Tire PSI

Tire PSI

the previous owner of my car put on aftermarket tires and wheels. Max PSI is 45 but the owners manual recommends 30 for front and 35 for rear.

Do I inflate the tires to Max or to the cars owners manual?

now this is autism.

Inflate your tyres till they're gud

do you want your tires to be replaced with explosions? if so then top it off. if not do what the manual says.

with that high of psi they are clearly low profile
so there is less volume of air supporting its surface area

run front at 40 and rear at 45

Do what the owner's manual says. You can fill it up to 45psi, but that's the max, not the recommended.

door jamb tire plaque says fill all 4 tires to 30psi
>run 32
feels good to be a gangster

Fill it to 50, more pressure = better fuel economy and reduced rolling resistance for less tire wear. "Maximum" pressure on the sidewalk is just there to make you buy tires more often, and the plaque on your door frame can be disregarded entirely.

Sidewall* autocorrect
I hope this helps you save some cash, OP.

I do MAX on the sidewall all the time. That PSI rating is lower than actual threshold for liability and the car manufactures put even lower PSI ratings to be extra safe.

But isn't that PSI on the car's door jamb for the tires that came with the car originally? If you change tire types such as going to low profile tires, the recommended pressure is now different for those tires.

So blindly using the door jamb values is not always the correct approach for every time and rim you put on a car. If it was, then you could swap out all four tires and replace them with temporary run-flat spare tires which may have PSI up to 60 since they are special. BUT, no, you cannot use 60 because your door jamb says 30 PSI. Hmmmm.

That's why you should keep track of the recommended tire pressure for those tires when you purchased them. Since, tires have the PSI value stamped on their sidewall, look there first instead of just using the door jamb/driver manual values. The PSI value on the tire sidewall must be the correct pressure since the manufacturer put it there for that specific tire.

>max psi is operating pressure

This has to be bait.

>That's why you should keep track of the recommended tire pressure for those tires when you purchased them. Since, tires have the PSI value stamped on their sidewall, look there first instead of just using the door jamb/driver manual values. The PSI value on the tire sidewall must be the correct pressure since the manufacturer put it there for that specific tire.

This is so wrong it physically hurts my brain to read it.

Find a middle ground.

> In my case
Toyota '03 Camry
29 PSI recommended for all.
Tires max PSI 51
29 far too little to comfortably steer vehicle
Found out 36 PSI is perfect.

Run them at 25psi. Max PSI on the tire is for maximum carrying capacity. The recommendation in the owner's manual is for a full load of passengers and cargo.

Lower PSI = more flex in the sidewall and a more comfy ride.

Also when you fill them up too high it makes the car hard to control. Look at Russian dash cam videos. You see how the cars can just lose control for no reason? It's because they run 65psi tires.

Lower PSI also means more grip because of a larger contact patch. More manufacturers are recommending lower PSIs nowadays for muh safety.

the door door plaque only apply to the original sizes of tire and wheel

if your current set are lower profile or a different size on front and rear axle
they will need different setting

I have 8 bar of pressure in my tires, makes them nice to drive on.

sort of related

do you ride a bicycle?

117 POUNDS! WHAT THE FUCK?

No, i drive a Ford Granada

Look at the sticker inside of your car door frame
If the sizes match, inflate to the pressure recommended by the manufacturer.
If they don't match, there are some fancy calculations you must do otherwise you will either be under/over. Over decreases grip and causes the center of the tread to wear fast, under can to a degree increase grip in some applications, but introduces slop, and causes the outer treads to unevenly wear.

The max PSI on the tires is for the UPPER LIMIT, the safest pressure the tires can be filled to.
>TL:DR Follow what your car wants, going to 45PSI will cause uneven tread-wear
>Pic related, over inflation wear, from being filled to 35PSI (Sidewall rec) instead of 25 (car reccomended) Only for 1K Miles before problem was rectified.

under inflation can also cause the side wall to over heat from flexing so often

>29 far too little to comfortably steer vehicle
What do you mean? I feel more comfortable cornering mine at lower pressure.

my car recomends 32 up front 28 in the back

i run 35 all around better gas mileage and won't blow up from a 51psi max

Feels harder to turn. It just feels much more smooth to have higher than recommended psi.

>C/S TPM indicator flashing
>tires between 85 and 110 psi
>aka "uncle grandad has a compressor and I filled each one until I maxed it out but the light is still on"

People are fucking stupid.

>C/S radio inop - verify that yeah, shit's dead
>order replacement parts under warranty
>dash apart to remove old unit
>old unit full of loose change
>job instantly goes from freebie to ~$1k - $4k job depending on the head unit / nav. / telematics unit / etc.
>eat it and pay it in full, pay the tech straight time for the time wasted and to put it back together, or we keep the car, leave it in pieces, bill you anyway and charge a daily storage fee to hold the vehicle until you pick it up

Those are the best; truly a shit show worth watching from afar.

put 31psi if you're fat.

>old tire.
>put 35 psi
>next morning it shredded.

>If the sizes match,

weight rating how does it work

seriously though, is Veeky Forums as stupid as this thread makes it seem or is everybody trolling?

The tire pressure varies with ambient temperature, consult the manufacturers tire pressure temperature chart.

yeah but wider tires weigh more and negate the effect.

Call the tire manufacturer

Ok autism the thread, is it a car or truck? If it's a car 35-38 psi is the range you want

>If it's a car 35-38 psi is the range you want
Are you trolling or just an idiot?

That's literally the owners manual you retard, the lower the psi the higher the performance the lower the fuel economy. It's basic track and driving training lol

have it about 35. 45 is the maximum, not the optimal. Your tyres will pressure will go up anyways when they heat up so you always want some room.

Oh so every car requires 35-38psi? Really? Great to know please keep giving your awesome advice. How about OP puts what his fucking manual says and not what some asshat on the internet recommends?

The sidewall of the tires usually has a recommendation on PSI

God fucking dammit no it doesn't you retard that is the maximum pressure for the tire it isn't recommended pressure for any vehicle, weight rating, or load.

Fuck I hate this place.

So you admit you're a moron? K thanks. Check your manual it'll say 40-45 max with 35-38 recommended

Look at your door jam. You know, the thing that you pass every time you get in to or out of the car.

Sage for this belongs in a "stupid questions that don't deserve their own thread" thread.

No my car says 30/32 you stupid nigger.
>newsflash every car weighs different amounts

every tire is different, the tire manufacturer will have information on pressures.

No you ignorant little shit the tire mfg won't know what the tire needs to be inflated to. It depends entirely on your car and loading.

Give the tire manufacturer the car, and the tire information, they will prob know.

wew lad you gotta take that rod out of your ass.

I'm sorry i get upset when I converse with retards. You know that little label in your door jam? Look at that and your owners manual. Nothing more.

Go by the tyres, don't inflate to max.

Tard Fag detected

>aftermarket tires and wheels
You're already dead OP.

>sidewall says 40 psi
>inflate to 42-44 psi when hot
>miles of driving eventually bring the pressure down to 37 or below
>rinse and repeat

it's not that fucking hard

>-good- tires
>psi to spec
>bigger sway bars, strut + chassis bracing