Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
>pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
jii.moe/Vkg7ZHvGW.7z (Famitsu scans)

>EO V Demo Info
>pastebin.com/s48yTdFT

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/

>EO V demo .cia link
mega.nz/#!kFZwRKQI!OrcgaWZA9h3tIzXnY8X43FWxnbR6NjIP_lJr-g4yzsM

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!GdtlBbBC!xaNCVm-gdvt3fsbqXiL86mbHjvFKdEgD3La_L9hlAjs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post best girl

Okay

you first, cuckboi *pushes you hard*

Anyone got a beef, they're welcome to step up!!!

desu wa

Might be a little slowpoke on this, but I was going to make a little handy edit to the EOV weakness chart for later use but it seems that Fear as a Status has been removed. I was wondering why Necromancer didn't have any Fear based skills so I guess that would explain it. Everything else is in its rightful place compared to the EOU2 chart.

Traveling to another world and collecting a cute harem!

Delete this.

Favorite demo class?

cestus

I haven't even used Cestus yet, but I think it'll be my favorite.

But they weren't joking about that Bunker stuff, you get that 2nd Bunker up and that's the last time you'll get hit by a FOE for the rest of the fight.

fuck off

if you put 10 points straight into bunker in the demo your bunker literally has 255 defense, and apparently bunkers have their own built in damage reduction that makes it so all damage gets reduced to single digits anyway.

On Advanced, I used Lvl. 2 Bunkers and the caterpillar FOE did damage ranging from 1-5 on attacks against the Bunker. Not sure what calculations it uses but a Bunker has never been one-shot.

Only did the Owl FOE on Basic, but it had a splash attack that did 6 damage on a Lvl 2 Bunker, so I'll have to try it on Advanced.

Cestus
Wasn't really impressed with Necro Hound or Masurao

Still requesting help:
See pic.

Petrification has also completely changed. It basically acts as a super stun that boosts the inflicted's defense, and it can wear off during battle. It makes sense, when instant death was already a thing.

What's wrong with Necro?

Just not really that impressive in the demo. Low damage, meh healing. I only really got the tank ability when I finished the third floor so I didn't get to try it out much but I didn't find that I really needed a tank up till that point. Masurao and Hound were just okay but Cestus brought the big damage.

Not him, but my Necro is just for the party heal and sits around using items during important fights.
I'm sure they'll come into their own later on, and the fact that the ghosts persist is nice, but I'd much rather have a Bunker up than a Ghost taking up a Summon slot and I can get an Herbalist if I need heals.

This would look way better with smug young dragoon.

I suggest getting the poison skill up to L4. It's fairly reliable in terms of landing, hits every enemy, and 105 damage a turn is nothing to sneeze at that early on.

Fear was only in the first two games as Hexer's control skill if I remember right, III had that disease ailment, IV changed the appearance of curse and doesn't seem to have added anything that I can recall.

>Petrification has also completely changed. It basically acts as a super stun that boosts the inflicted's defense, and it can wear off during battle.
Warlock's Alter makes a bit more sense now. Still dying to find out if it can be modified with Multistrike.

Does it actually take 3 turns for Alter to activate? That seems pointless. Most regular encounters are over or close to by then.

>Alter goes from overpowered to useless

>waiting 3 turns to petrify someone
it was already shit

IF it can be Multistrike'd, that would open up the possibility for 2 Multistrike spells in one turn, meaning 4-12 hits from a single character. Which could be fantastic for feeding Hound's Sanzu.

But I'm probably just being too optimistic.

*Masurao's

How can Teach stay relevant in these modern times?

bigger titties

become an elf

Dear Etrian General.

I own only one game on 3DS, EO IV and I lately discovered that somehow I forgot about it and never finished it, despite having a lot of fun (yet, less than with EO 1 and 3).

I want to finish it. And I want to kindly ask you guys, about my current party, if something needs to be changed and how.

