W e r k e

>post your Scheisseschachtel
>post what you've fixed on it recently
>post what you've upgraded
>post how much you love the damned thing
>post any variants of "should I buy this BMW?' or "should I buy a BMW?"

Other urls found in this thread:

mybimmerparts.com/oe-bmw/37121137025
ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-318I-with-very-LOW-milage-/162062201361?hash=item25bba8f211:g:50oAAOSw5HJXLOtG
ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/BMW/4944/BMW-E46-3-Series-325i.html
api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_146268052750313&key=de762a1cddc6abe145d9cdd4058debf8&libId=iny2271701000bmm000DLamoffq9x&loc=http://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697695&v=1&out=http://www.bmwusa.com/pdf_d29a3525-66b9-42e4-9a75-22e7cbe283b9.arox&ref=https://www.google.com/&title=Vert vs. sedan vs. coupe curb weight? - E46Fanatics&txt=http://www.bmwusa.com/pdf_d29a3525-6...7cbe283b9.arox
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is fitting that the new thread be the one to prune the old thread.

The bigger, the better

I wish I was good at taking pictures. That looks really nice.

Dare I ask what kind of flowers are those, without sounding overtly faggy and gay?

Being this insecure makes you a faggot to be honest family

It probably does. Those look really nice though, wouldn't mind trying my hand at green thumb stuff and planting some on my front yard. Would give me a reason to call my mother since forever.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS I'VE HAD THESE TIRES ON FOR LITERALLY 2 FUCKING DAYS

On the upside, I took a few nice pictures with my classmates

Fuuuck, that's some shitty ass luck there m8.
On topic of tires, I bought a "new" BMW yesterday. The previous owner had bought brand new tires for that thing for 800$ and was kinda hesitant to let them go with the car.
I managed to convince him to give the tires with the car, bought the car, did the transfers to my name, got into the car, put it in first gear and did a massive burnout on the road to his house.
Told him that the tires were fucking gone now and that at least a part of them were left with him. THe old man had the widest grin on his face I've ever seen.

Those are, well, roses. I'm not sure about the variety, for all I know they've been with the house since the 60s.

I am in landscape architecture and horticulture. Appreciating nature and understanding its importance is extremely valuable. Plants are the basis for human life, whether your a vegan or a carnivore. As well as producing food, they also conduct the status of the environment to you. If you have a garden of a thriving community of plants, and not just a monoculture, you will feel it in your own body, the energy plants give when they communicate to eachother through the soil... whether they are happy or sad, your subconscious mind will pick up on it.

Not to mention all else they do, water and air purification, heavy metal sequestration, balancing soil chemistry...

>2 days
your tires look like shit mate.

Don't tell me those are linglongs.

And they look really nice at times. I know shit all about plants and the stuff though.
I'd like to grow a cherry tree on my yard because they look really nice. Something like a Japanese cherry or a Yoshino cherry would be neat.

I hooned a little bit and already did about 100-200kms on them, burned out on gravel today and tried breaking traction on surface in pic related.
Cumwhores.

How much have you spent on your BMW by now in maintenance/repairs?
My E32:
-1500€ for the first time when the transmission said fuck it.
-800€ for two spare transmissions
-500€ for a spare engine
-300€ "upper seal kit" that included a head gasket.

If I never bought this one and saved the money that I've spent on the car and the parts/maintenance, I'd probably could be driving an E34 M5 by now.

Sure, why not:

E34 525i; 2 years.
2200€ with a shed worth of parts
700€ in more parts for reserve
~1500€ in repairs, oil, service, blah.

E39 M5; 10 years
Easy 5k in normal maintenance (including one set of tires)
As much in preventative maintenance (in one lump)
And from now on to the trim parts I will have to replace....That'll probably add up to more than the above total.

Also, should I trade my M30B30 730 for that delicious V12 E32?
I know I'll lose out in reliability a million fold and I'm up to my neck with all kinds of problems and expenses with my base model, but that V12 though. I believe that neatly waiting V12 E32 on my yard is a sight I'd love to wake up to see every single morning.

