2016 Toyota 86 Shooting Brake Concept

The prototype was conceived and developed by Toyota Australia's Product Design team and hand-built in Japan under the direction of the global sports car division.

>tfw even if it gets made no one will buy it because Veeky Forums can only afford 500 dollar shitboxes

I'm not in love with this.

looks like a crx in back.

it's just a shitty sedan. converted to a shitty 2 door. converted to a fake SWB wagon. with a holden bum. literally there was no design involved.

>Australia's Product Design team
Fucking shitposters

What the fuck is the fucking use of this thing? Can you even see anything on the back?

It's too big to do what it's trying to do

Needs to have a more sloping roof line and a redesign of the back end.

The flat roof and carried over lights from the standard make it look terrible

Sorry, my connection shit itself and prevented me from adding more pics.

With the back trunk-lid opened.

So whatcha think?

terrible visibility and usability

>literally ZERO rearview visibility

Nobody should allow ausfags make a car

Reminds me of this...

I liked it better when they called it the CRZ.

actually, no, I don't.

They could've made the hatch open like this and get a much larger opening at the same opening height.

Although I usually prefer hatchbacks, the proportions seem strange, and I would get the standard version of that car.

It look way too big

I normally love Shooting Brakes and I like the way the GT86 looks but this just looks bad.
It feels like someone mixed the GT86 rear with the rear of a Prius II

>fucking australians shitposting in the car industry

nice CR-Z with a bodykit

>what is rear view camera?
Sure, the brz, 86 and shit doesn't have that option but its always an aftermarket add-on.

Worst, it looks like a Veloster

Was probably designed by some fuckin immigrant, actual australians prefer V8 sedans

I love shooting breaks but that looks like shit. Like a veloster shitting out an iQ

Honda CRZ.

Not a fan

>doesn't have that option
I thought all new cars in the US legally required rear view cameras?

>Worse visability than the standard toyobaru is possible.

Looks like shit

Whether or not it is good is debatable, but jesus christ you have to be blind to think those rear-ends are the same.

Looks neat but that back window is super tiny. It's like a roadster and a station wagon had a baby.

Except Veloster is an ultimate piece of shit FWD car with no sporty features rather than that ugly ass poop shit alien face. Atleast the Toyota is a RWD and is more fun.

dostedt

The law goes into effect in two years. But at this point pretty much every car worth more than $16k has a backup camera standard, I assumed the 86 would

Dumb, and won't sell.

>two door hatch
>nice long hood
>styling is basically what you'd expect
>can't see shit out the back

Are manufacturers trying to permanently replace rear view mirrors with backup cameras or something?

Subaru website says that there's every option like keyless entry, DRL, ABS, power side mirrors and sucha nd even a 6.2 inch multimedia screen and there isn't the most useful feature, rear view mirror.
that's strange for such a car.

Jesus christ man I cannot unsee. It really does look extremely similar

*rear view camera.

sorry that was a mistake.

They aren't making it like the turbo and convertible.

And there goes the STI brand

looks way better like this.

Aside from your total lack of perspective thats pretty good.

yeah I fucked it up. I can't draw for shit.

Looks alright.

Does lengthening the roof make the back seats any more usable?

Also what's the weight like?

LETS FUCKING COVER THE ENTIRE BACK WINDOW WITH AN UNNECESSARY SPOILER YEAH THAT'LL LOOK GOOD

The 86 is a shitbox dumbass

I'm a wagon/hatchback guy, but that looks like shit. Like a CR-Z shittily grafted onto the back of an FR-S. Would not buy. The roofline curves down too low for how tall the rear quarter panels are. Not only is it much uglier than a coupe Toyobaru, it's not even that much more useful because of how short the cargo area is.

looks like a hatch back than a shooting brake.

Doesn't look like it has enough space to fit in a bigger tray of tofu

But it's not a $500 dollar one.

God damn it
Oh well the RF still looks fucking sweat anyways

>rear view cameras let you look out the back window when not in reverse

Backup cams should be in 2016 BRZ's. Mine has one.

Been there, done that.

My unfinished shop from 2013 is better than this shitty concept. That hatch just like bizzare.
>Copy the Ferrari ff side window/back window
>That's all you had to do Toyota
>instead they manged to fuck it up like everything else

>My unfinished shop from 2013 is better
no it's not

>lets cover my face with unnecessary fat yeah thatll look good

omfg lol i'll never look at his posts the same way again

kek

nice.

Goddamn. Some people just have no fucking pride in themselves. Knowing this, it should influence every post he makes. If he is so damn lazy he can't even be arsed to shave, let alone diet and exercise to be healthy, why the fuck should anyone take anything he has to say seriously.

i've seen him on r9k

BTFO

honestly i love cars that put practicality dead last behind performance and style

fuck usefullness its about having fun and looking cool

why did they make a pretty fun car a gay dad wagon?

>Australians
/int/ was right again!

>holden
Just a straya cunt shitposting

>he said as he leased an automatic frs

is that the roof off a 911 they have shopped onto it?

Why the fuck does noone make liftbacks anymore...? The 86 would look much better as a liftback than some half assed shooting brake. Not to mention it would be a nod to the ae86's design

As an frs owner, i dont know who would even buy this abomination. The frs fills a niche within the driver community but this? Literally why

>How do you want your rearward visibility?
JUST