They are (all girls, of course, all lvl 56):

Fort/Dancer

Class skill 3/3, Bolt strike 1/10 ,Ally Shield 3/6, Strike Guard 3/6, Taunt 4/4, Element Guard 3/6, Auto-Taunt 4/4, Iron Wall 4/10, Line Shield 3/6, Knight's Boon 3/6, Rampart 1/6, Party Shield 6/6, Holy Blessing 4/4, Weak Shield 2/6, Guard Mastery 4/8, HP Boost 4/10

Fan Dance 5/5, Quick Step 1/2

5 skill points left

Lands/Bushi

Class skill 3/3, Power Break 3/6, Mind Break 3/6, Power Boost 4/8, Double Strike 3/8, Iron Wall 4/8, Initiative 4/8, Penetrate 3/8, Swordbreaker 3/6, Swift Stab 3/8

Blood Surge 1/3, Endure 2/2, Deep Breath 1/2
Charge 2/2, Ferocity 2/4

16 skill points left

Nightseeker/Arcanist

Class Skill 3/3, Ice Knife 3/10, Binding Slice 2/10, Sand Throw 2/6, Nerve Throw 6/6, Blade Flurry 6/6, Assasinate 5/8, Sleep Throw 2/6
Shadow Bite 3/8, Curse Throw 2/6, Spread Throw 2/4, Speed Bost 4/10, Venow Throw 6/6, Follow Trace 2/8, Auto-spread 5/6

Warding Mist 3/3, TP Return 1/3, Ailment Boost 5/5

1 skill point left

Medic/Arcanist

Class skill 3/3, Healing 4/10, Line Heal 4/10
Steady Hands 1/6, Refresh 6/6, Treat 1/6, Recovery 1/6, Full Heal 4/4, Party Heal 4/10, Revive 4/8, Group Therapy 4/4, Full Refresh 2/4, Auto-Heal 3/8, Auto-Revive 2/8, TP Boost 1/6, Heal Mastery 4/8

Circle Boon 3/3, Poison Circle 4/4, Chain Circle 2/4, Snare Circle 2/4, Dismiss Heal 1/5, Hood Circle 2/4

1 skill point left

(comment too long)

Runemaster/Bushi

Class Skill 3/3, Fire/Ice/Volt Rune 1/6, Runic Gleam 4/7, TP Boost 4/8
Fireball/Ice Lance/Lighting Rune 2/10, Flame/Glacier Rune 2/8, Storm Rune 6/8, Runic Shield 2/4, Free Energy 3/6, Runic Guidance 3/6, Runic Flare 4/10, Blizzard Rune 1/8, Galvanic Rune 8/8, Rune Mastery 4/8, Origin Rune 3/8

Blood Surge 1/3, Road 1/2, Endure 1/2, Deep Breath 1/2

1 Skillpoint left

Thank you for any help or advice.

>all lvl 56

You should already be done, unless you mean 100%.

Your skill placement is fine, though you can rest your Fort/Dancer and get rid of any offensive or Guard Skills beyond Party Shield to max your Guard Mastery.

I would also say turn your Medic/Arcanist into an Arcanist/Medic since you're going to be relying on your Circles to bind everything at once in the 6th Stratum, especially Warped Savior's 4 Buds.

>go into the 6th stratum for the first time
>this isn't so bad
>full party petrification self destruct

This. She needs to constantly be getting plastic surgery so that we can appeal to the shifting trends in boob sizes. She'll just have to stay clothed for the rest of her life, because she'll look like a chest burster version of the Frankenstein monster tried getting out and just gave up hallway through.

Your builds look pretty good for what you have. The only things I'd recommend are to eventually transfer points to Glacier Rune for when enemies resist Galvanic and to maybe drop Origin. Very few enemies resist all three elements, so the skill costs a ton for something that has a really niche use. Plus, you can't get bonus damage from your passives for exploiting weaknesses. Maybe also change Medic/Arcanist to Arcanist/Medic? The medic's healing is overkill for most of the game, and an Arcanist can really benefit from having twice as potent circles and (relatively) cheap Releasal Spell.

>You should already be done, unless you mean 100%.

Forgot to mention that I am in the middle of opening the big doors at the beginning of 5th sanctum.

>Your skill placement is fine, though you can rest your Fort/Dancer and get rid of any offensive or Guard Skills beyond Party Shield to max your Guard Mastery.

Guard skills are not worth using?

What about the rest of people? I mean, what to focus Lands/Bushi and Nightseeker/Arcanist next? Lands have 16 left skill points, since I dont know what to do with them.

>I would also say turn your Medic/Arcanist into an Arcanist/Medic since you're going to be relying on your Circles to bind everything at once in the 6th Stratum, especially Warped Savior's 4 Buds.

But what about healing? I tried using circles for healing, but it was far less effective.

You're way overleveled, especially for how competent your skill placement is, so you should blow through the 5th "Stratum" and final boss.

Party Guard is just so good that all other Guards are invalidated once you have "max" fan dance and Guard Mastery. You're either Party Guarding on the front every turn, or you're killing the enemy before they can attack.

