/vn/ - Massage edition

Visual Novel General #1151

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/625024433216978944
sekaiproject.com/progress/
twitter.com/shinhoroko/status/758483096656289792
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

Does massaging my loli's breasts really make them grow? I don't want that to happen.

Friendly reminder

I can't wait to read this heartful story

If Subahibi doesn't come out today I'm ending it.

Rise edition

The CG in the new Yuzusoft title are fucking top

threadly reminder

I was about to participate but then I saw:
>approved
>rejected
>implying you need some anonymous attention seeking fuck to approve your shitty ms painting

I agree with this. Rejection shouldn't be an option. Just fuckin dumb.

We'll finish by next week, I can feel it.

Are you doing your part to make the visual novel community more inclusive to females?

The rejected tile was actually me doing a tile so bad that it wouldn`t pass on purpose.

that looks be fine for a fucking mosaic in a visual novels general.

It follows the form of what's in the tile.

This thing is never going to get done if manageanon is too strict.

I fucking like you people.

I really wish you would all survive

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from creating your own copy of the mosaic if you wish to do so. It's not difficult to make a meaningful contribution to the mosaic, even if one has no drawing skills. A1 was the addition of two images to that tile, and it was accepted.

In practice, rejection is used very rarely, only for tiles which are the result of the application of random filters/blurs/etc.

>creating your own
oh yes, because the best thing we can do is have 4 different mosaics with different submission "rules" spread across multiple threads which last a day each.

>tfw I can't post because of connection error
hiroshimaa

Is this a fucking kotaku article?

I wanna be a little girl

Considering that googling the title gives zero actual articles as results I think it's just a shop that user whipped up. The fact that someone would be autistic enough to fake this is almost as bad as it possibly being real.

Will Tenshin Ranman make people recover their faith on Dovac?

how can you recover what never existed?

>announced more than a full year ago
>only 30% translated
>just NOW deciding to get someone else to translate it

dovac is literally useless

Tell me this is an exaggeration? Why do EOP put up with this?

Depends. Will a butchered all ages version be the only option?

Why are you acting so entitled?
Like, at least we get something new to read, right?

Stop replying to shitposting

twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/625024433216978944
>25 Jul 2015
sekaiproject.com/progress/
>Tenshin Ranman is 30.26% translated.

and their new translator:
twitter.com/shinhoroko/status/758483096656289792

Mangagamer would've had it out by now and probably would've already started working on the next Yuzusoft title.

The frustrating thing about Sekai is that they get licenses and literally just sit on their asses with them.

許すがよい。

I don't. I never buy Sekai titles because of this shit. They take forever to translate anything and unless they're outsourcing the TL it's literally garbage.

>the only way Sekai project even stays relevant is from announcing visual novels not actually releasing them
This doesn't seem like good business model.

>David Evelyn
literally who

Hell if I know.

What the fuck is this chuuni garbage? I really hope stuff like this doesn't happen on every route because I don't give a shit about it and it's boring me to death. I only wanted romance, SoL and KeyAIDS.

ur retard

It won't get any better.

Man I should've started reading an actual moege.

I finally finished Clannad and After Story. Wow, that was quite... something. Ushio made me cry like a little bitch.

Why can't Sanae be my mom and Mei be my little sister?

I WILL READ TSUKIHIME AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME

Go ahead, it's pretty comfy.

It's kind of a rigid read thanks to the TL, but it's still pretty enjoyable. It's what got me into visual novels and it's still a favorite.

Why so shy, guys

is sleeping time

Thought you guys might enjoy this.

>sleeping
There's no time for such futile things, user!

Sleepy time.

Why didn't you guys buy it?

Didn't that faggot say he was going to stop tweeting for a while?

Because Karakara is shit.
>100s of hours on a 2 hour kinetic novel
How?

