Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Shitters get out! edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4v80zi/myth_buster_the_real_math_behind_timeworn_charm/
reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4v8zki/mhgen_tested_bludgeoning_does_not_remove_the_lsm/
youtu.be/6qeogmpk3qs?t=55
youtube.com/watch?v=vZqtusw-DIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i want to swim with lagiacrus!!!

Tama knot!

17-8284-8591-1527
farming ala
geddin

Where were you when based Reddit BTFO /mhg/ by proving that their autism charm method is less optimal than the Sakura method? me? I was upvoting posts in /r/HillDawg

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4v80zi/myth_buster_the_real_math_behind_timeworn_charm/

consensual sex!

SEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAA

>Give Akantor weapons high raw and high affinity but shit sharpness
>introduce a new skill that gives more power to low sharpness weapons, giving akantor weapons a chance
>still keep the gay yellow sharpness = less damage meme, effectiveness nullifying the bludgeoner skill

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4v8zki/mhgen_tested_bludgeoning_does_not_remove_the_lsm/

Why is this allowed?

I want to BE Meowstress!

>you will never overcome your shyness

Yes, just tie the noose already.

wet adult kiss!

youtu.be/6qeogmpk3qs?t=55

How did he do that? As far as I'm aware Adept DB can't instant spinning top like that.

I don't even get this "deliver 1 by 1" thing? The fuck is that? Are they cheating some RNG by doing that?

Can't we get along?

thanks for the charming /mhg/! I'll make another room later too

You can't!

Well sure, just quit spamming.

press the special attack button on your bottom screen

You mean the very first attack he does? Use the special button on the touch screen.

That's probably the worst place for that to be. Hopefully I can keybind that to ZR or ZL.

Can I cum on your shyness?

>quit spamming
where do you think we are?

yeah its a weird glitch where the game assumes every stack deposited is a stack of a lot of coal. so

How do you efficiently do charm runs solo?

I can't. I don't even think I can change where the location of it is.

;-;

What the fuck is LSM?

honestly if you're doing solo charm runs you ARE better off eating for explorer and getting any blue nodes along the way

just learn where the spawns are and bring extra combines for farcaster

why is daimon on a bridge

>Fighting deviljho in a triple monster quest
>Sleep bomb him, break his head twice in 5 minutes
>Alright, this is good, he should die fairly soon
>Another 5 minutes go by
>I can feel it, he's almost dead
>Enrages
>Any one of these hits will be the last one
>Hit his head for another 10 minutes
>Why the fuck isn't he dead yet
>5 First Aid Med+, 10 mega potions, 20 minutes into a 3 monster quest and he's still not fucking dead
How the fuck am I supposed to beat this guy

low sharpness modifier

Low Sharpness Modifier. It makes you do less damage at sharpness under green.

I wish this would come to the west already, I hate jumping through hoops to play games like this and MHF

straight from that link

>At yellow sharpness and under you get a Low Sharpness Modifier. If you hit too early in the attack animation you only do 60% of your raw, if you hit too late in it you only do 70%.
Some people have claimed that the armor skill Bludgeoning removes this mechanic, this is not true.
Some have claimed that the early hit modifier has been changed to 30% instead of 60%, this is also not true.

tldr yellow sharpness is even shittier than you previously thought

What does eating for explorer mean?

Ah, thought so. Is this a specific quest, or just gathering? Why stop at 30?

>This instead of Dragon's Dogma 2
>Not even available to the rest of the world
Feels bad man. I just want to go to the moon.

jho is super easy to sleep bomb because meat

did you do that? sleep bomb followed by a pitfall is a great chunk of free damage on him

Capcom is the "no taking risks" company it seems.

How long until tfw shows up and begins the next naked hunting saga?

Its a food skill.

With it you will spawn in the secret area of a map. This typically has a couple of special gathering spots with higher chance for good stuff.

My friend had a palico that told fatigue levels, paintball timer and laid traps. My palico only lays traps, how can I get one that does the same things my friends does?

>Need sharpness +2 or s+2 and RZ to make akantor weapons work with bludgeoning
Shiggy

explorer is a food skill that will start you in the maps secret zone

When is too early or too late in an attack animation? Also, if you git gud, wouldn't you always be on time and not have to worry?

Why does everything have to be so obscure and hidden? How do I unlock all the advanced quests for 6 star village? Just doing all the ones already there?

I thought there was an already inherent modifier for low sharpness. Like Yellow was a base of 1.0, and green was 1.10. Remember seeing something in the wiki along those lines. I just play by the unspoken rule of "blue or lose."

>Make weapons that are cool in theory but completely unusable
>Introduce new skill that would make them usable
>Still make them unusable

Oh yeah, I've got that a few times. I guess "eating for" threw me off for some reason. Getting unreasonably pissed off just reading this thing on reddit too for some reason.

he has to solo the game first

Do hub requests work like urgents where only the initiator gets credit?

I'm not sure if it's specific to the quest, but you need to have an online gathering hall up for the glitch to "work." Its for the Deliver 10 coal Quest which gives charms based on the amount of coal delivered. Gaijinhunter did a vid telling people to deliver 30 or some shit and that he tested it and said it didn't give more after 30. However, cause he's gailjinhunter he doesnt beleive in taking advantage of glitches in a PvE game. Meaning, naturally, upon further testing, it turns out that every time you drop a coal in the box, the game assumes its a stack of a lot. So it gives you a shit ton of awards for each individual coal you drop in and it caps at 12 individual drops.

