your motor mounts or did you just buy a kit for the swap?

Looking forward to taking the shitbox for a drive today.
No far, but it should be enough to gauge if the car is running properly

Nah m8 my pulsar is silver

I didn't do the swap but it's just using a ceffy x member with r32 mounts

just took some pictures after a wash

also got a few ones to replace the one on the banner

I was behind this on my way back from a dealer trade in Eugene. I met up with him at a gas station in chehalis and talked s14 with him and showed him my old car pics and shit. He was driving up from LA to Bellingham. Cool dude with a bone stock s14 se 5spd.

>show car for now

A standard 350 show car?

Just go a nice manifold and exhaust. You bought an N/A japanese tourer, you can't make power out of it without big $$$$

>Finally fix one problem
>Another appears

went through this process not long ago, finally it came down to low compression. rip

my Z31

There's a decent 240sx in my area and a Celica same year is the parts market as big for Nissan as it is Toyota?

lots of twin turbo kits for your vq35de engine. just go FI. if you blow up your engine then just put in a gtr one.

i wouldn't do custom interior stuff because it adds lots of weight on an already heavy car.

the moonroof you put in completely messed up the rigidity of the frame...not the brightest idea there either.

There is a z31 near me for 2k with only 70k miles on it. The guy said he put a new battery in and it wasnt properly hooked up, so a fuse blew and it wont start.

Any chance this is simply just putting in a new fuse and making sure the battery is clamped down properly?

why cant he put a simple fuse back in and start it for you? Also, 70k miles? maybe he rolled back the miles.

>if you blow up your engine then just put in a gtr one.
Yeah just fuckin throw it right in there no big deal

>s chassis dipshits have this mindset

Yeah, I might ask him that. I feel like i should lowball him at about 800, and walk at 1200, but im worried that might even be too much for it if the issues are worse than a fuse.

>s chassis

we are discussing z chassis pizza boy. lots of Zs have engine swaps.

This. If it was so simple, he'd have done it already.

Should i take some fuses and try it myself?

i remember on my 240 if you had the alternator hooked up wrong it would blow a 75a fuse that you had to order because no one had them locally so it might be a difficult to find fuse

My s15

>those rims
disgust

I know what chassis is being discussed, I'm talking about you not the car

You're telling me. Old mate I bought it off put them on there. Currently looking for suitable replacement

I don't come from s chassis crowd. do you even have a nissan?

I was trying to give you some excuse. You're a Z owner? Because that makes it more hilarious.

Can i just pull the fuse, and force the car to bypass it? I want the Z because i miss my old one and he will go down to 1k dollars. Anyone here from michigan willing to go with me? Haha.

i guess you could pull it and run the risk of catching the entire car on fire if your ghetto connection doesnt work. but still theres a chance its something else so ask him which one blew and see if you can find one at a junkers or someone parting out near by.

i already asked him that, and he said he had no clue. It seems like he's either really sketch, or a dumb kid.

id say have someone go with then pop hood and look at the big boy fuses and see if they're popped, should be obvious. then you know something was hooked up incorrectly then from there haggle and dont plug it in because then he'll figure out what you did and fix it and sell it to some schmuck for more money

Currently running a SSQV atm (yes i know pointless mod, but muh sound), had a forge one in when i got it.

Love the sound of the SSQV though, what other BOV's are you guys running and recommend?

Britbong here.
I've been dreaming of an S-chassis (preferably s13) to run on the weekends.
Problems are that I don't know where to look to find examples that aren't failed projects or rusted to shit.
Secondly I'm young (21), even though I've got no points no claims on a clio 4 quotes still give me stomach ulcers. Anyone know of insurance companies that won't try to bend me over and turn me into pic related?

im this guy although not a S chassis or a Nissan for that matter, I'm with flux direct @ £120 a year on classic insurance.

i meant im this guy

Have any pictures of what I shoukd be looking for exactly? Aren't there fuses beneath the steering wheel, too?

interior fuses tend to be very small like 10-15a for things like dome lights and shit. i dont have experience with this car, just the 240 but its blockish pic is fuse box from 240 but i assume its similar. large grey one is 75a not to be confused with 7.5a which is much smaller

right side clear top, not the big grey block, thats a relay

So if the top right clear plug lools blown, or black, etc. Then it's probably just the fuse? Can i just disconnect the battery, replace the fuse, and properly reconnect battery and hope it fires?