As for Healing, you can put some points in the Medic tree of Arcanist/Medic, but you want max Arcanist skills as they'll pay dividends at the end game. Almost every enemy encounter configuration on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the 6th Stratum is designed to wipe you by turn 2, but with a well placed Arm or Head bind to all enemies, you can breeze through them.

Ah, okay.

I still didnt figured out, how to deal with TP cost, especially on Fort.

Your Fort's Class Skill is to get TP every time its attacked while on the front line.

With Party Guard, attacks that you evade or nullify still count and you should be raking in the TP.

Yeah, that was the plan, but somehow, it rarely work properly. I mean, usually I burn skill for nothing during boss fights.

Also, make sure to eat the element resist fish from the 4th Area. I'm pretty sure it's the rare, gold, fish and should give moderate resistance to all elements.

You can view the map while resting at the inn to see if there's any rare fish available.

Thanks.

Also, it was pretty nice to hear that I placed skillpoints well. I was afraid that I screwed something up completely.

I just need to figure out what to do with Lands and her 16 unspent skillpoints.

ost rip when

Ricky is tiny.

Sell the onahole.

Of the demo? Someone posted that ages ago.

Is there an undub patch for the Untold games?
I'd like to finally go back and finally finish the story modes for both of them before V rolls around and I wanna make the voices a little more bearable to hear.

okay, where is it then?

I dunno, check the archives. I think it was uploaded to mega.

Not for the first one.

Yeah I found the one for the second, but is there really none for the first?
That's a bit of a bummer.

mega.nz/#!GdtlBbBC!xaNCVm-gdvt3fsbqXiL86mbHjvFKdEgD3La_L9hlAjs
I expect 99 Nectars for this

So is this just for the songs that appear in the demo or does it have the full game's music?

>Of the demo? Someone posted that ages ago.

What do you think?

Ah.
I was hoping for more.
Thanks anyway. Guess I gotta wait until the game releases to hear the rest.

>2U
>fighting Esbat
>only Artelinde left
>coincidentally have my beast use his break on the same turn she decides to use Nature Will

>coincidentally

They always use their Break skill 3 turns after their partner dies.

It was my first time fighting them so I didn't know that. Pretty damn sure it would have wiped my party too if not for the True Endurance.

It would've. It hits more than 5 times and she debuffs you the turn before.

>fighting Esbat
>Always kill them togheter so I have no idea what happen when they use their Force Break

I was trying to keep them at equal health and all that did was cause them to Force at the same damn time.

Okay.

Eh>ね

They use it after a certain number of turns no matter what

It's after their ally dies or they take enough damage

Is their guild name Contrarian?

worst sarashi
worst whip woman
2 males
1 acceptable but not perfect hexer

Why does this remind me of 7th Dragon

because miwa drew it

Same artist or similar enough artstyle?

Only the alchemist is the worst there

>Contrarian
That's a pretty good name for a guild.

You have questionable taste, Anonymous.

glasses girl > black hair dude > blonde girl > blonde guy
Prove me wrong

There's a blonde guy?

Blonde guy > Blonde girl > black hair guy > glasses "girl"

>Only the alchemist is the worst there
>hating edgychemist

even Himukai loves him

dude epic lmao

He's not edgy. He's some 30 year old guy who's too tired to be dealing with these dumb lolis.
The blonde is edgier.

I could just be blind, but I really don't like the circle/double circle/triangle/x symbols. They really don't stand out clearly.

>Hexers
Red girl >Blue girl > Red guy = Blue guy
>Ronins
Kimono > Old Man > Sarashi > Young man
>Dark Hunters
Brown skin > Pink hair > Blonde hair > blue hair
>Alchemists
Blonde guy > Edgelord > Blonde girl > Black hair girl
>Troubadors
Grey hair = Orange hair > Brown skin > pink hair
>Medics
Apollo > Medigirl > Mediwoman > glasses
>Survivalists
Short hair girl > long hair girl > short hair guy = long hair guy
>Landsharks
Red girl > Red boy >blue boy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> forehead
>Protectors
Grown man > the rest

Literally cannot prove me wrong.

>Being a hipster

How can you be so correct and then fuck it all up at the Alchemists?

>Hating Teach
Laugh at this pleb who can't appreciate beauty.

Ugly boy

Apollo?
Who?

>ronin, DH, Alch

you're alright

>Short hair "girl"
>Higher than anything

Ricky DLC when?

>Huh, I feel like I should know this artist
>google
>It's the fucking guy who wrote Getenrou

>That class that you like every portrait for.