/scg/ - Star Citizen General

Grimhex is within all of us.

>crazy shit on the horizon
for german speakers: imgur.com/a/p6x70
translation: forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6838498/#Comment_6838498
for pretty pictures: imgur.com/a/whwyC

>horribly outdated FAQ
pastebin.com/Hr9rYACD

Download: robertsspaceindustries.com/download
Manual: robertsspaceindustries.com/media/hwb5x45eghhelr/source/AC-Manual-1-1-V7.pdf
Tweaks & FAQ: pastebin.com/QRWNvEVD

>Jump Point Current Issue
robertsspaceindustries.com/media/xtjaptgtro9w0r/source/JumpPoint_03-12_Dec-15_Refining-The-Verse.pdf

>Weekly Episodes
Ten for the Chinaman: it's dead Jim.
The Amazing Abent: youtube.com/watch?v=xLbYrngAqCQ
Around the Girth 100.4: youtube.com/watch?v=g3rPBbVBrcI
>previous episodes:
Part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=PG-oJWaPLyg
Part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=tpalZlE4FC8
Part 3: youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0aTS-YvYs
Reverse the Wurst: imperialnews.network/2016/07/reverse-the-verse-episode-104-summary/

>Heinously outdated Jump Point downloads
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>Individual Ship Brochures
pastebin.com/T0EUQ5Py

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0aTS-YvYs
youtube.com/watch?v=tRF8i6C5D0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Iec-otO4VPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oL7YF0seUwo
youtu.be/z1HmxGrNZFs?t=119
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

let us live pls

2.5 is live with the ultraleet pretesters btw. patchnotes:

This patch provides access to our GrimHEX outlaw base, new clothing options, new automated landing technology and three new flyable ships – the Reliant KORE, Argo MPUV (Cargo Variant), and Argo MPUV (Passenger Variant). This is all in addition to bug fixes for the rest of our game and content. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required.
Important Issues:
Do Not Spawn A Constellation and Retaliator. We are aware that GrimHEX has a few residual issues with gravity pockets, missing textures and a broken elevator. We are also aware of an issue with server-client desync taking place on both Crusader and Arena Commander.

Crusader Industries would like to alert all pilots to avoid the Yela asteroid field. Pirates have become increasingly aggressive, and may attempt to lure pilots off course with fake requests for assistance. Crusader Industries believes they are based out of the decommissioned Green Imperial mining asteroid station, however attempts to locate the station have been difficult of late. Please report any suspicious activity, and consider any unidentified craft leaving the asteroid field extremely dangerous. GrimHEX asteroid station would like to cordially invite the Crusader Industries to QT into the nearest star. We’re open for business to everyone this goram economy left in the dust from here to Terra. You’re very welcome to visit and enjoy our fine goods, services and lodgings without the prying eyes of Big Crusader peeking under every door. Our bar, bounty office and race track are temporarily closed while we make some repairs from the last group of over-eager “heroes” that came through. GrimHEX can be located by navigating through the Yela asteroid field.

The LiveWire Weapons franchise in Port Olisar is currently suffering a shortage of energy weapons due to several recent attacks on cargo transports. While they apologize for the inconvenience, only ballistic weapons can be purchased at this location for the time being. Outlaw armor sets are available on GrimHEX exclusively, and can no longer be purchased at Garrity Defense.

Skutters is a small weapon and armor shop on GrimHEX, that just so happens to be specializing in energy weapons for the discerning shopper… who does not ask where they were obtained from. KC Trending is a new location on GrimHEX station that offers a whole new selection of clothing for the discreet independent pilot. From shoes to hats, they’ve got the latest in underground fashion.

