/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Finally time to get a Vita? edition

Previous thread Missing link /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 • Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: Any / 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without hardware modifications or system transferring hacked DSiWare from a CFW'd 3DS. See the downgrade guide for info on these options. Better options aren't expected anytime soon.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png

>Vita
-Homebrew available now on latest firmware henkaku.xyz

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2016/07/29/henkaku-ps-vita-3-60-hack-team-molecule-challenges-hackers-reverse-hack/
buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/vita/
gist.github.com/xyzz/8902bfc152940e0bd97199cc72609fd8
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-dump-psvita-games.413600/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We must now rally.

How do I upgrade from rxtools?
I'm autobooting from menuhax if that matters.

repostan for help

Can anyone help with this shit?

When I press select the port is 1337, but when I enter it in Filezila it gives me this message.

So close, yet so far away

If you start from scratch the retard guide in the OP should be enough to also get you A9LH.

Otherwise, literally grab another CFW and point ctrbootmanager (which you should be using) to it.

Reboot?

Did the programmer that made henkaku make it impossible to do piracy on it?

Also it would be cool to have a translation hack for Phantasy Star Online 2 for the Vita.

>mfw I just ftp on the terminal

>Did the programmer that made henkaku make it impossible to do piracy on it?
No.

wololo.net/2016/07/29/henkaku-ps-vita-3-60-hack-team-molecule-challenges-hackers-reverse-hack/

They're not beating around the bush saying they can/will stop it (even calling it inevitable), they just put up their barrier and let people go at it.

It's day 0, so only time will tell.

Not that he made it impossible, from what I understand he's just not actively helping with that part. I guess that leaves it to someone else who knows what they're doing?

You need to open port 1337 on your router.

RETROARCH .VPK WHEN??????

buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/vita/

CATSFC AND SNEX9X-NEXT WILL PERFORM BETTER THAN SNES9X-VITA

I think Retroarch itself should catch up in general with the sudden surge of a userbase.

Good or not, they can start polishing it like they did for the 3DS once homebrew got spread around again.

basically suh-may-uh 2.0

Nope, but they didn't do anything to help it either. mr. gas provides a way to play your own dumped games and I think its only a matter of time til that gets fixed so you can run a game with out the cart.

Not really, they're basically inviting it.

Smea just really advocated homebrew and ignored piracy (and still put his protection up) trying to spice it up with things like romhacks/layered FS and screenshots.

can I upgrade to al9h from rxtools or do I need Luma specifically?

With Homebrew for me it's all about the small things, like save management, themes, and nerdy shit like ctr-httpwn. One hopes Vita does get some of that, especially the latter if a need to not update happens.

>save management, themes
Fortunately you can already do this (Vita saves and custom themes).

Does Vita do the whole can't go online and worse when they push an update? I wonder what will happen.

TN-V IS OUT
YOU HAVE TO MODIFY FILES IN UR0:APPMETA/
GOGOGOGO
ARK-2 ON THE WAY TOO

gib sauce

eventually firmware spoofing probably similar to ps3

or an emunand solution ala 3ds/wii

sauce nigger

probably never since rumors of the vita's demise have not been greatly exaggerated

You better not be joking
sauce

How do I do that?

You get in the damn robot fuck boy

Pretty much doesn't want to be v&.

How would I go about decrypting Devil Survivor 2?
The file is too large for the SD.

You can still transfer your legally purchased games via PS3 (to the dismay of /vitagen/) at least.

But yeah, mandatory updates for PSN. Granted, as others have said, we may get a solution.

Can I upgrade to al9h from rxtools?

But how do I get in the robot, user-sama?

google [your router name] port forwarding

Easy homebrew idea:
Like the photos app but specifically for uploading screenshots.

Skip the uncertainty of the web browser and upload directly to pomf, imgur, etc.

so no use in staying on 3.18 now huh?

I updated my rxtools to Luma a few months back.
How do you install a9lh on Luma 11.0 desu

maybe you love your PS1 games

Follow the guide from part 4.

>Tfw savestates don't work in Genesis emulator so I can't just keep replaying Chemical Plant Zone

pls hellp

yes

switch to luma then do part 4 and 5 of plailect's guide

Sweet. TN-X works again.

gib proofs!

Posted on the other thread, gonna post here too.
My N3DS touchscreen stopped working after downloading some CIAS, does anyone know a solution?

I did the Complete RedNAND Setup from Part 3 of that Plailect guide but copying the stuff back to my SD card it asked me whether to overwrite the starter.bin and boot.3dsx. I decided not to because the boot.3dsx on the card was bigger. When I restarted and tried to open the Homebrew Launcher via Menuhax it started doing some shit on the bottom screen that I guess was checking all the files or something. I didn't catch the name of the program when it started but after a couple of minutes it launched into Grid Launcher which surprised me because I had been using the normal launcher before. Restarting again it seems to launch normally without that file checking thing but it still goes to Grid Launcher.

Am I fine to keep following the guide or did I fuck up something?

Looking thorugh the AL9H stuff, it seems like I have to downgrade my firmware. Do I have to do all of that if I already have a CFW? Everyone always says how great it is, but it seems like such a hassle to go through a bunch of steps just to get a faster boot-up time

Stupid question: I'm on Genesis Plus GX. How do I get the roms to run? I made a folder for the roms and it just gives me the directory. Sorry new to this.

we can't make the decisions for you dood

just weigh up the benefits against the costs and decide for yourself

Post your homebrew wishlists:
>USB video streaming like RemoteJoyLite on PSP
>Arbitrary bluetooth controller pairing
>PNG screenshots
>Background apps like IRC or something

So apparently all you need to make TN-V/ARK2 work again is a simple file replacement from a 3.50 and below system. Oh and copying DLC is now a breeze, I was finally able to check what the add-on songs for Taiko DX were.