Scary how fast the expenses outweight the price of the car. Nay normal sane human being would have dumped the car and bought some shitbox toyota instead. It's them Bavarian spirits I tell you.

Anyone here know cost of whole front suspension kit ? like control arm, bushing, link, plastic boot(the one on rack pinion with clamp on it) and tie rod?

Oh, buy price was 22k. So I'm a bit off on that, yet. Shit dropped quite a bit in purchase price, like, 2 years after I got mine, though. That kinda hurt. But, eh. Who cares.

>2002 530i
>$200 in repairs
>$300 in maintenance
I don't know any of your feels

$350 on tires
$150 on timing belt kit (used a better water pump that came with it tho)
$85 or so on radiator hoses
$45 on trans filter kit 2x over
$40 on v-belts (had to buy specific expensive one for r134a a/c)
$30 fuel lines rated for injectors pressure
$25 on gaskets for everything intake side from intake gasket to air filter
$13 on spark plugs
$10 fuel filter
$10 for the icv tube
$5 on throttle cable clips ($0.9 part, rest shipping)
$3 on vacuum lines

plus all the cost of coolant, power steering fluid, and oil changes.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things but it was only a $1k car, and it runs great even after being flooded kek

What engine?

m20

Neat. Kinda wish my new BMW had the M20 instead of the newer M50 engine.

I spent about 1.5 times the money I bought the car for.
All prices in PLN:
5000 for car
~700 for insurance, would have been 2500 if I insured it on me instead of my dad
~800 for registering - imported from germany
~1000 for belt replacement, tie rod ends, some bushings bullshit when I bought it
~1000 for a set of winter tires
2500 for LPG installation
~500 for all gaskets except head gasket
~1000 for summer tires
So I spent about 12500zł (~$3.2k or ~2.8k€) on my car altogether, including the car itself.

In the future I'll have to replace the windshield because it's scratched beyond belief, it's as bad as if someone put sand on it and rubbed it in, then I'll probably have to replace something regarding the differential or maybe the differential itself because it's vibrating at 70-90kmh. In the future possibly bigger rims or a swap but since the engine is all fixed up now I guess it'll take some time before I decide on a swap.

$4222 total
>$1392 of which is mods

also, this is over 10 months and 5,750 miles

It's been alright.
I keep an excel of everything i do

Gonna overhaul the cooling system next, get smaller wheels and tires and replace the front control arms next in hopes of removing the inch of steering play and the severe tramlining issues i've had.

also a strut brace.
and a vanos rebuild kid.

STOP ME PLEASE

damn dude, nice pic.

>spent the last two hours trying to put the exhaust back on my e36 m3

HOW THE FUCK IS THE EXHAUST SO BIG AND HEAVY ITS 100LBS OF EXHAUST THAT KEPT FALLING OFF MY JACKS RIGHT ONTO MY HEAD OR FOOT/HAND

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY USE THESE STUPID HANGERS IT TOOK ME A HOUR JUST TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO ASSEMBLE THEM SO THEYRE ACTUALLY HOLDING THE MUFFLER ON WHY COULDNT THEY JUST USE A TACK WELDED ON STICK AND A RUBBER DONUT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

WHY IS EVERYTHING MADE OUT OF RUBBER OR PLASTIC ON THIS CAR BROKEN OR TORN

FUCK

NEVER OWNING A GERMAN CAR UNLESS ITS A ANOTHER M3 OR A 911

600€ for the car, 50€ for some post-purchase maintenance and 3 beers for a basket of old tennis balls to stiffen up my suspension. Done 160k km so far without issues

>basket of tennis balls
how does this work?

plug it lad nice easy fix that puncture would be.

I sometimes wish i had autism.

