/simg/ - Simulations Games General

BLUEFLAG SOON edition

Previous Thread: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq (embed)

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in (embed)

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE (embed)

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg (embed)

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X

>Example of non-welcome games:
Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qXbGh8HVvU0
youtube.com/watch?v=1wivXgn75lw
puuDOTsh/qj9yM/25f7b0c1df.zip
picosong.com/tiVb/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ibrvzon1ByA&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Can't even remove the (embed)
Jesus Christ is it that hard to make an OP and not fuck somthing up?

youtube.com/watch?v=qXbGh8HVvU0

Vietnam ops WHEN

We did Nam ops and we blew the entire f-5 flight out three to five.

>based Egyptian MiG

Wish we had more sand, love that scheme.

>had PvP ops
>migs won again

Too bad I'm gone, I'm jelly.

ima post a video later.
Literally a textbook ambush.

I got a two hour flight coming up, and then like 4 hours of layover.

Please give me something to watch.

In return, rare irl fishbed to give you strength.

I haven't been able to post here for a month because my tyrannical college blocked Veeky Forums and I wasn't able to play DCS for a month because my college doesn't allow desktops. Also I go to a senior military college as a underclassmen before you ask why I can't have nice things

What did I miss? Can I fire S530's in CAC? Is the F-5 good?

Is the Mirage shit? It looks shit to me.

>What did I miss?
new round of blue flag just started
simg is still shit

>Can I fire S530's in CAC?
S530? CAC?

>Is the F-5 good?
yes but the missiles are poop
update inbound

>Is the Mirage shit? It looks shit to me.
you're shit user

I meant the RAZBAM depiction of it, it seems like it isn't as slickly made as belsimtek's work

Friendship ended with MiG-21

Now
F-5E
is my
best friend

>fly 21 on F5 vs Fishy bed server
>6 planes right in front of me
>radar doesn't pick up any of them

nigga what the fuck are you on about
it's one of the sexiest planes currently modeled in the game and considered to be an overall great module

thought that was a real picture for a moment

t. RAZBAM

the textures are 2D and wonky in places, the LCOS is janky as all hell

kys pepe

ded

Cool shit

REEEEEE WHEN ARE THEY GONNA FIX THE 21 RADAR

>BnZ.webm
>booms
>doesn't zoom

But now it finally has look down capabillities :^)

/bodied

How are you supposed to find where ground targets are in these pvp servers when you're in an older plane like Su-25? Somehow I doubt the pilot always just randomly checked one of the enemy towns. Wish they had some kind of vague ground unit reporting system from other AI

I'm pretty sure even modern planes with targeting pods get directed by JTACs and A/FACs

youtube.com/watch?v=1wivXgn75lw

I checked their jtac setting but didn't seem to give any useful info, though it was near the end of the server restart so many they were all dead.

Want Russia beta to shut the fuck up about being too low while you memeing?

Don't want to turn her off to avoid wingsnap?

Here you go kiddos: puuDOTsh/qj9yM/25f7b0c1df.zip

Haven't tested but should work.

>the mde song

Does anyone have RAZBAM's A-6 Intruder for Strike Fighters 2, by any chance?

Check my mixtape, it's lit.

picosong.com/tiVb/

(Going to be for a menu mod)

MiG-29A vs Mirage ops
WHEN
H
E
N

I'll start shilling this.

MAGIC's are bugged so NO

Thanks bruh

Just use gun))

BR Class 02 02003 performing early morning marshalling duties at hedborough sidings, collecting a rake of BR vans which will make up the tail end of a train being pulled by the BR Class 43.

Love these old diesel shunters.

Also, is anyone here savvy with webm creation? the raw footage of this clip was only 1.9MB and in higher resolution at full quality, with audio. When converted to webm at lower quality it ballooned to 3MB. What did I do wrong?

Is this a meme?

I'm not quite sure I follow, was my question not clear?

I'm wondering why the raw MP4 video I captured is considerably smaller in filesize than the resulting webm of that footage when converted.

You're rusing me with wanting to make train webms right?

I was told that this general was accepting of train simulation.

I had a discussion here with an user who was interested in getting started with it himself and posted a few webms. Nobody complained.

This is quality bait.

>A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>train sims
>which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

I apologise for your loss.

>simulating trains
>ssimulating something that is literally on rails

Sorry 4 ur loss

We should use the radio mod for blueflag ops. Almost everyone is using it.

I fail to see how a simulation of something which moves on rails is any less of a simulation than something which does not.

It seems an arbitrary distinction.

Is there a particular scenario or locomotive you would prefer to see? I was planning on focusing on British diesel shunters from 1950-1983 but I can do something else if you'd prefer.

stop bullying the trainlad

this is the prism of autism

yes i agree

In this clip we can see the BR Class 03 at Doncaster works yard, on its way to collect wheels which need to be straightened before being reattached to their bogies. This necessitates using the yard turntable.

The Class03 diesel/electric shunter is interesting in having five high-torque forward gears where as the slightly smaller Class02 has only neutral and first gear.

Is there a driveby mod at least

Driveby mod?
I'm not familiar with it no, what does it do?

can you fucking shoot somebody in the face with a sshity old lorcin as you rocket past them

Perhaps such a mod exists but it wouldn't interest me, sorry.

I am mostly interested in classic British Steam and Diesel locomotives and their operation on British routes which I have visited.

I take it from the tone of the replies I am receiving that my posts are not exactly welcome.

no they're doubly welcome

teach us your peaceful ways traveler we have much to learn from you

This absolutely HAS to be a fucking meme.

Don't worry Trainposter, I enjoy your stuff as a childhood trainfag.

You piqued my interest enough I'll probably pick up the game next time it's on sale.

