/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #387

"Shit was so cash" Edition

Previous Thread: Lesbians in Ships is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10725554
strawpoll.me/10740500
strawpoll.me/10777818
strawpoll.me/10793876
strawpoll.me/10811162
strawpoll.me/10863496
strawpoll.me/10863843

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/edouardcaplain/status/624192280115736577
twitter.com/edouardcaplain/status/584106207406907394
youtube.com/watch?v=fT-TAkCI5k0
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
fanfiction.net/s/12073227/1/One-Last-Push
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

“The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid; what can man do to me?”

Guys, I think it's time accept the fact IF the live-action series based on LiS is connecting to the main game that it's going to go with the Bay ending.

This gives me hope

Chloe ended up with his lamp. Max with his plant.
Here's something to conflict you:
twitter.com/edouardcaplain/status/624192280115736577
twitter.com/edouardcaplain/status/584106207406907394

>not "Shit was hella cash" edition
missed opportunity

youtube.com/watch?v=fT-TAkCI5k0

Wowser. I can't believe we used to live in that tiny apartment. Lots of big memories for such a small place.

>we
W-What?

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

I think the series will be something unconnected to Max and Chloe's story. Doing a retelling wouldn't make any sense and picking one ending contradicts Dontnod's previous neutral stances on pretty much every issue.
So I think whatever the series ends up being will be something new with little or no mention of the previous characters. Unless they go the route of redoing the story in a new way.

Maybe they bought the apartment from Edouard along with some of the stuff he couldn't take to his new place.

Eh I wouldn't be too hard on him. He's not listed as the writer for any of the episodes, also he's the art director, so he's responsible for the picturesque-ness of it all.

Chloe is #1

Kate is #1

>Unless they go the route of redoing the story in a new way.
I thought that was their intention

As soon as I saw Chloe, I thought "wow it's like they scanned my brain and designed the perfect waifu for me".

And a fine job he did. I like his style. Even if it's simple you can really get a feel for the setting.

I don't know what their intentions are. All I've heard so far is that it's going to be a live action digital series.
As long as it doesn't end with the Bay ending then I will give it a chance. I hope Max and Chloe are not the focus of it because I doubt anyone's ability to capture their voices, looks, and attitudes. The announcement was just yesterday so I'm sure over time we will hear more news.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!) (thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's Chloe just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

will happen in this thread

No

Of course it will. If it doesn't we'll just rewind and try again.

Ok

>they make Bay ending canon
>epilogue: Max ends up in mental hospital while butterflu fucks everything again

Sounds gud

The Bay ending will never be canon.

>it's a fucking sanic get

More like Max and Warren end up marrying because she was totally into him the whole time haha. :)

Good. Now we can continue comfy posting without any interruptions.

actually michel...

Hannah pls go and stay go until you've played the game and read the journal.

nope.avi

This. We would have had to endure the bitching about how "Tumblr the "Game"" got it.
Would have assuredly ruined the comfy.

"Max is a blank RPG character"
thoughts?

Undeniably wrong. As a character, she's as human as any of us. She has her own past, thoughts, feelings, fears, aspirations, and passions.
And the player cannot change or deny them. They can only give her counsel on what course of action to take, and even those are limited to Max's behavior.

Kinda. I'd say she's like Adam Jensen in the sense that there are a wide variety of ways to play her, but she's absolutely got her own background and biases. If you really want to get the most out of the game, you'll have to let her character seep into your own a little.

>max is gay

I only skimread the previous discussion about this and people seemed pretty angry for some reason so I'm sure I'm actually responding to bait or whatever.

I think the story begins at a time when Max's life is a bit more of a blank slate than normal and, like many teens who move to college or uni, she has the opportunity to reinvent herself. So her acting extroverted when she might normally be introverted, assertive when she might normally be less so, and so on (and the opposite) isn't really out of order.

Really, the player makes fundamental decisions, but they impact little on Max's character.

But she's still a person with a past and desired future. She's still insecure, hipstery, dorky Max with her own hopes and fears and - whatever her character is - it's definitely separate from a blank slate RPG one.