Already fixed up
Webm: 4.0 V6 vs 1.6 I4 vs 1.9dci 130hp vs 1.6 I4

>Rälläkkä madallus

I was in the HEB parking lot when I saw a 1-series sedan. I didn't know these things existed outside of the Euro market.

I was looking at getting an X5. I need something that can haul for work, go long distances, but is still enjoyable to drive.

>I need something that can haul for work, go long distances, but is still enjoyable to drive.

E39 or E60 530/535d M-Package

Can those haul boats? I seriously doubt it.

Big diesel straight 6 engines with plenty of torks to boot. Doubt why they wouldn't be able, unless you're like going to tow a battleship.

Quick google says tow of 2000kg. Don't know what that says or if that's true. I know shit about towing (outside of knowing the Ford Scorpio is a great towing car).

I don't think they ever sold the 535d in the US, unless I'm mistaken.

Budget coil spring adjusters

>je z Finska

>slavs

Imagine when someone crashes into that area of your car only to see a bunch of tennis balls fly out.

>his face when

>Nice shot, user!

I definitely saw a 335d the other day. Not sure about the 5 series.

Burger fag here. I'm in the market for a new daily driver. Looking to spend somewhere between 7 - 10k cash, no financing on this purchase. I've been reading up on things, and an E46 is definitely on my radar. A 330 with a stick preferably. Should be able to get one with dealer maintenance records and under 100k miles in that price range.

Should I do it, or should I be boring and buy a Subaru?

Picture unrelated, it's a bit out of budget.

E46's while not my facourtie, just like all 3 series, are still really good cars.

Do note that with German cars comes German car problems.
You're probably better off with a toyota or some other nipbox if you can't be arsed to look under the hood and get your hands dirty every now and then

wow a e46 330 here cost around £2k

I knew some jap cars had a massive market value in burgerland but didn't realise BMW did to.

A 320d is the best engine for a daily driver in the e46.

E46 m3 bro here. Just got shit on by a e55 merc. Fucker sounded like it had a supercharger on it, didn't realise lol.

E55's have factory blowers, at least the newer ones.

Bimmers have quite the cult following here. I'll look into the diesels. I was looking for a 330d originally, only to find out they don't exist in the states. Not as a e46 anyway.

I'm no stranger to maintenance. I had a e36 for a little bit, and I still own a mk2 GTI that refuses to go a week without breaking. It's lucky it's fun or I would have pushed it off a cliff several years ago.

Would it be worth saving a bit more, biting the bullet, and just picking up a e92?

I have an E46, 318i 2001 model. It works good daily driver, I am in love with these cars. Only problem left after replacing the radiator (plastic cracked, slow leak at 140,000 km) and replaced the hose, air filter and probably next up are the brakes and check this slow oil leak out. Mechanic friend said he'd check out this suspected vacuum leak and pressure test the new radiator + hose as well.

Would I be retarded to try and find a cheap E30 and restore it in my spare time?

If you like buying petrol.

At least fuel is cheap in the states.

If so, try to get one without self-leveling rear suspension. It's insanely pricey to fix.
Also, 2 of everything

>mybimmerparts.com/oe-bmw/37121137025 (+25% tax because norway)

I bought an e46 m3 instead.

I know of the insane parts prices for that thing. Like I said, I would ride in eternal bliss for the few moments that thing held together before the insane bills started coming by the truckload.
For those few short moments, I would be in heaven.

You made a post on reddit about a month ago about this being your first car yeah?

Yeah, the v12 whine at 3k+ rpm is pretty nice.

y-yes, I have a lot of free time coming up in 4-6 months

Legit just saw that thread today, 2 spooky for me

£2.5k for a 01 auto 318.

jesus fuck america your prices are insane.

ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-318I-with-very-LOW-milage-/162062201361?hash=item25bba8f211:g:50oAAOSw5HJXLOtG

that's the usual value of a 318 here.

Successful day so far lads, front caliper change of the E46 and hopefully addressed the sticky/slow windows issue. And some rear spacers on the E30 although i don't think it's sitting right yet.