The first phase of our new landing system has been implemented into the game. This is the first part of a much larger series of changes we will be working on over the next few releases to provide a simpler, more intuitive landing experience. The landing pad targeting has been temporarily removed while other moving parts are being developed and integrated. Instead of selecting a pad and requesting permission, players in automatic landing will proceed to the nearest available landing pad. When they are within 20m, and speed is under 35m/s, the landing gear will automatically extend while the thrusters dampen your speed. When a ship approaches within 5m of a landing pad, in either automatic or manual landing mode, the local Landing Control System will take control of the ship and ease it into a smooth landing. Landing gears can now also be manually deployed by tapping the “N” key on the keyboard. Holding “N” will now activate automatic landing should you be within range of an acceptable landing pad and have the proper gears deployed. Please note, this system will change over time as further improvements and features are brought online.

this is gonna take all fuckin night

We have begun converting player and ship items to our new item system. As with the prior, similar updates to ship components, this is largely at the back-end level. Implementing new component class systems, naming conventions and other needed functionality, as well as retrofitting all existing armors and weapons to be compatible. These changes will allow us to implement greater modularity to first-person items. Additionally, this will allow items to interact with one another in a more direct and less “handwavium” simulation, setting the foundation for greater player interaction and future game play mechanics. This should not affect the function of any in-game items, and changes to player item stats should be minimal.

We have implemented the first phase of our new player health system! This includes the implementation of better individual limb damage and health, more granular damage states, and many back end improvements to support a better FPS combat experience and future features like permanent health. Player health dolls should now show Normal (Green) health when between 100%-60%, a Hurt (Yellow) state from 59%-40% health, a Damaged (Red) state from 39%-10%, and the Ruined (Dark Red) state at 9%-0%. With this, we have also implemented some early versions of injury penalties. This includes a speed reduction for wounded legs, as well as a limping animation. Overall health damage (particularly head wounds) can also cause blurred vision around the edge of the screen, which will increase in intensity as more damage is taken.

Players with outlaw wanted level who enter Crusader will spawn in GrimHEX. This also applies to outlaw players who die and respawn in Crusader. Players with outlaw wanted levels will no longer have Port Olisar as a QT option, and instead will see GrimHEX.

half done

The Reliant KORE, Argo MPUV (Cargo Variant), and Argo MPUV (Passenger Variant) are all now flight ready! Reliant KORE is available in both Arena Commander and Crusader. The Argo MPUV is only available in Crusader at this time, as it does not have weapons to defend itself in the Arena Commander simulation. A new size 5 laser cannon, the M7A, has been introduced!

Fixed an issue where shadows around Port Olisar would flicker at certain angles and perspectives.
Updated and simplified the Quantum Travel marker names for better readability.
Made some minor visual effects updates to the interior of Port Olisar.
Made some balance changes to the pirate ships in Crusader so they use updated components.

Finished a massive lighting and visual effects update to Area 18, ArcCorp.
Fixed an issue where a large green arrow could be seen in reflection of the Jobwell glass.
Fixed an issue where the user camera could clip through the wall of the incinerator on Area 18.

Adjusted the lighting in the VFG hangar to be less dark.

Arena Commander
Fixed an issue where the decals would disappear off of the landing pads in Free Flight game mode.
EVA Fixed a bug that allowed player characters to slide uncontrollably across landing pads when transitioning out of EVA at speed.
Fixed an issue where EVA animations would stutter when approaching a landing pad.

Fixed an issue where inspecting weapons would cause the users outfit to switch into the standard flight suit regardless of what they were currently wearing.

Fixed an issue where the weapon shops were not correctly recognizing the maximum number of equipped weapons, resulting in a number of problems, including causing some size 3 FPS weapons to disappear.

Name-tags for players in Augmented Reality now appear at 25 meters.
Fixed an issue where using the MobiGlas hotkey while in a turret would cause a chain reaction of problems.
Fixed an issue where the CF-007 Bulldog Repeater, CF-117 Badger Repeater, and CF-227 Panther Repeater didn’t slow their rate of fire when running low on energy.
The M3A, M4A, and MVSA laser cannons have had their time-to-overheat lowered, so that heat now has a more meaningful gameplay impact on the weapon now.
Fixed issues where the missile smoke trail effects could not be seen unless the missile is very close to the viewer.