I'm going to pirate this 1000+ times and literally bankrupt them and their ancestors for 1000+ years.

this

I dropped it within the first 5 minutes because it was so boring

>withholding content and then charging more
you have nobody to blame but yourself Dovac.

We did it guys, how long until SP file for bankruptcy?

>good writing
Lol

Is Dovac seriously this butt hurt that Karakara wasn't the next Nekopara? Holy hell this is hilarious.

This is just plain pathetic.

It always makes me laugh seeing dovac say shit now because he used to run the forum for the stolen Ragnarok Online server files.

>good writing

>tfw you've never spent a single cent on visual novels

I bought the base game and pirated the patch since it was WAY to fucking much for 2 scenes that were barebones as fuck.

Wow, fuck you for buying my game. I should have charged you double.

I want to support MG but their licenses are kind of shit. I've bought a few things from them though, but they really need to get something like Baldr Sky.

Definitely gonna preorder Princess Evangile W when it comes out.

Didn't he already get the expenses covered by the IGG?

Honestly, FUCK you dovac. Im not one of those people who rail him over and over, but in this case, the H content was not worth the money, at least not the money they were asking.

He probably promised the Japanese devs that it would be. Plus he likely had high hopes for it too.

>but they really need to get something like Baldr Sky.
Futa Morgana is unironically the best officially translated plotge. Same EGS as Baldr, too. Himawari will be coming out soon and that's a fantastic and very highly rated title as well. Honestly both of those titles are better than anything that Sekai has touched. And it seems that MG is interested into doing more high-production moege.

True, I'm looking forward to Himawari.

Fata Morgana seems to be doing really poorly for MG, probably due to the art style. You can compare it to a hyped kamige all you want, but most people aren't interested in it.

>good writing

at least he got money at all, 5 times more people pirated Fata Morgana than bought it

karakara's piracy ratio is "merely" 60%

I dunno other than Baldr, Sekai kind of has jack shit. Mostly just stuff that we've had for years. Root Double was the only thing I was looking forward to from them and it ended up being shit.

Like says MG does have some pretty good titles underway, but I've enjoyed other parts of their library as well.

You guys fail me every time. Just vote with your wallets already!1

>You can compare it to a hyped kamige all you want, but most people aren't interested in it.
I mean I prefer a moe art-style as well, but I was able to get past that. It's a really good title and delicious on the ears as well.

I think it'll age well. Its reputation is only improving as people talk more and more about it. Plus, it's not like it could've been a huge loss for MG in the first place even if it did sell poorly. Novectacle is a very small studio.

The real flop that probably hurt MG financially was probably Tokyo Babel. And unlike FM I've heard mostly luke-warm reception regarding that title.

Wallet Status: At the polls

2 years later, dovac is absolutely winning in the license acquisition department though. Even though he's barely delivered on any major ones aside from Root Double.

I've said this before, but they have a good reputation in Japan because none of these complaints about SP filter over to the eroge devs in Japan. Other companies will see all the big licenses that SP licensed and sign on too.

I'm sure someone will tell me that SP is taking bad deals on the licenses, and that they'll lose a lot of money and it's not sustainable, etc etc. Firstly, that's speculation, and secondly, that's actually a good business model. Burn through some cash, acquire a portfolio that is impressive to the companies you're wooing (eroge devs) and use that to keep building up the portfolio.

Sounds like a Ponzi schema to me.

Most devs drop them and go solo after 1 or 2 games though. Sekai's recent sales on Steam haven't been exactly stellar either. G-Senjou flopped.

It's not speculation that Sekai is making shit deals to get "big" licenses. They've been consistently in the red over and over despite getting a large majority of their work subsidized by kickstarter.

which is a god damn shame.

They have all these licenses, yet the progress on them has been 0 in most cases, and they continue to fuck the scene up with butchered titles, or make it sound like it was a god damn chore to put the fucking full game on their adult store and that we should all feel gracious for them doing so.

I hope Degica makes a power play down the road and becomes the 3rd competitor since we will only benefit from it in the end.

