BUYING USED MIAT

yuropoor here, i'm buying a 2005 NB
do you see anything wrong with these two pics?

the engine is in a good state, I haven't seen rust anywhere else, it's got about 80k miles and it makes a small vacuum noise when I go up in the RPM's
thoughts?

>buying a Miata
Found your problem

>being a fag
found yours

There's better roadsters for the price available in europe. Miata is objectively shit.

>defending miatas

>here is your reply

not as reliable, or as cheap

anyone?
also when I press the accelerator there's like a scratching feel, is that normal?

like what?

It's just rusted. Spray some penetrating oil, let it soak, and torch the shit out of it. If the bolts break, just chop it out. Then throw it away and put something better on there, with stainless hardware.

I would say replace that, what I'm assuming is the muffler. I'd also take a closer look at that suspension arm and it's bushings.

As far as the second picture go, I'd just replace the brake discs, maybe the pads while you're at it.

I don't see anything wrong. It's not rusted to shit, and everything is attached. A better picture would've been under the front end of the car. For instance:
>Leak at oil pan
Drop entire front sub-frame to remove oil pan. Not bueno.

Also, people worried about rusty exhaust pipe; What the fuck is the matter with you? It's an EXHAUST PIPE. Who cares. Those bolts will be a bitch is 7 years when it might matter, but let future you worry about that.

there were no noticeable leaks (I checked every angle myself, before and after ignition)
is this gonna be an issue?

also, thoughts on those feelings?

these photos are so shit you should just give up and ride the bus instead

That exhaust looks disgusting but everything else looks pretty damn good, IMO.
Could be better, could be worse. Can't really see much, fampai.

80k miles? IDK how much miats sell for in yurup but an NB fetches between $3k-$7k in the US. Is it a 1.8L? 5spd or 6spd? Just wondering. Also you're on your own figuring out what that "vacuum noise" is. I'd buy it if it's a 1.8.
>also when I press the accelerator there's like a scratching feel
wut...?
>is that normal?
No.
>is this gonna be an issue
I think he's just shitposting. If it rides nice, it rides nice. Or at least decent... if you enjoy the car enough and wanting to do shit to it, you'll end up replacing the shocks eventually anyway. Should post more pics nigga.

>everything else looks pretty damn good
i'm getting paranoiac about those schock absorbers

>80k miles?
they're selling it 5900 dollars (more or less), it's a 5 speed but the thing is, it's not the 1.8, it's the 110hp version

>wut... ?
on a normal car when your foot travels along the accelerator, it feels as smooth as if you were just pressing on a spring
however, on this miat it feels as though the pedal is grinding against something

yeah I know, I shoulda taken more pics, but the rest seemed fine to me

anyways it's either this or a 1992 pristine vti del sol

Concerning the rust on the muffler, 2 things can be said:

-If there is only the muffler to change and that the rest of the car is ok, then this shouldn't stop you from buying it
-Considering how rusty the muffler is, I would double check if there are more rust in other parts around it (even if mufflers usually take more rust than other parts in general). You don't want to have what I call "rust spread".

For the accelerator, what you described sounds weird to me. I can't tell you what causes that, but it's definitevely not normal. Check if the accelerator is operated with a cable or hydraulix ystem. Maybe that's just some issue with a cable needing some lube or a cheap part to change (obtain NB maintenance plans).

As you stated, you have an other option on a "pristine" Del Sol. But you could also wait for another interesting Miata to pop up.

>i'm getting paranoiac about those schock absorbers
You shouldn't. They're a normal wear item so you'll be replacing them sooner or later anyway. As long as they're not obviously blown right now, don't worry about it.

my 03 nb has same amount of rust. i wouldn't worry about it too much

well, thanks everyone
I think i'm gonna wait for a better deal