Fixed an issue where the engine thruster exhaust effects was displaying circular blurs instead of proper visuals.

Made a number of exit and enter animation improvements for the Avenger Warlock.

The missile racks for the Constellation Andromeda can no longer be edited by Port Mod.

The side missile racks on the Constellation Andromeda should now target and fire properly.

Made a number of exit and entrance animation improvements for the Cutlass Black.

The missile racks for the Cutlass Black can no longer be edited by Port Mod.

Added strafing control animations for the Freelancer pilot.

Updated the audio for the Freelancer cockpit doors so it is properly synced.

Added boosting visual effects to the Freelancer’s thrusters.

Toned down the brightness of the Freelancer maneuvering thruster.

The missile and torpedo racks on the Gladiator can no longer be edited Port Mod.

Fixed an issue where the shell casings on the Scorpion gun would fly in front of the pilot before disappearing.

Made some improvements to the Hornet series audio, for all variants except the F7C-M.

Fixed an issue with the F7C-M Hornet, where the ship would not transition into damage states correctly on being damaged.

Fixed some of the control issues with the F7C-M Hornet turret.

I was considering doing the same thing but it was way too long. Based anonymoos

The missile racks for the M50 can no longer be edited by Port Mod.

Fixed an issue with the Mustang Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Omega wherein the ships had no explosion audio or visual when destroyed.
Fixed an issue where the Mustang series could not be repaired if wings were damaged.
Fixed an issue where users could not exit the Mustang Gamma if it was partially damaged and landed.
Fixed an issue where there were no lights present in the back of the Mustang Beta.
Fixed an issue where the exterior lights on the Mustang Alpha did not function.
Fixed an issue where the locker onboard the Mustang Beta could not be interacted with.
Fixed an issue where the armor plates on the Mustang Delta wings would continue to float alongside after the wings were destroyed.

Fixed an issue where excessive fog was leaking out of the Reliant in the Hangar.

Fixed an issue with the AEGIS Sabre where the throttle floats in mid-air during entry animations.
Made some alterations to the Sabre handling to make it more nimble, and have less jerkiness when rolling.

Added strafing control animations for the Starfarer pilot.

The missile racks on the Vanguard Warden can no longer be edited by Port Mod.

First-person camera views have received significant attention to provide a much more stable and smooth viewing experience for players. There is now a UI sound triggered when an enemy is shot by the player. Updated the “Examine Pistol” animation for shopping. Made a number of improvements to character prone animations. Fixed an issue where the death animation would play twice when a character was shot. Fixed an issue where the burp emote contained no audio. Fixed an issue where the user would desync after aiming down the sights of the Arrowhead Sniper Rifle. Assault rifles will now properly re-center after the user sprints.

cheers

last one

Fixed an issue where the aiming reticle on a Gamepad or a HOTAS would become very erratic when targeting enemies. Fixed an issue where the Port Modification Hangar modes would still show the name of a ship after it had been removed. Fixed an issue where users in free cursor mode would still fire their Weapon Group 1 when clicking. Fixed an issue with Hostility UI, where the orange wanted icon for Wanted Level 1 would not appear. Fixed an issue where the 3rd person Free Cam could not zoom in or out. Ship target HUD now dynamically changes colors based on the allegiance of the target.

Fixed an issue where changes to the Graphics Quality in the options menu did not actually change the quality of graphics. Added a keybind mapping for X52 Pro HOTAS.