469 hp supercharged stock.

used 2005/6 cls500 or cls550

That little Filipino guy

Lol, I bought my 2003 325i with 112k miles for 720£ in London

Does anyone want to trade for a M2?

yeah prices are realistic here, btw foreigner its £720 not 720£.

E46s start at about $5000 in my country. You lucky euro fucks.

1978 BMW E21 from Italy, I'm restoring the body and I changed the distributor flange gasket yesterday.

The engine, it has 200k km.

>shitbox bmw

iktfb

Got mine for $3500 and spent $400 on repairs (Straya fag)

its a great shitbox, went on a 1500 mile trip across europe with it(was pretty comfy fot a small car) and beat the shit out of the car afterwards
most fun car you can buy for the money imho
720 gbp is probably less than 1000 usd
also dat 3075 lbs curb weight

i have a hard time believing your car, e46 325i sedan, weigh 3075lbs.

the cars manual states so.
Also this as well
ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/BMW/4944/BMW-E46-3-Series-325i.html

i found a 2005 e46 curbweight is 3307lbs.

api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_146268052750313&key=de762a1cddc6abe145d9cdd4058debf8&libId=iny2271701000bmm000DLamoffq9x&loc=http://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697695&v=1&out=http://www.bmwusa.com/pdf_d29a3525-66b9-42e4-9a75-22e7cbe283b9.arox&ref=https://www.google.com/&title=Vert vs. sedan vs. coupe curb weight? - E46Fanatics&txt=http://www.bmwusa.com/pdf_d29a3525-6...7cbe283b9.arox

To the user in the oil thread thanks for the company and shots of your mahle filter!

If I had one I would. Whats wrong with the M4, too big?

I guess I got a good deal at $3.5k aud - 144,000km on the clock

Should I buy coilovers for my shitbox E34 520 for that deep down low? No stance shit, just shave off like an inch or two of the ride height for a little fresher look.

>Should I buy coilovers for my shitbox E34 520 for that deep down low?
No. Just drive it and save for a 535i. Fit coil overs to that instead.

she's clean but it really isn't worth spending money on a 318i, but do whatever you wish, E34 540 would be cheaper than a solid E30 and is heaps more fun tho!

>535i
>Not glorious 540 V8

Yeah the 318i is just my daily, won't be putting anything extra onto it such as turbo as performance gain would be so minor. Just preventative maintenance until I sell.

The thing about the second car is just to drive as a Sunday car or work on it with my free time then maybe sell it on for a profit if I don't want to keep it around.

I don't want that V8 because MUH straight 6.
Also, can't have anything bigger nor stronger than my 730.
A 525 would be delicious though because it has slightly more power without sacrificing in em pee gees.
A 530/35 would probably get too fuel hungry for me as a DD.

Water pump took a dump so that shits in the mail. Any tips on replacing on an e92 335?

HURP DURP CAN I JOIN YOU GUISE

That's a small turbo

a small hydro turbo

For an inch or two you just need some race springs.

But isn't that bad for the stock shocks?
Was thinking that when it was finally for the shocks time to change.

Yeah too big is one of the reasons. I used to have a E46 M3 that I loved when they were newer until it got killed by a drunk driver. M2 seems so much closer to that than my M4.

Dont get me wrong the M4 is a fabulous highway rocket/grand touring car but I feel like something was lost as they increased the size and comfort of the car. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to get rid of it the M2s are easier to get ahold of.

>brother drives my car
>tells me that it feels sluggish like a boat

t-thanks bro

revival bump

Can someone redpill me on f30. I have a desire to buy one, but are they any good at all? Or its full JUST after e34?

E55's even shit on E39's and E60s.

they handle like shit though, so HAH!

>after E34
the e34 is a 5 series
and the 5 series was good until the E60, so really it goes full JUST after the E39
except the F10 is also kind of good
basically the e60 is shit

>bought an antenna for my e46
>doesn't fit
>use JB weld to combine them together

Totally worth the $10