/pg/ - Persona General

LATEST NEWS-
>Persona 5 will be releasing September 15th in Japan; February 14th in North America; TBA in Europe
>Persona 5 Demo Tour In Japan during August
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for preorders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5A: The Day Breakers to air on September 3rd, 2016
>Winter of Rebirth releases on BD August 3rd, 2016
>20th anniversary concert to take place on August 13th, 2016
>Next Persona Magazine to release Summer 2016
>20th Anniversary FES to take place at 3331 Arts Chiyoda in December 2016

-SCANS-
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

-INFO-
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
-GUIDES-
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb
-DOWNLOADS-
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua

-MANGA-
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

I want to romance Goro!

2nd for best girl.

If my post ends in 6, Persona 5 will be delayed for 6 years.

Damn.

Will Persona ever get a good tsundere?

P-Studio basically made two console generation worth of assets. New Megami Tensei games will be coming out the wazoo.

After Marie, I don't want them to even attempt ever again.

>Yusuke is more likely to be the homo route (if anything) than Goro is
>Goro will have the best chemistry with MC anyway
Fuck Fatlus

It seems odd Marie is the only one they've tried

Yusuke's got that gap moe thing right? Even though his makes him look like a gigantic faggot.

I'd rather have no homo if it's not Goro. I don't want to romance the autist. Or Yuki. Fuck that traitor.

Because tsundere is a shitty trope. I have no idea why it's so popular.

>Not having best girl in your party

>Trusting super detective man

It's almost like we had a whole game where the villain was a detective not too long ago

>Her Persona is literally a traitor

Can we talk about how Goro's eye color is considerably darker in recent art than on the cover? This triggers my autism way more than Chihaya's hair band or whatever.

tsundere isnt shitty.
You're shitty.
baka

Eye and hair colors change in Persona all the time. You will have to get used to it.

Will any Persona game ever be able to top Persona 3?

How you deal with eye colours looking different because of lighting on real life autistic user?

Yeah, P1 and ISP. and probably P5.

Why is he so fucking cute.
Though I still feel like he looks weird on his AoA cutin, or at least the very small part of it.
I'm still wondering why is his nickname Crow.

FeMC also has inconsistent in-game eye color.

Maybe Soejima has a hard time remembering characters' eye colors.

Crows are smart? Sneaky? Problem solvers? Little cunts? Never forget a face?

yatagarasu maybe

Its Crown

Because he is a prince detective

That shit's not lighting, only other difference is Futaba's eyes and hair getting some red gradients thrown on it, but they're still consistent.

HIME JA NAI

Hey, Anne just sent this to me. Wat do?

Where was that codename shown?

The picture's small and incomplete because it is. We don't have a confirmed codename yet, so it could be Crow or Crown or something else entirely.

I fucking love Fuuka's dress code.
The sweater, the cape. So warm and fluffy that I wanna hug her! Why no girls in real life dress like her?

Here, you can see CRO and some autists took Crow as gospel.

>dress code
dumb esl fuukaposter

My grandma does.

I like her blue dress

Fuuka is boring! Boring!

>Crow
>Crown
>Cross
>Crook
>Crotch
>Crop
>Crone

I. Am. Not. A. Fuuka. Poster. But. I. Find. It. Highly. Ironic. That. Aigis. Posters. Are. Calling. Another's. Waifu. Boring.

So, the million dollar question: Will P5 be P3 levels of tight scheduling if you want to max every Co op or P4 levels of take your time because you'll have more than enough time?

What about Cronos

It's Cross because he doublecross the police by helping the thieves.

Where is this Chie model from?
And to answer your question because I hate when people reply to me with something irrelevant, I'm sure it will be pretty lenient just because there will likely be a lot of newcomers to the series playing this game.

>mfw muricans are bound to inferior English dub

Seriously tho all the memenig aside I find it Japanese voice actors are much better at acting in Persona series.

P4DAN, looks like.

Considering you can skip classes, it will be considerably easier, at least in NG+ if your social stats carry over

yeah its dan's model

Of course they are. Japanese games use top tier Japanese actors. English localizations of Japanese games use low-mid tier American actors.

Persona 3 main party girls:
>actual, believable human beings (and robitts)
>consistent personalities with their various issues
>end up growing and changing for the better
>flawed, but wonderful

Persona 4 main party girls:
>cardboard cutout archetypes (and Naoto)
>Yamato Nadeshiko, tomboy, idol
>have no growth over the course of the story
>stupid personalities unjustified by the story
>vapid shits loved only by the kind of garbage-eating, no-standards faggots who watch seasonal anime and change their waifu every four months

Where did everything go so wrong? Subsequently, will everything go right again?

I agree. Problem is, Japanese is the most ear-splittingly annoying language I've ever had to listen to. I just can't appreciate subs for that reason.

Anne loves chocolate colored men. The most.

>cardboard cutout archetypes (and Naoto)
Stopped right here and laughed

>I find it Japanese voice actors are much better at acting in Persona series.
Yeah, almost as if the series is about Japanese people in Japan doing Japanese shit, as written and directed by Japanese people for a Japanese audience, or something.

Also they tend to get higher tier voice actors instead of just nobodies or newcomers

Come on, man, you can do better.

Almost every arcana accounted for now

It dosen't matter when you are north-east Asian. We share lots of pronounciation. What really is ear-splitting shit language is Chiniese. I can't stand listening that filth more than one minute.

What do you think of the P5 trailers' voice acting so far? It just has a lot of the actors I've enjoyed hearing personally.

