Post yuro shitboxes

post yuro shitboxes

Other urls found in this thread:

autoscout24.ch/fr/d/opel-kadett-limousine-oldtimer?index=17&make=59&model=410&st=1&vehid=3714984&vehtyp=10&returnurl=/fr/voitures/opel--kadett?make=59&model=410&st=1&vehtyp=10&r=5
youtube.com/watch?v=6IcBGEyLIB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My trips say fuck off

>post shitboxes
post FUN shitboxes

Those were shitboxes 20 years ago.

Actually they really increased in value and are collector items when in good shape.

>implying
autoscout24.ch/fr/d/opel-kadett-limousine-oldtimer?index=17&make=59&model=410&st=1&vehid=3714984&vehtyp=10&returnurl=/fr/voitures/opel--kadett?make=59&model=410&st=1&vehtyp=10&r=5

It's practically a captive import.

maximum shitbox in yurop. almost impossible to be more shitbox than a KA. even a fiesta is better and a twingo is a luxury barge compared to a KA.
enjoy your 24h ban, loser

I so wanted to own one of these

>3200€ for a 34 y/o 68 hp shitbox

Thanks for proving my point

not technically european, but it's pretty prevalent in europe and has shitbox prices

even tho they should be above shitbox level with all those nice features but people don't recognize the awesomeness

>suddenly 3200 yuros is "collector" value

For a 34 y/o 68 hp shitbox. It's like Gremlins or Pintos selling for three grand.

guys, I have 7k yuros to buy my first car
what should I get?

you seriously don't get it and just embarrass you at this point

mid 90's to early 2000s A, C and E class ( IF the rust still holds them together to be actually in rolling condition, lel)

parts are too expensive though, right?

depends on where you live. around here, lots of really, REALLY POOR people drive those old mercedes since parts are usually cheap and they let their gypsy bros repair the car.

What exactely means shitbox?
I understand cheap price car for drive to work that you can hit into a wall and not stop because claim of insurance more cost than car.

But is it have to be a bad car to be shitbox?
Can it be good car like Renault 5, Peugeot 205 or 306?

Or maybe its shit eater car that people think its good, like any VW.

Or its good car that people don't know how good it is like Renault Twingo, Fiat Panda, or Fiat Fiorino.

I think it's an extremely cheap car that's fun to drive and has a "boring" reputation amongst normies reee
the best example would be 90's/80's civics

Twingo

The ultimate

one factor of shitboxes is that there have to be plenty left (therefore it's not that sad when you just use one up)

there are not that many 205 left, so I think they're already out of the shitbox game

Obligatory attention seek

this

The K10 (one gen before yours) was actually cool, design wise.

It looked like a car even a man could drive without that "woman car" feel.

I mean there was even a version with a fucking twincharging system. Turbo AND supercharger. In the 80's. In a fucking grocery getter.

>parts are too expensive though, right?
Mercedes has like the cheapest parts of all brands.
Since they produce brand new parts for classic cars, used parts get cheaper, on top of that alot of taxis are mercedes. Mercedes in europe are like the caprices, impalas and marauders in the US.

mfw i was 18 and tried to get insurance on a 1.0 mirca worth $350,
£2,593.99 Compulsory + £400 Voluntary £350
This is one of the reasons i left the UK

with a Telematics box & theft tracker fitted. Safe drivers earn cashback on prepaid card that is.

or £4,047.12+Compulsory £500 with out

>had to buy compulsory insurance on a today scooter at 17
>minimum price for a claim processing fee
>3000$

IF I DID THAT MUCH DAMAGE TO SOMEONE ELSE OR THEIR SHIT ON MY SCOOTER I WOULD ALREADY BE DEAD

>tfw bought 1999 E class 2.2l manual with service book and all the gadgets for 900€

Why people buy BMWs on a budget is somethings that I'll never understand

Fucking bullshit, moved to NZ got a 250cc motorcycle at 19

> Do i have a full license :No
>Do you have any previous insurance: No
Male/Female: Male
>Full comp with up to 15m in damages break down covered, $1500 for gear cover and other bits and bobs

$450 yearly and $650 deductible for a claim.

Because insurance inst a legal requirement he insurance doesn't fuck you

Pic related my bike

Why are the insurances on the UK so expensive?
Why hasn't free market took care of this?
Why aren't there low cost insurance companies in the UK?

Its expensive for under 20s

Insurance is a legal requirement, with out it you get 6 points on your license and you car towed or crush if driving with out it.

Main reason that it is so expensive is the cancer of accident lawyers who sue another party for whip lash and other bullshit, its a common scam to get into accidents on purpose and sue. Don't even have to be a decent crash, a 3-4mph bump at traffic lights and they can sue.

If they stop people suing for "personal injury" insurance should drop massively but insurance companies want the profits so it would drop a little bit.

Move out of London.

I was insured on a 1.4 Corolla at 18 for 900 pounds. It halved a year after, and I was also able to get insured on a Mk2 Mr2 for 1000 pounds.

This was in manchester, was your insurance 3rd party only that sounds real cheap

>mfw can insure a C7 Corvette for 300€ monthly
>can't afford one because Slavpoor

meant yearly, fuck

Also fuck that "click all until none left" Captcha

Nah, fully comp.

I'm in Scotland though so that might be it.