Where can I find one of those fuses?

like i said, not too familiar with this car but i assume it's similar. this is the fuse im talking about ebay.com/itm/Nissan-SENTRA-95-99-INFINITI-G20-91-96-alternator-FL75A-75A-75amp-fuse-BUY3-1-FR-/161488360258?hash=item259974d342:m:m9D0Gb0kyQz0nPwx4ICLyrA&vxp=mtr look for anything like that and then if you see the metal piece in the middle disconnected you know that's what went wrong. then you can try to swap it but it might be a dif fuse so i would check it out first and remember what fuse it is that way you can figure out what really happened because maybe the wiring is just fucked or something and then youll just keep blowing fuses

Man that's a horrible colour, shit wheels and what the fuck is with those gaurds? I hope it was cheap as fuck, but being owned by a f&f fanboy I doubt it. Pls fix it.

how? seems like you don't know your stuff.

As long as I can get it driving long enough to hit my drive way, I'm pretty content. Ill try to buy a set of different fuses. I had asked him to take a picture of the fuse box for me.

the thing is, they're pretty specific and you wont find it at your local auto parts store. also the electronics dont work like that, it wont go long enough to hit your driveway it will immediately pop the fuse after you put it in and turn the key.

Meh, guess it is what it is. I like the moonroof.

Say what you will, I think it's coming out pretty good.

let me guess, that gauge pod is still stock and gives you ambient temp, time of day, and tire pressure

Check
Check
Check

>momo floor mats with crappy metal look
>riced up red interior

Bruh you need some 21" flat face chrome wheels now

stop shitting up the board with this abomination pedro

:( puto

Eh. I don't mind the colour. I'd prefer it was a factory colour just to make touchups and shit easier, though.
The guards are what they are. Probably not a choice I'd have made myself, but I love the car, and they're part of it.
The wheels are indefensible and an affront to god.

Fug mayne. Are those gaurds fibreglassed in? If they aren't cut underneath I'm sure you could pull off those flares and fix whatever damage was done to the gaurd. They look like they're straight out of 2001.

Colour is personal prefernce but I think it could definately be a nicer colour haha..

Wheels are and easy fix m8

No bov is best bov.

>sututututu

I have a Blitz on my SR, but I got to agree that flutter sounds so much better, even if it is bad for your turbo youtube.com/watch?v=LZUbo_mNDZM

Also anyone know where I could get my hands on a Spirit Rei Ya Miyabi rear bumper in the US? Can't order to US off website as far as my moon speak translating tells me
spirit-rei.com/index.php?180SX 雅 MIYABI

>spirit rei
ka1ash pls my dong can only expand so much

have a replica of my car & a build of how I want my car when it's done on NFS. only thing the game is really missing cosmeticly that I want is a roof spoiler & the rain guards that I have on my 240.

Try clicking the giant American flag: willway-usa.com/

Has NFS got S13s yet?

Ayyy thanks, navigating weeb websites at 2am with the intent to buy things rarely ends well for me.

looks sick m8. Im starting to prefer the bn kit over the type x

I have a type x kit that I bought a few days ago sat in the shed. 50/50 on wether I'll go through with painting it at the moment. Would love to run type x kit byt I also like the origin kit. Will probably have to go back to metal gaurds aswell with a type x front bar, not sure they'll be alright with the plastic front bar.

The dude with the BN kit that crashed when we were on the toe gay was selling his kit sans the rear bumper for $400 before I ordered my type x stuff. Only reason I didn't go for it was because I wanted turn signals & a plate holder, since I live in commy state Massachusetts that requires front plate & has strict inspection.