BEST FIRST CAR THREAD

what is the best first car one can buy for a teenager and why is it the Focus SVT?
>inquiring for my nephew

It's not. This one is.

Civic Si/RSX type s/focus svt are great first cars, they handle well, they're peppy and have a great aftermarket support

>OP posts Focus SVT
>obviously Murrican
>you post Twingo

Smh DESU senpai

I was considering RSX Type-S/Civic Si but o wouldn't trust my nephew not to be a complete jackass because some friend of his told him it's a racecar

Doesn't matter. It's still a better first car IMO.
You don't buy a car you like for your first car. A fresh driver is a shit driver. Dents and scratches and later sorrow and despair inevitable.

>teenager
No, The car makes up about 2% of the market of Focus, and certain parts on the regular models do not fit. The car is not a good car for first time car owners.

Get them something that is easy to work on and cheap. Not a "high" maintenance collision engine.

I think that the average teenager wants a running car.
Therefore the answer is corolla

How the fuck am I supposed to get a Twingo in the US?

So what would you recommend, ZX3 hatch?

This wouldn't be a bad car but I would like to give him something that can get out of its own way

What? They're obliviously not race cars, race cars cost tens of thousands and aren't street legal

Wut?
Literally nothing wrong with a corolla

I know it's not a literal racecar, I'm saying teens are idiots and think racecar applies cause vtak yo
Nothing wrong with what you posted right there, but stock AE102s are slow as shit

Corolla weighs 600lbs less than the svt.
I doubt you'll notice the power difference.

anything old and reliable

why are you trying to take away the right of passage of having a shitty first car?

My buddy has an all built RSX type s 290whp, really fun in a car that weighs 2750lbs. It'll teach your nephews about cars and shit.

>170 vs 110
>2750lbs vs 2315 lbs

You would think it would help but the corolla is still slower

I might as well buy him a Corolla, it'll be cheaper to fix when he wrecks and he might actually make it out alive because he isnt going 90 into a tree

What's wrong with a Focus ZX3 5spd? Is it really that bad of a choice for a first car?

I don't give a shit, I'm just saying it's a better first car.

For a first car, A Civic. You can get a ZX3 if you want.

The ZX3 isn't bad. But picking the SVT as a first is bad. The car has a lot of problems someone who is new to cars shouldn't really be handling.

Being a special model you don't want to take it to a shop, Even official ford dealers fuck up the maintenance on it by doing the normal VIN3 shit instead of the VIN5.

OK, so I've nailed it down to
>Focus ZX3 5spd hatch
>EP3 Civic DI
>AE102 Toyota Corolla DX (7A-FE w/5spd)

Does this sound appropriate?

The SVT version of the focus is plagued with various issues and rice taxed

Search on focaljet

No one here knows shit

>collision engine

Best first car?
>manual
>cheap
>reliable
>easy to work on

That's it. Dont waste your a decent car as your first. You dont know what you're doing and have a very good chance of fucking it up.

Eh, interference. What difference does it make. The belt gets fucked up and the valves hit the pistons.