Are 2 doors declining?

Are 2 doors declining?

I feel everything is becoming a lifted wagon yet 99% of cars I see on the road only have one occupant.

What is the purpose of this? It just seems inefficient or even hypocritical.

Insurance companies (at least in America) make it more expensive to own coupes... much less cars with less than 2 rows of seats. Also, it's a fucking bitch to get people in the back seats of coupes, especially when most modern coupes/luxury cars have 10 and 16 point electric seating.

People are going to justify 4-door cars because it's simply more practical for hauling people, even if they rarely have that occasion occur.

Also insurance rates for coupes are usually higher because insurance companies associate them with boy racers and retards.

But what about all the Honda coupes? Isn't their target demographic cheaper?

yeah it sucks

everyone has this weird vision of driving over hills and grass and mud and lawns and shit but really they just want to feel safe in a crash

they should just buy an old mercedes, that would be so much better than a big kia with awful power and mpg

but really, if we had more 2 door wagons and other cars that were actually useful for the common man, there would be more love for autos than anything a crossover could muster

Because the target audience of 3 door hatches is women in yurop and you know what they buy now. There is no dramatic decline in coupe sales iirc.

I don't get it either.

I can understand the thought that the extra doors can be convenient for carrying passengers, but the thing is that most new compact economy cars (at least in the US) only come with four doors now, and they're only slightly larger than their two-door predecessors.

In other words, though the doors do make it slightly easier to get in and out of the back, the back seats are still too small to seat adults comfortably. In the economy segment, the cars also generally aren't powerful enough that you'd want to be driving around frequently with the car loaded down by 3+ adults.

If you've got smallish children, I can understand, but that's a relatively small segment (since it's just a few year window between car seats and near-adult size), and kids rarely have trouble climbing into the back of a two-door car anyway.

While it's not surprising that people without critical thinking skills will assume that a 4-door Corolla will afford them the same degree of utility as a Camry, I would not have thought that this kind of stupidity would comprise such an overwhelming majority of American car buyers that most of the manufacturers would stop offering two-door compact models altogether.

As usual, women are probably to blame.

there's a big difference between shitty two doors, and performance coupes

what we want are coupes with solid motors and some firm suspension

what we get are a4's with less rear legroom

>what we want are coupes with solid motors and some firm suspension

nah you want a coupe you can benchrace with for unrealistic prices

When I was a kid, our family of five had one car - a 91 Honda 3-door hatch. I still use it as my daily driver and there's nothing wrong with it.

not all of us live in shit towns with straight roads and too many stop lights

i'd pay good cash for a rwd two door wagon with a six cylinder, lsd, and a stick that can hold a suit and haul ass up and down the mountain roads that i live near

>tfw first car is an 8 seater van
>fantasy of going on road trips with mates
>i have no friends
>in the two years of ownership I had it the most people who ever sat in it was 6 and that was picking up grandma from the airport with other family

>i'd pay good cash for a rwd two door wagon with a six cylinder, lsd, and a stick that can hold a suit and haul ass up and down the mountain roads that i live near
>rwd two door wagon

Pretty sure you would be the only one

as everyone else is purchasing pilots and sportages

>posts a car that won't be rwd next gen

also
>calling hatches wagons
fucking americans

suck my thermonuclear dick

and leave it to the europeans to ruin a perfectly good idea

and the corvette has a hatch, that shit is a wagon

>Add extra doors to something that's roughly the same size as a coupe with the same amount of legroom
>change basically nothing
>trigger car enthusiast autism

Why does this matter

I recently ordered an Opel Corsa 2016, the three doors version.
All the other ones I've seen so far has been four doors

>pls cater to my special snowflake needs and make a unpractical practical looking sportscar

I bet it would be a big seller and you would pay the 50k for one

Probably because they unpractcal. You have no back seat and accessing them to store stuff is a pain in the ass.

Meanwhile, the 4 door version of the same car cost like 1k more only.

????????

As with most stupid auto trends, I only give a shit because the overwhelming majority of the industry is on the bandwagon, and the non-stupid options are getting harder to find or no longer available.

I think that tiny "sedans" and five-door hatches look retarded, and strongly prefer a 3 door hatch or coupe for my personal commuter vehicles. It's irritating that these are becoming near nonexistent in the economy segment, outside of the sub-compacts and two-seaters.

2 Doors and sliding rears is where it's at senpai

>4 doors means bigger and I'm a new car buyer,so of course I want bigger and that means that I can carry my nonexisting family of 14 and not have them cramped that one specific inexistent occasion lol 2 doors are for poor people,at least let me sink in debt satisfied

>that can hold a suit

The only suit you'll be carrying is a fursuit, autismo.

Speaking of insurance jewery, isn't it more expensive to insure a tC over and FRS?

I'm 27 and have great insurance rates with no accidents and it was like an extra 50 a month for me to insure a new miata over my BRZ. Fucking crazy.

Amerifats are getting too obese to be able to climb behind the driver's seat. Even four doors are becoming problematic, so Lincoln introduced the BurgerLoader 2000 feature on their new Navigator Concept.

>tC: fwd, less power, heavier
>fr-s/brz: rwd, more power, lighter
Both have 4 cylinders and are coupes.
How in the world would it cost more to insure a tC?

I'm talking about brz vs miata dawg.

oh shit I have no idea where I pulled tC from
my bad

>concepts
>ever not being retarded
Lincolns sell extremely well in thr Chinese and Russian markets.

When I was visiting Russia and Eastern Europe, I saw nore Buicks and Lincolns than probably my entire life in America.

Corollas have a ton of room in the back, more than enough for car seats and groceries. I personally never saw the utility of even larger cars, it's just more weight and more fuel needed to push said weight. Sure there's crash safety, but overall the roads would be safer if commuters and personal vehicles were smaller

Same in china. Like every other car I saw there was a Buick.

I personally prefer smaller performance cars. More fun to drive. But my fellow Americans love raised F150s, straight-line drag racing, and just everything BIG.

Corolla looks like an after thought compared to Camry and Avalon.

nice land rover

My idea 4 wheel vehicle would be a two door with plenty of ground clearance, low end torque, and storage in the back. I really wish we would have a rekindling of small off road trucks, but unfortunately thats never going to happen. Even something like Volvo C30 with 8 inches of ground clearance would be awesome.
Every American wants to drive a cross over so they feel bigger than a sedan. It feels safe to them, and they get moderately better fuel economy than a larger truck or SUV. Apparently the idea of fitting more people in the vehicle in itself is appeal, so two doors are going extinct. Even though most traffic on the road is a single passenger, two doors are still unreasonable to some people.

ASTRA GSi godmachine.

BTFO