>but they have a good reputation in Japan because none of these complaints about SP filter over to the eroge devs in Japan
Not exactly true. There was an article posted in /jp/ awhile ago and it went over what the reputations of MG and Sekai are in Japan, and from what I gather most of the Japanese audience thinks that Sekai is feeding lies to studios like Lose, promising Nekopara-tier sales for everything.

I think that while their license acquisition may seem impressive right now (not like they're doing anything with most of those licenses in the first place) their reputation will plummet and plummet as they continue to do bad business and over-promise on their deals. Frontwing dropped them. Akabei dropped them. Lose will drop them once Maitetsu flops. Ditto for their other acquisitions.

This kind of aggressive license-acquisition is only a good thing for Sekai if it pays off in the sales, which, other than Nekopara and their other cheap meme titles, they haven't. This is why Dovac is so noticeably frustrated on Twitter constantly over his companies reputation. Unless he can deplicate Nekopara success on other titles, it just isn't happening on their other license acquisitions.

>we will soon see Sekai project go down in flames

Not him but a company can survive for a pretty long time in the red if they are producing results. I believe Amazon only recently became profitable, for instance.

Plus, Chunablesoft no doubt spread the word after they got told by Veeky Forums and reddit to stay the fuck away from SP.

>duplicate Nekopara success on other titles
That's like trying to get lightning to strike. Now that vns as a Steam fad have decreased and the market is so saturated, it's especially hard to get a vn to sell more than a few hundred or thousand copies.

Well, that's another thing. I don't know if the President of Chuablesoft did actually spread the word about Sekai, but Chuablesoft is a good example of how a piss-poor reputation in the West CAN affect license acquisitions for them in the East.

People on /jp/ only went after the Chuablesoft guy for persuasion purposes due to their hatred for SP. Dovac was incredibly salty over this.

Yeah, but it's likely what they're promising their partners. It's really their only golden sales figure. Aside from the Sakura series and a few other very cheap meme VNs, that is.

The original Grisaia did well too, but that had an anime going for it.

Man, I honestly dont want that. I just want them to get their head out of their ass and stop doing dumb things.

Sure, twitter is still in the red and just had to make major cutbacks. The difference is the scale of operations. You're not going to get investors to bail you out constantly like major tech companies do if your yearly gross isn't even 7 digits, never mind in the adult, questionable legality lolicon industry.

If they don't keep making big promises that they can't keep then the big licenses they've managed to get until now will likely dry up.

Just keep on boycotting, guys. We're getting there

>2 hour kinetic novel
Closer to maybe 4-5 hours at a decent pace and a second's breath after each voiced line.

A fairly cute but flimsy moege. Nothing I'd pay bloody 40$ for.

>day 1 patch
"But not for Meikyuu! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
>good writing
Transparent moege. I'm a diehard moebuta and the pink haired girl was quite nice, artwork too, but story?
>"My lord, that burger looks delicious!"
>"what the fuck its just a drawing of a burger. the fuck is this shit?"

>good translation
I'm not JOP but nothing within the voiced lines caught me so I can't give a good opinion.

I'd honestly hope dovac grows a fucking brain and admits he's a filthy shill, fixes SP, they stop bleeding money out every possible orifice, and actually attempts to contend with the other companies for releasing decently localized VNs.

But that's about as fucking likely as the Pope declaring in public on Holy Friday he's converting to fuckin Islam.

I couldn't buy their titles even if I wanted to, frankly. I barely save up enough to purchase an MG title once in awhile.

Being a NEET kind of sucks. Maybe I should learn programming.

I want them to burn for the sake of burning

The blood god demands blood

Here have a couple more

Yes please.

maybe at this point he'll die before his company can go bankrupt

Only the moogster can save him now.

>whining about trivial problems on twitter
As if it couldn't get any worse for his image.

>le sekai project are shit!!!!!
love this meme