I'm hearing all this talk about eCFW and TN-X, but no proof. Can you cite a source?

Well duh, we have access to the entire filesystem now similar to Sony.

We may not be able to control exactly what is happening at any moment but we can rollback with ease.

zip them.

It creates a folder for itself in ux0/data, I just put my roms (zipped) in there and they're fine.

That's also where it starts by default in the file viewer.

Does that mean you can even roll back to 3.36 so PSP/GAME access is restored?

Wow, Henkaku was pretty straightforward. I hope this lights a fire on the scene.

Question:

I have a 10.6 and an 11.0 3ds and 3dsxl

I already have a homebrewed 3ds that I followed the guide and now have the full new sysyem (Sys 11.0.0-33U) with freeshop and all the other goodies. I don't know the proper names.

Will I be able to converted these unmodded 3dss into the full result of my modded 3ds following the guide in the OP?

It just seems like a lot of steps.

I'm on cakes with my emuNAND on the latest firmware, a backup nand made with emunand9, a ton of games, most with saves.

Would I have to backup all of my current saves and then reupload them, or even worse, re-download all of my CIA's?

Would doing any of the AL9H setup delete my current emuNAND?

It's day 0, give it time and people will figure it out.

I'd assume Sony didn't leave it that open that you could pick and choose what rolls back and what doesn't. However, if they did that'd be pretty convenient since it would blow the whole PSP sandbox back open.

I'm not updating from my ~3.20 firmware until piracy is confirmed. I have zero interest in "homebrew" and emulators I can just run on my phone.

browserhax exists for 10.6 now, so that will work smoothly

for the 11.0 3ds you need to do the dsiware downgrade though

one of the first things you do before downgrading to 2.1 is back up your emunand. One of the last things you do is restore it to your sysnand.

So you'll keep everything.

>I'm not updating from my ~3.20 firmware until piracy is confirmed. I have zero interest in "homebrew" and emulators I can just run on my phone.
Like 3.20 has that now.

Guess where the devs will be, at least first? 3.60 because everyone else will be too.

I'd give it a week before you change your mind and 3.60 has the same parity as your firmware of the month.

I'm staying as low as possible until piracy is confirmed. Once it's out in the open, I'll update to whatever firmware I need.

N64 Emu
PSP games

is there a good reason henkaku won't be backported to 3.18-3.55?

This is probably going to be a really dumb question, so I apologize for any eye rolls, but I'm currently on the precipice of diving into actual coding after doing basic web development for a while (I mainly make really basic, boring sites for local businesses), and I was wondering what coding language should I start learning if I'd like to be able to code things for the Vita community? I feel that jumping in on something like this would be a solid way to get a lot of practice working with code and hopefully develop something cool or useful. I also just miss the old PSP scene that I grew up with.

It's not that it won't, just this team won't be doing it.

They plan to eventually open source it.

It's a lot of work. All the exploits are there though.

Could you point me towards the downgrade? Sorry. I just want to know if I can eventually pull it to a fully homebrewed 3ds. Again, I do have one fully homebrewed 3ds on hand.

it's described in Plailect's guide.

C++

DOSBox
PC98 Emu

You don't particularly have a choice.

There's an SDK already available to get started immediately, but unless you write an interpreter for some other language (like Lua) you'll be using whatever the SDK provides.

whats a good size memory card to get for the vita

also why are they so goddamn expensive

C/C++ is a solid choice and there should be some nice examples on the tool chain github.

Lua is also a choice, but you'd have to wait till the interpreter is updated to the vpk format.

4GB is a pure trap
8GB is cozy but meh
16GB is the best
32/64GB are memes for autistic children who need everything available at all times and usually don't interact with or use the content.

why vita

get started on learning to code to break open the NX

you have 8 months, get going

And if you think about going for the 32 gb then don't as it is more cost effective to go for the 64.

NX has no games

YOU CAN EVEN DENY THIS

It has Zelda :^)

Thank y'all so much for the solid answers. I'll look into C++ and Lua.

Lol, as a serious answer, perhaps if I work hard enough by the time it comes out, I can join the fight to blow it wide open.

>You can still transfer your legally purchased games via PS3 (to the dismay of /vitagen/) at least.
What is this "/vitagen/ hates buying games" meme?

go with the 32 since it's like 20 bucks more than the 16 for twice the size

That's not it.

They think homebrew is strictly piracy and after converting one can no longer legally purchase games.

Granted, I'm not saying it's the whole general but a vocal minority.

vitagen likes to buy games, they just hate hax
even hax which doesn't produce piracy

Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Sonic Generations 2

Learn low level computing stuff, how a CPU works, how the GPU works. Learn OSs too.

>my router for some fucking reason doesn't let me login to unlock the port

Fuck, got far and I'll try again later. Thanks user.

For vpk: gist.github.com/xyzz/8902bfc152940e0bd97199cc72609fd8

Just take the velf then run it through the tool, then pack it.

Has anyone dumped a Vita game before? I tried follwoing gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-dump-psvita-games.413600/ but used Molecule instead of the email method but when I enter "ux0:app/Vita Game ID" it just says "Could not find the application."

Does anyone know why it happens?

try using the site manager, filled in like pic related. It might just be that for some reason it's not getting that it should be an ftp connection and you just need to specify manually.

Carts are available from /gro0:/

just go in gm0: dude

huh

Wow, I forgot the image, top marks

It's a digital game, and I'm trying to launch the manual through Near so the game is both unecrypted and running in the background so I can launch another app like the content manager

Ps2 or Dream cast emulation is impossible on the vita hardware, correct?

we do have android dreamcast emulator so its not impossible but ps2 emulation isn't going to happen

Can I just connect Vita to sony servers and update? It's 3.36