And IP count goes up, what else is new?

Chloesexual

Can I make her be a space alien fighting macho?

>how DARE you disagree with my opinion!

You mean like a Quartz? Max having a gemsona wouldn't surprise me really.

>gemsona
...what?

"Wow, this is a really shitty RPG"

>LiS's conscenarist's saying ''"In the game you have to follow Max, which helps feeling related to her''
>LiS's noob community manager's saying ''Max is nothing. She's exactly what you want her to be. Also sexual preference is optional, variable :)''

it's just sexuality though. there's no reason for you insecure fags to be uppity about it.

Dontnod has lost the right to declare what is canon and what is not. Death of the Author was invoked long ago.

Well, I'm not even gonna turn this into tumblrina argument but my point was it's always gets so ridiculous whenever they try to defend Max's an rpg game character. Now they're still defending that idea by saying ''sexuality is variable :^) ''

It isn't a bioware rpg where you get to control the protagonist's past and personality. Max is a fully realized character with existing personality and memories, albeit someone at a point in her life where she's still figuring out exactly who she is and who she wants to be going forward. The player should be able to nudge her slightly in one direction or another, but not completely reshape who she is.
That's why the '"being lesbian" is player choice' statement feels so ridiculous. The events of one single week when you're 18 wont decide your sexual orientation. Whether or not Max realizes the extent of her feelings for Chloe is up to the player, sure, as is whether or not she'll give in to Warren's advances despite her platonic (or luke-warm at a stretch) feelings towards him.

In my opinion the game itself suggests that there is no canon or true timeline and this lends credence to the notion that "Max is a blank RPG character". The "nightmare" sequence at the end of the episode 5 makes the suggestion that rather than changing reality all Max is doing is creating multiple extant timelines that continue on after she departs from them. Every decision in the game is an illusion because in another timeline it has been made and every possible reality is simultaneously true rather a single reality being altered by time manipulation. The corollary of the "nightmare sequence" reflecting the "true nature" of Max's powers is that every possible outcome in Life is Strange is canon.

Then there's tons of timelines where awful things happen.
I saw Max's nightmare as her mind playing into the fear that her powers have been hurting people. That there are numerous Max and Chloes that are left abandoned, hurt, or dead. The whole nightmare is showing Max's fears even when they are illogical and unwarranted.
But there's absolutely nothing to suggest that there's numerous timelines or universes.
Whenever Max changes the past through a photo, it shows events being altered and overwritten. It means they never happened (For anyone but Max).

>LiS is an RPG game?
No? If so, then we'd find a way to save everybody,get different events etc. But didn't everybody get(indepenant from choices); same scenes, journal entries (little bit different but with the same consclucion),dialogues.. and in the end they had to choose between 'two' binary endings right?

>Max is an RPG game character?
To french frogs, plebs and tumblrcucks yes. To game, no. You can slightly influence her to change her journey little bit, but eventually everything ends up same.

>image
>text
all my kek

Its just an interesting possibility that the game deliberately puts in the player's mind. "What if Max is just creating parallel universes full of people she's left behind rather than changing a single temporally contiguous universe". The ambiguity around much of the game's story, particularly the nature of Max's power, leaves this open as one of the many possible interpretations of this game. Personally I would have loved for things to get more philosophical towards the story's climax rather than just placing hints at single universe chaos theory and parallel universe theories as possible explanations.

Exact opposite, Max's dream was clearly showing she isn't a blank character and has her own feelings. Because it's not only about her powers but also it shows her subconscious.

>Max's an rpg character
>She's exactly what you want her to be
>also ''sexual preference is optional''

Monday- I wanna be gay then lesbean
Tuesday- I wanna be str8
Wednesday- I wanna be panromantic pansexual
Thursday - I wanna be asexual
Friday- I wanna be bedsexual
Saturday- I wanna be tumblrMarisexual
Sunday- I wanna be dedsexual

Accurately capturing the millennial college experience

but she's bi

What did she mean by this?

>multiple timelines...