Ignore the jerks, you're covered by the OP.

> reCaptcha: Trains

are there any guns on your train?

SEXY PLANE OPS WHEN

We need to have a night where everyone dresses up in really sexy clothing before they play

And has some kind of autistic gay group Skype call?

Yes. Do you want to be co-coordinator?

Here's a bit of fun, a ride on the Corris heritage railway narrow gauge gravity cars in Wales.

No engine, no running gear of any sort, just a car brake. Miners used these to get back down the valley from the pit itself.

go on...

i just came everywhere on everything

I don't understand trainfags, what's the appeal of trains? At least planes are these giants things of metal that somehow stay in the air and move in three dimensions

Dumbass they live in 4 directions. Up down left right.

user that was asking all the questions the other night here. Unfortunately the shitposters are awake. When you were helping the other night was just before they woke up so there was no bullying.

I was reading more about TS16 yesterday and the base content seems pretty comprehensive for a new player, so that's cool. Steam engines look complicated as fuck and the German electric train (DB30? It looked like a red box) had a bunch of buttons and even an MFD looking thing that I wonder is functional.

It's an anime fag, typical degenerate who can't read.

The posts themselves are mildly interesting, but what truly fascinates me is the level of autism required to sit and play a train simulator for potentially hundreds of hours on end.

>the level of autism required

Says the guy who posts creepy anime images every post. Pot calling the kettle black

Locomotives and Trains can be experienced across the full spectrum of dimensions.

As for my interest in them, what's not to love about them? They are huge, towering powerful machines capable of doing huge feats of strength. Machines which were, when invented, the pinnacle of human ingenuity and construction.

Locomotive engines created and formed the world around us, their mark visible to this day. We owe a lot to the humble Train.

Britain in particular, being the birthplace of the Locomotive, was transformed inside and out, culturally and industrially by the invention and adaptation of the Train, no single invention, not even the discovery of electricity, shaped those Isles so deeply.

Towns sprung up and thrived where previously it was untenable, people gained access to long distance travel and haulage at speeds which were previously unbelievable and the whole system invigorated the country.

As Britain stoked the fires of the early steam boilers so too did those boilers stoke the fires of industry and discovery.

From the hugest american long distance freight train to the smallest of heritage yardwork engines, each and every Locomotive tells a story, where and when it was made, what team worked on it, what it has done in its life, they are living recordings of the history of hard work, brought about by mans own hands from blood and toil.

Each engine, no matter its intended use or the year it rolled out onto the lines, has a magic woven down into its smallest components, a level of engineering beauty only matched by your aircraft.

An aircraft is the physical representation of man looking at the world around him and saying "No, these are not my limits, this is not where I am bound". The train just happened to do so first and brought us all along for the ride.

The posts themselves are mildly interesting, but what truly fascinates me is the level of autism required to sit and play an airplane simulator for potentially hundreds of hours on end.

Beautiful. Enjoy your stay.

Ignore your hate trainsimmers. Some variety around here is nice. Keep postin it up senpaitachi.

The posts themselves are mildly interesting, but what truly fascinates me is the level of autism required to sit and shitpost for potentially hundreds of hours on end.

>Locomotives and Trains can be experienced across the full spectrum of dimensions
>mfw
Whatever greases your tracks my man
>what's fun about traveling faster than the speed of sound strapped to what is essentially an explosive while experiencing multiple times the force of gravity on earth
>and also trying to kill other people doing the same thing

alright gents

here's where I'm at

CH fighterstick with eventual rudder pedals, or T16000m and do the twisty lifestyle.

my biggest deciding factor is going to be whether or not the whole 2 axis thing with the CH is hard to get used to or makes controlling aircraft during precision gunnery/general ACM more difficult than something with a spring centered plate or what have you.

tldr anyone here using a CH fighterstick that wouldn't mind sharing some info on the axis feel?

what's the difference between a train and a locomotive? you keep referring to them separately

A Locomotive is the prime mover, the engine unit. These are the vehicles in which the drivers and operators sit.

A Train is formed when a Locomotive is hitched to a consist, which itself is several carriages hitched together.

That is to say, a Train is not a thing, it is merely a concept.

Bless your train loving heart user.

Alright train fags

Say if I wanted to get into trainsims

are there any that are pretty enough or good enough to just drive an old diesel train through the mountains and country and shit aesthetically?

>That is to say, a Train is not a thing, it is merely a concept.

This is some trainception shit, isn't it?

Why do this please my inner autist if I dont even like trains. I'm unable to understand it.

The only realistic choice for a good, up to date, train simulator at the moment is "Train Simulator 2016" on steam. MSTS (Microsoft Train Simulator) is too old to be enjoyed by most and is terribly clunky in comparison, only the huge archive of custom made content buoys it up.

You can certainly do what you want with Train Simulator 2016, though you will likely want to bolster the library of available routes, scenarios, locomotives and running gear with DLC and other 3rd party addon packs.

There is a glut of first party addon packs available for it which can seem daunting at first but as simulator users already I am sure that will be usual to you.

Why do what?

>S H V A K

Here's how the cab of a Class03 looks in ultra-wide mode, I love the immersion playing like this brings.

>finished the F-5 ambush video
>this was from the objective based pvp OPS that we flew where we ambushed Five F-5 tasked with destroying our train station.

Nest sortie I've ever done in DCS/10
youtube.com/watch?v=Ibrvzon1ByA&feature=youtu.be

I bet the train sim guy would fling his train straight through the F-5s if he heard that

We must protect trainfags at all cost.
They're easily bullied.

Think about how fucking awesome it would be to have era specific trains which you can use in pvp DCS. It's like protect the VIP