Fixed a number of client crashes. Fixed a number of server crashes. Fixed a client disconnection (Code 1) that would sometimes occur when loading into Arena Commander. Added a new error (10002) for players who are disconnected due to duplicate login. This can be due to the account already being logged in on another computer or client. This can also happen after a crash or force-close of the game, when the prior connection has not timed out yet. Optimizations

Fixed an issue with Area 18, ArcCorp, where there were severe FPS drops when looking at the center of the level. Fixed an issue where switching between 1st and 3rd camera view would briefly drop the client frames per second down to 5.

nice try, user, but /scg/ is ded

i was sad that this fat faggot didn't die

they're trying

>have extremely obese friend
>stuff his ass with fatty foods

I may not like Ben very much, but these people are fucking stupid if they think this is a good idea when it comes to reality.

sandi wants the "anchor" spot on around the verse all to herself.

but Ben is an anchor to the entire company

so what's the deal with the Grimhex hangars? are they basically separate instanced VFGs you pass through to get your ship? will those doors actually open for the first time since what, gamescom 2013?

I tried to go to the future location of this place today. fuck. is this gonna be our equivalent of that stupidly far away station in E:D? the one people always use as an example of how boring spaceflight is? the location I'm pretty sure is on the opposite side of the moon, and it takes fucking forever to get there even at cruise speed. I actually got bored and never made it all the way before warping elsewhere.

I guess that's actually a saving grace as a criminal outpost though; hard to get to, easy to leave (via quantum).

HAHAHA I just discovered this was a masterful shoop somebody made and posted on reddit.

if you're reading this, 10/10.

RIP

Bump

so who's going to buy edgy clothing on grimHEX and does it defeat the purpose of doing so when it is designated as the dev-approved edgy faction choice

Depends, what does it look like?

Is it the developer that chooses what the edge lords wear or do the edge lords choose?

Explain to me why LTI is not broken.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0aTS-YvYs

edgy clothes at 16:45

Which manufacturer has the best ship computer voice? And is there a compilation of them somewhere? This is important.

t. non-backer

>tfw cig gave me a nice fat refund
>tfw cig is refunding a bunch of people
>tfw the cult is in full damage control mode
>tfw people are shitting on sc left and right
>tfw the project will inevitably fail and people will an hero

I'm sure a quick youtube search would give you a compilation, also people have made many custom voice packs that integrate seamlessly into the game, using voices from captain picard to kawaii uguu anime girls.
youtube.com/watch?v=tRF8i6C5D0Y
this one is actually not very seamless, I know I have heard others that replace the ingame voice entirely, while VA (voice attack) stuff I think is a separate program

>I'm sure a quick youtube search would give you a compilation
It's incomplete
>voice attack
why are there 2 computer voices talking in that video? The aegis one and a slut?

The Aegis ships' voice sound great

like I said, it's an outside program not a proper replacement voice pak. and yes, the aegis milship voice is unparalleled. he reminds me a bit of this guy from original rogue squadron
youtube.com/watch?v=Iec-otO4VPQ

youtube.com/watch?v=oL7YF0seUwo
this is what I'm looking for but it's incomplete

I think there's only one per manufacturer, so that might actually be all of them. all that's missing is MISC and Drake, and I'm not sure either actually has a cockpit voice. Oh, and Origin. but nobody cares about Origin.

yes but muh startup animations
and those aylium craft

actually you know what Anvil is missing too. goddamn, there's a lot of manufacturers in this game. like, more than locations currently.
youtu.be/z1HmxGrNZFs?t=119

couldn't find one without some faggot talking over it but this one is loud enough.

the Vanduul startup probably just sounds like Vorcha screeching.

I wonder if the Reliant will have a new one.

>Roberts Space Industries
>Chris Roberts isn't their ships' computer voice

forgot fagchan doesn't recognize timestamps, go to 2 minutes. also ship voice is literally the least important thing you could choose your ship by if you're thinking about backing, like even paint colour would have more ramifications. it does actually matter in this game.

If i were to >back this game I'd just buy the cheapest starter that has the sp game and the mmo.
So, Aurora or Mustang?

>Yeah so, uh we're gonna start the ship now... ah, thank you for coming! I guess. on Robert's Space Industries. I guess I should have said that first.

>Taking off, we're gonna, are we? yes, we're taking off.

>There seems to be a... prrrroblem.. with the shields.. you might wannu eject well I shouldn't say that, you might want to, but that's up to you.