I insured my riced as fuck civic for 150$.
Get blasted.

does anyone know if Del Sol parts are hard to come by/expenive in europe? I just got a very good deal for a perfect-state one and it's the only thing making me ponder

It's literally a Civic.

thank you now i'm gonna kill myself with fun thanks to that 160hp vti engine

Biggest shitbox in eastern europe
steering wheel will literally melt in your hands when its hot

Thats a Fiat I've never seen before.
Looks like a downs tarded babby of the Punto and Brava.

twingo
twungi
twangu
twengi
twinga

about 14 Twingos

to do with removal of legal aid for compo claims

I wouldn't say it's a shitbox though
shitboxes usually have the lowest trim level

'94 Carina E
Still running with 360k km on the odo

There is one car that is possibly more of a shitbox than a KA

you're forgetting stuff like korean junk and suzuki altos

jesus christ did you live in Liverpool city centre or something?
I'm 18 and just got insured for £900 on a 1.6 130bhp clio

Twingo, and then replace all the parts with new parts

And Fiat of course.

The Twingo's soulless, evil twin.

there's a load of things which lower your insurance
if you're a 50 year old female nurse who lives in the countryside and drives 2500 miles a year, you could insure a Rolls Royce Phantom for like £150 a year

If you're a 18 year old male student who lives in the middle of Birmingham and expects to do 8000 miles a year, a Vauxhaul Corsa is going to be a couple of thousand

Corsa B

Corsa C is THE king of the boyracer shitboxes here in the UK

youtube.com/watch?v=6IcBGEyLIB8

You still see fuckloads of them running, they can't be that bad :)

It's pretty shitboxy, but everybody knows where's the shit at

It'd be worrying if they wouldn't even last six years.

only gypsies drive kadetts

No you can't

This thread is making me wish I was 18 again so I could get away with driving a shitbox with limited amounts of shame. Fun times.

What about the Punto Mk1? Ended production in 99 and you still see lots of them.
People talk all kinds of shit about Fiat but truth be told, there are loads and loads of old models still running.

The best way to limit the amount of shame is to get a shitbox with a bodykit, i.e. OpelVauxhall Tigra instead of a Corsa or a Ford Puma instead of a Fiesta. Lots of people do that, which means Tigras are the most riced vehicles around where I live.

Is there any car model that sold well but dissappeared off the streets after only 17-20 years though?

The hatch version is very popular in Brazil.
My father had one.

And you see tons of corsas, clios and ibizas as well.
I have a acquaintance with a mk1 punto, the thing is still running only becuse he literally adds water everyday. Also he can't even afford a fucking bicycle, let alone another car.

Rusted to hell japanese cars.

You don't see as many Clios and Ibizas from that time. Maybe because the Punto was a sells hit.

They didn't sell hatch versions in the most of europe, but i have seen one or two here too

>tfw when someone posts a pic of your old car on a koren olive oil processing website

ok my freind

mine has some rust on the roof where the rubbers were

I know you can get a Strada in EU too.

Bumping with a worthwhile fun shitboxes.

>dem simple cute suzukis

Basically in the 80's and early 90's young chav took cars on joy rides in hot hatchbacks. here used to be loads of police chases then. So, rates were hiked to the young. But everything is expensive there.

Suzuki is fucking based.

>1999
>rusted to hell
Where the fuck do you live?

Because it works differently, unlike in most countries where the government actually has a say in insurance values, we don't. The government says "all cars on the road must have insurance" and leave it at that. Double that with Pakis claiming for whiplash after crashing into someone and the price continues to rise, plus profit quotas must be met.
That's not to say it was really cheaper years ago, in this country if you're under 20 and not a trustfund babby you've next to no chance of getting something 2l or above insured, even 1.8 is a push. Why? Because they used the reasoning that 40 years ago a car with a bigger engine was a much faster car and continue to use that reasoning. Just like how 70mph motorway limits were temporary and they literally never changed.

The problem I've encountered lately is roadworks where they aren't necessary, bus lanes absolutely fucking everywhere, there's a narrow as fuck street near me that two cars can barely pass on, solution? Traffic calming measures, not one, not two fucking three of them on 200 metre stretch of road. There's a traffic calming piece of shit on a blind corner along the road from me and one on the fucking brow of a hill. Yet leave potholes equivalent to moon craters. These are the kind of problems you have to put up with when people have jobs that aren't needed anymore so you need to introduce complete bullshit reasons as an excuse to keep them around lest the economy suffer from unemployment. Thanks Dave.

hahaha, another classic!

i remember you, from west london?

Nigga that looks fucking pristine.

thanks, it was

>tfw I drive one
You warm my heart user.

no i am from shithole NL

I wish mine was as good.
can you tell me about the blowers on yours? mine barely move any air even without the filter

My father had one in white.

I absolutely loved that car. I wasn't allowed to drive yet but I could drive it on a parking lot a few times and those were my first experiences of driving a car. It didn't have powersteering but it drove so beautifully directly like a kart.

It was actually a Micra K10 1.2LX, 54hp. The one with the painted bumpers and a fucking AUTOMATIC transmission. Quite unusual for a tiny car back then. 1992 car and we had it from 98 to 2001 when the headgasket was fucked and for some reason the cost to fix it was fucking high. Nowadays I could have probably done it myself but I was a little shit back then.

They're incredibly rare nowadays and every time I still see one it fills me with so many good feels of nostalgia.

Mine

cute

whats wrong with them?
does the blower work?
it could be the pollen filter is blocked
try pressing the air recirculate switch to see if it make a difference

btw why did you slip the pictures, it was a RHD

oh wrong user then
hows she running, is it the 8v or 16v?

is my shitbox cool youguys???

>official specs give it a 9,5 sec sprint ot 100 with a manual
>testdrivers claim a consistant 8,3
>light as a feather
>reliable and simple
>understated nippon mild agressive styling
>decently spacious
>no disgusting slippery faux "premium" leather or muh "wood" or "carbon"
>cheaper than majority of rivals
Cant believe that normies choose quashqai with a fucking 1.6d and a cvt over this.

I had one years ago. Zx 5door... The interior was so comfy, the ride was so plush.