We'd already asked to Michel about it and guess what his answer was? something about Imagination

Tell that to the idiots on twitter and facebook talking about how she's straight in their playthrough.

nah user. that's toby.
Max's chloesexual

>Getting upset over facebook and twitter posts

I'm sure if you asked Max she would tell you something like "I love Chloe, the labels and stuff aren't important."

she stated that she's attracted to skater boys at the start (that was until seeing another skater chick; Chloe and her fucking blue hair tho)
but delusional cucks still buying ''she's bi cuz of warryn'' bullshit while she doesn't even attracted to him not even physically. inb4 Max's epic facepalm and 'ew'

Max IS and WILL always be a straight, pure and non-degenerate woman. No amount of tumblr ship drawings will convince me otherwise.

If you want to troll more successfully use fewer buzzwords and memes.

Having a different opinion doesn't equal to "trolling". Stop trying to turn this place into your safespot

Alice IS and WILL always be a straight, pure and non-degenerate rabbit. No amount of /lisg/ ship drawings will convince me otherwise.

Of course having a different opinion isn't trolling. Using /pol/ memes like 'degenerate' and tumblr as an adjective is either deliberate trolling or you're just brainwashed by the echo chamber.

>next word: hivemind

>implying you aren't brainwashed by being triggered by those objective terms

its 2016... they exist for a reason

Wrong.

Your fucking tumblr tho

>degeneracy is an objective value and I'm the authority on it
Okay.. pretty sure its an adjective not a noun to start with

HA! I didn't realize someone made that one. That's great.

>having a different opinion doesn't equal to ''trolling''
>muh I don't care about the game. my opinion is canon because I said so

whatever you say, tumblrina.

>calling me tumblr
Where is this switcheroo shit coming from. It's just fact that if you chose to save chloe you're objectively a worthless fucking idiot.

>objectively
Your usage of this word is what outs you as a troll.

Not an argument. Maybe i am using this game as a litmus test for shit people.

>Not an argument
Another stellar /pol/ meme. No, my post was not an argument. Astute observation there, user.

>IP count goes up

They're using all the troll things.
>Capitalizing words for emphasis when not needed
>Meaningless buzzwords
>Using "Degenerate" to amount to "Something I don't like"
>Current year
>Using "Not an argument" as their argument
They're shitposting. Don't give them any more attention.
My guess is they're someone from /pol/ using the arguments/ phrases they hate seeing and turning them into their tools for (poorly) trolling.
No (You)'s for you, Mr. Troll.

you've got your (you)s
now, post ape pics

>muh pole meme
and yet it can be applied to every scenario and every individual who don't know what they're talking about. Really makes you think.

Ignore

And now, we return to our regularly scheduled cuteposting

[In Case of Shitposting - Break Glass]
*Smash*

Emergency Cuteposting Reserves:
[ ] Deactivated
[X] Activated

She said skater boys are cute.
I find cats cute, doesn't mean I wanna fuck'em.

That's not how life words buddio. Using past /lisg/ scenarios as a way to discredit different viewpoints is simply not acceptable. I can do this all day until you triggered-prone tumblr plebs will understand.

>daily reminder that it's confirmed that the blue butterfly is storm summoner (the harbinger of disaster) This means, it became clear that the storm's still coming in Bay ending

If you have an actual dissenting argument and can phrase it both clearly and Veeky Forums buzzword free you will be taken seriously.
Like this guy All I can say at this point is "Not an argument, buddio".

>triggered-prone tumblr plebs

pretty much defines yourself

Well like i said before. Those "buzzwords" exist for a reason.

Elaborate or don't reply at all.

eh, whatever.
eventually she got obsessed with the blue chick.

Holy fuck what are you even arguing about?
State your position and arguments for it.

There's difference between dissenting argument and twisting facts for attention whoring.

>he doesn't know about deleted tweet

Whatever your views on sexual morality, it's simply inarguable that Pricefield is best pairing.

Both fundamentally and from a base aesthetic level.

Some pleasant reading material
fanfiction.net/s/12073227/1/One-Last-Push

Maybe too happy to be one of the actual endings, but it's still cute.