>firing the missile! are we firing the missile? oh yeah there it goes missile fired!

Go Reliant.

there is none
Aegis starter when? No, the Avenger is not a starter.

I switched from an aurora to a mustang and I regret it every time I play. it's a fucking huge pain in the ass just to crawl into and the maneuverability it affords you is not near enough to make up for the loss of firepower and the risk of clip-bouncing yourself 10,000km into space every time you get in or out. no missiles no fun. anything less than the Delta is not worth the hassle, (thought the Delta is hella fun), for base get the Aurora.

It's been too long.

the reliant will be in game in the next patch, which is already in limited public testing. if it's not on sale already (it should be, as a starter) it will be soon.

hol up
can't you just switch back to the Aurora for FREE? I know dis because I browsed all that stuff on the shitshow store section in the RSI site.

There should be one soon(TM).

they fucked up the values so the two starters are no longer the same price. I did swap for free in the first place, then whatever they did made it so I couldn't swap back. I think the Mustang base is actually pricier than the Aurora base, and you can't trade down for some reason because you'd lose money I guess (dunno why they'd care) so the only way for me to trade would be to pay five bucks for the next variant up from the base aurora. fuck that, I'm not paying more money to get back the ship I started with.

>two starters are no longer the same price
what?
Also damn, they got a bit pricey

>muh screenshot

hmm, maybe they fixed it. Imma take a look.

shit, you are right I guess
contact their support maybe?

>Is, is, is a repair station around here? Because, because the uh ship is like borked.

meh. I'm stuck with a ship that appreciated in value by 50% immediately after I switched to it. I can just rack up the money to buy an aurora soon, I already have an LN rented but can only use it for arena commander.

>$73
what the hell? I've been telling people it's still $45. when did that happen? I guess around the time they started calling it two separate games, they decided to charge for both.

it must be AUD or CAD

alright m8 what have you got goin on there

says USD right on it in his pic, as it does in mine. I'm in Canada as well, so it should be as high for me if that was the case.

the EU tax I believe

meant for obviously

ah yes, the Vaginal Appropriation Tax, to fund mutti's eugenic jihad.

""""Lasers"""" are so retarded in this game baka
Why can't they just be beams just like in EVE and MWO
or remove all """lasers""" and just replace them with Gauss/rail/coil weapons and more conventional weapons?

also instead of having """lasers"""" just make the railguns and conventional guns have different ammunition that can be changed depending on needs

Why is the official forums such a shithole, /scg/? Tell me

Why go Reliant as starter?

Dudebot, Duuuuuudebot, Dooooder come kill this thread familiar.

I have no idea. it seems counter-intuitive to have a better-than-starter starter imo, I don't know why it even exists.

does this fuck even lift? look at that midsection compared to those arms. is this the fidelity taking onto a count the long term effects of zero gravity on the human race? is humanity fated to fall into the mold of the fat aunt, remembering it's heroes of old as absurdly proportioned idealized humans, who's body shapes surely could never have actually existed?

and were back to page 10
those threads have no future without more of the actual game being released

/scg/, tell me about that happenings where a Veeky Forums star citizen guild got taken over by furries, and said furries attempted to take over a /v/ steam group.

let's talk about the autism that's going on in the official forums

I don't even venture there, why would I inflict this shit upon myself?
Just checking the main RSI page every few days to see if there's some announcement or dev post, and that's pretty much it.

Why was this deleted?

What's fleetview?

Shows all your org's ships.

Why was this deleted?

I have no idea, my post didn't violate any board rules.

Ben is the anchor for the whole solar system.

mine as well
I was just asking what happened, and why posts about that matter deleted

I wonder why posts are being deleted. Things are pretty quiet in this thread. Any theories?

Because CIG stated that the insurance costs will be rather small.

How small is small? There are certain ships that are being "advertised" drake ships as "cheap to maintain, to repair, and to operate" - how cheap is cheap then? If insurance is cheap, then there would be no reason other than aesthetics to buy the cheap to operate ships when you can just let expensive ships die and get new ones.

