Titanic general

Is it pretty much accepted now that the angle of the ship was never this extreme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=saHs6J0OXVI
markchirnside.co.uk/pdfs/Conspiracy_Dissertation.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Then how did it break in two?

it did but at a shallower angle, and the split was closer to the water than thought.

Daily reminder that the titanic as designed should have been able to survive the sort of impact it had with the ice berg

I don't even want to ask but are you suggesting the sinking of the Titanic was a conspiracy?

Also I don't think there would still have been steam coming out of the funnels at that point.

Especially not from the fourth one which was a dummy.

ICE CAN'T MELT STEEL FLOOD COMPARTMENTS

Every heard of the book Futility?

It's about the largest ocean liner in the world, called the Titan, reputed unsinkable, but which strikes an iceberg on its starboard side in the North Atlantic 400 miles from Newfoundland on an April night, and sinks with most of its 2500 passengers, since it carried less than half the necessary lifeboats.

Futility was written in 1898.

Ice can't tear steal beams

A head-on maybe, but a side swipe collision isn't going to help. You immediately subject 5 comparments to water.

A interesting prediction, but what does it have to do with Titanic? You think Captain smith said 'ok lads lets do it just like that book that was written 15 years ago

It really was.

youtube.com/watch?v=saHs6J0OXVI

Ice can't cut through steel bulkheads. The Titantic was an inside job, I'm not even memeing.

Everything I just said applies to the Titanic exactly, and I didn't even mention all of it like the length, tonnage, and speed being almost exactly the same.

No the bolts were of poor quality and failed at lower stress than they were rated for

The rivets popped. and the plates sheared. it didnt knive a hole in the side of the ship

I was just about to post this.

Why would anyone do that? For what purpose? Who had anything to gain from painstakingly orchestrating the destruction of an incredibly expensive vessel?

There was that story Edgar Allan Poe where some sailors got stranded on an island and ended up drawing straws to see who would get eaten by others. Some guy named Richard Parker lost.

A few years later some sailors got stranded on an island in real life and they drew straws to see who would get eaten and some guy named Richard Parker lost.

Was that a conspiracy too?

I get that, but how does that translate to the actual wreck?
Was the conspiracy that white star was going to sink their own ship because of a book?
Was the titanic under some curse to match the prediction?

i dont see how a book predictiing the wreck is a conspiracy

No it's the metal provided by Andrew Conkling that was low quality.

Oh no, it wasn't a conspiracy. This touches on something far more sinister.

Spooky ghosts?

Jews?

Stop shitposting on Veeky Forums and go make Zero Escape 4 please

Yes, the metal to make the bolts, which failed

Spooky ghost Jews.

Laugh while you can, and pray you will remain blissfully ignorant of what lies within the icy depths of darkness.

Ice steel can't beam tears.

It has something to do with an accident the Titanic's sister ship the Britannic had. They company switched names on the ships and actually sank the Britannic.

How the fuck would they sink a ship that wouldn't be completed for another two years?

You mean the olympic? The ship had visible differences in design.. the Olympic's A-deck prominade was open all the way while on the titanic it was screened at the front 1/3rd

Iceberg
>berg
You have your answer

Sorry it was the Olympic. Screens were removable.

No they weren't.

Also, what fucking purpose would the name swap have?

No, it was physically constructed differently. Look at the forward a-deck under the officers quarters on both ships, there's no way you could confuse the two ships

Yes they were. The Olympic's accident rendered it uninsurable. Thus any cargo or passengers it carried would have been likewise, along with the crew. The Olympic was not paid for at the time of the accident, and could find no customers.

The so-called Titanic was fully insured at the time it sank.

The titanic was not a 1:1 copy of olympic. Titanic improved on some design aspects, and changed others, like the location of turkish baths, and added B-deck parlour suites (rose's stateroom) that wasnt on the Olympic

The Titanic was a brand new ship and few if any members of the
public would notice interior details of this type. And unless the crew had been on both ships they would not notice the difference either,

>He still hasn't addressed

>((((Iceberg))))
oy vey

Google Andrew Newton's "Titanic. The shocking Truth". This documentary film shows pictures of both ships during the same time periods, and tracks the locations of both. Sources given during credits. See also Newton's book.

The ships were not visually identical externally but were very close. Many of these details on the Qlympic were in fact changed while it was in drydock while repairs were attempted after its collision.

markchirnside.co.uk/pdfs/Conspiracy_Dissertation.pdf

Thank you. a very interesting read, especially the bibliography. I was not aware of the 'Encyclopedia Titanica'.

The insurance money is what I heard

Titanic cost $7,500,000 to build and was only insured for $5,000,000. Why would White Star even need the insurance money?

THE TITANIC WAS AN INSIDE JOB!
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

What is the best book on Titanic?

>(((Iceberg)))
Really makes you think.

Yes it is. They did that for the film only, pure aesthetic reasons to make the crowd go "ahhhh" and the whole drowning of the boat sceane it's still very impressive today.

This is a 1996 video game.

>the Titanic was destroyed by an iceberg
>iceberg
>berg

oy