I need help

I need help

I saw this video on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=Ajc2Nf3ksPs

Some of the clips that guy used are insanely crisp. I have never, ever seen footage from 90s F1 in that quality. It has to be HD captures of film footage, I don't think remastered broadcast master tapes can look that good. Does anybody know what the source is?

Why doesn't anybody on this cucking board know something about anything?

This would be a question for /g/, Veeky Forums doesn't really deal with cameras and editing.

/g/ would probably tell you that it's not your personal tech support and that you need to get out, REEEEEE.

It's not about cameras and editing. This guy made a video and he took clips from some movie or TV show that has 90s F1 in crazy good quality. What movie or TV show did he take the clips from.

at that time, even some series like star trek TNG were filmed on film and formula 1 is a fucking huge thing. so there's a big chance that some of it was actually on film.

on the other hand back then there were also high rez video cameras that just got scaled down for TV. came hand if you needed to zoom in on footage later.

> Marlboro car
> Back when tobacco companies could advertise

its called 35mm film, perhaps you've heard of it.

its been a standard for HD video for like . . . . 70 years.

Much like the new Starwars Movie . . . which was filed on 35mm film.

how that guy got a hold of it, who knows. But all you have to do is get a good quality scan of the original film and you can go up to what we call "Full HD"

>> Marlboro car
>> Back when tobacco companies could advert

After they had switched to vertical white lines they still ran traditional logo once a year in Turkey.

>newfriends don't have the 4chanmotorsportstorrent.

Alex Zanardi.
Yes, those are pieces of human meat.

Moar

>intestines and god knows what else
What happened in what race? Holy Shit.

>just Wiki'd it
Lost 3/4 blood volume. THREE FUCKING QUARTERS. Holy Shit the medical staff on duty that day are goddamn heroes.

It's quite hard to get hold of full F1 footage from that era. I tried a few months back and couldnt even find most races in english. Nobody who owns the rights seems towant to publish full copies.
Maybe it's cut from small sections of TV programs. The BBC showed a lot of old footage last year.

Film is a literal capture of real life. It's resolution can be infinite, it boils down to the lens quality.

That fucking gif.

>It's resolution can be infinite, it boils down to the lens quality.

>what is grain

Well, considering he also lost about 1/3 of his body volume, he didn't need as much blood anymore anyway.

I have been browsing Veeky Forums for a while but holy shit am I taken back by the absolute stupidity in this thread.

For starters. Alex Zenardi had his legs amputated by the crash. Those are his legs you see in the photo. His body above the knees was not damaged.

As for the youtube video. People sample movies, TV, whatever to make highlight videos on youtube. OP is asking for what movie or doccumentary the guy on youtube pulled those clips from.

F1 broadcasts were not orginally shot on flim, they were broadcast live, dumbfucks. Somebody had to go out of their way to shoot on flim. Somebody got access to that flim and digitally captured it to make some doccumentary.

By 1993, news and sports broadcasting used digital tape formats such as D-1 and D-5, which recorded the same resolution as DVD, but uncompressed.

you should check out 1960s bat man
shits crisp as fuck in 1080p must have been filmed with a large format

Fuck you, I was waiting for the guy to shoot.