Explorer is a food skill that makes it so you start in the secret areas on maps you spawn randomly in.

you're not always gonna hit the best zone no matter how gud you git

pretty sure green is 1.0

JUST FUCK MY AKANTOR CB BUILD UP SENPAI

Yes.

Lets take a moment to remember MHF and MHFU

thats element though, bro.

So I just started playing 4U and just to confirm this, you can't go out gathering or to try a weapon if you are not in a quest right?
Then how do I gather or try weapons? Can I repeat quest just to do this?

So why is purple sharpness absent in MHGen? No Fatalis around to provide it after Handicraft?

Why would they do such a horrible thing

Thanks. That all makes sense. Still kind of irritated at the whole thing. Not sure why. Maybe I see it as some sort of cheating. Oh well.

That is for elemental sharpness lad

I thought the only reason you would ever run the Akantor CB in 4U was to load up on Artillery and skills and nuke the ever living shit out of everything with AED's. Does phial burst strength correlate with sharpness now?

cause purple is a G rank color. It adds a lot more damage which would be too much for just an HR game.

YEAH FUCK

Still, what this means is that there is a good chance you'll be doing 0.7 or 0.6 damage instead of 1.0 damage in yellow sharpness

Because it would be overpowered in a game without G-rank, senpai.

>Feel asleep hunting niblesnarf

DDO is such a nightmarish grind, though. I tried playing it and jesus fucking christ is it slow with every large monster having 3 times more health than is sensible

I really wish the game got the polish and time it deserved because 3rd person action games will ALWAYS be better than first person

MH4 wasn't G-Rank and it had purple sharpness

i've never seen that one, thanks you

Are there any LR turns rooms open or should I make one?

THE WIND IS PUSHING ME

AND REMINDING METHIS'LL NEVER COME TO THE WEST

Is the set you get from mining the huge sword any good this time around? Seems like it had some good skills but i'm not sure how it stacks up to other armors.

It is cheating, but think of it of cheating a broken system. Go out and mine normally and just hit mining nodes as intended. It's a long fucking grind to do it that way. Now do use this glitch, and its still a long grind but still considerably quicker. It takes hours of regular mining for these things and squishes them into... well into a lot less hours.

Now factor in that youre not getting a real advantage over anyone by doing this stuff. No one is gonna get hurt cause you got a solid talisman in 10 hours instead of 30 hours.

On top of all this, theres really nothing in the game that requires a perfect set to be killed. So you shouldnt feel obligated to use this glitch nor better than someone who uses it.

Doesn't make a difference, really. The potential charms in this game are really crappy in general, nothing like it was in 4U. You pretty much only run these farming sessions when you really need a slotted charm for one skill you're missing on your set.

And it's less cheating as you are only speeding up the process. One might argue why play the game if you exploit the game to get the goodies as soon as possible, but dunno. Many people, like me, want to get this shit done already to focus on the hunts (and in gitin gud).

Shaggy's armor is fucking final fantasy tier. It looks way too goofy.

How was your day /mhg/?

Okay.

Sorta okay

SilvaGunner did a MHGen rip and now I'm kind of hoping there'll be more MH rips

Did what a Gunlancer did. Trip people.

>FU
>yellow though blue, well distributed damage boost
>blue to white, 5% damage boost
>white to purple, 20% damage boost

What the fuck were they thinking? I remember people telling me to craft the Narga stuff for the sharpness in FU, but this is retarded balancing.

HR room --OO

45-1230-0306-3827

I really do miss those long monster intros where you see your character running for their fucking life around the area. Showed a bit of personality for each monster.

Yeah I guess I can understand that. It's annoying to have to take so long on something. Though I never cared about charms too much either, but I've always been a shitter that chooses looks over minmaxing. Still, thanks guys.

only fatalis weapons had purple and it was just a tiny bit and also required s+1

anyone hr1 wanna grind stuff out? im down for whatever after i do my village urgent?

youtube.com/watch?v=vZqtusw-DIA
made my day

If you make one I would join in roughly 10 mins, if you dont mind a high rank scrub.

What are the best SnS to make?

i did not mean to end that with a question mark

Slept all day like a POS instead of playing MHG like a POS.

I had diarrhea which left me too dehydrated to stop my sinusitis, which was made worse due to smoke inhalation from someone leaving poisonous cleaning chemicals in the oven. But I'm okay.

Which I suppose balances it out a bit

Both Tri and 4 had Purple, but were reserved to Alatreon and Fatalis weapons, respectively, also only unlocked with Sharpness+1. They were meant as end game nukes, as they were the only weapons with that kinda damage boost.

I think Gens is kinda better in this regard, making the Nakarkos weapons trade raw for a fucklong natural blue sharpness bar. Makes you not need things like Sharpness+ or Razor Sharp and focus on other stuff, it's a nice idea.

I've figured out the one thing that needs to be removed from MH to make it an acceptable and fun series for everyone, from hardcore vets to casual soccer moms.

Are you ready?

Chip damage.

FUCK YOU ASTALOS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is the most poorly designed questing shit ive ever seen in a game in my life. You basically have to 100% offline to get things done because they hide everything behind completely random, arbitrary, irrelevant quests which lead to more chains of them to unlock advanced missions offline which apparently is the only way to get some tickets. The person who designed the questing in Generations needs to be fired, rehired, then fired again.