CIG should make it clear that fluff/lore is seperate from ingame stats/balancing. Reading the brochures/ship descriptions and watching the commercials it seems that there are a lot of OP ships, with each ship announced better than the last. Power creep seems to be real.

the brochures and ads are in-lore, which means the companies that make them are the ones fluffing them up to be super OP, like the freelancer one-shotting two cutlasses at the same time, obviously there's no fucking way that is ever going to happen, but it makes for a good commercial.

bump

Post your autistic fantasies about 2.7
I want to fly into the gas giant so deep the pressure crushes my ship around me like a tin can

>autistic

I'm not very excited about procedural planets in their first iteration. I'm more excited with things like game careers (cargo hauling, mining, bounty hunting etc), subsumption (AI that do interesting stuff) and organized fighting, or if not all of that, if we could have ONE THING, it would be an optimization to the current game that gives higher fps but then the player count is increased to something like 48.

My fantasy is me contacting the LA DCBA and laughing as they cockslap CIG and force them to refund me.

Oh wait. That actually happened.

Have fun paying all over again when the game reaches a playable enough state that you come crawling back

t. Ben

ok. Your few hundred bucks mean nothing to the hundred+ million they have acquired over the years. I'm glad you were able to get your money back since you're not happy with the game development

I don't think they're going to have gas giants that you can fly into in 2.7.

Oh yeah? Well I don't think your mom wasn't filming a gangbang porno when you were conceived.

>opinion
Neither part of the post is opinion. A few hundred dollars, or even a thousand, from a a pot of about than 120,000,000 dollars from almost 1.5 million people is nothing. That's about the paycheck of the least paid developer there, out of hundreds of people. Your money is insignificant, but I'm still glad you were able to leave without issue.

On the other hand, I do remember hearing something about volumetric clouds in 2.7, but I am not sure it said anything about them flying around in entire gas giants (although if they did, I'd love to see where as it does interest me).

>Everything I say is fact!

Drake is a welsh woman for some reason, no idea what MISC has.

It's sexy.

Mustang, Reliant and Aurora are all in the same price range. Avenger too I guess.

When it comes to in game money, they will be interchangeable as ships to start off with

But where am I wrong? Your shitposting isn't helping you. Plenty of people leave all the time. It changes nothing - the game progressed before you were here, and will continue without you.

>responding to the weakest possible bait

Honestly you are worse than he is.

lmao

But I have nothing else to do bruv

what in game activity do you want to do

I didn't even respond to the troll, I'm not sure you know how this works.

Also just bumping the thread in general.

At this point, just fucking trade. Thats what they need to get in ASAP, and then start adding new locations and jump points, even if everything is generic Port Olisar/Grimhex clones it is still the basis of a GAME.

I'm more worried about the future of Star Citizen than I have ever been, they've gone nowhere in the last few months.

The response you'd normally get to this type of concern is "It's because they're putting all of their effort into SQ42!". The sad part about it all is when you realize that, apparently, they'll be making the SQ42 episodes back to back. This episodes has so far been in development for about 2 years. With 3 episodes planned, if they truly do intend to move from episode to episode, the PU will never be made as intended. Not only that, but SQ42 is supposed to release in around 5 months, yet: the procedural damage isn't done, female characters aren't done, FPS is currently trash, fps (frames per second) is also trash, capital ships do not appear to be complete, Animations are still being made, etc etc etc and this is just for SQ42 - they don't even mention the careers they design doc'ed years ago with no progress. For a while now they've been saying that gamescom and citizencon will absolutely blow us away. This is the last hope we have left.

The main issue, in my eyes, is that they simply don't have enough people to do all of these things in a feasible timeframe. We'd need about 3 more studios equivalent to Frankfurt to make all of this shit by the year 2020.

let us hold hands and pray that they've been hiding basically everything for gamescom.