Not that guy, but I use that same reaction image all of time without being a Aigisfags and damn your post is autistic.

I'm not saying Naoto is a good character, but at the very least you can't boil her down to a two-word-max title that also encompasses a slew of seasonal anime whores.

Not an argument.

>What is a trap
Yes you can.

>We share lots of pronounciation

No you fucking don't.

Goro will be #8 as Justice!

Kid detective and reverse trap are plentiful.
Theres nothing that unique about Naoto

Making party members social link characters was a mistake. Why would I ever pick anyone else?

VA in general is pretty shitty in murrica since it's where hollywood rejects go to work. I watched a episode of avatar and holy shit that was bad it made VA of weeaboo games look like top notch professional work.

Hey Kanji was pretty good and I also liked Dojima.

Ya think fool will just be the phantom thieves and level with story progress again?

Fool is Potter/ The Team
Justice will be Goro
Strength is Sae
Judgment = The team at their peak
World = Potter at final boss.

I mean... I like the guys, at some points. The girl's voices are just way too high for me to imagine tolerating them. Even Makoto's

Although, about the guy's voices-- I'm sure it's just 'cause I didn't grow up around Japanese, but every single shonen protagonist, every single video game protagonist-- they all sound the same.

So yeah. I understand their performances are probably better, but I'll still get the dub.

The guys in Persona 4 were largely acceptable, hence why I limited my ire to party girls. Yosuke a shit, but mostly for being an insufferable faggot.

Rise's Japanese voice is feels like my ears are being raped by scratching chalkboards.

I think Fuuka's wardrobe is great, mostly because of my love of turtlenecks.
Her modest looks make me feel like I can relax and be myself around her easily.

even middling actors can put in good results with the right direction, but there never seems to be any real direction, let alone one that has a vision and cares about the final product

>falling for the nip superiority meme
>not letting Laura Bailey lovingly tonguefuck your ear holes
Shig to the fucking dig, my man.

Yes we do. At least Japanese and Korean.

Doshoukan - Doseogwan (Library)
Muri - Muri (Forced, Forcing)
Toshi - Dosi (City)
Kyori - Geori (Distance)
Sagi - Sagi (Fraud)
Dougu - Dogu (Tool)
Yakusoku - Yaksok (Promise)

And the list goes on. Not only we have similar nouns, we also have similar end of the worlds. -Da, -Ne, -Yo, etc.

>Goro

Are you seriously saying that, for instance, Mitsuru is not an anime archetype? They're anime games, most of the characters are going to be anime archetypes. Now, p3, by and large, did it's characters BETTER, certainly, but they're still bad.
Writing good characters as opposed to stereotypes is hard, man.

If you went to one of Rise's shows, you could hop up on the stage and give her a big sloppy kiss on the mouth before she could do anything

>P3 girls not anime archetypes
>Yukari is literally Misato Katsuragi

Lmao have fun getting tazed by a bodyguard

But Korean and Japanese don't even sound the same. Even when you have the same word, doesn't mean it won't sound like garbled nonsense to the other person.

Hearing the on'yomi pronunication in actual Chinese sounds really far off from how Japan says it.

u wot

Ryuji's seems the least good to me and even kinda annoying so far, but yeah from hearing Anne and Makoto's in anime roles they each have great sounding distinct qualities easy to differentiate. Definitely as good as Laura Bailey is to an English speaker.

And Yusuke could just steal the whole game, I'd say his deeper voice is way different from your similar sounding protagonists.

Man, if you want Rise that bad you should just become an old faceless businessman. She won't be able to resist you then.

What weed are you smoking

Thats a new one

Well of course. The Japanese product is the real work, the localization is a butchery created to make it more appealing to foreigners. The people in charge of the localization are never going to care as much as the people who actually made the game.

What?

>Although, about the guy's voices-- I'm sure it's just 'cause I didn't grow up around Japanese, but every single shonen protagonist, every single video game protagonist-- they all sound the same.
Seriously? Joker, Ryuji and Yusuke and even Goro all sound different. FukuJun is doing a mostly arrogant voice for joker, ryuji has a generic voice which is strange as fuck for miyano who usually does extremely flamboyant voices and sugita is a bit too deep this time.
JP guys voices actually sound more different than girls, some girls usually all sound the same and the only way to differentiate is by "who sounds more/less squeaky than the other"

A female who becomes part of an organization dedicated to fighting Lovecraftian beasts because she has a hangup over her dead scientist daddy, only to find out WHOOPS LOL looks like daddy is partially responsible for the creatures' appearances. At some point she watches him die.

wtf i hate p-team now

What went wrong?

Nothing.

they removed the edge

Have you all noticed that outside your party member, you'll interact with mostly adults?

P3 have shit ton of highschoolers as S.Link member. The only adult we can get is those two elders from Hierophant, Tanaka from Devil, Toriumi from Hermit, Old Monk from Tower and Akinari from Sun.

In P4, we get less interaction from highschoolers because all of the party member are available as S.Link.

But in here, we get only TWO highschooler as S.Link interaction (Chihaya probably is in college).

Is it an ironic that you want to change the corrupted adult people, but you interact and bonded with adults most of the time?

The West got fucked.

I have an entire write-up on P3/NGE parallels. They're scarily similar.

I don't think Akinari was an adult.

post it in a pastebin i like reading shit like that

>Atlus has had P5 finished since like 2013 but they delayed it to release Ultimax and DAN for more P4 money
Was getting paid part of their master plan?

>Age : 19
Young adult, but definitely not a highschooler. He's probably in College years.